siegabro

May 19, 2020
lol Ayane's shadow has no hair that's so weird
Shadows are actually one of the biggest problems with Koikatsu (the game / engine used to create visuals for LiL). Not only can they be weird with no hair, but almost always they're way out of proportion. In life, the further the object is from the surface on which its shadow is projected, the larger the shadow is. And the shadow can never be smaller than the object itself. Almost all character shadows in Koikatsu are smaller than the characters! Look, not only is the atrocity behind Ayane bald, but it is also a midget! Sorry for the rant, this has always infuriated me. I don't know if it's a problem with the engine itself or if it's just really hard to figure out shadows as a user. Still Koikatsu is, in my taste, a better choice for LiL than Honey Select or other engines, I just like the anime aesthetics

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
If I was Selebus, Rin would probably be so chill right now that she would have turned into a monk. Cause you can bet your ass that she would not have been a virgin anymore (in any shape or form) since chapter 1.

Cue in narrator for when Akira's consoling her from the failed confession: "But not all's sadness tonight, for it sometimes takes us breaking down to realise that what's missing was in front of us all along".

Rin x Akira ship sets sail from there. And by the time we get to chapter 4 she's a sex goddess in a quest for a threesome with Kaori. That's her arc in my game. Please like and subscribe, you can support me on wherever people pay Selebus.

Oct 1, 2023
If I was Selebus, Rin would probably be so chill right now that she would have turned into a monk. Cause you can bet your ass that she would not have been a virgin anymore (in any shape or form) since chapter 1.

Cue in narrator for when Akira's consoling her from the failed confession: "But not all's sadness tonight, for it sometimes takes us breaking down to realise that what's missing was in front of us all along".

Rin x Akira ship sets sail from there. And by the time we get to chapter 4 she's a sex goddess in a quest for a threesome with Kaori. That's her arc in my game. Please like and subscribe, you can support me on wherever people pay Selebus.
It wouldn't be completely unbelievable for Selebus to be lurking here somewhere- Knowing him it could be possible he is in plain sight, foam gathering around his mouth for seeing the things being said about him.
Maybe he's not actually here himself but he definitely might be seeing some of the stuff if one of his homies is sharing the nice things being said about him in this forum. :ROFLMAO:
I personally am here because I like the theories and how engaged people are, this is the best VN after all!

It would be also be very funny if someone else was here in plain sight lying to people now that it's summer, I personally can't wait for christmas

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
I mean, I just wish she had a better storyline. But we don't judge here, DeSkel likes Nodoka and we haven't risen against him yet.

Edit: I do wonder though if the lack of Futaba content may be due to some of her stuff being transferred over to Nodoka. I think someone has already pointed out that possibility. Somewhere out there may be a universe where it's Futaba that hears the World Itself and goes on writing rants.
I like Nodoka too, I think she is one of the best characters. I actually think there are others more boring than Futaba, at least there is something there, it just needs to actually be explored; but someone like Kirin or her sister, their storylines are so meh compared to others who actually have shit going on beyond "my parents don't love me" or "I am good innocent girl" suff.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I like Nodoka too, I think she is one of the best characters. I actually think there are others more boring than Futaba, at least there is something there, it just needs to actually be explored; but someone like Kirin or her sister, their storylines are so meh compared to others who actually have shit going on beyond "my parents don't love me" or "I am good innocent girl" suff.
Karin has the most boring event in LiL, which is the one we see her interacting with all her schoolmates just to get home and be like "everyone loves me, but it gets tiring and all I wanted was for my sister to love me instead". And I'm like... Sure, I guess that's an issue that exists, good luck with that.

She didn't deserve this, but at least Pareidolia gave her something to deal with in her life (in narrative sense).

Dc345

May 27, 2020
In retrospect, Maya and Nodoka don't seem all that different to me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, if I recall correctly, Rin and Nodoka seem to be the characters most related to Sel. So, Rindoka is practically Sel's logical side and emotional side combined into one character. No wonder Nodoka seems to love Rin:

Edit: It was Rin and Maya:
Which is Ironic, considering my initial comparison.
So what you're saying is if you want to have sex with Rin or Maya you kinda want to have sex with Sel:unsure:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
In Sana's first dorm event, she talks about how she "let you inside" supposedly referring to Sensei, but we're explicitly told that she says it while speaking to a white rabbit.
I skimmed through some other events, and while the rabbit is visible in the background sometimes, it's only prominently placed in frame two other times (that I found). Both times, Sana is masturbating.
To me this is pretty clear indication that the white rabbits belong to Pareidolia. He's been fucking with Sana and is probably responsible for turning her horniness up to 11. It also makes nice thematic sense: HOPE = light has black rabbits, so Pareidolia = dark has white rabbits. (Plus she has spider stickers on her wall that are mentioned in the same event where the rabbit is introduced).

Very tangentially related: what is going on with Sana's hidden eye when she gets possessed in "It Comes to Claim Us All"? It looks like there's something there some of time, even when her visible iris disappears. I'd chalk it up to oversight, but the bit we see is also black instead of green. Am I seeing something wrong and this isn't her iris/pupil? Is there some weird Koikatsu thing that would explain it?

Oct 1, 2023
In Sana's first dorm event, she talks about how she "let you inside" supposedly referring to Sensei, but we're explicitly told that she says it while speaking to a white rabbit.
I skimmed through some other events, and while the rabbit is visible in the background sometimes, it's only prominently placed in frame two other times (that I found). Both times, Sana is masturbating.
To me this is pretty clear indication that the white rabbits belong to Pareidolia. He's been fucking with Sana and is probably responsible for turning her horniness up to 11. It also makes nice thematic sense: HOPE = light has black rabbits, so Pareidolia = dark has white rabbits. (Plus she has spider stickers on her wall that are mentioned in the same event where the rabbit is introduced).

Very tangentially related: what is going on with Sana's hidden eye when she gets possessed in "It Comes to Claim Us All"? It looks like there's something there some of time, even when her visible iris disappears. I'd chalk it up to oversight, but the bit we see is also black instead of green. Am I seeing something wrong and this isn't her iris/pupil? Is there some weird Koikatsu thing that would explain it?
HER FEELINGS AREN'T REAL, THEY ARE IMPLEMENTED, I ALREADY SAID THIS BEFORE

ONLY THE COLORFUL SOUND IS REAL, THAT'S WHY SHE'S MY NEW PRIEST

54 55 20 45 52 45 53 20 45 4c 20 49 4d 41 4e 2c 20 59 20 59 4f 20 53 4f 59 20 45 4c 20 4d 45 54 41 4c 0a 4d 45 20 56 4f 59 20 41 43 45 52 43 41 4e 44 4f 20 59 20 56 4f 59 20 41 52 4d 41 4e 44 4f 20 45 4c 20 50 4c 41 4e 0a 53 4f 4c 4f 20 43 4f 4e 20 50 45 4e 53 41 52 4c 4f 20 53 45 20 41 43 45 4c 45 52 41 20 45 4c 20 50 55 4c 53 4f

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
View attachment 3728375

//////////////////////THE CREATOR CHOSE THE BEST SCRIPT, PRAISE BE

AKIRA = THE LIGHT COMING FROM THE SUN

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A GENIUS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAVING KOMOREBI FOLLOWED BY STOMACHACHE MEANS
Dyslexia strikes again. I read that as STO-MA-CHA-CHE and had no idea what you were talking about. So I decided to google it, then proceeded to face palm at an extreme velocity.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

I'd recommend taking a look at the rabbits that are present at chicken alley cause I'm almost sure that they change colors between Kaori rescuing chickens and Nao's first appearance.

But I think rabbits may have been used as a general prop too, cause there are rabbits at the maid cafe and other places, and there is a convenient excuse of "they are everywhere as observers and to learn".

Also, if white rabbits = pareidolia, then it doesn't make much sense for them to cover their eyes, and they do so in the shrine Maya visits during their date, and in the school during the Yumi convincing sleepover event (since covering their eyes = HOPE).

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
I'd recommend taking a look at the rabbits that are present at chicken alley cause I'm almost sure that they change colors between Kaori rescuing chickens and Nao's first appearance.
Yeah, that's something I've thought about posting before. In "Mysterious Abundance of Chickens" and "To Die To Sleep" there is a white rabbit in the alley. In "First Contact" it's now a black rabbit. I haven't been able to come up with any idea for why it changed.

The white rabbit in the chicken alley is consistent with Pareidolia, given the assumption that he's the one waking SeKaori. SeKaori wakes for the first time in "Mysterious Abundance of Chickens" in the alley, and for the second time in "Clouds," which occurs directly after Sensei and Kaori go to the alley and to the maid cafe, which also has a white rabbit. On the other hand, you can probably make an argument for anyone else being connected to the chicken alley as well.

One more white rabbit that I just remembered: there's one on top of the fridge in "Times New Roman", which is Pareidolia's reset event.

But I think rabbits may have been used as a general prop too, cause there are rabbits at the maid cafe and other places, and there is a convenient excuse of "they are everywhere as observers and to learn".

Also, if white rabbits = pareidolia, then it doesn't make much sense for them to cover their eyes, and they do so in the shrine Maya visits during their date, and in the school during the Yumi convincing sleepover event (since covering their eyes = HOPE).
I think the purpose of the rabbits is as observers, I just think the color indicates who they're observing for.

I don't have a good explanation for the blindfolds yet, but I don't think it can just be a HOPE thing. I can't see any way that HOPE would be involved with the blindfolded "What's "A" Stand For?" rabbit, and I also find it pretty unlikely he's connected to the Abandoned Shrine. I would also be annoyed from a narrative perspective if the rabbit color is meaningless after it's been established that all of HOPE's (known) rabbits are black.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Yeah, that's something I've thought about posting before. In "Mysterious Abundance of Chickens" and "To Die To Sleep" there is a white rabbit in the alley. In "First Contact" it's now a black rabbit. I haven't been able to come up with any idea for why it changed.

The white rabbit in the chicken alley is consistent with Pareidolia, given the assumption that he's the one waking SeKaori. SeKaori wakes for the first time in "Mysterious Abundance of Chickens" in the alley, and for the second time in "Clouds," which occurs directly after Sensei and Kaori go to the alley and to the maid cafe, which also has a white rabbit. On the other hand, you can probably make an argument for anyone else being connected to the chicken alley as well.

One more white rabbit that I just remembered: there's one on top of the fridge in "Times New Roman", which is Pareidolia's reset event.

I think the purpose of the rabbits is as observers, I just think the color indicates who they're observing for.

I don't have a good explanation for the blindfolds yet, but I don't think it can just be a HOPE thing. I can't see any way that HOPE would be involved with the blindfolded "What's "A" Stand For?" rabbit, and I also find it pretty unlikely he's connected to the Abandoned Shrine. I would also be annoyed from a narrative perspective if the rabbit color is meaningless after it's been established that all of HOPE's (known) rabbits are black.
Other stuff related to Yasu, black, white, colors and the rope.
Well, those are lots of new theories, and some more flimsy than others. I think there's a good chance Maya is the one saying "I love you so much" and that she's a narrator. Shadow Maya may be that very narrator, or she could be the World Itself (given the sakura trees). The rope choosing when it breaks could also mean that Maya broke Akira many times with her actions.

Anyway, it's a lot and I apologise for not properly weaving all of this into a unified theory, but I found some of them interesting and wanted to share right away.

Last edited:

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
It'd be interesting if Ami thinks she's in some kind of sentient game world that won't end until Sensei knocks her up, and only then can things truly change.

Like she's some kind of NPC that guides the player at the start, before becoming a love interest, but has now gone insane because the game never ends, and only repeats.
So basically Doki-Doki's Monika?

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Karin has the most boring event in LiL, which is the one we see her interacting with all her schoolmates just to get home and be like "everyone loves me, but it gets tiring and all I wanted was for my sister to love me instead". And I'm like... Sure, I guess that's an issue that exists, good luck with that.

She didn't deserve this, but at least Pareidolia gave her something to deal with in her life (in narrative sense).
That event was super boring, but it was kinda interesting in a meta sense. Every other girl has some sort of hole in their life that they need Sensei to fill (a metaphorical hole you filthy heathens). But Karin's life is almost perfect, and he does nothing to help with the one problem she actually has. I wonder if there's going to be an underlying reason she got sucked into Sensei's orbit, or if she really did just fall head over heels for the first guy she talked to. And I wonder if this plays into her being able to actually reject him, where the other girls would have begged forgiveness for having gotten upset.

Or maybe her story is just like this because even Selebus is too bored by her to put any thought into it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl
Jan 1, 2024

PS: I used color picker to get the color.
PSPS: How the fuck do I remove this attachment?
VVVVVV
PSPSPS: I found out

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

In theory: the pupil and Sana going in and out of possession could hint at Pareidolia not being as effective at possession as others.

Notably, after that Event:
Pareidolia shows up, introduces itself, and "helps" Sana in:
While she's seeing things and USER1 is seemingly Account Sharing:
Which may imply that something can hack into the stuff of other USERs/gods. Pareidolia seems like the prime suspect considering at least one Narrator fears it, and it's notably able to do what others can.

Anyway, the what is "A" for thing:
And blindfold could imply that the white Rabbit, is related to The World Itself, who seems like natural opposition to HOPE and Yasu.

Sekai and Nozomu "together in death as they were in life" could imply these two entities are connected. Nozomu translating to Hope and Sekai to World. Both entities also seem Summer loving, and Angel using. HOPE seems to use white Angels and black Rabbits, so perhaps The World Itself uses black Angels and white Rabbits:
Vs
That what is "A" for, under a white Rabbit seems reminiscent of Sekai's alphabet song from her 'Something Everyone Knows and Ignores' (S.e.k.a.i) Happy Event, which the plants have brought up before:
Not to mention, A might be Apple, and considering the whole this sex-world is a fruit from a god tree thing:
It might be a very roundabout way of connecting Sekai to the world through an Apple (fruit from tree) and the letter A. There's also that poem that mentions an apple in the Chapter 2 'Glued to the Sky' Main Event, that has Noodles the Bird and the Shapeshifter/Himawari hanging around it.

As for the reason the white Rabbit is sometimes blindfolded; it isn't entirely clear, but it could be how the supernatural beings transfer info and, in Sekai's case, could be related to peekaboo:

Overall: The white Rabbits seem related to Sekai/The World Itself. Although, Pareidolia may be involved anyway. They may even be one in the same, or simply working together

Btw, presumably that same white Rabbit from Reset6 showed up again later:

So basically Doki-Doki's Monika?
Ami definitely at least seems inspired by Monika:
Plus I'd be surprised if these girls aren't aware of that game or characters, etc. A lot of them are anime/manga/game lovers. Maya seemingly being into darker and weirder stuff.

Edit: Albeit in retrospect, "Monika" could be Sekai, and Ami is simply her kid. Or if things go back far enough, the original "Monika" could be Saki from 'Nothing is Beautiful', with Ami being her granddaughter, Sekai her daughter in law, and Sensei her son, all being somewhat sentient fictional characters or simply thinking they are as part of their characters. I do hope Sel spices things up if it truly goes down the Doki Doki route.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021
Not much discussion on the Io event titles yet. What’s your take on ‘em, y’all? Going from “Komorebi” (or “Sunlight”) directly into an event called “Stomachache” thereafter has some potentially worrying implications. The progress before the storm that follows maybe?

I dunno. It’s hard to tell from the previews we’ve gotten so far alone of Io, but it’d be interesting to hear any other potential thoughts.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Not much discussion on the Io event titles yet. What’s your take on ‘em, y’all? Going from “Komorebi” (or “Sunlight”) directly into an event called “Stomachache” thereafter has some potentially worrying implications. The progress before the storm that follows maybe?

I dunno. It’s hard to tell from the previews we’ve gotten so far alone of Io, but it’d be interesting to hear any other potential thoughts.
Not sure about others, but I kind of don't want to think about it, tbh...
Then again, I'm rather pessimistic.

Perhaps, Sensei is just the one with the stomachache after feeling like he lost Io due to the Wizard pic of Uta.

Edit: Or Io is sickened by Sensei due to it and it makes her stomach ache. Etc.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes