barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think Selebus lives in Houtson specifically, and just about recently there's been a Cyclone that has caused mass floodings which resulted in literal hundreds of thousands of people, including Selly, out of power.
Yes, he lives in Houston.

To give everyone an idea of how laughably bad things are right now -- the primary power company for Houston's website is currently not being updated, so the only way to track whether or not neighborhoods near yours are getting their power restored is to go to the Whataburger (regional fast food chain based out of Texas) website and see which locations are open, because it's a 24 hour fast food chain the only reason they will close is due to a lack of power.

To add insult to injury, one of the repair crews accidentally cut a cable during the cleanup/reapir yesterday, causing all the major cities in Texas to lose internet for most of the day.

Meanwhile, the governor of the state is 'somewhere in asia' and the lietenant governor wasn't picking up the phone when the POTUS called offering assistance, so aid that would actually help the people of Houston -- including additional personnel to help restore power -- were delayed in the name of political pettiness. Note: A governor must request emergency aid before FEMA can send anything to a disaster zone.

So quite literally, the entire state shut down yesterday because a relatively small (category 1) hurricane hit one city. What a fucking joke.

Oct 1, 2023
Yes, he lives in Houston.

To give everyone an idea of how laughably bad things are right now -- the primary power company for Houston's website is currently not being updated, so the only way to track whether or not neighborhoods near yours are getting their power restored is to go to the Whataburger (regional fast food chain based out of Texas) website and see which locations are open, because it's a 24 hour fast food chain the only reason they will close is due to a lack of power.

To add insult to injury, one of the repair crews accidentally cut a cable during the cleanup/reapir yesterday, causing all the major cities in Texas to lose internet for most of the day.

Meanwhile, the governor of the state is 'somewhere in asia' and the lietenant governor wasn't picking up the phone when the POTUS called offering assistance, so aid that would actually help the people of Houston -- including additional personnel to help restore power -- were delayed in the name of political pettiness. Note: A governor must request emergency aid before FEMA can send anything to a disaster zone.

So quite literally, the entire state shut down yesterday because a relatively small (category 1) hurricane hit one city. What a fucking joke.
24 hour fast food chain called "Whataburger"?

People thinking that Selebus takes inspiration from H.P Lovecraft and other horror genres meanwhile bro just went to eat a burger down the street and decided to put it in his game

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
24 hour fast food chain called "Whataburger"?

People thinking that Selebus takes inspiration from H.P Lovecraft and other horror genres meanwhile bro just went to eat a burger down the street and decided to put it in his game
Is there a Whataburger reference in the game that I've missed/forgotten?

Whataburger's one of those things Texans are insanely proud of, even though they're just greaseburgers with fresher-than-usual toppings. Their best selling point is that the grease really hits the spot when you're coming home from the bar.

Oct 1, 2023
Is there a Whataburger reference in the game that I've missed/forgotten?

Whataburger's one of those things Texans are insanely proud of, even though they're just greaseburgers with fresher-than-usual toppings. Their best selling point is that the grease really hits the spot when you're coming home from the bar.
I am talking about Kaori specifically and her love for burgers and usage of Anglo-burger dialect

Dc345

May 27, 2020
I am not American but I know a bit about the subject.

For those wondering, Texas has notoriously had a very weak power grid for a long time, combined with the fact that Natural disasters are very common, it causes massive amounts of power outages
View attachment 3818343

I think Selebus lives in Houtson specifically, and just about recently there's been a Cyclone that has caused mass floodings which resulted in literal hundreds of thousands of people, including Selly, out of power.

Unfortunately for the players, USERS don't have the power to create the world, so if this keeps going on for longer (which very possibly could since Texas is notoriously bad at restoring power) there could be delays up to weeks
I just so happen to be an American and a former Texas native and everything that was said is true. Texas is geographical marvel there can be heavy snow storms one winter and then it can get so hot the floors start sweating a couple of months later. 4/10 place to visit wouldn't recommend.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I just so happen to be an American and a former Texas native and everything that was said is true. Texas is geographical marvel there can be heavy snow storms one winter and then it can get so hot the floors start sweating a couple of months later. 4/10 place to visit wouldn't recommend.
Once you get south of Dallas, snow happens about once every 6 years, and most of the time it melts on impact. that's what made the 2021 storm so devastating -- most of the state had never SEEN any kind of snow accumulation for more than a couple of hours, and it remained for two full weeks. It was bizarre.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Once you get south of Dallas, snow happens about once every 6 years, and most of the time it melts on impact. that's what made the 2021 storm so devastating -- most of the state had never SEEN any kind of snow accumulation for more than a couple of hours, and it remained for two full weeks. It was bizarre.
And then there was a tornado in North Texas not to long ago. If it's not random snow storms it blistering heat, floods and hurricanes. You get a little a bit of everything there.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Not from Texas. Have travelled through it many times, and... Yeah.

Mind, I'm from Northern California. We get wonderful weather most of the time, but when we don't? :(

I've been thinking about Sel's output (and internal consistency) a lot recently. It is really, really hard to write and release a story serially and have it make any sense. I... write a bit IRL. Over the past few years, I've put out a series of books that's up to about 200,000 words -- and it's a bear to keep characters, plotlines, settings, etc. straight. And mind, my story is fairly linear and real-world: just a couple of flashbacks and the occasional dream sequence to get things weird. And I've still found things (or my readers have) that didn't make sense from one book to another.

That LiL is coming up on ten times the size, that it's nonlinear -- both in the sense that it's a game and that it's got time loops, flashbacks, extra-dimensional weirdness and more -- and that it's coming out monthly, and yet still holds together well enough for us to be debating tropes and themes is impressive. FWIW.

Though if he doesn't make up for the awful he's put Io through in the past few releases, I may be gone. Harrumph.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Not from Texas. Have travelled through it many times, and... Yeah.

Mind, I'm from Northern California. We get wonderful weather most of the time, but when we don't? :(

I've been thinking about Sel's output (and internal consistency) a lot recently. It is really, really hard to write and release a story serially and have it make any sense. I... write a bit IRL. Over the past few years, I've put out a series of books that's up to about 200,000 words -- and it's a bear to keep characters, plotlines, settings, etc. straight. And mind, my story is fairly linear and real-world: just a couple of flashbacks and the occasional dream sequence to get things weird. And I've still found things (or my readers have) that didn't make sense from one book to another.

That LiL is coming up on ten times the size, that it's nonlinear -- both in the sense that it's a game and that it's got time loops, flashbacks, extra-dimensional weirdness and more -- and that it's coming out monthly, and yet still holds together well enough for us to be debating tropes and themes is impressive. FWIW.

Though if he doesn't make up for the awful he's put Io through in the past few releases, I may be gone. Harrumph.
The main reason George R R Martin has yet to publish Winds of Winter is because he realized that something happened in an earlier book that shouldn't have, and now he can't take the story in the direction he wants to take it in the way he planned because of it. He wrote himself into a corner, and is stuck on how to get out of it. We've been waiting 10 years for him to escape that corner.

The longer a story goes on, the more likely that is to happen. Granted, Sel's playing a lot more "fast and loose" with his story than Martin is, as he's only really planed the broadest strokes ahead and the rest he let's fall as he goes, and he has an out Martin doesn't since the whole "POV character with an unreliable memory and prone to hallucinations" makes retconning incredibly easy, but it's still an eventual liklihood.

I've considered going into game dev a few times. I absolutely would not do it until I had the entire story set to paper and ready to go just to prevent this scenario from happening.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
The main reason George R R Martin has yet to publish Winds of Winter is because he realized that something happened in an earlier book that shouldn't have, and now he can't take the story in the direction he wants to take it in the way he planned because of it. He wrote himself into a corner, and is stuck on how to get out of it. We've been waiting 10 years for him to escape that corner.

The longer a story goes on, the more likely that is to happen. Granted, Sel's playing a lot more "fast and loose" with his story than Martin is, as he's only really planed the broadest strokes ahead and the rest he let's fall as he goes, and he has an out Martin doesn't since the whole "POV character with an unreliable memory and prone to hallucinations" makes retconning incredibly easy, but it's still an eventual liklihood.

I've considered going into game dev a few times. I absolutely would not do it until I had the entire story set to paper and ready to go just to prevent this scenario from happening.
Sure -- but it's hard to develop the whole story before getting any feedback. Whether it's a a series of games or novels, the years it would take to draft the entire project get lonely and expensive. And even if you do finish the whole thing, I promise you, you'll miss stuff.

And yeah: unreliable narrator is a great out. Also, very much the point of the story, here. :)

Reactions: LessonsInDissonance

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Did anyone post the triggers for the 0.41 events? Can someone please link them or something? Thanks
Most of them just play out in sequence -- they get triggered on particular days. To trigger the Futaba scenes, you need to visit her in the dorms and just hang out. (I think the Wakana/Imani scenes may require that you've done those Futaba scenes first.)

Oh, and if you're getting shampoo-blocked... Use URM or a save editor to change the escapeshampoo (?) variable to false.

Aug 20, 2021
Did anyone post the triggers for the 0.41 events? Can someone please link them or something? Thanks
Triggers:

Yasu: 1 is automatic (sunday), 2 is automatic (saturday), 3 is linked to the second.
Io: 1 is at the bathhouse (triggered on a monday for me), 2 is linked, 3 is missable depending on your choice.
Futaba: 1 is dormroom (triggered on a tuesday for me), 2 is linked.
Uta: 1 is automatic (triggered on a saturday after all of the above had been seen), 2 is automatic (wednesday).
Wakana: 1 is automatic (triggered on a saturday after noriko 2?). 2 is linked.
Imani: 1 is linked after Wakana 2. 2 is linked.
Noriko: 1 is convenience store (triggered on a friday for me), 2 is automatic on a sunday (after kirin?).
Kirin: Automatic (triggered on saturday after noriko 1 ?).
Rin: Linked after Haruka.
Haruka: Koi Cafe (triggered on a saturday).
Maki: Sex shop (triggered on a saturday for me).

Animations are for Futaba (cowgirl) and Molly (blowjob) - both are repeatable lust events on the dorms.

Will keep posting the triggers for the ones we find (done).

Edit: hexadecimal from yasu's second event
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hexadecimal for noriko second event:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes