DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
DeSkel likes Nodoka and we haven't risen against him yet.
"yet":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
oooooh, I smell a new game in our hands! What is something that annoys you in not having been resolved yet? It doesn't have to be the most annoying thing in terms of the whole story, it could be something small, but what just annoys you personally?

Well, what's yours?
In actuality: Probably Yumi as a whole.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
I've been thinking some more about Ami's apparent mention of TERMINAL 24, and how the other things she says in the same event could be clues regarding what a TERMINAL is.
That analysis might feel pretty tenuous. So of course I'm now going to double down and use even flimsier evidence to speculate further.

Dec 18, 2020
I'm not even sure if Yumi will be remembered by anyone after Sensei fucks her, as whether "she got the dick yet" seems to be her main selling point to fans. I wouldn't be surprised if some are only playing to finally get to that point, then will lose interest. Might even be why it hasn't happened.
Erm... wtf? Yes, it would be so hot to see Yumi and, for example, Rin get finally impaled by a dick. But to think that's the only reason people are “fanatical” about them or play the game? Like, who the hell has the patience to keep playing a game only to see Yumi get banged by her teacher and then just quit the game?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I've been thinking some more about Ami's apparent mention of TERMINAL 24, and how the other things she says in the same event could be clues regarding what a TERMINAL is.
That analysis might feel pretty tenuous. So of course I'm now going to double down and use even flimsier evidence to speculate further.
Just a note, the bugs may be a reference to Sekai, her mother, who may have referred to everyone as Bugs:

Ami had likely been reading Sekai's poetry for months if not years.

Although it could definitely be referring to bugs as in errors. Ami seems to at least think this world is supposed to be like a video game:
Which may be why Ayane not being like the Ayane NPC she's used to, seemed to bother her:
And why she seems to ignore things that don't make sense:
(Lots of "suppose"s. As if she's aware of how things are "supposed to be".)

It'd be interesting if Ami thinks she's in some kind of sentient game world that won't end until Sensei knocks her up, and only then can things truly change.

Like she's some kind of NPC that guides the player at the start, before becoming a love interest, but has now gone insane because the game never ends, and only repeats.
Erm... wtf? Yes, it would be so hot to see Yumi and, for example, Rin get finally impaled by a dick. But to think that's the only reason people are “fanatical” about them or play the game? Like, who the hell has the patience to keep playing a game only to see Yumi get banged by her teacher and then just quit the game?
Obsessive people. There are people out there who have made thousands by selling their bathwater to fans they'll never meet or even acknowledge. Humanity is...very human, and nothing would surprise me.

Also, I said some may lose interest, not quit the game, but that's also a possibility.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I'm not even sure if Yumi will be remembered by anyone after Sensei fucks her, as whether "she got the dick yet" seems to be her main selling point to fans. I wouldn't be surprised if some are only playing to finally get to that point, then will lose interest. Might even be why it hasn't happened.

I hope she gets something to make her and her story more interesting.
I think I both agree and disagree. Yumi's hot, and if I had to diagnose her appeal, it would boil down to boobs, tsundere, and "I can fix her" mixed with guilt. However, what is appealing about her to me is a girl that admits to being trash, slowly getting her life together while in contact with Akira (who assaulted her), and how their lives are forced to run in parallel sort of.

That's one thing, and what makes me keep getting back to her beyond that is the mystery. There is something going on there, and granted, maybe Selebus just chose to make the hot/problematic/tsundere girl the one that would get the big mystery of why the universe keeps forcing them together... But it's there regardless. I want to know what's up.

I was going to answer something productive but I somehow lost myself in the mathematics of how many Rin events there are this year and her chances of finally having sex with Akira lol (and it's not looking good)

Edit: moved both answers to this post since it makes more topical sense.

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
Damn, you really dislike Yumi, don't you? Perhaps your fondness for Nodoka is one of the factors feeding this disdain? This isn't any protest, just curious (after all, this is purely a matter of personal preference.)

As for me, Yumi represents archetypes I deeply enjoy. Both behaviorally and physically. Tsunderes, "bad girls"/delinquents, moody, arguably potentially smart, yet lazy; unpretentious, candid, etc.

Pale, slim, long black hair, big breasts, slightly taller than average, natural look; athletic-ish.

Truly top-notch stuff.

I agree, however, that Yumi's plotline has room for improvement. Not because I think she's cliché, but rather due to some aspects not being explored as they should've been.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
oooooh, I smell a new game in our hands! What is something that annoys you in not having been resolved yet? It doesn't have to be the most annoying thing in terms of the whole story, it could be something small, but what just annoys you personally?

Like you think to yourself "for how long are we gonna have to wait yet?" or "Man, this situation is just getting ridiculous..."

For me, it's the Chika thing - I thought it was bizarre from the first scene when she overreacted by Akira mentioning Niki, and it's been seasons of everyone accepting that he dated her, and yet here we are years later.
Well, what's yours?
For me it's the Nodoka book thing. As soon as it was introduced, I felt there was no way it couldn't have immediate and probably massive "real world" impact. Then nothing happened. Then Futaba found out, and I thought certainly NOW something has to happen. Then nothing happened. There are so many people whose lives stand on a knife's edge if just one wrong person finds out - like, what happens to Sensei if noted reader Wakana spots the book in a store, recognizes the author's surname, and flips through it? And yet no one seems to care except Futaba, and she hasn't done much more than make a frowny face. Hopefully it finally goes somewhere in this update with the Futaba events, but I'm not optimistic.

In contrast, I don't mind the Chika thing nearly as much as everyone else. To me, it makes a lot more sense than Nodoka's book from a character perspective; Chika keeps getting hints, but she never follows them up and finds out because she's scared of finding out. Though I imagine my patience is also helped by the fact that I haven't been sitting around waiting for updates in "real time" yet.

Interestingly, Yumi is one of my favorite characters, and for reasons that have very little to do with how much I want to see her get a good dicking. I can agree that her backstory and the delinquent tsundere persona aren't very interesting, but I think she has actual depth of character beyond that. For one thing, she might be the only member of the main cast that has any sort of inner conflict over her feelings towards Sensei that lasts longer than two seconds. Yeah, she obviously has a crush on him, but it feels like she really wished she didn't a lot of the time. She can get seriously skeeved out by him and feels a lot of guilt due to her loyalty to Chika (and knowing that he's "cheating" on her), even without acting on her feelings. She tries to grapple with what she knows about his dark side, whereas every character that knows more than her either has unconditional love toward him or is sociopath with an extremely punchable face (not to name names).

I also enjoy the effect she has on Sensei. Because he knows about the complexity of her feelings (and her connection to his blackouts) he tends to get more introspective around her and even sometimes allows himself to be vulnerable.

I started trying to order the main characters by how cliche I find them and it took me a while to get to Yumi. For me, Molly, Miku, Ayane, Touka, and Rin are all definitely more cliche (I forgive Rin and Molly because they're funny). Otoha is only not more cliche because she is somehow still a complete non-character. Sana would have been on the list until recent developments. And while they're not cliche per se, Uta and Noriko still feel more one-dimensional.

Edit: typos/grammar

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Damn, you really dislike Yumi, don't you? Perhaps your fondness for Nodoka is one of the factors feeding this disdain? This isn't any protest, just curious (after all, this is purely a matter of personal preference.)

As for me, Yumi represents archetypes I deeply enjoy. Both behaviorally and physically. Tsunderes, "bad girls"/delinquents, moody, arguably potentially smart, yet lazy; unpretentious, candid, etc.

Pale, slim, long black hair, big breasts, slightly taller than average, natural look; athletic-ish.

Truly top-notch stuff.

I agree, however, that Yumi's plotline has room for improvement. Not because I think she's cliché, but rather due to some aspects not being explored as they should've been.
It's less disliking her and more being exhausted by her. I find Yumi cliché and basically everything you just mentioned about her is a reason why, lmao. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

And no, Nodoka has basically nothing to do with this. If anything, she made Yumi more interesting.

I actually find Nodoka kind of annoying for reasons I doubt most would understand. She is like top 10 for me, though.

Reactions: Algorist

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
Just a note, the bugs may be a reference to Sekai, her mother, who may have referred to everyone as Bugs:

Although it could definitely be referring to bugs as in errors. Ami seems to at least think this world is supposed to be like a video game:
Which may be why Ayane not being like the Ayane NPC she's used to, seemed to bother her:

It'd be interesting if Ami thinks she's in some kind of sentient game world that won't end until Sensei knocks her up, and only then can things truly change.

Like she's some kind of NPC that guides the player at the start, before becoming a love interest, but has now gone insane because the game never ends, and only repeats.

Obsessive people. There are people out there who have made thousands by selling their bathwater to fans they'll never meet or even acknowledge. Humanity is...very human, and nothing would surprise me.

Also, I said some may lose interest, not quit the game, but that's also a possibility.
Io being a computer bug would actually make sense in a way because who the fuck names there kid "Io." Sound's like a piece of code in a program or something.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Io being a computer bug would actually make sense in a way because who the fuck names there kid "Io." Sound's like a piece of code in a program or something.
not intending to get dark, but there's just no way around it, probably the same kind of people that would sexually assault her. Weird name ideas would be very low in strangeness following her situation (although I don't know if Io is a regular name in japanese).

edit: did a quick search and there are many Ios in japanese naming sites, what the name means varies as there are many possible kanji with that sound. I don't know if that's a common name, but it's definitely a name that's used.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019

I agree with most of this and appreciate the added sources. One place I think I disagree is her motive. Whether her original goal was actually fixing Sensei or not, I think at this point she is actively trying to ensure he doesn't get fixed (in the sense that the player/Maya/probably the other girls wants to fix him). Because if he's fixed and starts acting like a normal human being, she's scared it will damage the connection between them. For her the perfect future is one where the two of them stay inside the house together forever, with no interference from other girls. And the closest she can get to that is by ensuring the "game" never ends.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I agree with most of this and appreciate the added sources. One place I think I disagree is her motive. Whether her original goal was actually fixing Sensei or not, I think at this point she is actively trying to ensure he doesn't get fixed (in the sense that the player/Maya/probably the other girls wants to fix him). Because if he's fixed and starts acting like a normal human being, she's scared it will damage the connection between them. For her the perfect future is one where the two of them stay inside the house together forever, with no interference from other girls. And the closest she can get to that is by ensuring the "game" never ends.
This mentality opens up a very dark possibility for the upcoming update. Cause for Io to keep Akira inside the room without ever growing, one of the options is serving him as Maya did (which was her intention more or less with Uta) - yeah, I'm scared for them.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
This mentality opens up a very dark possibility for the upcoming update. Cause for Io to keep Akira inside the room without ever growing, one of the options is serving him as Maya did (which was her intention more or less with Uta) - yeah, I'm scared for them.
For clarity, I was talking about Ami rather than Io. But I also think it's extremely believable that Io decides at some point that she "needs" to offer herself to Akira in order to preserve their relationship. And then the game can finally top "Prisoner" for "most boner-killing sex scene".

• Sad

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
I remember a time... I could possibly add something to the discussion here. Now, I'm lucky if I get to recall half the scenes and references people mention. The level of discourse seems to have gone up as well. These long development breaks have taken their toll on my LiL knowledge. I remember the gist of the last update & that's pretty much it (disregarding prominent things). I guess slightly under four years is my limit.

I can follow, but there's no way to contribute beyond what's seen per update.

The more I wait on my replay, the more daunting the prospect of it becomes. Maybe when LiL ends in ten years...

By then, the only thing I'll remember for sure is the fact that Sensei has a large penis.

Dec 18, 2020
the only thing I'll remember for sure is the fact that Sensei has a large penis.
You know, it reminded me of "The Only Thing I Know for Real" OST from Metal Gear Rising. The first few lines fit the description of what's happening with Sensei perfectly, don't they?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
For clarity, I was talking about Ami rather than Io.
Yeah, sorry - I was answering through my phone and messed things up in my head. Now, onto proper responses (very long read):
And as a final question, I've been pondering a lot about who is the one that keeps saying "I love you so much", and is the loneliest girl, and the one that HOPE says that will wake up if the angels keep making noise. Cause even though Sekai would be the logical answer, I don't know... No one seems to perfectly fit. An erased Maya Prime that survived could fit, as could a future/whole Ami. But Sekai isn't a lonely girl, and I don't know why the World Itself would love Akira. Maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: confused Noriko and Kirin's scene, it's fixed now.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Interestingly, Yumi is one of my favorite characters, and for reasons that have very little to do with how much I want to see her get a good dicking. I can agree that her backstory and the delinquent tsundere persona aren't very interesting, but I think she has actual depth of character beyond that. For one thing, she might be the only member of the main cast that has any sort of inner conflict over her feelings towards Sensei that lasts longer than two seconds. Yeah, she obviously has a crush on him, but it feels like she really wished she didn't a lot of the time. She can get seriously skeeved out by him and feels a lot of guilt due to her loyalty to Chika (and knowing that he's "cheating" on her), even without acting on her feelings. She tries to grapple with what she knows about his dark side, whereas every character that knows more than her either has unconditional love toward him or is sociopath with an extremely punchable face (not to name names).

I also enjoy the effect she has on Sensei. Because he knows about the complexity of her feelings (and her connection to his blackouts) he tends to get more introspective and even sometimes allows himself to be vulnerable around her.

I started trying to order the main characters by how cliche I find them and it took me a while to get to Yumi. For me, Molly, Miku, Ayane, Touka, and Rin are all definitely more cliche (I forgive Rin and Molly because they're funny). Otoha is only not more cliche because she is somehow still a complete non-character. Sana would have been on the list until recent developments. And while they're not cliche per se, Uta and Noriko still feel more one-dimensional.
I feel like most of the other girls with conflicts about liking Sensei, have more interesting reasons why. Uta has Io and her past, Tsuneyo sees him as a predator and possibly a rapist of her friend, Sana saw him as her best friend's love interest, doesn't seem actually interested in romance, and seems to have a rape fetish, not to mention absent father and a mother that crushes on him, Rin realizes he's old and she prefers girls, but also values him as a homie and has basically a sister, mother figure, and first crush, going after him, etc.

I struggle to see how any of those girls you mentioned, are more cliché than Yumi, tbh, but to each their own.
Ami's main desire seems to simply be to not lose him:
A part of this involves trying to convince him to not fuck wizards or his underage students, risking everything, everytime he leaves the house.

In real life, Sensei would definitely be locked up or at the very least without a career.

Also, if the "game" ends, Ami can have children and more family. At the moment, Sensei is the only family she has. It's likely why she wants to get pregnant so bad, why she likes the Nakayamas who are somewhat like sisters to her, and why Sara and Sana were invited in the 'Lamb Legs' Happy Event. She's also mentioned he's supposed to reach the epilogue which would imply she wants him to reach the ending.

Keep in mind, the Sensei she knows best only fucked Maya and Sekai. Sensei in the resets is different than Pre Resets Sensei. That's likely the life she wants back, the one where he wasn't involved in one way or another with over 30 girls. This is probably why she's missed Maya/New Maya, since Maya Prime wasn't the same Maya she knew.

In her current life, even his own bedroom isn't safe from intruders. Everyone around her is insane:
Besides the recent break in, and wizard pic on his phone, Sensei also broke, and she had to take care of him for 2 months.

He's not safe outside or inside, which is probably the main thing that was breaking her. It didn't help that he disappeared on her then ignored her calls, after taking care of him.
Yeah, sorry - I was answering through my phone and messed things up in my head. Now, onto proper responses (very long read):
And as a final question, I've been pondering a lot about who is the one that keeps saying "I love you so much", and is the loneliest girl, and the one that HOPE says that will wake up if the angels keep making noise. Cause even though Sekai would be the logical answer, I don't know... No one seems to perfectly fit. An erased Maya Prime that survived could fit, as could a future/whole Ami. But Sekai isn't a lonely girl, and I don't know why the World Itself would love Akira. Maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: confused Noriko and Kirin's scene, it's fixed now.
It may just be Ami, that's possibly Narrating, and creating things. She definitely fits the loneliest girl theme as well, and Sensei seemed to imply if she goes, everything ends:
Of course, he could just be referring to suicide:

I wish the Nodoka Ami plot would get going, because I feel like that would answer a lot. In one way or another.

I've mentioned cores before, and recently Nodoka implied she wanted to become one:
And long before this, Yomiel mentioned a "center":

I'm curious how Ami is related to this Core/Center. Nodoka seems to think she's special:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes