Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
What is 'yg48z9d11frtd2'?

What does it translate to, if anything?
It's not hex, or anything that simple. I tried a bunch of keys through the vigenere cipher (which was used for HOPE speaking through Yasu), but got nothing. It's probably just his own way of naming things without spoiling stuff.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
I'm nearing the end of my second playthrough and with catching up before the update comes out, but while playing through Nao-chan's "Flora" event again, I noticed something a bit odd:

As far as I can tell, nothing. I did all the basic shit on it. That involves mostly automation, so it may have missed stuff. Didn't do anything non-basic, may have missed stuff. My guess is just random characters. It may have been a basic/default name generated for an asset that wasn't renamed or something, which I'm leaning towards cause I don't see it actually being anything unless I'm forgetting about something.

The fact that your file explorer labels it as a paint.net image because your default application is paint.net also confused my tired brain, so I got distracted and started tracing a self portrait in paint.net. Then I realized I didn't know why I was doing that and that there was no point so I came back here. My findings: I am very attractive, and paint.net is cringe. MS Paint will always be king.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I'm nearing the end of my second playthrough and with catching up before the update comes out, but while playing through Nao-chan's "Flora" event again, I noticed something a bit odd:

I don't know what others count as too deep.

I rather think a lot of people just don't even try to consider that some questions could be answered by non ingame information.
Information about the author, the tools they used, etc.
There are interesting things in the files.

Even if the file names themselves have no meaning, Sel choosing to do so does have a meaning, even if it's "I don't want to give away xyz".

I mean,

Dec 18, 2020

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
My first post was July 3 2024, therefore this post does not exist in my timeline, and my quip remains unique and hilarious
Yes yes your rhetoric is always a joy to read and your dick is huge.

Now flirting aside i wanna talk about Himawari.Specifically her contract.

We know that it forces her to do MANY things that she doesnt want to.Like hurting Akira and actively participating in the events surrounding him(Hence why she cant say her name for example but she COULD save ayane).Sure the identity of the god/s that she entered the contract WITH is important and all but i blieve there is a question that takes priority.

Why? Why would himawari enter a contract with a clearly abusive god/s(More so than Pareidolia)? I predict that everything concerning himawari will either be retconned and forgotten OR its the actual endgame of the game.A wild guess could be that himawari entered into this contract in order to get Akira(and everyone evolved) out of the circles and back to reality.

Anyways do share your theories.Not like we have anything better to do until the update hits tmr

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021

We know that it forces her to do MANY things that she doesnt want to.Like hurting Akira and actively participating in the events surrounding him(Hence why she cant say her name for example but she COULD save ayane).Sure the identity of the god/s that she entered the contract WITH is important and all but i blieve there is a question that takes priority.

Why? Why would himawari enter a contract with a clearly abusive god/s(More so than Pareidolia)? I predict that everything concerning himawari will either be retconned and forgotten OR its the actual endgame of the game.A wild guess could be that himawari entered into this contract in order to get Akira(and everyone evolved) out of the circles and back to reality.

Anyways do share your theories.Not like we have anything better to do until the update hits tmr
Pretty sure that Himawari is in cahoots with Pareidolia. Hima:"P. will have my throat for it...".
Doesn't meant it's exclusive. She could be working with the others still.

Another thing.
Maybe Himawari isn't afraid about her physical existence, as some people have pointed out.
She could be afraid that her father, Akira, will blend her out forever.
Her goal could be that Akira recognizes her as his daughter in the long run.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022

Pretty miniscule, actually
My overall view of Himawari has always been that she exists in some sort of state of limbo, however you want to define it or how it works. She likely entered a contract because she didn't really have a choice or another good option to meet her goals. She's clearly less "powerful" or capable of doing much compared to/against the users and the fucked up Mayas, or just changing much in general. She may not even have the ability to move around, shapeshift, or exist within kumon-mi or the world without her contract and what she gains out of it. Assuming what we assume about her is true, you could argue she shouldn't even just be dead, she herself should have been retconned, or stuck in a similar place to Maya Prime. She's a real comic book ass character. Something like user x/person says to Himawari "I'll let you live/do x if you do y" isn't far-fetched IMO. The thing is we don't really know, and I'm pretty sure it is end-game stuff, at least chapter cinco stuff. Our role as readers is to eat the slop selebussy puts in our troughs and go "Oooh what's it mean??"

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

In theory: To protect her existence and make the world better in her opinion:
The Shapeshifter's/Himawari's goal seems mostly to survive/exist.

Long Maya implied that she was scared of revealing the name of Ayane's lost baby as it'd affect her future:
And a Narrator, which may be her, more or less said "I'm helping cause I want to exist" in the 'World of Lines' Chapter 3 Main Event:

So, in theory, she's doing all that she can to ensure a possible future comes to past, so that she can safely exist. Whether or not she's from a future or is only allowed to exist if that future remains possible for her to play a part in, I'm not sure.

She also seems to value Sensei, and Ayane, possibly Sana, and shows up a few times only if you're fucking Ami and Sara, so they presumably play a part in things.

The Shapeshifter was also shown with Ami clones(?):
And apparently has coworkers, besides the Mayas, like Shiori, who may be Nodoka's evil twin:
Albeit, Shiori may also just be a Shapeshifter, who looked like Nodoka to Nodoka at one point or something. (Or it's just a coincidence which I somewhat doubt)

Overall: It's not clear, but I'm leaning towards Survival being her main motivation.

The happiness and safety of Sensei and Ayane, are probably motives as well, and making the world a better place is probably another, if this was her, which I think was implied:
Whether or not the Shapeshifter/Himawari can even exist outside of the cycle isn't clear, though. She seems to be a teen to a teen who's not technically been alive long enough to even have a teen daughter.

So, if she's somehow around after the resets are gone and everyone just continues their lives, it'd probably be a little weird.

It also doesn't seem like she's the only one in her position, and releasing these supernatural things into a world where people don't just reset...seems a little dangerous.

Overall: I don't think she's trying to break the cycle or end the resets. She doesn't even want Sensei to ask questions:
Sensei going off script also seems to worry her:
Albeit, it might just be because he could mess things up.

She does seem to be trying to change the world to suit her desires, though. For better or worse, as she seemed to help restore Sekai, then quickly regretted it, during Beachmas, assuming that the Narrator involved was her:
Yeah, I'm thinking the Shapeshifter was the Narrator talking about restoration before Sekai was apparently restored:

She seemed to quickly regret it though based off 'Neverender':
and seemed scared of Sekai towards the end of Beachmas:

The Shapeshifter also seemed to start slanting in 'Shelter':
Not entirely sure why. I am thinking the Shapeshifter has actually been the main Narrator that's not Sensei, since the beginning, now, though.

Btw, Sekai seemed to be the Narrator in 'Imaginary Veins':
The speaking from a female perspective, being called a pedophile by others, and the whole "dig me up, I miss you" stuff seems to imply it's Sekai here.

So, yeah, future Sekai stuff might be The Shapeshifter's fault. Albeit, I think HOPE may have played a part in this being possible:
HOPE may have brought Sekai back, but the Shapeshifter helped restore her. Maybe, idk. This shit is wild.

Can't wait to figure out if I'm right or I'm just fucking delusional. I'm fine with either I suppose. The Sekai-spiracy grows.
At the least, she seemed involved since she shows up during it:

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Pretty miniscule, actually
My overall view of Himawari has always been that she exists in some sort of state of limbo, however you want to define it or how it works. She likely entered a contract because she didn't really have a choice or another good option to meet her goals. She's clearly less "powerful" or capable of doing much compared to/against the users and the fucked up Mayas, or just changing much in general. She may not even have the ability to move around, shapeshift, or exist within kumon-mi or the world without her contract and what she gains out of it. Assuming what we assume about her is true, you could argue she shouldn't even just be dead, she herself should have been retconned, or stuck in a similar place to Maya Prime. She's a real comic book ass character. Something like user x/person says to Himawari "I'll let you live/do x if you do y" isn't far-fetched IMO. The thing is we don't really know, and I'm pretty sure it is end-game stuff, at least chapter cinco stuff. Our role as readers is to eat the slop selebussy puts in our troughs and go "Oooh what's it mean??"
One theory of mine is, that children made by Akira, Himawari and the Maya menagerie for example, got "harvested" out of Kumon'mi, and were reintroduced by forces above, as assistants in what ever is going on.
The compliant Maya menagerie and Himawari the outlier.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
One theory of mine is, that children made by Akira, Himawari and the Maya menagerie for example, got "harvested" out of Kumon'mi, and were reintroduced by forces above, as assistants in what ever is going on.
The compliant Maya menagerie and Himawari the outlier.
I agree that it's likely for Himawari to only exist as she is/at all due to someone else. I'm honestly behind on/unsure of the menagerie so I can't comment much.
Assuming she is the unborn, reset daughter of Ayane, the most supported theory/largest consensus from what I can tell, I only see three real branching paths from her being a baby during a reset;
That's probably the last ounce of Himawari speculation I got, it kind of sums up everything I've posted about her. I almost doubt we'll get any answers as to how she exists at all. I think what she does and what happens to her will be vastly more important, and for that we probably need to wait a decent while. I'd hate this bitch if she wasn't kind of cool.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Doublepost. 30 mins so whatever.

First: https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-v0-41-0-selebus.48158/post-10639122
My claim for Moyos offsprings name still stands.

I guess i might have to explain this a bit further, in relation to my last post.
There's space to believe that time might work different for people in Kumon'mi and those outside.

In respect to my theory, where kids/babys (*unborn) get "harvested" out of Kumon'mi and being reintroduced, it might be that we don't get to percieve time, that might have passed.
Indications for that are, where Akira loses grip on time, where it fast forwards for, i think now two times? two months?.
Maybe offscreen it happened for far longer.

With the Maya menagerie it could have happened years ago as far as we know.
Akira got pretty much raped into oblivion for countless cycles by Maya.
Her not getting pregnant during that period is close to a miracle.

To get to the point.
Maybe between Akira knocking up Ayane and Himawari growing up, Kumon'mi (all going into tpose) was in a state of hibernation/suspension for longer then we know.

While..., i have a fallback theory if this one doesn't fit.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes