Xantoser

Apr 28, 2020
I am impressed by writing quality, plot and speed of development (maybe later I will write review). After reading this topic, I assume the author already has a vision of the entire game. Is it known what percentage of project is already done and how many years will it take to finish?

Reactions: alex2011 and DrFree

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
No, it's not. Even assuming one understands that Rin is pining for Chika, going for the latter is not the betrayal of the former in itself. As long as you do not promise Rin anything - and you do not until you do her events - you are not breaking anything, since there isn't any promise to break. And since Rin didn't trust you with her feeling in the first place, you can't betray that trust by fingering Chika.

Of course, you do end up betraying that trust later, when you advance the plot and Rin does share her feelings, but before that, even though you/Sensei are already in a relationship with Chika, Rin was not betrayed.
Yes, it is. She trusted you, collective you, not to go after Chika before she could try. You did it anyway. That constitutes betrayal. The warnings were easily accessible as was the knowledge of her crush, the only way not to see them before betraying Rin is to purposely skip that event until it is too late. It is a player triggered scene, which means you, collective you, have to go to its location, the same with the event that constitutes a betrayal if you do it before the beach event, Schadenfreude. Both require player interaction to trigger, which means a conscious choice has to be made to proceed anyway. Conscious choice means betrayal. Also, as with most games, not seeing an event doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't happen.

Was wondering when someone would notice this :)

I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far. There is still so much to tell and I'm excited to have you along for the ride.
I figure not many have done the nice uncle run yet. I have an up to date save with all the bad-anything (homie, uncle, same-age-friend) decisions made.
Now onto making the most minimal game-changing decisions made possible walkthrough. Its clear that you can't proceed without some scumbagery, like Yumi's first game-changing event, but I bet I can continue the "main story" to a degree without seeing events like "still young" or "the need to hurt" etc.

Out of all of the possibilities though, the hardest decision is probably whether or not fucking Sara when Sana is in the other room. On one hand, she is possibly the best bet on a decent sexual relationship for Sensei. Single, same age, horny, comes with a cute prospect of a step-daughter.
The only problem is the whole "bang her drunk with her daughter whose smile you want to protect in the next room" starting point.
In fact, I think this is the first question I ever asked: Am I going to royally fuck up things with Sana for starting something with Sara?
The sole hint of something going on with Ayane made her cry ffs.
I didn't, but I haven't played a run without touching Ami, so yeah. As far as continuing without certain events, yes, as long as the events you skip aren't a trigger for a main event, a 'happy' scene event, a different event on the same character that acts as a trigger, or a different character's event and that girl's affection level isn't a trigger. Main events, obviously, can also not be skipped, only character events and 'happy' scene events to a slight degree.

I am impressed by writing quality, plot and speed of development (maybe later I will write review). After reading this topic, I assume the author already has a vision of the entire game. Is it known what percentage of project is already done and how many years will it take to finish?
Selebus has mentioned we may not even be 5% done as of 0.11.0 and it will likely take multiple years in that case, at least 3 if I had to guess.

Reactions: DrFree
Sep 16, 2018
We still have about 8 characters who haven't been introduced, not counting side characters. I'd guess at least 2 more years before the current route is done, and that's assuming no delays (which is almost impossible on a project of this scope with a single developer).

Honestly just enjoy the journey, you aren't going to see any resolutions for a while yet.

Reactions: anon670-1

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
We still have about 8 characters who haven't been introduced, not counting side characters. I'd guess at least 2 more years before the current route is done, and that's assuming no delays (which is almost impossible on a project of this scope with a single developer).

Honestly just enjoy the journey, you aren't going to see any resolutions for a while yet.
Not to mention this won't be a totally linear game and the route we are on now won't be the only one in the future. He's just focusing on it to A) Get the story fleshed out on this one route to maintain quality and B) to get the story fleshed out so that he knows how it will change in other routes. He has hinted at already having plans for some or even all of it, but it is good to get the initial route done to use as a base to work from.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Is there a way to delete all data and start from zero?
There is no persistent data in the game so just starting a new one through the main menu is the equivalent to starting from zero.
Let’s just say there is a veeeeeeery long way to go. I mentioned it way early on in the thread (After the first release) that there would be no way this game would be anywhere under 100 hours by the time it’s finished. People probably thought I was crazy at the time, but given that I’ve written like 3+ Harry Potter books worth of text in the last 9 months, I think people might finally be starting to believe me.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Let’s just say there is a veeeeeeery long way to go. I mentioned it way early on in the thread (After the first release) that there would be no way this game would be anywhere under 100 hours by the time it’s finished. People probably thought I was crazy at the time, but given that I’ve written like 3+ Harry Potter books worth of text in the last 9 months, I think people might finally be starting to believe me.
If you've got the story and the vision, keep it comin'!

Reactions: Ankoku and DrFree

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There is no persistent data in the game so just starting a new one through the main menu is the equivalent to starting from zero.

Some people might still think you're crazy for attempting a game that big alone. I just think it's a bold move to attempt such a feat, go for it and amaze us. There won't be a single jaw off the floor by the time this thing is done.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You keep saying this, but I would both dispute that this is true of "most games" and note that it is pretty clearly not true of this one.
I would dispute that, regardless of the state of events that go unseen, the players that fail to heed the warning, either by seeing and not listening to it or not seeing it at all, had the chance to see it and do as it says and did not take that chance. With the exception of events with automatic triggers, usually main and 'happy' scene events, the player is responsible for taking the action necessary to gather the needed information to make the correct decision for their intended play through, not the game.

Also, congrats to Selebus for breaking $6k.
Indeed, and may that number continue to rise for the foreseeable future and maybe beyond. It's kind of crazy to think we're already looking at the possibility that he'll manage literally everything he set out to do, both in the base plan and stuff he set aside as possible additions in stretch goals. I would love to see that happen.

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
I'm enjoying the game but man I am struggling with getting Main Quest line items to trigger. I'm almost at day 500 and I still cant get Rewrite to trigger
Ugh

Apr 2, 2020
ok im stuck and unless im deaf the number im getting isnt working.

nvm went back through the thread also realized i had a screen shot of the ip from before.

Last edited:

Smol Dragon

Jan 17, 2020
the game broke on me, I took a few days away from it and when I came back I got this something weird

[I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 3, in script
init -20 python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 4, in <module>
import discord_rpc
ImportError: No module named discord_rpc

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
init -20 python:
File "C:\Users\Logan\Downloads\LessonsInLove0.11.0-0.11.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Logan\Downloads\LessonsInLove0.11.0-0.11.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
import discord_rpc

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sat Dec 26 22:40:14 2020}

Ankoku

Apr 28, 2018
the game broke on me, I took a few days away from it and when I came back I got this something weird

[I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
init -20 python:
import discord_rpc

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
init -20 python:
File "C:\Users\[NAME]\Downloads\LessonsInLove0.11.0-0.11.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\[NAME]\Downloads\LessonsInLove0.11.0-0.11.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
import discord_rpc

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sat Dec 26 22:40:14 2020}
If it gives you the option to ignore that error, it should be fine. Just means discord won't recognize the game. Have you been messing with discord? Only way I can think of it having that problem is either messing with some weird option in discord, or you messing with your python interpreter (which I HIGHLY doubt).

Also, might wanna take your name out of the filepath of that errorlog like I did in my quote of your message.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes