AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Yes, it is. She trusted you, collective you, not to go after Chika before she could try. You did it anyway.
That's not how it works. Rin doesn't get a shot by default just because she waited for a long time, and so it's not a betrayal to not give her that shot. She might have expected it to happen, but it's an unreasonable expectation - if I expected Selebus to give me half of his Patreon earnings, it wouldn't be a betrayal for him to not give them to me.

Last edited:

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
That's not how it works. Rin doesn't get a shot by default just because she waited for a long time, and so it's not a betrayal to not give her that shot. She might have expected it to happen, but it's an unreasonable expectation - if I expected Selebus to give me half of his Patreon earning, it wouldn't be a betrayal for him to not give them to me.
Honestly, the only way I can qualify this as a "betrayal" in any way is Sensei not immediately telling Rin that you were already finger deep in her crush. "Oh... sorry, I already made a move on her. I didn't know you liked her" or something.
Of course, I can only justify this if you did Chika's events before you did Rin's.

But honestly, this is all just game play of words. Selebus released the fingering Chika event 2 updates before the beach event on purpose. Moreover, Sensei went straight to fingering her in the event without us knowing he would.

Some say "Oh, you pursued a relationship with her!" but I went in wanting to know her story more, not fingering her. I wasn't given a choice between befriend her and fingering her, just one to finger her or not coming any closer to her.

Reactions: anon670-1

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Some say "Oh, you pursued a relationship with her!" but I went in wanting to know her story more, not fingering her. I wasn't given a choice between befriend her and fingering her, just one to finger her or not coming any closer to her.
By Schadenfreude, it should already be exceedingly clear that with every new event, you are going deeper into a relationship with Chika and thus deeper into breaking the promise to Rin. "Oh, but I didn't know that would be the event Sensei starts fingering her instead of listening to her troubles" doesn't really come into it, it's just a convenient threshold - even if nothing sexual happened, you would still be breaking the promise. I honestly thought that threshold might have been the kiss before I checked it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's not how it works. Rin doesn't get a shot by default just because she waited for a long time, and so it's not a betrayal to not give her that shot. She might have expected it to happen, but it's an unreasonable expectation - if I expected Selebus to give me half of his Patreon earnings, it wouldn't be a betrayal for him to not give them to me.
It is a betrayal because she specifically asks you to hold off to give her a chance, twice, and player Sensei agrees in that scene, forming the promise that he breaks to become a bad homie if Schadenfreude is triggered before the beach event.

Honestly, the only way I can qualify this as a "betrayal" in any way is Sensei not immediately telling Rin that you were already finger deep in her crush. "Oh... sorry, I already made a move on her. I didn't know you liked her" or something.
Of course, I can only justify this if you did Chika's events before you did Rin's.

But honestly, this is all just game play of words. Selebus released the fingering Chika event 2 updates before the beach event on purpose. Moreover, Sensei went straight to fingering her in the event without us knowing he would.

Except you don't have to have already done things with Chika to betray Rin, there are at least two paths that lead to it, touching Chika before ever talking to Rin about her crush and talking to Rin about her crush before touching Chika. Doing things at any point when a promise is made is a betrayal. It is an even worse betrayal if he promises not to touch Chika after already having touched Chika because you are literally promising to let her have something you have already taken. Player Sensei is a rotten bastard who takes what he wants with zero hesitation, this has been well established by now. Literally the only thing stopping him is the fact that Schadenfreude is player triggered, meaning you have to go to its location after earning the necessary affection, so of course there is no option to stop him in the middle of the Schadenfreude event, we are not in control once an event begins, he is. This lack of control is a common theme throughout the game and is actually referenced through the fourth wall at least once, meaning direct shots taken at the player, not the character, for thinking control is in the player's hands. The only way to maintain control is to time going to the event locations with the requirements met when you are actually ready. In this case, that means after the beach event.

By Schadenfreude, it should already be exceedingly clear that with every new event, you are going deeper into a relationship with Chika and thus deeper into breaking the promise to Rin. "Oh, but I didn't know that would be the event Sensei starts fingering her instead of listening to her troubles" doesn't really come into it, it's just a convenient threshold - even if nothing sexual happened, you would still be breaking the promise. I honestly thought that threshold might have been the kiss before I checked it.
Precisely, this isn't one of those games where the girl comes onto the MC from the start, every single girl takes time to build up and that build up is obvious. Also, taking into account how readily available the two warnings from Rin are plus the fact she is in love with Chika, the lack of this information on any player's part should be a non issue. It is a player decision not to pursue Rin far enough to see the warnings and the warnings are in what is literally her seventh event, Cafe Mocha, with no sexual or romantic event between the start of the game and that point. They don't even need to pursue Rin romantically or sexually, if not wanting to do her path is the issue, because there is no romantic or sexual pursuit of Rin at this time. She literally has no romantic or sexual path, only two instances of boobs, one of which is just too creepy a situation for even the grand opportunist, player Sensei, himself to take advantage of and the other being a total accident.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
AgumenticR alex2011 there is absolutely a reason to continue doing Chika's events: getting stuck. Think about it. How many times have you gone around completing the girls' individual events because the main ones won't trigger?
I know player "control" is kind of a joke for the game, but hey, I gotta try and keep up.
For example, you need to see Chika's "A Castle for Everyone" to get "Scientific Research" which leads to "Stronger I Become" which is needed for "Girl Talk Pt. II"

ITS ALL CONNECTED
1609055059416.png

• Angry
Reactions: alex2011

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
AgumenticR alex2011 there is absolutely a reason to continue doing Chika's events: getting stuck. Think about it. How many times have you gone around completing the girls' individual events because the main ones won't trigger?
I know player "control" is kind of a joke for the game, but hey, I gotta try and keep up.
For example, you need to see Chika's "A Castle for Everyone" to get "Scientific Research" which leads to "Stronger I Become" which is needed for "Girl Talk Pt. II"

ITS ALL CONNECTED
View attachment 958588
And here I thought I was insane...

• Wow
Reactions: DrFree

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
It is a betrayal because she specifically asks you to hold off to give her a chance, twice, and player Sensei agrees in that scene, forming the promise that he breaks to become a bad homie if Schadenfreude is triggered before the beach event.
Yes, I agree. But before that event happens, and therefore before Rin specifically asks you/Sensei to hold off and give her a chance, it was not, even if Schadenfreude was triggered. Only after agreeing to give her a chance despite knowing that he already broke that agreement does the player/Sensei betray Rin.

Reactions: DrFree

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

ITS ALL CONNECTED
View attachment 958588
I never said anything about not doing Chika's events at all. They can be continued safely after the beach event, which I specifically stated. Also, another thing I have stated is that Schadenfreude is not an event that acts as a prerequisite for any other event except Chika's lust events, which is a betrayal of Rin's trust anyway until the beach event, when it is safe to do Schadenfreude. There is no time limit for how long you can wait to do Schadenfreude because the only way to lock Schadenfreude out would be if there was an option to not have sexual contact with Chika, which would lock Chika out of lewd events like the same option does for Sara. Again, Schadenfreude is safe to continue with after the beach event, you DO NOT need to skip it for the entire game.

Yes, I agree. But before that event happens, and therefore before Rin specifically asks you/Sensei to hold off and give her a chance, it was not, even if Schadenfreude was triggered. Only after agreeing to give her a chance despite knowing that he already broke that agreement does the player/Sensei betray Rin.
It is a betrayal to go after Chika before the beach event at all because going after Chika before the beach event, that's starting anything sexual with her, betrays the promise made. Triggering Schadenfreude before the beach event at all starts something sexual with her in the time period in which the promise is in effect. The promise is in effect regardless of Cafe Mocha being triggered, the only thing different if Cafe Mocha is triggered is that knowledge of Rin's crush and this promise is gained.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Day ** after the leak: I still...can't...bring myself...to play it...
1609065229130.png

The screenie is definitely not from my pc and it's 100% from my fwend's and I didn't download the leak from this site after it got released.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
I am talking here from the hypothetical perspective of someone that:
A: Doesn't use a guide.
B: Doesn't roll back and accepts the consequences of where they click.
This hypothetical person, in my opinion, isn't really guilty of betraying anyone.
I never said anything about not doing Chika's events at all. They can be continued safely after the beach event, which I specifically stated.
Yes, and I am mentioning this because we, and the hypothetical player I described, just don't know when this happens.
Also, another thing I have stated is that Schadenfreude is not an event that acts as a prerequisite for any other event
And we didn't know this. Again, imagine getting stuck with the main story, you go and randomly pursue the girls' events trying to get out of this lock.

This is all I am arguing about. Trying to do Chika's events, on its own, doesn't mean you were trying to be a bad homie.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
It is a betrayal to go after Chika before the beach event at all because going after Chika before the beach event, that's starting anything sexual with her, betrays the promise made. Triggering Schadenfreude before the beach event at all starts something sexual with her in the time period in which the promise is in effect. The promise is in effect regardless of Cafe Mocha being triggered, the only thing different if Cafe Mocha is triggered is that knowledge of Rin's crush and this promise is gained.
You can't betray a promise that is not in effect, and the promise is only in effect after it has been made. Since it's only made during Cafe Mocha, you can't betray that promise before that event.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I am talking here from the hypothetical perspective of someone that:
A: Doesn't use a guide.
B: Doesn't roll back and accepts the consequences of where they click.
This hypothetical person, in my opinion, isn't really guilty of betraying anyone.

Yes, and I am mentioning this because we, and the hypothetical player I described, just don't know when this happens.

And we didn't know this. Again, imagine getting stuck with the main story, you go and randomly pursue the girls' events trying to get out of this lock.

This is all I am arguing about. Trying to do Chika's events, on its own, doesn't mean you were trying to be a bad homie.
If this hypothetical person had read the thread, which everyone should before they even download just in case the game contains something they don't like, like how a bunch have commented negatively on the horror elements, they would be guaranteed to know when it happens. The interactions between the beach event and Schadenfreude is easily the most talked about topic in the entire thread.

Same as above on the first sentence. The information is easily accessible in multiple places both in and out of the game. There is a trigger list found in this thread BECAUSE people keep getting stuck on events that actually do have prerequisite events. Doing Chika's events in general does not make the player a bad homie, but doing the one event that has no ties to anything except locking out Rin's events, as well as the one event you were told by the girl herself and multiple times in this thread, which once again should have been the very first thing any user on here should do for any game in case of things they do not want to see, not to do until after the beach event is what makes the player a bad homie. If Schadenfreude is triggered during the promise's time frame, the promise is broken. Broken promise = bad homie.

You can't betray a promise that is not in effect, and the promise is only in effect after it has been made. Since it's only made during Cafe Mocha, you can't betray that promise before that event.
The promise is in effect until the beach event regardless, what the player can trigger is learning about it.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
The promise is in effect until the beach event regardless, what the player can trigger is learning about it.
No, it's not. Player's actions determine when the event happens, not when the player learns about it - as a proof, Sensei's reactions during Cafe Mocha changes depending on whether Chika has kissed him, whether they had sex or whether nothing happened, all depending on player's actions before the event. So, since the promise is not made until Cafe Mocha, it is possible to get Schaudenfreude without breaking it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
No, it's not. Player's actions determine when the event happens, not when the player learns about it - as a proof, Sensei's reactions during Cafe Mocha changes depending on whether Chika has kissed him, whether they had sex or whether nothing happened, all depending on player's actions before the event. So, since the promise is not made until Cafe Mocha, it is possible to get Schaudenfreude without breaking it.
The promise still remains in effect regardless of seeing Cafe Mocha since there is no dialogue otherwise when the promise is broken without seeing it.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
If this hypothetical person had read the thread, which everyone should before they even download just in case the game contains something they don't like
Not everyone wants to spoil themselves. I do it in a regular basis, but others go in blind, and don't rely on guides or walkthroughs.
And don't compare it to the horror parts of the game. There is a warning in the very game's start about disturbing stuff images and what not.
And if not, the horror tag is there for everyone to see. Hypothetical player-kun doesn't need to read the entire thread at all.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
The promise still remains in effect regardless of seeing Cafe Mocha since there is no dialogue otherwise when the promise is broken without seeing it.
The promise is in effect by the time of the beach event, because you have to clear Cafe Mocha by then. But it's not in effect before Cafe Mocha, for obvious reasons.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Ok, a sudden realization. The text about the girl with the green scarf: I am now thinking it could be Ami instead of Maya. Think about it, Ami ALSO got a green scarf, specifically to match Maya's.
And the text said the girl confessed -> cried of happiness when she was accepted -> felt loved "for the first time" after fingered.

Now, we have been talking about how Maya is just putting a stoic front to avoid getting attached.
But doesn't this description fit Ami more than it does Maya? Ami's need for love has been more than transparent through the game so far.
As a side note, I got some of the hexa in the 2nd reset:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh well.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes