Slub

Oct 9, 2020
This is a reference to something that happened in real life on a Japanese game show (“Susunu! Denpa Shōnen”), where a man named Tomoaki Hamatsu (aka Nasubi) was forced to live off entirely sweepstakes he would have to fill out and nothing else while living in a cramped and dingy apartment space.

This went on from January 1998 to March 2002, and the story itself is both anger-inducing and heartbreaking.

I don’t have to mention that this entire situation is what inspired “A Life Of Prizes”, because that much should be obvious.

To anyone interested in Nasubi’s story who wants more details, Cr1TiKaL made a pretty good video going into it:

I highly recommend watching the documentary instead. Its‘s called ‚the contestant‘.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Otoha looks weird in this picture, probably on purpose. My guess is that Rin's about to talk down to her (probably including the option to reproach her about the trading).

I wonder if Otoha will use this moment to reveal her cheating, but then again why would she? She's a piece of shit.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Otoha looks weird in this picture, probably on purpose. My guess is that Rin's about to talk down to her (probably including the option to reproach her about the trading).

I wonder if Otoha will use this moment to reveal her cheating, but then again why would she? She's a piece of shit.
"Wait, THAT'S why you called it off? Because you felt bad about trying to shove your tongue down Niki's throat? Celebrity exception, dude."

Otoha's got some sins to account for, sure, but that's not one of them.

If I've got a shot at Anne Hathaway, I'm taking it. If my partner has a shot at Henry Cavill, and doesn't take it, I'd never let her live that down.

Edit, voiced by special guest Morgan Freeman: "Bargle does not, in any reality, have a shot at Anne Hathaway"

• Haha
Reactions: crustlord12

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
"Wait, THAT'S why you called it off? Because you felt bad about trying to shove your tongue down Niki's throat? Celebrity exception, dude."

If I've got a shot at Anne Hathaway, I'm taking it. If my partner has a shot at Henry Cavill, and doesn't take it, I'd never let her live that down.

Edit, voiced by special guest Morgan Freeman: "Bargle does not, in any reality, have a shot at Anne Hathaway"
Wakana and Imani were invited for a "celebrity exception", and turned it down because there is no exception without agreeing about it being an exception before the fact. Otoha sexually assaulted Niki while Rin was miserable because of her.

I'd be disappointed if Rin didn't see this difference.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023

I absolutely don't share this vision and I think it's shallow.

The point of loving someone is that they hold a special place in your heart nobody else can ever access.
The fact that you'd be willing to throw it all away just because you've got a "shot" with somebody who is famous means you didn't love your partner enough, it also means that your love can be traded for something material.

Being a celebrity is just a step on the totem-pole of "justifiable cheating"

At the top of the totem-pole you have things like celebrity, somewhere below you have "very wealthy" and so on... it's all a matter of how much someone is willing to trade a person for, because that's exactly what it is.
You swore your love to someone, but you are willing to exchange them for someone who is "better" like changing your Starter Pokemon for a Legendary just because they have higher stats.

I would never get rid of my starter, not even for a perfect stats shiny legendary

Aug 20, 2021
She read the book about the class written by Nodoka, so she probably knows way more.
"The Light of Last Summer" (Nodoka's book) was written before Nodoka lost her virginity to Akira. In my original comment, what I was saying was Futaba isn't aware that Nodoka and Sensei are involved together yet, so Futaba being aware of them having a sexual relationship together via the book is straight up impossible. In terms of knowing about him messing around with certain other classmates? Absolutely. As someone apart of the class, it wouldn't be difficult for Futaba to deduce what character represents who.

This could hurt Futaba for a number of reasons. She already gets the gist that Nodoka doesn't care about her feelings and how the book is an invasion of privacy, but finding out that her best friend of many years is messing around with the guy she loves? That will only make things worse. At least, that's how I see it. Time will tell.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I absolutely don't share this vision and I think it's shallow.

The point of loving someone is that they hold a special place in your heart nobody else can ever access.
The fact that you'd be willing to throw it all away just because you've got a "shot" with somebody who is famous means you didn't love your partner enough, it also means that your love can be traded for something material.

Being a celebrity is just a step on the totem-pole of "justifiable cheating"

At the top of the totem-pole you have things like celebrity, somewhere below you have "very wealthy" and so on... it's all a matter of how much someone is willing to trade a person for, because that's exactly what it is.
You swore your love to someone, but you are willing to exchange them for someone who is "better" like changing your Starter Pokemon for a Legendary just because they have higher stats.

I would never get rid of my starter, not even for a perfect stats shiny legendary
I, myself, have only been part of monogamous relationships, so I get where you're coming from. I wouldn't ever include such a clause in one of my relationships either. But I recognize that there are more than just my way of doing things that might work for other people.

However, the concept of cheating is that you're doing something behind your partner's back. The main issue with relationships involving younger people is that they either don't sit down to define their relationship, or that they don't even know what they want out of it, for lack of experience. If people follow whatever they agreed on, then there's no cheating no matter how many people you sleep with.

For instance, Maki probably has had the larger amount of partners of the cast, yet I doubt she cheated on Masahiro even once. Otoha has had one partner and is 100% on the cheating ratio (she's also 50% on the sexual assault ratio).

Akira is an interesting case because he's only cheating on Chika (New Maya could be included too, we'll soon discover) if we go by this logic, since he's no one else's boyfriend/didn't sign the exclusivity clause with anyone. Even Niki calls him out for "cheating" on her when he mentions Yumi, but she's the same Niki that asks him not to have sex with Noriko (she doesn't say "just have sex with me"), and that beneath the mask she understands that asking him to be faithful to her at this point in time is simply ludicrous (and that's probably what motivates her to invite Wakana and Imani to a threesome in the first place - to show Akira that she'd be okay with him having sex with other consenting adults as long as it goes through her and she's part of it).

Wakana is imo the perfect example of how a relationship should work in that regard. Even if she herself would have no issue with Osako having sex with someone else, she won't do it if Osako doesn't say she's okay with it first. It's not a matter of wanting to, cause she has mad chemistry with Akira, she simply won't. Which is tragic because that's the same relationship Osako insists on destroying.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024
Off topic, I thought about this a tiny bit about some mentions of death some time ago, if a girl dies, lets say Tsuneyo did her foreshadowed cannibal arc, and a reset happend, I think the way that girl might come back without suspicion would be that the minds of everyone (except the members of RAS and maybe Ami) changed from "Tsuneyo killed Waya" to "Tsuneyo tried to fucking kill Waya and now she's back from the hospital"

Permanent deaths might happen once everybody can understand resets, or permanent deaths is a thing already but only to people who can understand so long as they die outside of a reset, by understand I mean like, apart of
RAS. But the ones who understand that died outside of a reset might instead get the same situation as Maya Prime instead of a permanent death once a reset happens, but it could also be they basically become New Waya but without their Waya Prime.

Bingoogus the Prophet! :LOL:
Nah man, we just found out who The Selebus Among Us is.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Anyways I'd think Futaba wouldn't be that much surprised that he's fucking Nodoka, although I don't really see what reason she would have to be pissed off or anything, maybe a "Are you serious?!" and that's it. Maybe one of the Theorists can help out with what'll happen if Futaba catches Sensei X Nodoka.
Probably not a lot. Futaba has sucked his dick in front of Nodoka.
Nodoka would probably invite her to be part of it if Futaba catched them, and call it "making amends". Futaba might even take her on since she's on her "accepting myself" phase, and definitely thinks Nodoka is a better version of her in some aspects - so it may be a challenge she'd rather take than decline if the option was presented to her.

All in all, Nodoka having sex with Akira is just a given tbh. Even people that don't know about it would probably take it as natural given their relationship. What really might change Futaba's opinion on Nodoka is finding out about the sexual assault/blackmail, but Selebus in his obsessiveness with making secondary shallow storylines has made that optional so... One can only hope Nodoka's attempt on blackmail/sexual assault is enough for Futaba to be shocked.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Futaba knows Sensei is fucking others but so far I think it might only be Makoto she knows of? Not sure if I remember right but what I AM SURE of is that the only people that know of Nodoka is Rin and Otoha, so my memory supports your memory that Futaba doesn't know about Nodoka.

Anyways I'd think Futaba wouldn't be that much surprised that he's fucking Nodoka, although I don't really see what reason she would have to be pissed off or anything, maybe a "Are you serious?!" and that's it. Maybe one of the Theorists can help out with what'll happen if Futaba catches Sensei X Nodoka.
Futaba is still disappointed in Nodoka for what she did with her books and how she treats people, and isn't patching things up with her in hopes that she learns a lesson (or starts acting better despite knowing what she does is wrong already.) If she catches Akira fucking her, she might be pretty pissed. At the very least hurt, because while she does know of some others, she doesn't know much, and it would still make her uncomfortable and likely sad, especially in Nodoka's case.
Nodoka and Futaba had a conversation about Nodoka sleeping with Sensei and well, Nodoka knew she'd be betraying Futaba unless:

In theory, Nodoka may have found a loophole, but that hasn't stopped Otoha, Rin, Sensei, or Nodoka from hiding this from Futaba.

Might even cause Futaba to lose faith in her friends, and based off last update, could even lead to her having her own Bluejay moment if they really are all that's keeping her...grounded.

Edit: Btw, Ayane knows about Nodoka as well.

Last edited:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Nodoka and Futaba had a conversation about Nodoka sleeping with Sensei and well, Nodoka knew she'd be betraying Futaba unless:

In theory, Nodoka may have found a loophole, but that hasn't stopped Otoha, Rin, Sensei, or Nodoka from hiding this from Futaba.

Might even cause Futaba to lose faith in her friends, and based off last update, could even lead to her having her own Bluejay moment if they really are all that's keeping her...grounded.
Completely forgot about this scene lol. It makes sense, though. Given Futaba's personal issues and the stuff with Nodoka, I don't see her being happy about it, at least. I don't know if it'd be at Bluejay levels, but I definitely don't think she'd be fine with it or brush it off easily at this point in time. Futaba's mental state isn't exactly a W at this point. I'm hoping this isn't where next update is headed, though. There's been enough people walking in on other character's sex scenes for me, personally.

Oct 1, 2023
Akira is an interesting case because he's only cheating on Chika (New Maya could be included too, we'll soon discover) if we go by this logic, since he's no one else's boyfriend/didn't sign the exclusivity clause with anyone. Even Niki calls him out for "cheating" on her when he mentions Yumi, but she's the same Niki that asks him not to have sex with Noriko (she doesn't say "just have sex with me"), and that beneath the mask she understands that asking him to be faithful to her at this point in time is simply ludicrous (and that's probably what motivates her to invite Wakana and Imani to a threesome in the first place - to show Akira that she'd be okay with him having sex with other consenting adults as long as it goes through her and she's part of it).
Saying that Akira doesn't cheat on anyone except Chika is just mental gymnastics and you know it. Chika, Ayane, Makoto, Futaba, Niki... They were all (some still are) cheated on behind their backs until they chose to forgive him, but they still don't like him plapping girls behind their backs
There's no way a real person that had relationships like that in real life and got caught would get away with it without severe consequences

ON THE TOPIC OF CHEATING, WE SHOULD CHEAT ON TOUKA WITH TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes