Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Honestly though, I think it's best to leave it alone.
I know i shouldn't, i try to be a good site member... but i just love this drama so much, the meltdowns, the fury, the hilarious images, the screenshots, the trolling, the counter trolling, there's some little dickhead in the back of my head that just loooooves the whole thing and wants more. Selly could easily kill all of it off if he just shutup but he can't and that makes it a million times more hilarious and fun. Watching control freaks freak out over not having absolute control is endlessly entertaining.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I know i shouldn't, i try to be a good site member... but i just love this drama so much, the meltdowns, the fury, the hilarious images, the screenshots, the trolling, the counter trolling, there's some little dickhead in the back of my head that just loooooves the whole thing and wants more. Selly could easily kill all of it off if he just shutup but he can't and that makes it a million times more hilarious and fun. Watching control freaks freak out over not having absolute control is endlessly entertaining.
Yeah, but there's a risk that mods will lock this thread up again. That aside, I hope Sel have at least some fun with this stupid "war" and not just seriously brooding, all edgy-like. That's unhealthy.

Nov 2, 2018
Eh. I don't personally approve of people sharing patron-only content, since he asked me not to. I just also don't really think it looks good for a dev to be getting so upset about stuff being leaked and shit-talking a web site that brings in so much attention to his product. Like, he turned to this place for help when Patreon dropped him, and from what I can tell, it helped. I found this game through this site, too.

I think he should probably chill.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Yeah, but there's a risk that mods will lock this thread up again. That aside, I hope Sel have at least some fun with this stupid "war" and not just seriously brooding, all edgy-like. That's unhealthy.
The man is going on his honeymoon soon. Imagine being wound up around petty internet drama on your honeymoon!

Huh? As far as I know they do jack about anything anyone does with their assets or things made with their soft, don't they?
It is prohibited to use our content for the purpose of distribution, distribution, sales, collection of money, etc.
* It is prohibited to use it for purposes other than playing.
*The copyright of game screens and created data, such as character data and screenshots, belongs to ILLUSION.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
I know, but I'm talking about how they don't actually do anything about it.
You'll notice that no game made with Illusion assets is posted for sale for a fixed price on any marketplace like Steam. Even on Itch you're just paying for "early access".

Jul 31, 2021
This current development upsets me greatly because while I haven't touched this game for a bit it was still one of the few on this site that I had thoroughly enjoyed my first go around here. Off-topic thing to say but I hope this all blows over soon and the dev can just chill out instead of lashing out. Cheers.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
You'll notice that no game made with Illusion assets is posted for sale for a fixed price on any marketplace like Steam. Even on Itch you're just paying for "early access".
I get that. DarkDaemon here
He can be supported, but he can't outright paywall stuff made in KK, which is what he's doing with the CPs, gravure renders, and other custom renders, Illusion doesn't like it when people do that.
seperates CP from the base game by pointing out how one is paywalled and another isn't (-ish). Both of those violate copyright, while only one of those cases "Illusion doesn't like", so I thought that he was alluding to some precedent, like Illusion taking legal actions against hard paywalled stuff, but not against "free" games, or something. That what I was inquiring about, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
This current development upsets me greatly because while I haven't touched this game for a bit it was still one of the few on this site that I had thoroughly enjoyed my first go around here. Off-topic thing to say but I hope this all blows over soon and the dev can just chill out instead of lashing out. Cheers.
U can just separate art from the artist. I learned it long ago, when I, being fan of HP, discovered the JK Rowling is dumb virtue-signaling bitch.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Yeah, definitely has nothing to do with the high quality of the game or insane rate he puts out updates compared to some other game devs...
I mean those 5000 hours in ms paint and searching Google for free images to add to the game really tells you this game is a cut above the rest.

• Haha
Reactions: ericade
Oct 31, 2018
Time to vent a bit after lurking here for a couple years and never posting.

I've supported for a while now, albeit it sharing it here once or twice only when he threw fits. I was never actually opposed to requests and care packages being paywalled, but the behavior from Sel (and in turn the behavior he has encouraged from others) regarding all this has baffled me. Sel's been increasingly revealing himself to a dick for a long time, but in the past it was always behind the curtain of the discord (usually the patron sections). I'm happy to see that this side of Sel has become a bit more publicly viewable so people can be a bit more informed before subscribing, but I'm sad that this affects the game somewhat.

I get separating the art from the artist, but when Sel is actively telling his subscribers to "wage war" (which seems rather hyperbolic to me), verbally attacks forum users here, and discusses writing "Fuck F95" inside future updates, it's harder to separate. Given the "puzzles" this game already has, along with the multitude of fourth-wall breaks in the game serving to vent Selebus' frustrations, I wouldn't be surprised if the art itself is influenced by this drama, which I find unfortunate.

LiL is a great game and has given me much joy over the years. I don't regret supporting Sel, and will probably continue to do so (he has made an amazing product, and I really do favor the idea of supporting creators you enjoy) but it saddens me a bit to see the community I once loved so much a couple years ago be filled with such toxicity. You can see the changes over time in the way he acts, in the way his community runs, and even in the way the game is written.

Damn you Sel. Damn you for making such a wonderful piece of media and then slowly tainting my love for it with your constant superiority complex and need to provoke drama. Over a couple years we went from spamming meat and celebrating new members to banning anyone who disagrees with Sel's status quo. Sel made a post today claiming people "love" him because they discuss him constantly. Maybe that's true for some, but Sel: know I despise how you act to people with every fiber of my being. I couldn't be further from "loving" you, and haven't even respected you for a while now. My sole hope regarding all this is that LiL can get made before you go so far off the deep end that you nuke the project entirely.

I miss the good old days chatting with Cad, Gaki, and Maui and hope things settle to a point where I feel comfortable chatting with other fans of the game again outside of F95 (a place which has thankfully remained rather welcoming over time).

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
I get that. DarkDaemon here

seperates CP from the base game by pointing out how one is paywalled and another isn't (-ish). Both of those violate copyright, while only one of those cases "Illusion doesn't like", so I thought that he was alluding to some precedent, like Illusion taking legal actions against hard paywalled stuff, but not against "free" games, or something. That what I was inquiring about, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
Oh, I see what you mean. Not that I know of. Illusion undoubtedly has a relationship with Steam et al., but the care packages and other stuff are hosted on the LiL website for a reason. That's a lot more effort (money) to address than just sending an email to a corporate contact, so I doubt they'd find it worthwhile.

Even if they did care enough to get the website taken down, it would just pop up again hosted in the Cayman Islands or something, which would be even more effort. The cheapest option would then be to just hire someone to DDoS it, but in that case, Cloudflare (which offers protection) won't even deny service to real life neo-Nazis - so this stuff is largely impossible to enforce on the greater web without deep pockets. I doubt Subscribestar would care either. And this is all assuming someone is depraved enough and wanted to actually harm a game developer enough to snitch to Illusion about it, which despite what said dev thinks, isn't going to happen either.

That doesn't mean they like it, though.

Reactions: akselx

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
If Selebus ruins the game because if this, I think a lot of people would snitch and try to have Illusion start a lawsuit, I just wanted to warn him that if he's ever caught by Illusion selling this stuff, he will likely lose everything, that's why paywalling KK content is just a bad idea, early access is fine, because you're not selling it, but you are selling the CPs and custom renders.

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
I like to say "Thanks!" to the Mods for quelling all the discord and bringing back calm and harmony to the thread.
terminalmontage-yoshi.gif

I heard about the drama spewed out in thread this game creates but this is 1st time I've seen it unfold as it happened.

Now that that has happened.... I wonder if Raid Shadow Legends will pull their sponsorship of the game?!!! :unsure: (Sarcasm)
and I only say that because I'm @ that part of game in my replay of it. That event was a really unnecessary IMO. Also the Sana vs. Patreon was too. I really like the game overall and wouldn't have liked as much or invested as much time into it if it weren't for this tread and all people sharing tips, hints, opinions, and speculations about the game. So "Thanks" to every contributor. Also thanks to the Dev. for sharing part of Feb CP for free! At least we now know for sure the age of all of Sensei's students. At least in the Reset Bubble where the game story plays out. I'm still convinced that some of the girls were older and younger before the start of the Reset Bubble.

Anyone willing to post any good screenshots of Selly melting down on discord? I'd go and have a look myself but you need a proper account with a phone number to get past the welcome mat and like hell i'm giving discord my number. I need more popcorn entertainment.
I wish I could see it but all I see when I go there is the #Rules

Last edited:
Reactions: crustlord12

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I didn't intend to start a debate on Illusion and their copyright. I was just memeing and pointing out some hypocrisy. They don't really care and are focused on the Japanese market, so although it's against their EULA and copyright infringement, I can't see them caring about this game or any of the other western games using Illusion games for their renders.

Regarding F95 vs Selebus, gather around the fire and I'll tell you the tale, at least as I understand it.

He used to be an active member of the forums, and was very positive regarding the community. Even before creating his game, he was an active member (pirate), and even donated to the site. Things started to change when his game got bigger, and things eventually came to a head when he got kicked off of Patreon.
A little while after starting his SubscribeStar he kept editing the OP to put banners about the situation and asking people to move over to his SS. His changes broke the rather delicate game thread parser, which latest updates and a few other site features rely upon, and there was already a smaller message about the move which didn't break everything, as well as ongoing discussion in the thread itself. So, his OP edits were reverted, with a note asking him to be careful about the thread template. He restored the edits, they were removed yet again with an official warning. He restored them once more, and this time his edit access was revoked to prevent further changes. He seemingly took this to be a declaration of war and thought we were maliciously trying to destroy him and his game in the midst of him losing his Patreon.
I can accept that this could have been handled better from our side with better communication, poor communication is unfortunately a common occurrence due to the time constraints we face and workload. A team member later explained the situation and the misunderstanding, trying to rectify the situation. However, at that point it was too late, the community and moderators were already considered the big baddies, and any positive relationship was irrevocable.

Regarding the care package releases; all rule 7 decisions are meant to go via Staff, and unfortunately that didn't happen in this case. November was never posted on the site. December was posted, but was mass reported (by some of the same members who decided to fight the spam filter earlier, so I assume December's incident was another coordinated effort on their Discord). A new moderator unfortunately made a mistake on Christmas Eve/Day in light of the mass reports, and deleted it without alerting Staff. We missed this, again, Christmas didn't help, and only found out about it when January's release was leaked, upon which we rectified the mistake.

Despite all the drama, and some inevitable animosity now from our side, none of the moderation team blame Selebus. We're all well aware of the nature of the site and developers being frustrated and annoyed is completely understandable, and I don't offer any excuses for the piracy nature of the site. Regardless of any drama, we wish all developers with games on the site all the best with their development, and it's in everyone's best interests to support the developers who create the content they enjoy.

Anyway, thank you for listening to my ted talk. If you would like to fund the movie adaption, please support us on Kickstarter. $10k donations get producer credit and a 20 meter wide tapestry of this entire thread, signed by all of your favorite moderators.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I didn't intend to start a debate on Illusion and their copyright. I was just memeing and pointing out some hypocrisy. They don't really care and are focused on the Japanese market, so although it's against their EULA and copyright infringement, I can't see them caring about this game or any of the other western games using Illusion games for their renders.

Regarding F95 vs Selebus, gather around the fire and I'll tell you the tale, at least as I understand it.

He used to be an active member of the forums, was very positive regarding the community. Even before creating his game, he was an active member (pirate), and even donated to the site. Things started to change when his game got bigger, and things eventually came to a head when he got kicked off of Patreon.
A little while after starting his SubscribeStar he kept editing the OP to put banners about the situation and asking people to move over to his SS. His changes broke the rather delicate game thread parser, which latest updates and a few other site features rely upon, and there was already a smaller message about the move which didn't break everything, as well as ongoing discussion in the thread itself. So, his OP edits were reverted, with a note asking him to be careful about the thread template. He restored the edits, they were removed yet again with an official warning. He restored them once more, and this time his edit access was revoked to prevent further changes. He seemingly took this to be a declaration of war and thought we were maliciously trying to destroy him and his game in the midst of him losing his Patreon.
I can accept that this could have been handled better from our side with better communication, poor communication is unfortunately a common occurrence due to the time constraints we face and workload. A team member later explained the situation and the misunderstanding, trying to rectify the situation. However, at that point it was too late, the community and moderators were already considered the big baddies, and any positive relationship was irrevocable.

Regarding the care package releases; all rule 7 decisions are meant to go via Staff, and unfortunately that didn't happen in this case. November was never posted on the site. December was posted, but was mass reported (by some of the same members who decided to fight the spam filter earlier, so I assume December's incident was another coordinated effort on their Discord). A new moderator unfortunately made a mistake on Christmas Eve/Day in light of the mass reports, and deleted it without alerting Staff. We missed this, again, Christmas didn't help, and only found out about it when January's release was leaked, upon which we rectified the mistake.

Despite all the drama, and some inevitable animosity now from our side, none of the moderation team blame Selebus. We're all well aware of the nature of the site and developers being frustrated and annoyed is completely understandable, and I don't offer any excuses for the piracy nature of the site. Regardless of any drama, we wish all developers with games on the site all the best with their development, and it's in everyone's best interests to support the developers who create the content they enjoy.

Anyway, thank you for listening to my ted talk. If you would like to fund the movie adaption, please support us on Kickstarter. $10k donations get producer credit and a 20 meter wide tapestry of this entire thread, signed by all of your favorite moderators.
Pretty mature post. Good to see that at least some people nowadays are capeable of such.

While i do think this all goes a bit deeper, and i get both sides. The implications though, as i see them... I just hope it won't turn into a horrible backfire for some.

Black Raven

May 4, 2020
I don't think the drama can ever truly ends. Selebus will never accept losing money over the instant leaks that happens here and F95 will never stop or even delay the pirating. It's like Israël VS Palestine except infinitely funnier and with less dead people (i think).

Plot twist idea for the movie : Selebus and Sam are actually the same person with a multiple personality disorder. I don't know about y'all but i'd definitely watch that.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes