Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Fuck.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mean, we've survived 60 days, 33 is still better. Still sucks though. What I'm thinking is about the disaster that it must be to go 3 days without energy, all frozen food must have/is going bad by now.

Aug 20, 2021
I mean, we've survived 60 days, 33 is still better. Still sucks though. What I'm thinking is about the disaster that it must be to go 3 days without energy, all frozen food must have/is going bad by now.
Oh absolutely. Getting your real life affairs in order will always take priority over working on a game, especially given the circumstances. Frozen food doesn’t take long to spoil at all in power outages due to storms.

I dealt with something very similar just last month when a tornado took out some power lines. Not fun at all.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
man kinda sad to hear he still doesn't take days off despite having achieved a pretty solid income. in the long-term that'll probably hurt him

i guess the 60k words/mo requires a degree of sacrifice - presumaby he does like 3k/day for a few weeks and then the rest of the time is spent editing/coding/rendering

I wonder how many hours he works per week? I've always found it surprisingly easy to do 10/h day with no breaks when I'm working on something I care about (personal projects, not work projects)

Reactions: capatana

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
man kinda sad to hear he still doesn't take days off despite having achieved a pretty solid income. in the long-term that'll probably hurt him

i guess the 60k words/mo requires a degree of sacrifice - presumaby he does like 3k/day for a few weeks and then the rest of the time is spent editing/coding/rendering

I wonder how many hours he works per week? I've always found it surprisingly easy to do 10/h day with no breaks when I'm working on something I care about (personal projects, not work projects)
I would imagine the rendering and scene setup is done on an ongoing basis, either for storyboarding or to work on specific dialogue and details as events are finished. Seems a bit much to write everything in a huge block and then have to go back to add it all in. I suppose it all comes down to how you prefer to work, though. I don't actually know if he's spoken on it.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Just what the hell is going on with infrastructure in Murica? I absolutely can't imagine something like that happening in my place.
People don't want to spend money to improve things. This is especially an issue in Texas, where the state went out of its way about 100 years ago to make sure its power grid wasn't shared with other states.

So we keep things the way they are until they fail, and then we do the bare minimum to get them working again. Houston, sitting so close to the gulf coast, gets the worst of it because windstorms absolutely wreck the above ground power lines we insist on using (because burying them would be more expensive to maintain). IIRC, this is Houston's second mass power outage caused by wind damage this year.

Unlike the snow disaster of 2021, this wasn't a failure of the generation capacity. They just don't have enough line crews to repair all the downed lines quickly enough.

Oct 1, 2023
I am not American but I know a bit about the subject.

For those wondering, Texas has notoriously had a very weak power grid for a long time, combined with the fact that Natural disasters are very common, it causes massive amounts of power outages
1720628241115.png

I think Selebus lives in Houtson specifically, and just about recently there's been a Cyclone that has caused mass floodings which resulted in literal hundreds of thousands of people, including Selly, out of power.

Unfortunately for the players, USERS don't have the power to create the world, so if this keeps going on for longer (which very possibly could since Texas is notoriously bad at restoring power) there could be delays up to weeks

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I am not American but I know a bit about the subject.

For those wondering, Texas has notoriously had a very weak power grid for a long time, combined with the fact that Natural disasters are very common, it causes massive amounts of power outages
View attachment 3818343

I think Selebus lives in Houtson specifically, and just about recently there's been a Cyclone that has caused mass floodings which resulted in literal hundreds of thousands of people, including Selly, out of power.

Unfortunately for the players, USERS don't have the power to create the world, so if this keeps going on for longer (which very possibly could since Texas is notoriously bad at restoring power) there could be delays up to weeks
What a wonder that you know so much about wires.
1720628893303.png

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes