SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
Just finished the final event, and I must say..
49 20 6c 6f 76 65 64 20 69 74 21 :D

The cryptic "Happiness Events" give a bit of insight what/how the world is/works, so even though it's still too early to draw any conclusions (I might be wrong), here I'm hoping (it's not a trap I swear :p) in the future as the story further develops, we will have the opportunity to prevent the backlash of all that happiness on the "administrator", so that "again she lives" happy as well ;)

Thank you so much for your hard work!

fugazi666

Aug 31, 2017
the game always freezes when i try to enter ami and maya's room in the dorm at night. any insight? affection of ami is currently 5, and of maya 4. screenie attached. a musicbox tune accompanies the weird-ass image.. great game btw, especially the writing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
the game always freezes when i try to enter ami and maya's room in the dorm at night.
Not frozen, just a lot of dots. Keep clicking and you'll get to the actual text. Glad you're liking the game so far! Sidenote: Is your username in reference to Fugazi the band? Cause if so, raaaaaad

Reactions: fugazi666

fugazi666

Aug 31, 2017
Not frozen, just a lot of dots. Keep clicking and you'll get to the actual text. Glad you're liking the game so far! Sidenote: Is your username in reference to Fugazi the band? Cause if so, raaaaaad
o yea, i thought i had tried everything. thanks! i'd say maya along with sana is the cutest of the bunch, amidst heavy competition. you bet i am! and i'm glad the game is widely appreciated as well.. i got that a lot throughout the years, but nope, i wasn't even aware of the band when i got this nickname. it's from the prog rock band marillion's album called fugazi. and since i'm legitly badass, it had to be fugazi666.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
My dreams came true today.

After nine years of fucking bashing my head against the wall trying to make a living out of doing creative work, the support you have given me for Lessons in Love is now enough for me to make this my full-time job.

You can find more information about future plans here:

Thank you all. So fucking much.

2500CELEBRATION.png

PeterXHunter

May 12, 2020
Is this a bug?

I visited Rin at morning and she said that the cafe closed so she could have a day off, but when i visited Yumi at noon, the cafe open normally.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I visited Rin at morning and she said that the cafe closed so she could have a day off, but when i visited Yumi at noon, the cafe open normally.
Good find! I'll see if there's anything I can do to prevent that from happening.
It's less of a bug and more of me just never really factoring in the possibility of the player unlocking both of those events on the same day. That'll only happen in extremely rare circumstances where you have specific progression with both Rin and Yumi and choose to hang out with them back to back.

deathstalker616

May 19, 2019
Good find! I'll see if there's anything I can do to prevent that from happening.
It's less of a bug and more of me just never really factoring in the possibility of the player unlocking both of those events on the same day. That'll only happen in extremely rare circumstances where you have specific progression with both Rin and Yumi and choose to hang out with them back to back.
Ironically managed to do exactly that in my playthrough as well. That is a big complication with a game like this, there are so many scenes lined up that you can easily get things that sound a bit inconsistent in context, but are fine as long as you understand that each scene is its own individual entity.

Also, hello there, haven't really spoken here before as I have been playing catch-up through the various released content. It hasn't been too long, since the beginning of July or so, but I have definitely enjoyed getting more acquainted with Nothing is Beautiful as well as this title. I am a bit of a VN fan, specifically with darker elements, and have enjoyed such things as Kara no Shoujo. I eventually hit a point where I realized a lot of Japanese VNs aren't translated, which in turn started distressing me since I felt like I was missing chapters from a larger story, which in turn made me start searching out English VNs. Since I preferred ones with adult elements, I thought this site would be good to find what I sought, but I ran across a lot of... mundane content that made me question if I made the right choice. Well, after looking under the horror tag and running across this title, it has definitely allured me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I hate Futaba. If there is someone I despise, it is her, and for that I can appreciate Yumi hating her even if Yumi also hates me.
This was probably my favorite paragraph in the entire F95 thread and I am truly grateful for that, lmao. Also glad to see another fan of Japanese VN's since that is where 99% of my VN knowledge comes from (I think I've played maybe like 3 or 4 Western VNs total). I highly recommend playing Subarashiki Hibi if you haven't already done so! It's very dark, so chances are you'll like it.

I also appreciate your thoughts on the rest of the non-Futaba characters! Your analysis of Maya was spot on and I'm surprised you were able to pick up so much. The HOPE route will release at the same time as the Josh route in Nothing is Beautiful, which I am also glad you played! I can not confirm nor deny if Ami will ever finger herself to the corpses of her friends, but it is a wonderful image that I will highly consider implementing whenever the last few ounces of sanity left in my body somehow find their way into the ether.

Sidenote to piggyback off of that: Now that I've hit the 2.5k stretch goal on Patreon, the post main game Dark Route has been confirmed! This route will be very fun for any player interested in destroying everything they love! And a chance to redeem themselves find salvation start again play more content for those who don't.

Thank you so much for playing my games and humoring my often incoherent and hyperactive ramblings about how Ggod is dead and nothing is real! Praise be!

deathstalker616

May 19, 2019
I highly recommend playing Subarashiki Hibi if you haven't already done so! It's very dark, so chances are you'll like it.
Definitely will check that one out. I have heard quite a few mentions of it through the thread, so I am definitely intrigued how good it is. Of course, that seems to be a rabbit hole, being the 4th game in a series (except VNDB actually lists 7 titles...). So I guess better to look for Tsui No Sora first (the Internet seems confused if it is a remake or sequel). Yeah, there are not a lot of Western VNs that seem to have that sort of... quality that generally is appealing. Japanese VNs tend to get the emotion better, even if the lack of translation is a barrier that I fight against.

I studied everything in the VN. Mainly because I have experienced it. After all, we may not see the same sights, but it all leads to the same places. Needless to say, it was easy to determine all that has been said, as well as that that hasn't been said. I then went insane and became an unreliable source of information. I for one am looking forward to the Josh route. As said, it is his time to shine. I wouldn't mind if he stole the spotlight for the rest of Lessons in Love as well. Just stop all other stories and make a 3 hour Josh route that can be expanded upon each month.

It is indeed glorious. Many beings would be happy to see Ami do such an action. And we, your audience, know that the most important thing to this game is achieving happiness. As a product, this game must now achieve what has been advertised or fall under false marketing. Therefore, it might even be illegal NOT to add such an action in the future.

I for one support all your ramblings about HOPE God and hope one day we can achieve joy by playing human VNs. sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Praise be!

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes