Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
For those interested in something undertheorized (imo) to theorize about, then there's always Fruit-Bike-Man:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This recently showed up behind Imani and Sensei in Wakana's Chapter 4 'Enough is Not Enough' Event:
Is that just a reference to Denpa Shōnen teki Kenshō Seikatsu. Which is basically the game show thing the last reset was based on. Not really sure what it showing up again would be implying though.

Edit:
Actually I think the guys "prize" after he finished the challenge was that he was taken blindfolded to a different apartment and asked to repeat the challenge. Or something like that.

Maybe it has something to do with that. Also we heard the door unlocking sound again in the background of one of the events in the current update (One of the Yasu ones). Maybe it's connected to the "let me out stuff" and or Pareidolia. Or maybe it's just something to do with Akira still recovering and us still not having access to all the locations/invite over stuff yet.

Last edited:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
You guessed it, it's time Moonflare ranted on why Himawari's name is Ami again. This will be kinda short (I tried guys) since it's just a new piece of information to add to the rest (there is a second one at the end though).

Okay so, basically, Himawari tells Akira to name her after his favorite flower. The obvious take from this is to guess that she's telling him to call her by the nickname "sunflower". Well, what she could actually be telling him is to call her Ami, since red hair Ami is his original sunflower, here's the evidence:

First Himawari tells him to call her after his favorite flower.
Then we have confirmation she is his little sunflower.
Well, Ami is also his sunflower.
Sunflower dress from Sekai.
Now that we have established that both function as sunflowers, let's see them intersect. First of all, what is it the Akira has in his pocket? Well, it's a picture of Ami.
And do you know what else Akira has in his pocket? After their encounter at the church of New HOPE, in which there is the quiz, Himawari is the narrator outside of it. This bit establishes that it's her:

Let's sum up, Himawari is a sunflower. Ami is also a sunflower. Akira carries a photo of Ami in his pocket. Himawari puts a photo of a sunflower in his pocket. When Akira asks what name he should give her, she says "name me after your favorite flower" - Ami is his favorite flower. Himawari wasn't telling him the secret of her nickname, she was telling him in a roundabout way what her actual name is. Again, alone, that might be stretching it but it's another thing on a huge pile of evidence.

And the other reason I though to bring this up is that there is a dark undertone to Himawari being called Ami, and that is the possibility that Ami Arakawa dies at some point. It would be strange for Akira to have two daughters with the same name, or for them both to serve as his emotional support. Not impossible, but weird. If first Ami died though, it would make even more sense for them to honor her memory by giving their baby daughter her name. It would also explain Ami's obsession with asking people if they love Akira enough to die for him (cause she probably did).

Oh, and this is a minor thing, but I'm also adding it to the pile. Himawari is rambling on about stuff, and Ayane calls "Ami", to which she answers by shutting her mouth since her mother is calling her (and her big sister).

My initial post on the topic:
I think this is entirely possible or even likely, or that one of the other names for her is very possible as well. One or more thing could be a red herring, which might be unlikely but possible, but ultimately I think we're not gonna have confirmation until we're supposed to.

The thing that I've been thinking about a lot and annoys me more about her is why/how the fuck she's here, and not dead/never-happened. I've seen some talk about it, but as far as I can tell there's not a whole lot of concrete, and I may have missed some of the discussions when looking through older posts. (I am now coopting your post with my reply, because I don't know how to start this rant on its own. Feel free to disregard.)

We have a good idea of what she is and what she's doing (and why,) but why she is what she is irks me. Her being the possible older version of Akiyane's daughter doesn't answer its own follow-up question of "I'm sorry, what?" If she really "survived" somehow and isn't a "bug" like has been talked about here, then there has to be a good reason, and that reason has to be either the cause of or related to her strange abilities, placement and existence. And I feel like the implications, depending on which explanation you go with, could be pretty big. (I also don't like the explanation stopping at her being a 'possibility' because we leave out the mechanism entirely.) Also, as far as I can tell, her exact origins and what she is is unlike anything/anyone else as well. (Unless it's somehow close to how the clockwork children exist at all)

I'll write down my own thoughts and what I've gathered for my own sanity, and so that hopefully someone else can spoon-feed the answers and logical next steps to me without me actually having to do the hard work and thinking once again. Explaining why she's nearly an adult without time-travel is harder, but I'll try.

This of course leads us to what happened after she Matrix dodged the fuck out of the universe being reset and literally deleting her fucking existence
And that leads us to current Himawari, which I probably don't have to and shouldn't take the reigns on. A lot more could be added to the previous points or regarding current Himawari, but I can't justify making this post any longer without more direction and evidence. All I'll say is that if someone did have to interfere for her to survive, that could potentially explain a lot about her actions, how she knows what she knows, etc., even though that's not really necessary at all. And, hopefully, (despite some nagging suspicions,) Himawari isn't another 'lamb'.

Aug 20, 2021
For those interested in something undertheorized (imo) to theorize about, then there's always Fruit-Bike-Man:

This recently showed up behind Imani and Sensei in Wakana's Chapter 4 'Enough is Not Enough' Event:
This is a reference to something that happened in real life on a Japanese game show (“Susunu! Denpa Shōnen”), where a man named Tomoaki Hamatsu (aka Nasubi) was forced to live off entirely sweepstakes he would have to fill out and nothing else while living in a cramped and dingy apartment space.

This went on from January 1998 to March 2002, and the story itself is both anger-inducing and heartbreaking.

I don’t have to mention that this entire situation is what inspired “A Life Of Prizes”, because that much should be obvious.

To anyone interested in Nasubi’s story who wants more details, Cr1TiKaL made a pretty good video going into it:

Aug 20, 2021
Aww hell yeah! New previews!

Edit: Futaba has 1 Event in 0.42 coming up. Maybe she’ll wind up catching Akira and Nodoka while they’re fucking? As far as I remember, Futaba doesn’t even know they’re involved yet, so just a guess.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Wasn't the main Texas senator on a tropical island during that winter storm disaster? Not a fan of that guy.
Flyin' Senator Rafael "Ted" Cruz fled Texas for Cancun during the winter storm, yes.

I lived in Austin for half a year many, many years ago for work. I have fond memories of that time but again, it was a very long time ago.
Austin barely feels like Texas, but it also barely feels like Austin anymore.

I live in Arizona and we have had Whataburgers here for as long as I can remember. Though until recently they were sparse. I used to like their burgers very much and would go out of my way to get them. The last couple years, as with everything, the quality has dropped and I don't care for it at all anymore.
The owners sold it to a private equity firm a few years ago, and the cost-cutting measures they put in place have dragged it to hell. The pre-sale burgers were great. Now they're just the thing you put in your belly after last call to help mitigate the bad part of a night out.

Reactions: Yarazin
Jan 1, 2024
Edit: Futaba has 1 Event in 0.42 coming up. Maybe she’ll wind up catching Akira and Nodoka while they’re fucking? As far as I remember, Futaba doesn’t even know they’re involved yet, so just a guess.
Futaba knows Sensei is fucking others but so far I think it might only be Makoto she knows of? Not sure if I remember right but what I AM SURE of is that the only people that know of Nodoka is Rin and Otoha, so my memory supports your memory that Futaba doesn't know about Nodoka.

Anyways I'd think Futaba wouldn't be that much surprised that he's fucking Nodoka, although I don't really see what reason she would have to be pissed off or anything, maybe a "Are you serious?!" and that's it. Maybe one of the Theorists can help out with what'll happen if Futaba catches Sensei X Nodoka.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Futaba knows Sensei is fucking others but so far I think it might only be Makoto she knows of? Not sure if I remember right but what I AM SURE of is that the only people that know of Nodoka is Rin and Otoha, so my memory supports your memory that Futaba doesn't know about Nodoka.

Anyways I'd think Futaba wouldn't be that much surprised that he's fucking Nodoka, although I don't really see what reason she would have to be pissed off or anything, maybe a "Are you serious?!" and that's it. Maybe one of the Theorists can help out with what'll happen if Futaba catches Sensei X Nodoka.
Futaba is still disappointed in Nodoka for what she did with her books and how she treats people, and isn't patching things up with her in hopes that she learns a lesson (or starts acting better despite knowing what she does is wrong already.) If she catches Akira fucking her, she might be pretty pissed. At the very least hurt, because while she does know of some others, she doesn't know much, and it would still make her uncomfortable and likely sad, especially in Nodoka's case.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes