alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
LOTS OF SPOILERS BUT I NEED TO VENT YOUHAVEBEENWARNED:

After just catching up on the Halloween event, can I just once again praise be this game's unmatched ability to make me feel happy and then completely horrible within a span of less than a minute. Cause goddamn. Never did I think things would simultaneously feel hopeful and yet completely fucked. Between Rin actually catching a break for once, but then being Rin despite having no reason to be Rin and Wakana deciding to also be Rin but with less blood, and whatever tf was going on with Sara, I thought after the beach trip we'd ease back into whatever passes for normalcy in Kumon-mi for a bit, but nope. Halloween creates a whole host of "well fuck me"-ness. Then to top it all off, I get to the dialogue choices in Maki's second Invite Event, someone whom I've come to trust for nice, simple, guilt-free MILF sex, and am suddenly feeling unbelievably bad about my desire to sleep with a horny, consenting adult because I don't want her little Bluejay to perform another ill-fated attempt at flight, a decision made all the worse because I actually have full control over whether I make it or not, plus I'm still worried about picking Maya in the costume contest cause I thought it would be funny but now her and Ami are at each other's throats a bit and I can't help but wondering if picking Maya's options to mess with her is fucking Ami up in the head or if Ami is just fucked in the head by default and God GOD god I miss the days when I thought the worst thing I was gonna have to worry about was what kind of homie I was gonna be.
Yep, emotional whiplash in electronically written form. As far as Ami, she's been fucked in the head for a while, it just doesn't always show.

crustlord12 : Yeah, right, too long. But I'm like alex2011, I usually always reply, and I too don't mind to write walls of text... But I think that everything is covered now: alex2011 , you'll tell me.

Experience. It's not a matter of ONE IP node, these are heavily controlled because they aren't used by only one service. It's a CDN problem, and that's under the control of the company owning/using the CDN. Experience speaking. When you hear hoof noises, think "horse" first, not "zebra": it's the essence of Occam's razor. I had once a problem of performance issues with a 19" bay filled with CPU cards: ONE card were dropping packets... Without any surprise, it was a faulty NIC. But when one other time I got random dropped packets, I directly checked the distributing algorithm - without any surprise too, there was a bug there. And when it's only ONE rack who got problems, you check the interconnection: 99% of time, the problem is here.

I don't even trust "trusted sources", for my part, I scan everything whatever happens... And I don't trust Google's AV anyway. But this is a SYMPTOM: I cannot trust a service that cannot even scan an archive that has, nowadays, a common size.

It is IP based - proxys IP being ignored, because shared. The quota limit seems to be really enforced ONLY on client-side, and on server-side it's quite a joke.
If your download don't resume after switching to a VPN connection, you probably forgot to close - REALLY close - the client before switching the connection.
When I switch, I usually chose another country, rather than another town in my own country, will probably do the trick switching to another state within USA. It's probably something about using another Mega node and a non-replicated/non-centralized quota limit table... Maybe they can't centralize it because this particular machine would be hammered, maybe their replication algorithm is too slow, I don't know but it's obviously unreliable.

Have you ever heard of an individual being sued by Microsoft for a pirate version of Windows? They don't care. They care, sometimes, about Office. They don't care much about Visual Studio. They care A LOT about IIS, however, and about Windows Server. And they care A LOT too if you make profit by selling illegal copies, obviously. When you crack Windows/Office, through KMSPico for example, you'll get some minor inconveniences - some elements aren't working properly, but I highly doubt that anybody would notice it not a computer professional. That's why I have a fully licenced Windows for MY computer (a Pro version, of course, even with BitLocker and so on), and a cracked one for my wife's one. She don't need the same things as me.

If you have a cracked Windows, you'll obviously be used to Windows... So you'll ask to get it at work, too - then MS will probably sell a full set of licences, including server licences, plus a Gold MSDN plan. Once you have Windows, you'll ask for having Office, probably with Outlook too - another set of licences. Bonus if you require Visio. And as a developper myself, I won't switch to anything but Visual Studio when working on Windows... Another licence... All these licences can be yearly, and they REALLY are controlled and enforced. They earn a lot of money because they let individuals using a "Pro" version of Windows instead of a "Home", or even a fully cracked version. They don't "lose" money, these people wouldn't had bought it anyway - even more relevant with Adobe and Autodesk products, way more expensive than Microsoft's ones. That's how, in my company, we have CATIA, AutoCAD, AND SolidWorks: each people asked for the software they were used to... Young engineers were used to one of them thanks to a cracked/educational copy. All these licences are yearly, with support: good move for letting a 18 yo geek using a cracked version he would NEVER be able to buy, don't you think?

It's probably the same here for Mega. They care if you host illegal stuff, of course. They care if you obviously use it for business. I highly doubt that they care about bandwidth itself - for individuals, I mean, I doubt that they are so lenients with a business subscription costing 25.000 USD per year... If my company ask for advices for a third-party cloud service, I would propose one from those I use at home... Including Mega, obviously.
Of course, if you don't manage to break the quota limit like I do, you'll upgrade your account - free meal for them. But it's very unlikely that they would hunt for some gigabytes that weren't used otherwise...

Yeah, and? It's still not a browser download, and all the traffic (including negotiation) is redirected to the client - because you may only want to enqueue the download, after all... You could even have used a MegaCmd script to get it without using your browser. It's nothing different than a link to a CDN: you reach a page that chose the "best" server for you, and the fact that some CDN start automatically the download isn't relevant.

No host providers used here offers real, direct links: it's always a CDN or equivalent. Being logged to Mega isn't a problem too, it stays logged across sessions if you want it - and since I use it only for downloads, I don't care to keep everything logged. My PC isn't shared, I'm behind physical protections, so I'm rarely anxious when checking the "Remember me" box... My really important services, like my bank, disconnect me after five minutes anyway, and everything of any importance is with 2FA... And if I'm anxious anyway, I have a VPN with a kill switch function.

This kind of ban is automatic. In no way it's decided by a human being: they ban first, AND if you make a valid claim, they restore your account and apologize. Way easier.

BTW, most people don't have a static IP, so the ban will last from 24 hours to 7 days. Even your IPv6 isn't static, usually. My external IP changes approximatively every two weeks, because optical fiber, but at ADSL time, it was every 24 hours... And on each connection at PSTN modem time. A static IP is an expensive option - around 100 euros per month in my case, so it would more than double my phone/cell/internet bill. And you can still use a VPN to get a new IP address anyway... BTW, Mega don't rely on IPv6, but on IPv4 - since both breaking the limit AND spend a brand new quota works with a VPN which don't support IPv6.
If you can't make a new account somewhere, it's more probably a cookie problem rather than an IP problem. Your internet box is maybe able to renew its lease to your provider and change its external IP, for example, to avoid waiting for too long...

Again, storage is a thing, bandwidth is another one. Storage needs physical hard drives, therefore you must pay them. Bandwidth is "free" (but electric power used) if your lines aren't fully used: you'll pay the same price for an unused TB connection and a 90%-used one, excepted the light electric consumption involved. Is an unused road less expensive to build and maintain that an heavily used one? Of course not... This is the bandwidth. But if you need to build car parks each mile - and ones that are able to get ALL the traffic parked - then it will cost you your firstborn's soul... This is the storage.

As I said, if I wasn't banned in two years, it won't happens until they implement a REAL quota limit. It's still not the case, two years after. I'm breaking the limit each week, and EVEN if they enforce this quota checking, then I'll be limited too with ANY VPN connection I could use: why should I be banned, since I was properly limited by an efficient algorithm? There is absolutely no risk here... And if it becomes really unavoidable, THEN I'll look for a standard (non-free) account, OR I'll offload the downloads to my NAS like I do for torrents - I have possibilities that most users don't have, so I won't be forced to keep my PC running just for a download.

Until then, it WORKS. So, do as you want, it's not really a problem for ME... I said it already, but I'll get the archive in no time without being forced to endure a slow transfer rate, or several hours of waiting for a quota, or several DAYS of waiting for a torrent - or, worst, don't get the archive at all because stubborness or impatience.

No problem.
I'm going to keep this reply short and just address everything in one statement, it can't be a NOPY problem if there are people having good download performance with NOPY. It can be a problem in between, where neiter side of the connection can do anything about it, but it isn't a NOPY problem.

Jan 16, 2019
LOTS OF SPOILERS BUT I NEED TO VENT YOUHAVEBEENWARNED:

After just catching up on the Halloween event, can I just once again praise be this game's unmatched ability to make me feel happy and then completely horrible within a span of less than a minute. Cause goddamn. Never did I think things would simultaneously feel hopeful and yet completely fucked. Between Rin actually catching a break for once, but then being Rin despite having no reason to be Rin and Wakana deciding to also be Rin but with less blood, and whatever tf was going on with Sara, I thought after the beach trip we'd ease back into whatever passes for normalcy in Kumon-mi for a bit, but nope. Halloween creates a whole host of "well fuck me"-ness. Then to top it all off, I get to the dialogue choices in Maki's second Invite Event, someone whom I've come to trust for nice, simple, guilt-free MILF sex, and am suddenly feeling unbelievably bad about my desire to sleep with a horny, consenting adult because I don't want her little Bluejay to perform another ill-fated attempt at flight, a decision made all the worse because I actually have full control over whether I make it or not, plus I'm still worried about picking Maya in the costume contest cause I thought it would be funny but now her and Ami are at each other's throats a bit and I can't help but wondering if picking Maya's options to mess with her is fucking Ami up in the head or if Ami is just fucked in the head by default and God GOD god I miss the days when I thought the worst thing I was gonna have to worry about was what kind of homie I was gonna be.
i chose Maya because I loved her and because I thought her costume was the best. actually, ami and Maya's fight was good for me. i dont feel bad ami is already broken. or atleast i think so .I don't feel that bad about the choices I've made.i think im broken too xD

Razorhead

May 18, 2017
(Also, I don't think alliterative names represent a truth about the setting. In Something Everything Knows And Ignores, there is a drawing in the background of one of the scenes that is signed, in Japanese, "Nagasawa Kyoko." The name is not part of the stock Koikatsu asset like the drawing is, Selebus put it there.)
Sel has mentioned on the Discord that the only reason the names alliterate is simply because it's easier to remember them that way, so it's definitely not a part of the setting. Considering that there's no reason to assume he wouldn't break this self-imposed restriction when he thinks it's appropriate.

He could also be doing this on purpose because revealing a non-alliterative name later on would be deliberately clashing with this pattern in a way the player would pick up on, possibly to indicate that this name, or this person, is related to the real world rather than the alliterative names that are common in Kumon-Mi. That being the case this non-alliterative name popping up on a drawing related to a twisted and fragmented memory from the real world could be foreshadowing for this happening in the future.

Reactions: moodle and alex2011
Jul 11, 2019
Yep, emotional whiplash in electronically written form. As far as Ami, she's been fucked in the head for a while, it just doesn't always show.

I'm going to keep this reply short and just address everything in one statement, it can't be a NOPY problem if there are people having good download performance with NOPY. It can be a problem in between, where neiter side of the connection can do anything about it, but it isn't a NOPY problem.
What do you mean "fucked in the head"? Didn't we do her in every other possible hole?
hehehehehe
Also yeah, the way Selebus screws with our feelings is great.

And me likey nopy because me have fast with nopy.
Therefore me agree with Alex, who say not nopy problem.

i chose Maya because I loved her and because I thought her costume was the best. actually, ami and Maya's fight was good for me. i dont feel bad ami is already broken. or atleast i think so .I don't feel that bad about the choices I've made.i think im broken too xD
Also chose Maya (because costume and one of the best girls) at first, but went back and chose Molly after seeing their fight.
That combined with me getting exactly 100 Molly Affection Points in time for that scene really gave me the idea I chose who was drunk, sad and asleep.

Sel has mentioned on the Discord that the only reason the names alliterate is simply because it's easier to remember them that way, so it's definitely not a part of the setting. Considering that there's no reason to assume he wouldn't break this self-imposed restriction when he thinks it's appropriate.

He could also be doing this on purpose because revealing a non-alliterative name later on would be deliberately clashing with this pattern in a way the player would pick up on, possibly to indicate that this name, or this person, is related to the real world rather than the alliterative names that are common in Kumon-Mi. That being the case this non-alliterative name popping up on a drawing related to a twisted and fragmented memory from the real world could be foreshadowing for this happening in the future.
At this point Selebus is like Shakespeare.
If he does something, then we're stuck overanalyzing it while Selebus just did it for the lols.
Anyway, I'm going to go back to thinking about Raid: Shadow Legends. A game he has advertised, so it surely must be important.
:)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
What do you mean "fucked in the head"? Didn't we do her in every other possible hole?
hehehehehe
Also yeah, the way Selebus screws with our feelings is great.

And me likey nopy because me have fast with nopy.
Therefore me agree with Alex, who say not nopy problem.

Also chose Maya (because costume and one of the best girls) at first, but went back and chose Molly after seeing their fight.
That combined with me getting exactly 100 Molly Affection Points in time for that scene really gave me the idea I chose who was drunk, sad and asleep.

If he does something, then we're stuck overanalyzing it while Selebus just did it for the lols.
Anyway, I'm going to go back to thinking about Raid: Shadow Legends. A game he has advertised, so it surely must be important.
Funny, I should have expected someone to use that against me, I left myself wide open for that. Also, for some reason I get the feeling the literal sense of that phrase isn't necessarily off the table.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
MEGA since it opened up with the original 50GB storage offer, I think they lowered how much storage new accounts get since I joined.
20 GB now. And customer service is a joke.
But beyond that, they are one of the more reliable ways I've found.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
20 GB now. And customer service is a joke.
But beyond that, they are one of the more reliable ways I've found.
I mean, customer service has always been a joke, and don't even get me started on copyright enforcement. You don't even need proof of copyright ownership to flag an account, but to combat that strike you do. Then there's the stupid limits, whatever you do, don't use MEGA for something like the last four Illusion games or you WILL be waiting several times for at least an hour each for the limit to reset. NOPY was always in one go unless I had my own connection fail, which used to be a major issue where I live before the local fiber connection was installed. Even with bigger files, NOPY was faster because of that lack of wait time alone not to mention speed in general.

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
Great. Now I have to go play Raid: Shadow Legends just to look for lore.

• Haha
Reactions: alex2011
Jan 16, 2019
i couldnt choose another girl .i cant. i always want to choose maya or yumi everytime .sad . also i miss this game already damnnnnn .i finished 2 days ago .
i tried to play that game but didnt like it .i think rewards are garbage and gameplay is not that interesting i prefer revived witch .

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
i couldnt choose another girl .i cant. i always want to choose maya or yumi everytime .sad . also i miss this game already damnnnnn .i finished 2 days ago .

i tried to play that game but didnt like it .i think rewards are garbage and gameplay is not that interesting i prefer revived witch .
That's a gacha game for you, they usually make the rewards crappy so you don't get enough out of them to avoid paying more money to make up the remaining difference where you need to and the gameplay is meant to keep you focused on the gacha aspect more than anything else.

Reactions: ProudHomophobic
Jan 16, 2019
That's a gacha game for you, they usually make the rewards crappy so you don't get enough out of them to avoid paying more money to make up the remaining difference where you need to and the gameplay is meant to keep you focused on the gacha aspect more than anything else.
Im playing few gacha games but raid shadow legends is different .even worse than fgo .i have 28 ssr in fgo ,rewards are actually fine .re zero has good rewards .Revived witch has good rewards. some of them has crappy rewards like genshin but raid shadow legends is a game that does not have a special/unique feature unlike genshin. at least to me .

franklin99

Jun 16, 2019
Selebus will we be able to use the skip feature for the rework on scenes we have already seen? Or could we get some sort of notice that we are at the end of the rework? I know this is a little ways out, but just something that had me curious.

Can't wait for the public release of 21P1 in a few days!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Selebus will we be able to use the skip feature for the rework on scenes we have already seen? Or could we get some sort of notice that we are at the end of the rework? I know this is a little ways out, but just something that had me curious.

Can't wait for the public release of 21P1 in a few days!
Skip feature for the rework? Why? There won't be scenes you've already seen because the rework is making new content to put in place of the stuff already there. He basically wants to slow the pace a bit for girls who he thinks moved too quickly into getting intimate. You can't exactly keep the same scenes and expect it to change the pacing, which is his goal. You have to rewrite the scenes for that, including any visuals that might conflict with thenew pacing, meaning most of the current ones. As for the end of the rework, again, why? We haven't gotten notifications we're at the end of any point before so how would it make sense to do that here?

franklin99

Jun 16, 2019
Skip feature for the rework? Why? There won't be scenes you've already seen because the rework is making new content to put in place of the stuff already there. He basically wants to slow the pace a bit for girls who he thinks moved too quickly into getting intimate. You can't exactly keep the same scenes and expect it to change the pacing, which is his goal. You have to rewrite the scenes for that, including any visuals that might conflict with the new pacing, meaning most of the current ones. As for the end of the rework, again, why? We haven't gotten notifications we're at the end of any point before so how would it make sense to do that here?
Selebus said that he will rework a great deal of the early game content, not that it will be every single scene. If there are scenes that aren't remade I and perhaps others would like the option to skip them. If every single scene is remade then the original question is null.

As far as the notification, it wasn't necessary for a pop up and tell you when the end of content happened for other times during the game. However, now the re-worked content will end in the middle of the game and we might not know when it stops. I would love to go back and play the rework and then once it is finished just continue playing new content. Like Selebus mentioned, completing the game from scratch would take about 100 hours. Unfortunately for me, this isn't a time commitment I can make at this point in my life.

Either way i'm excited to see the great work Selebus will have done.

Reactions: crustlord12
Jan 16, 2019
man im in love with this game. i tried to play other Visual novels but they are boring right now .I'll call it the god of war effect, I haven't been able to enjoy playing games (except Visual novels )since 2018, whether I want to or not, I've been comparing it all to god of war. i couldnt enjoy other games because god of war was true masterpiece.and now because of this game i cant enjoy other visual novels.not only story but i like characters too, i like them so much especially maya and yumi .i was playing this game for sex and now i just want to see more yumi contents. I will be very happy even if there will be no sex in yumi scenes. i want to forget about the other girls and run away with Yumi xD

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
man im in love with this game. i tried to play other Visual novels but they are boring right now .I'll call it the god of war effect, I haven't been able to enjoy playing games (except Visual novels )since 2018, whether I want to or not, I've been comparing it all to god of war. i couldnt enjoy other games because god of war was true masterpiece.and now because of this game i cant enjoy other visual novels.not only story but i like characters too, i like them so much especially maya and yumi .i was playing this game for sex and now i just want to see more yumi contents. I will be very happy even if there will be no sex in yumi scenes. i want to forget about the other girls and run away with Yumi xD
Although very different in tone and execution, Once In A Lifetime is extremely good, and it is fully complete. I'd highly recommend it. Caribdis (the developer for it) is the only other developer besides Selebus that I actually support through Patreon. I still wouldn't say it's the same caliber as Lessons in Love, but tbh, most full-on novels aren't the same caliber as Lessons in Love lol.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Selebus said that he will rework a great deal of the early game content, not that it will be every single scene. If there are scenes that aren't remade I and perhaps others would like the option to skip them. If every single scene is remade then the original question is null.

As far as the notification, it wasn't necessary for a pop up and tell you when the end of content happened for other times during the game. However, now the re-worked content will end in the middle of the game and we might not know when it stops. I would love to go back and play the rework and then once it is finished just continue playing new content. Like Selebus mentioned, completing the game from scratch would take about 100 hours. Unfortunately for me, this isn't a time commitment I can make at this point in my life.

Either way i'm excited to see the great work Selebus will have done.
I see

Although very different in tone and execution, Once In A Lifetime is extremely good, and it is fully complete. I'd highly recommend it. Caribdis (the developer for it) is the only other developer besides Selebus that I actually support through Patreon. I still wouldn't say it's the same caliber as Lessons in Love, but tbh, most full-on novels aren't the same caliber as Lessons in Love lol.
At least it almost is, there's an ending, but Caribdis is still going back for some epilogue scenes after his new game's next update. I echo the sentiment and recommend that one as well, in fact I can say I recommend both of his games. Lessons in Love is something special, I would say. There may not be something to equal it for some time and, even if that time comes, it might just be Selebus making the one that does.

Jan 16, 2019
I played once in life time and stabby mike was hilarious.dildo guy was funny.it was really fun but almost played all popular VNs at right now i think i'll try to play being a dik again .yes Lessons in Love is in very different level. Selebus is best xD

• Red Heart
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes