Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I suspect that about Yumi as well. Environments like the Yakuza teach the opposite, be as strong as you can be and push anyone you don't already trust, which should be basically not even your closest friends, away. She seems to have backed off a bit before the story began through the lack of pushing Chika away, so there is hope in that respect.
'Twas Kawaii (Chinami) that tamed the Beast.
Yes, this is a horror game, Denpa genre specifically. Selebus could pull anything on us at any time, which is why my guard is never down around this game. I am literally expecting something at any and every given moment I play because not only could he put anything anywhere, but I have a nasty habit of just stumbling right into things without even realizing I unlocked them. This has gotten me through a perfect run so far, but one of these days it's going to lead me right into a 'happy' scene or worse that I was not yet prepared to handle.
Is anyone ever prepared to handle a happy scene?
Looking at some of the examples of Denpa, I could just imagine that Sensei suffered a psychotic break and now only thinks he is a new person in his old body, only imagines that the world keep resetting.
I would say the opposite on that first part, I'm actually really into that, but that's something that is extremely hard to do right when using graphics that are almost completely prearranged. Selebus would be lucky he chose Koikatsu if he ever decided to go with a deflowering scene because Koikatsu can do it, but not every game with an attached graphics maker like Koikatsu's CharaStudio is capable of it. Then there's the issue of realism, which Selebus made part of the game to an extent in how he wrote the characters, so he might want to do it that way with the scene as well, but not all virgins show any visible sign, meaning there would have to be a dialogue cue that it happened like the girl mentioning it. It gets to be a real pain to set up once you take all that into account, so I would typically stay clear of scenes like that in a game like this from a developer standpoint.
Part of is definitely suspension of disbelief. Some women never had a hymen to begin with. In nearly all the others, the hymen naturally thins out as they mature such that very few post-pubescent women actually have any structure then to break and bleed--many have no pain with their first intercourse. Also the history of the idea of female virginity and the patriarchal baggage that goes with it.
You're right on the second, there is way more to this game than any one fetish type, sometimes causing a clash because people reefuse to play with a certain fetish, but not often and it is more likely to bring more people into the game than anything. Then there's the beautiful writing, which brings those that actually take the time to play the game for a while closer to the characters as if they were real people. We laugh, we cry, we get pissed off all because of the things that happen to them. I'll tell you now, I was about two seconds from punching player Sensei for that one Miku part because it made me so angry that he tried to pressure her into rushing things and I was extremely worried I would never see Rin again after "Delirium" because of the state she was in. Futaba has me similarly worried that she'll snap one of these days before she can get some backbone because Yumi is obviously pressuring her way too much no matter her intentions.
Yes, Delirium was very very hard to take, and since I had to rewind, I had to go through it twice. Also, the reference to "drowning" after the confession was a bit worrisome. What doesn't kill us may make us stronger, but that means there are some things that will kill us. Given we are talking about Japanese culture, the chances of one of the girls being pushed too far is a worry, especially given the Denpa aspect.

Marcozheng

Jun 2, 2020
Yeah, I think so. In my opinion undermines much of her progress as well as her trust of Sensei as well as her recovery post-confession.

I went back to a save point before the scene that causes the break and I'm now caught up. I'm glad to be on this timeline now. I noticed with dependencies, if you miss a missable scene like that, it can have a bit of a cascade, where you miss another scene, which may cause another missed scene, and so on. Personally, the way I'm approaching the game, I'd recommend going back before schadenfreude and make sure it doesn't trigger until after the events of the beach.
Thx for your reply;)I also progressed too far with the girls without reading the walkthrough(and my English is poor so I didn't realize I should listen to Rin's words),now a long long journey is waiting for me:FacePalm:holy craps I just want to use the cheat code badly

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Thx for your reply;)I also progressed too far with the girls without reading the walkthrough(and my English is poor so I didn't realize I should listen to Rin's words),now a long long journey is waiting for me:FacePalm:holy craps I just want to use the cheat code badly
At least you can skip through a lot of the content you've already seen.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
'Twas Kawaii (Chinami) that tamed the Beast.

Is anyone ever prepared to handle a happy scene?
Looking at some of the examples of Denpa, I could just imagine that Sensei suffered a psychotic break and now only thinks he is a new person in his old body, only imagines that the world keep resetting.

Part of is definitely suspension of disbelief. Some women never had a hymen to begin with. In nearly all the others, the hymen naturally thins out as they mature such that very few post-pubescent women actually have any structure then to break and bleed--many have no pain with their first intercourse. Also the history of the idea of female virginity and the patriarchal baggage that goes with it.

Yes, Delirium was very very hard to take, and since I had to rewind, I had to go through it twice. Also, the reference to "drowning" after the confession was a bit worrisome. What doesn't kill us may make us stronger, but that means there are some things that will kill us. Given we are talking about Japanese culture, the chances of one of the girls being pushed too far is a worry, especially given the Denpa aspect.
Maybe so, I can kind of picture it now and that image is way too cute, like completely out of character in a good way cute. The kind of cute she would literally kill to hide out of embarrassment.

Yes, you can prepare for the 'happy' scenes, but it isn't easy and you literally have to be on guard at all times. The second your guard drops, you're vulnerable, and a 'happy' scene can happen practically anywhere given their nature. So far, the psychotic break is what I'm rolling with as to the difference between old Sensei and player Sensei, literally the same person, but different personalities brought on by this break.

I've also had to go through "Delirium" twice, not pleasant, though not in the same way as real world displeasure. I just hate seeing Rin suffer and she very obviously was. I'm not sure how much of Japanese culture Selebus is planning to inject into the game, but if he goes as far as their tendency to overwork to the point of either overexertion or suicidal amounts of stress, I could very easily see that playing a role in the Denpa aspect of the game. It could even lead to some of the potential deaths.

Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yes, you can prepare for the 'happy' scenes, but it isn't easy and you literally have to be on guard at all times. The second your guard drops, you're vulnerable, and a 'happy' scene can happen practically anywhere given their nature. So far, the psychotic break is what I'm rolling with as to the difference between old Sensei and player Sensei, literally the same person, but different personalities brought on by this break.
I do jump a little when we get a "happy frame" in the middle of an otherwise mundane scene.
At the very least, Maya seems to imply that he (new Sensei) had actually been there for a number of resets, so something is wrong that he only knows of the ones we've seen. Another scenario is that the MC jumped to his death and the whole game is something created by his brain as it dies.... That would be so cruel.
I've also had to go through "Delirium" twice, not pleasant, though not in the same way as real world displeasure. I just hate seeing Rin suffer and she very obviously was. I'm not sure how much of Japanese culture Selebus is planning to inject into the game, but if he goes as far as their tendency to overwork to the point of either overexertion or suicidal amounts of stress, I could very easily see that playing a role in the Denpa aspect of the game. It could even lead to some of the potential deaths.
All I can say is I hope not.

There are only a few games I know where a number of people really look at all these aspects. A select few that inspire people.

chu4ng

Sep 7, 2019
Привет!
Это перевод на Русский язык визуальной новеллы Lessons in Love [v0.17].
Этот перевод является неофициальным.

Ссылка : Здесь
Didn't you think about upload your translate on ?

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
Can we touch the heroine like touch/feel gamss?
Not really, it's pretty scripted, like you just select what you want to do with girls when you knock on their dorm room door like just hanging out or sexual acts, blowjob, missionary, handjob, etc... or you can call them over to your house and have similar options, except for one option allows you to pat their head (and if you pat their head 500 times you make them cum from that alone and it unlocks their pajamas as an outfit in their profile)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I did wonder when you'd get there and how you'd react.

It's certainly a turning point.
Ami's Everlasting Love was not as shocking, but a bit similar with the happy ending. I need to take a look at all the final scenes above the dotted line. No, Bluejay is worse. I'm still in shock.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Ami's Everlasting Love was not as shocking, but a bit similar with the happy ending. I need to take a look at all the final scenes above the dotted line. No, Bluejay is worse. I'm still in shock.
When I first played it I just kinda sat there for a few minutes before saying (out loud too) "Oh, fuck." it can fuck you up if you're not expecting it.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
♫♪And I would give 500 pats,♪♫
♫♪And I would give 500 more...♪♫

I think I need some (almost) meaningless clicking before I move forward after Bluejay.
This is a very engaging game. Curse you Thank you, Selebus.
Praise Be.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I do jump a little when we get a "happy frame" in the middle of an otherwise mundane scene.
At the very least, Maya seems to imply that he (new Sensei) had actually been there for a number of resets, so something is wrong that he only knows of the ones we've seen. Another scenario is that the MC jumped to his death and the whole game is something created by his brain as it dies.... That would be so cruel.

All I can say is I hope not.

There are only a few games I know where a number of people really look at all these aspects. A select few that inspire people.
I'm still not entirely sure if he jumped or if he was pushed. There's evidence pushing me toward a jump, but Noriko and Ami both seem like the type to take the 'if I can't have him, nobody can' approach, so I am still VERY wary of the possibility it might have been an attempted murder.

Not sure what you mean by that last line. If you mean real people taking the more dangerous aspects of the, not real, game into the real world, they were already screwed in the head and needed help of the mental variety to begin with.

I just wanna ask. Can we touch the heroine like touch/feel games?
No, this is a VN, not a touching simulator.

Bluejay.
Wow.
Just wow.
Gets us every time, that one was a major shock and may be one of the few there is no preparing for.

When I first played it I just kinda sat there for a few minutes before saying (out loud too) "Oh, fuck." it can fuck you up if you're not expecting it.
It can even if you are expecting it, too. This is one of only a couple scenes where I haven't had any less of a reaction to it on multiple runs through it.

♫♪And I would give 500 pats,♪♫
♫♪And I would give 500 more...♪♫

I think I need some (almost) meaningless clicking before I move forward after Bluejay.
This is a very engaging game. Curse you Thank you, Selebus.
Praise Be.
Headpats anyone?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm still not entirely sure if he jumped or if he was pushed. There's evidence pushing me toward a jump, but Noriko and Ami both seem like the type to take the 'if I can't have him, nobody can' approach, so I am still VERY wary of the possibility it might have been an attempted murder.
I wasn't talking about any jumping during the game, I'm talking about how the game started with all the options saying "jump." Implying that all of this is a creation of his oxygen starved brain.
Not sure what you mean by that last line. If you mean real people taking the more dangerous aspects of the, not real, game into the real world, they were already screwed in the head and needed help of the mental variety to begin with.
I mean people really thinking about the story and the characters, what's happening to them emotionally, and not just when the next H-scene will be. Another game that gets a lot of discussion like this is Light of My Life--including talk about the Biblical and general religious symbolism in the game. There are a number of games that speak to us on various levels.
Gets us every time, that one was a major shock and may be one of the few there is no preparing for.

It can even if you are expecting it, too. This is one of only a couple scenes where I haven't had any less of a reaction to it on multiple runs through it.

Headpats anyone?
Yeah, I'm doing Happy Places, still working on the after effects of Bluejay. I started head patting to break the mood, but the fact that one of the three is not available (because of Bluejay) didn't help.

Vigeroy

Feb 24, 2021
I just got to the cooking contest between Amy and Ayane a few days ago and something keeps bothering me. Who the fuck eats rice with nothing? Rice is supposed to accompany some kinds of food, not left alone in a bowl. I think there’s some serious cultural misunderstanding here.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I wasn't talking about any jumping during the game, I'm talking about how the game started with all the options saying "jump." Implying that all of this is a creation of his oxygen starved brain.

I mean people really thinking about the story and the characters, what's happening to them emotionally, and not just when the next H-scene will be. Another game that gets a lot of discussion like this is Light of My Life--including talk about the Biblical and general religious symbolism in the game. There are a number of games that speak to us on various levels.

Yeah, I'm doing Happy Places, still working on the after effects of Bluejay. I started head patting to break the mood, but the fact that one of the three is not available (because of Bluejay) didn't help.
I'm not sure of that, either. This could be that or it could be some sort of effect after surviving the fall.

I see, yeah, it takes some extremely good writing to make a game on the level where it can get the players thinking. You can have the best graphics or best sound design and you still won't get that kind of response with an okay story.

I just got to the cooking contest between Amy and Ayane a few days ago and something keeps bothering me. Who the fuck eats rice with nothing? Rice is supposed to accompany some kinds of food, not left alone in a bowl. I think there’s some serious cultural misunderstanding here.
Not necessarily, rice can be used in a variety of ways including as a main dish, usually, but not always with some sort of sauce.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That is a common reading of it.

The opening could refer to one of two things:

1) Literal -- a suicide attempt
2) Metaphorical -- a leap of faith
3) Referential -- There are a pair of films, the one you've most likely seen is City of Angels (the other is a German film, Wings of Desire, which City of Angels was adapting for a modern US audience) about an angel who falls in love with a human and chooses to fall from heaven and become mortal in order to be with them. I only bring this up because the game does have very strong god/angel overtones, and mentions a god who fucked everything who then died. But maybe he didn't die. Maybe he did just fall in love? This is an unlikely option, but I can't rule it out entirely just yet.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes