PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
what if this narrator IS NOT telling things from Nozomu/Sekai's perspective??
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
could this be about the people that crashed into Sekai/Nozomu looking at the carnage they caused, and then asking "why did it have to be him? (him being either Akira or Nozomu)

Who the hell crashed into them? Cause I was always working from the perspective of them hitting someone, likely to be Kaori's family since that's what makes more sense in how she got Sekai's organs. But if it was someone else... who the hell crashed into the Arakawa family and deeply regretted it in despair upon seeing either Nozomu or Akira in the car crash??

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
If it was Akira, then it'd make perfect sense for him to say "why did it have to be her?". Since Akira wishes he'd died in Sekai's place (and would have at the very least displeasure towards Nozomu, if not outright hatred). The most agreed upon interpretation of this scene is that it's Nozomu asking Sekai: "Oh, Sekai (World), in our final moments (both of them are dying), please answer me this: Why? Why did you sexually abuse and cheat on me/had a child with Akira?".
Another possibility is that everyone was in the car since:
The issue with that, of course, is that Ami seems a lot less scared of cars than Akira. But that could be simply because she was a kid and maybe has hazier memories of the whole situation compared to him. I don't know how Akira "jumped" or how Niki even knew about it, maybe he jumped over the debris to get Sekai's body out? I have no clue, "jump" referring to this when he probably jumped to his death at a later date seems weird.

Last edited:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
If it was Akira, then it'd make perfect sense for him to say "why did it have to be her?". Since Akira wishes he'd died in Sekai's place (and would have at the very least displeasure towards Nozomu, if not outright hatred). The most agreed upon interpretation of this scene is that it's Nozomu asking Sekai: "Oh, Sekai (World), in our final moments (both of them are dying), please answer me this: Why? Why did you sexually abuse and cheat on me/had a child with Akira?".
Another possibility is that everyone was in the car since:
The issue with that, of course, is that Ami seems a lot less scared of cars than Akira. But that could be simply because she was a kid and maybe has hazier memories of the whole situation compared to him. I don't know how Akira "jumped" or how Niki even knew about it, maybe he jumped over the debris to get Sekai's body out? I have no clue, "jump" referring to this when he probably jumped to his death at a later date seems weird.
I could be missing something, and likely am, but for whatever reason in my head I picture Sekai and Nozomu coming home when they're hit, and Ami and Akira being at home seeing it. That's why Akira would be able to (uninjured) look down at Sekai and try to take metal off of her, and why neither were injured. It would also be awkward (although no less possible I suppose) for Akira to be in the car when Nozomu confronts Sekai, at least for it not coming up explicitly and being a thing before recently. I honestly have no idea what "you jumped" is supposed to mean, though. I'd agree that it means he jumped in fright or towards something, most likely, though. And I honestly don't think you can place Akira in the car and not Ami (or, you could, but don't need to.) Who's watching her? And if it's far-fetched for the crash to happen close to their home, where both would have seen it, Ami wouldn't have seen it either, only Akira who was in the car.

I have a slightly different take on the line "why did it have to be him" though. I still think it could easily be rhetorical or said in line with the poem that's clearly being referenced in differences scenes. I do think that it's most likely that Akira is using the phrase "O world" in most cases that come up, as a poetry reference, like I said. But I do think there's evidence that it's Nozomu saying this, and that this could be hinted at in, or he could be a narrator in the other scenes with these lines, speaking more-so as "himself" than potentially a user. I already had some loose/basic thoughts on it written down, so I'll paste them mostly unchanged.

At a basic level, besides Yasu's use, every mention of the term "O world" seems to be (possibly/most likely) from Akira, in a continuation of his inner-monologue or narration. Taken all together, we can assume that it is still Akira whenever the narrator uses the phrase "O world," or references whatever poem contains the phrase. It fits his speech, and flows within the dialogue enough be him, and with that many scenes it tracks that this is a phrase/reference he uses and is mostly unique to him. He even says "I speak to myself — O world-" in the event, O World, confirming that he uses this phrase/reference.

The other possibility is that it's not Akira using/referencing this phrase, but someone else — or, Akira and someone else that would both know of the poem, Akira's use of it, would be similar to Akira, etc. Someone who's potentially jumping in-between his monologues. This is the tinfoil hat theory.
Yasu also uses the phrase "O world." O World is also the name of the event in which Akira and Ami go to Nozomu and Sekai's grave. So who is associated with the user Yasu follows? And who would also refer to Akira with "Why did it have to be him?" Who perhaps feels guilty about what's happened to him in the past, and what he's going through? Or be angry at him? Who would know about Akira's reading/poetry, or perhaps even be similar enough to him to share those qualities/hobbies or use the same idioms/references?
Nozomu.

Last edited:

Silenterra

Formerly 'SilenSwaglord'
Apr 7, 2021
Hello, I don't want to interfere too much with the theory crafting going on, but I just want to point out that when Niki says "You jumped." she's just pointing out that Akira physically reacts to seeing the street where the accident happened. She's just wondering if seeing the street got him to remember something, not that he literally jumped back when it happened.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Hello, I don't want to interfere too much with the theory crafting going on, but I just want to point out that when Niki says "You jumped." she's just pointing out that Akira physically reacts to seeing the street where the accident happened. She's just wondering if seeing the street got him to remember something, not that he literally jumped back when it happened.
That's entirely possible. I hadn't reread the scene in game but I checked just now. It's not really clear, but I don't think it really affects the actual events either way, so I'm gonna keep it in that part of my brain that goes "eh."
1722248958650.png

Reactions: Silenterra
Dec 18, 2020
Look, Selebus has created another fake account just to tell us "You're wrong".

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
I don't know how Akira "jumped" or how Niki even knew about it, maybe he jumped over the debris to get Sekai's body out? I have no clue, "jump" referring to this when he probably jumped to his death at a later date seems weird.
I would have thought he jumped in front of a speeding car in a suicide attempt, but that seems overly dramatic

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yeah, I pointed this out last year actually:
Spirit Sekai is just watching/involved in both scenes.

Also Niki is referring to how Sensei's body jumped, like he got surprised by remembering something.
Not sure why I felt compelled not to do so again. Human minds are weird.

Anyway, good catch.

Silenterra

Formerly 'SilenSwaglord'
Apr 7, 2021
To actually add something to the conversation, specifically about this part from Moonflare's earlier post:
Who the hell crashed into them? Cause I was always working from the perspective of them hitting someone, likely to be Kaori's family since that's what makes more sense in how she got Sekai's organs. But if it was someone else... who the hell crashed into the Arakawa family and deeply regretted it in despair upon seeing either Nozomu or Akira in the car crash??
In an event I can't remember, Yuki talks about the accident that hospitalized Kaori. I think she says that her "family died in the same accident" or something along those lines. It's really vague wording but I guess it is possible Kaori and her family were in the other car?

On a related note, does Yuki ever say anything about her siblings? She's mention her parents before but nothing else I think. I'm just wondering if Kaori is a niece from her side of the family or from Yumi's dad.

Bro made his account in Apr 2021, and his first post was to call MF and I dumb. I won't let that achievement be diminished. My boy's no Houston cuck.
Well, gotta make my first post somewhere and might as well do it in a thread I've been lurking in for months. Could've maybe done it in a way that wasn't "well ackshully" during a discussion, I'll admit.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Bet you 50 bucks this game's gonna last longer than Genshin Impact (Btw the game's an absolute hot garbage now imo)
Seeing how Sel had a thing on Hoyoverse cosplays in halloween I think he should consider giving Wuthering Waves a try. It has been a BLAST so far at least for me.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
To actually add something to the conversation, specifically about this part from Moonflare's earlier post:

In an event I can't remember, Yuki talks about the accident that hospitalized Kaori. I think she says that her "family died in the same accident" or something along those lines. It's really vague wording but I guess it is possible Kaori and her family were in the other car?

On a related note, does Yuki ever say anything about her siblings? She's mention her parents before but nothing else I think. I'm just wondering if Kaori is a niece from her side of the family or from Yumi's dad.

Well, gotta make my first post somewhere and might as well do it in a thread I've been lurking in for months. Could've maybe done it in a way that wasn't "well ackshully" during a discussion, I'll admit.
I have wondered about that as well, and I'd say it's more likely that Kaori's family was related to Yuki. That's because the hospital tells Kaori everyone is dead, and even though the Yakuza is the Yakuza, I very much doubt they'd leave family behind.

It'd make more sense that the hospital tried to contact a next of kin and if the next of kin was Yuki, she was missing from her junkie days, thus "there was no one else" = everyone is dead.

Tragically, that would also mean Yuki has abandoned two potential daughters instead of one (she'd have become Kaori's legal guardian as well if she was around at the time).

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
"O world" is a common poetic device, usually addressing an absent party that isn't the reader. Usually, it's God, or the gods, or some higher power. In this case, I think Sel is doing a play on the translation of Sekai (Sekai = World), and this can be interpreted as "Oh, Sekai, in our final moment together, please tell me why. Why did it have to be Nozomu?"

Now whether this is meant to mean "why did you marry him" or "why are you dying alongside him and not me" is debatable. I suspect it's the latter, that his anguish over living without Sekai in his life is so great he would have rather died in the crash in lieu of his brother.

As O World is a poetic device, the other candidates for narrators invoking it would be Sekai (a poet) or Ami (a developing poet learning through study of her mother's work), as well as Akira himself. Yasu using it to invoke her gods/the gods also makes a lot of sense.

But in this specific instance, Akira is speaking to Sekai herself through this poetic device.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
Now whether this is meant to mean "why did you marry him" or "why are you dying alongside him and not me" is debatable. I suspect it's the latter, that his anguish over living without Sekai in his life is so great he would have rather died in the crash in lieu of his brother.
Ya I always interpreted that line as "I wish *I* had died with you instead of him"

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
You know, something about Sekai i've never really understood is how she stuck with Akira as he grew up, from everything we know about her and her writing, she saw in him an opportunity to finally satisfy her pedophilic appetite... but she was still with him into adulthood... you'd think things would've gradually faded as he moved out of her interest range, the fact we know she first started lusting for him when he was less than 9 months old should suggest her interests were fully in the prepubescent zone so why didn't she groom a new victim? It's not like her appetite would go away even if she could still find satisfaction in adult Akira, she'd still lust for young boys... i feel like i could throw several arguments or hypothetical explanations in to plug the gaps but it's all just conjecture and again, regardless of what argument i use, she's still a pedo, she should still have pedo lusts that would be going unquenched and after having had years of that hunger being fed... could she really go on without looking for another?

In that regard i feel Sekai is underdeveloped as a character, she works in the story only as a mechanism to explain Akira and his pedophilic grooming behaviour, as a consequence she comes across as more of an Akira-sexual than a common pedo.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes