Chained20

Dec 12, 2021
I don't think the drama can ever truly ends. Selebus will never accept losing money over the instant leaks that happens here and F95 will never stop or even delay the pirating. It's like Israël VS Palestine except infinitely funnier and with less dead people (i think).

Plot twist idea for the movie : Selebus and Sam are actually the same person with a multiple personality disorder. I don't know about y'all but i'd definitely watch that.
id watch it

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I didn't intend to start a debate on Illusion and their copyright. I was just memeing and pointing out some hypocrisy. They don't really care and are focused on the Japanese market, so although it's against their EULA and copyright infringement, I can't see them caring about this game or any of the other western games using Illusion games for their renders.

Regarding F95 vs Selebus, gather around the fire and I'll tell you the tale, at least as I understand it.

He used to be an active member of the forums, and was very positive regarding the community. Even before creating his game, he was an active member (pirate), and even donated to the site. Things started to change when his game got bigger, and things eventually came to a head when he got kicked off of Patreon.
A little while after starting his SubscribeStar he kept editing the OP to put banners about the situation and asking people to move over to his SS. His changes broke the rather delicate game thread parser, which latest updates and a few other site features rely upon, and there was already a smaller message about the move which didn't break everything, as well as ongoing discussion in the thread itself. So, his OP edits were reverted, with a note asking him to be careful about the thread template. He restored the edits, they were removed yet again with an official warning. He restored them once more, and this time his edit access was revoked to prevent further changes. He seemingly took this to be a declaration of war and thought we were maliciously trying to destroy him and his game in the midst of him losing his Patreon.
I can accept that this could have been handled better from our side with better communication, poor communication is unfortunately a common occurrence due to the time constraints we face and workload. A team member later explained the situation and the misunderstanding, trying to rectify the situation. However, at that point it was too late, the community and moderators were already considered the big baddies, and any positive relationship was irrevocable.

Regarding the care package releases; all rule 7 decisions are meant to go via Staff, and unfortunately that didn't happen in this case. November was never posted on the site. December was posted, but was mass reported (by some of the same members who decided to fight the spam filter earlier, so I assume December's incident was another coordinated effort on their Discord). A new moderator unfortunately made a mistake on Christmas Eve/Day in light of the mass reports, and deleted it without alerting Staff. We missed this, again, Christmas didn't help, and only found out about it when January's release was leaked, upon which we rectified the mistake.

Despite all the drama, and some inevitable animosity now from our side, none of the moderation team blame Selebus. We're all well aware of the nature of the site and developers being frustrated and annoyed is completely understandable, and I don't offer any excuses for the piracy nature of the site. Regardless of any drama, we wish all developers with games on the site all the best with their development, and it's in everyone's best interests to support the developers who create the content they enjoy.

Anyway, thank you for listening to my ted talk. If you would like to fund the movie adaption, please support us on Kickstarter. $10k donations get producer credit and a 20 meter wide tapestry of this entire thread, signed by all of your favorite moderators.

I just imagine sam doing grouco marx gags with uppity devs dressed up as vaudevillians where he pretends to be accommodating but is really just trying to frustrate the crap out of them...
god speed.
(y)

Last edited:

LidTheStanker

Aug 8, 2017
I didn't know there was some kind of offensive lobbied against this site when I was making jokes about content distribution the other day and wanted to apologize for being part of it. I'm not in any discords and I am one of the thousands who would never know about any of these games if not for this site and forum. Hope things will chill out and we can talk about the good boobs

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Time to vent a bit after lurking here for a couple years and never posting.
Snip
I am in the exact same boat you are. His behavior has led me to stop supporting him, he's acting like a dickhead and a petulant child. I move my subscription from Patreon over to his gamepass thing so that he would get the most money from it, but his attitude became more and more combative that it's just impossible to want to support that right now.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I am in the exact same boat you are. His behavior has led me to stop supporting him, he's acting like a dickhead and a petulant child. I move my subscription from Patreon over to his gamepass thing so that he would get the most money from it, but his attitude became more and more combative that it's just impossible to want to support that right now.
Might want to update your 'supporting' thing on your account then, still displays Selly and his defunct Patreon account.

ComplexOne2

Jul 25, 2017
I didn't know there was some kind of offensive lobbied against this site when I was making jokes about content distribution the other day and wanted to apologize for being part of it. I'm not in any discords and I am one of the thousands who would never know about any of these games if not for this site and forum. Hope things will chill out and we can talk about the good boobs
I think the latest drama comes from Patreon exclusive content being leaked.

dathk321

Sep 5, 2021
Congratulations to the F95 moderation team for finally formally accepting the banging of cartoon minors!
I knew you guys could do it!

Here's a sneak preview from the next care package!

View attachment 2360798
Just log out for about 2 days and went back with some questions.
Can anyone explain why he posts this bc he usually posts this kind of information about the character on discord rather than on f95?
And can someone summary the drama for me too much comment :v

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Just log out for about 2 days and went back with some questions.
Can anyone explain why he posts this bc he usually posts this kind of information about the character on discord rather than on f95?
And can someone summary the drama for me too much comment :v

I didn't intend to start a debate on Illusion and their copyright. I was just memeing and pointing out some hypocrisy. They don't really care and are focused on the Japanese market, so although it's against their EULA and copyright infringement, I can't see them caring about this game or any of the other western games using Illusion games for their renders.

Regarding F95 vs Selebus, gather around the fire and I'll tell you the tale, at least as I understand it.

He used to be an active member of the forums, and was very positive regarding the community. Even before creating his game, he was an active member (pirate), and even donated to the site. Things started to change when his game got bigger, and things eventually came to a head when he got kicked off of Patreon.
A little while after starting his SubscribeStar he kept editing the OP to put banners about the situation and asking people to move over to his SS. His changes broke the rather delicate game thread parser, which latest updates and a few other site features rely upon, and there was already a smaller message about the move which didn't break everything, as well as ongoing discussion in the thread itself. So, his OP edits were reverted, with a note asking him to be careful about the thread template. He restored the edits, they were removed yet again with an official warning. He restored them once more, and this time his edit access was revoked to prevent further changes. He seemingly took this to be a declaration of war and thought we were maliciously trying to destroy him and his game in the midst of him losing his Patreon.
I can accept that this could have been handled better from our side with better communication, poor communication is unfortunately a common occurrence due to the time constraints we face and workload. A team member later explained the situation and the misunderstanding, trying to rectify the situation. However, at that point it was too late, the community and moderators were already considered the big baddies, and any positive relationship was irrevocable.

Regarding the care package releases; all rule 7 decisions are meant to go via Staff, and unfortunately that didn't happen in this case. November was never posted on the site. December was posted, but was mass reported (by some of the same members who decided to fight the spam filter earlier, so I assume December's incident was another coordinated effort on their Discord). A new moderator unfortunately made a mistake on Christmas Eve/Day in light of the mass reports, and deleted it without alerting Staff. We missed this, again, Christmas didn't help, and only found out about it when January's release was leaked, upon which we rectified the mistake.

Despite all the drama, and some inevitable animosity now from our side, none of the moderation team blame Selebus. We're all well aware of the nature of the site and developers being frustrated and annoyed is completely understandable, and I don't offer any excuses for the piracy nature of the site. Regardless of any drama, we wish all developers with games on the site all the best with their development, and it's in everyone's best interests to support the developers who create the content they enjoy.

Anyway, thank you for listening to my ted talk. If you would like to fund the movie adaption, please support us on Kickstarter. $10k donations get producer credit and a 20 meter wide tapestry of this entire thread, signed by all of your favorite moderators.

Reactions: DarkDaemonX

JohnnyRazer

Sep 15, 2020
I can relate to that too. I put the reading on pause during prologue rework somewhere around March and stopped reading this thread likewise, relying only on occasional discord announcements, but even there I could see the changes and they didn't attract me much. And now I intend to get back and see the (un)funny poster in Discord. Curiosity gets the better of me, so I go here and see this disgrace. Some feuds are fine and inevitable to exist, but this is just lame and unappropriate.

As much as I'm not fond of f95 community with it's heaps of brainless coomers, I also dislike zealous simps from echo chamber of Discord, who are doing no less harm to Selebus in the long run than so called "piracy" here.

It's certainly not the end of the world and I still like the game a lot, but... Eh. I'm just a bit dissapointed in the man, but at this point whatever happens, happens. Don't know what exactly changed Selebus, at least I'm glad that I never succumbed to the many honest urges of supporting him financially (thanks to burning previously on a certain monster girl dev, right, Redamz?)
Probably can sleep with a clear conscience after this.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Pretty mature post. Good to see that at least some people nowadays are capeable of such.

While i do think this all goes a bit deeper, and i get both sides. The implications though, as i see them... I just hope it won't turn into a horrible backfire for some.
The unfortunate part is that literally every single person involved, either in this thread or on discord, just wants a good game, and all we have to look forward to in future updates is more self-indulgent, immersion-breaking vitriol in the form of one of the characters going on another petulant fourth-wall-breaking rant to address more of the dev's personal grievances. I miss the pre-remake days :cautious:

ComplexOne2

Jul 25, 2017
The unfortunate part is that literally every single person involved, either in this thread or on discord, just wants a good game, and all we have to look forward to in future updates is more self-indulgent, immersion-breaking vitriol in the form of one of the characters going on another petulant fourth-wall-breaking rant to address more of the dev's personal grievances. I miss the pre-remake days :cautious:
It must be nice to believe something like this but you couldn't be further from the truth, atleast half the people who browse these threads leak the content to spite Sel at this point and people have been calling Sam's post "mature" but it's nothing but gaslighting and victim blaming, if they truly cared they would remove the latest releases and the care packages but they haven't and here we are, I don't expect anything to change in these threads, no matter how hard Sel and the discord homies try.

Well putting that aside there is something else I would like to comment on, for awhile now I've noticed people contiuing to say this place is responsible for 95% of the game's growth and sucess, a sentiment like that maybe nice for the pirates here to make themselves feel better about leaking exclsive content and what not but it's not true it's nowhere near true, it can't be denied that Sel DID come here at one point when Patreon was screwing him over and asked people to move over to SS, which people did at the time, but I honestly think some of you are coming across as very arrogant to say that you're "95%" reponsible for this game growth, I argue 45% is a much better percentage and even that may still be generous, keep in mind at the point the patreon stuff was going down Sel's discord was very active and clearly with everything going on lately it STILL is active and even without the discord, people still saw Sel's request to move over to SS through patreon itself.

Well, like I said before, nothing will change here, espically now that the mods don't care about loli content but it's still very fascinating to watch as this drama continues to unfold.

Last edited:

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I miss the pre-remake days :cautious:
He was doing this before remake as well. I remember seeing some new (at that time) happy scene, where the Narrator start going off about fan theories in a really annoyed, condescending fashion, basicity sayng that "u fucking stupids still talk about how all of this is simulation even thought the great I made it perfectly clear on several occasions that it's not the case, or something along those lines. Was really off putting then, makes sense now.

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Where those in the rework of ch1? Never replayed, so i guess i missed that. Only know that there is supposed to be something like that. Maybe i wouldn't even get it if i read it.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
It must be nice to believe something like this but you couldn't be further from the truth, atleast half the people who browse these threads leak the content to spite Sel
True. Remember when it wasn't the case at all? I do. What changed?

at this point and people have been calling Sam's post "mature" but it's nothing but gaslighting and victim blaming,
They called it "mature" because he attempts to explain the situation from both ends, give Sel some benifit of the doubt and take responsibility for some fuck ups on their end. Meanwhile Sel does fine straw man in his announcement section. What a victim, my ass.

if they truly cared
Sam is being all nice (-ish) here, but let's be honest: he likely doesn't give a fuck. Not in a malicious way, but in a "I have little emotional investment and even less time" way. There's perhaps something to be said about the consistentcy of enforcement of rules. I'm not privy to situation about loli content and i'm not sure how exactly it is being moderated, considering that "loli" tag exist. I will say that Sel does not have a moral grounds here, considering his own flip-flopping position on piracy and the fact that he doesn't actually own the assets he makes the game with.

Well putting that aside there is something else I would like to comment on, for awhile now I've noticed people contiuing to say this place is responsible for 95% of the game's growth and sucess,
I don't know about the real percentage, but it's not far from the truth. Thinking otherwise is being willfully ignorant, or indulging in self-delusion.

"95%" reponsible for this game growth, I argue 45% is a much better percentage and even that may still be generous, keep in mind at the point the patreon stuff was going down Sel's discord was very active and clearly with everything going on lately it STILL is active and even without the discord, people still saw Sel's request to move over to SS through patreon itself.
Either I misunderstood you, or you're confusing timeframes here. Usually, when people say this "95%" they talk about initial or overall growth. At the point where Sel were sending SOS here, game could grow on "it's own" without f95 contribution, that's true.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
atleast half the people who browse these threads leak the content to spite Sel at this point
Thousands of people browse this thread and 2-3 are leaking content. But it didn't use to be this way - back in the Patreon days, the number of patrons was similar, but updates used to take a few days to leak if they ended up leaking at all. I wonder what changed? :unsure:

if they truly cared they would remove the latest releases and the care packages and here we are, I don't expect anything to change in these threads, no matter how hard Sel and the discord homies try.
Care about what, Selly reaching his stated goal of making as much money as Summertime Saga? I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of even the less popular games on this site leak pretty quickly here, as sharing and talking about games is what this website is for. So what you want is the staff of this website to sacrifice the desires of their entire community for those of one single already-successful game dev, making an exception for this one game among thousands, because why? He's not making enough money to support all the overhead he has, being a staunchly one-man crew who doesn't even have to pay for assets?

I get that what Selly wants is this thread deleted, but he's being megalomaniacal and irrational, because all that would do is ensure his growth completely and permanently stagnated. Every time this thread pops up on the latest updates page, thousands of people who have never heard of it before get the opportunity to discover it for the first time. Thousands of people who played it or saw it pop up in the past are reminded of its existence. This thread has almost 6 million views. All of those eyeballs come with a conversion rate of people generous enough to support its existence through patronage, which is the only reason he's reached the level of success he has. There is no other place on the internet that offers this kind of exposure, especially for games as depraved as this one. It will NEVER be hosted on Steam or GOG or any other mainstream marketplace at any point in the future, because of both the subject matter and the fact that he doesn't own the copyright on the visual assets.

Well putting that aside there is something else I would like to comment on, for awhile now I've noticed people contiuing to say this place is responsible for 95% of the game's growth and sucess, a sentiment like that maybe nice for the pirates here to make themselves feel better about leaking exclsive content and what not but it's not true it's nowhere near true, it can't be denied that Sel DID come here at one point when Patreon was screwing him over and asked people to move over to SS, which people did at the time, but I honestly think some of you are coming across as very arrogant to say that you're "95%" reponsible for this game growth, I argue 45% is a much better percentage and even that may still be generous, keep in mind at the point the patreon stuff was going down Sel's discord was very active and clearly with everything going on lately it STILL is active and even without the discord, people still saw Sel's request to move over to SS through patreon itself.
Again - I'm interested in what the nuthugger perspective is for how else this game is going to be discoverable. How many people do you think talk to other people about the porn games they play, especially ones of this nature? How many have you, personally? I saw one guy in another game's thread talk about how he got his dad to play and support the game - do you think something similar has ever happened with this one?

Are there some other websites where this game has gotten even 1/10th the exposure it's gotten here? AFAIK, there's only Itch, who are beholden to Paypal and Stripe's content policies, who even you must realize would probably not be OK with processing payments for this game if they knew they were doing it. Luckily since no one here wants to actually harm a game dev, they are unlikely to for the foreseeable future, but that's the only real place this game has to fall back on if this thread goes away, AFAIK.

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
It must be nice to believe something like this but you couldn't be further from the truth, atleast half the people who browse these threads leak the content to spite Sel at this point and people have been calling Sam's post "mature" but it's nothing but gaslighting and victim blaming, if they truly cared they would remove the latest releases and the care packages but they haven't and here we are, I don't expect anything to change in these threads, no matter how hard Sel and the discord homies try.

Well, like I said before, nothing will change here, espically now that the mods don't care about loli content but it's still very fascinating to watch as this drama continues to unfold.
Ermm actually it's more like 100% of the game's growth and success

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes