alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Oh man, why does this game keep doing this to us. I still haven't reached that but now I fear it.

I'm trying to find out how to unlock the 5th happy event since after I did "Rewrite" I got it crossed out. Nothing on hints either.
If you mean unlocking it after it is already crossed out, you can't, crossed out events are permanently locked. If you mean on a second run after getting it crossed out, there is a wiki with unlock requirements.

Reactions: niconob92

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
If you mean unlocking it after it is already crossed out, you can't, crossed out events are permanently locked. If you mean on a second run after getting it crossed out, there is a wiki with unlock requirements.
Oh no, I just went to an earlier save. Luckily I had one just a week before I screwed up :p
If I can't find it by myself I'll definitely check out that wiki page though

Reactions: alex2011

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Oh man, why does this game keep doing this to us. I still haven't reached that but now I fear it.
Yeah, Delirium, No, You, and Bluejay are all hard to absorb.
I'm trying to find out how to unlock the 5th happy event since after I did "Rewrite" I got it crossed out. Nothing on hints either.
[/QUOTE]
You need to have completed Nightvision to open Everything is Connected on the soccer field.
I just got to the cooking contest between Amy and Ayane a few days ago and something keeps bothering me. Who the fuck eats rice with nothing? Rice is supposed to accompany some kinds of food, not left alone in a bowl. I think there’s some serious cultural misunderstanding here.
When you go to a sushi restaurant (in the US, at least), you'll usually receive a bowl of rice with perhaps a garnish on top. You can add soy sauce or not or just eat it as is.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
When you go to a sushi restaurant (in the US, at least), you'll usually receive a bowl of rice with perhaps a garnish on top. You can add soy sauce or not or just eat it as is.
I have been to many sushi restaurants in the US, and this has never been offered.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

You need to have completed Nightvision to open Everything is Connected on the soccer field.

I have been to many sushi restaurants in the US, and this has never been offered.
Odd as it is common practice. I usually add soy sauce to mine. I just like that flavor for some reason. Rice in the far east is a major substitute for certain other grains, though not a total replacement as you will see both rice and the supposedly replaced grain at the same time in places.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I've never been to a restaurant in Japan where plain rice was just given out. Because a) it's not meant to be eaten alone (soy sauce/ginger doesn't count), and b) they'd prefer to charge you $3-5 for it.

Honestly, getting it at a sushi place sounds particularly odd to me, as the sushi already includes rice.

Reactions: Dragon59

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017

[/QUOTE]
Delirium was definitely hard, yeah. Specially since rin is probably my favorite of the bunch so far.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I've never been to a restaurant in Japan where plain rice was just given out. Because a) it's not meant to be eaten alone (soy sauce/ginger doesn't count), and b) they'd prefer to charge you $3-5 for it.

Honestly, getting it at a sushi place sounds particularly odd to me, as the sushi already includes rice.
Apparently it does vary from place to place.
All this talk has reminded me of this video:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Apparently it does vary from place to place.
All this talk has reminded me of this video:

It does, quite a bit in fact. It is far more common in the actual countries to find rice served than at a restaurant outside them with cuisine from those countries.

Vigeroy

Feb 24, 2021
I assure you not a single soul in my South East Asian country eats rice with nothing. Rice with soy sauce is something a child would choose to eat when he/she doesn't like the dishes. The closes thing to a rice main dish would be fried rice, but even that dish has its fair share of variations with different seasoning and side dishes.

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Don't let the Japanese see you do that you heathen.

Soy sauce is for the meat, people!

The sushimeshi is what the sushi master has spent a lifetime getting right!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
I assure you not a single soul in my South East Asian country eats rice with nothing. Rice with soy sauce is something a child would choose to eat when he/she doesn't like the dishes. The closes thing to a rice main dish would be fried rice, but even that dish has its fair share of variations with different seasoning and side dishes.
Unadulterated white rice has traditionally been seen as a delicacy in Japan due to its cost and association with the ruling classes (after all you're removing most of the nutritional value in processing it). I suspect there is still some lasting association but I'm not an expert so wouldn't like to comment.

A crude comparison might be salt for Westerners? It is a relatively common resource but it's essential nature and the cost of extraction of the "real deal" have given it a traditionally high status.

A salt covenant is a thing for a reason but (almost) no-one today is going to appreciate being presented with a bowl of salt.

El_Zane_123

Oct 22, 2020
Ami's Everlasting Love was not as shocking, but a bit similar with the happy ending. I need to take a look at all the final scenes above the dotted line. No, Bluejay is worse. I'm still in shock.
I feel you. Was the reason why I registered here just to comment about it.
I saw it somewhat coming, the hints were there and sth bad was about to happen but still Jesus Christ, it hit me so hard that I literally was in shock for a minute or two.

Brilliant tbh. How often do you have games or books where sth like this happens? That you are actually deep down shaken? Absolutely brilliant, and absolutely terrifying.

Reactions: Dragon59

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I feel you. Was the reason why I registered here just to comment about it.
I saw it somewhat coming, the hints were there and sth bad was about to happen but still Jesus Christ, it hit me so hard that I literally was in shock for a minute or two.

Brilliant tbh. How often do you have games or books where sth like this happens? That you are actually deep down shaken? Absolutely brilliant, and absolutely terrifying.
Not very, Selebus is just that good at what he does. This developer scares me sometimes...literally.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Don't let the Japanese see you do that you heathen.

Soy sauce is for the meat, people!

The sushimeshi is what the sushi master has spent a lifetime getting right!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We were talking about plain white rice, but a bowl of sushi meshi sounds pretty nice right now!

Ultimately, I think the whole point of Ayane offering bowls of plain white rice as a first course was part of showing that her culinary skills leave a lot to be desired. It wasn't supposed to be considered normal.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes