KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Unless you are Rin or Otoha... maybe they get a happy ending. Selebus seems to favor them for some reason. They are the least 2 likeable characters (outside Osako). Where-as cool characters like Molly get a shitty story. <3 Molly.
molly is cool? I thought she was mainly sel's nerd mouth piece so he can talk about things not plot relevent in his life... but he does that a lot anyway with literally every other character so she probably is cool

I doubt Rin+Otoha is gonna survive Otoha's kiss with Niki, not after all the guilt Otoha has thrown at Rin just for having feelings. Personally I hope they can work it out though; I like Rin and her getting a chance at a throuple would be nice to see before everything goes Dark.

And yeah, we need more Molly. I quit the game for a year when I saw she didn't have any events after the Halloween incident.
I think it would be hilarious if Sensei banged Otoha before Rin.
I had hopes on Niki being just as bad a person as sensei and using her authority as her teacher to take advantage of her but then we got that shocked face pull back from Niki after the kiss. Was a let down. Mainly because I saw that as how Niki would try to lure Sensei into 'loving' her by being the more depraved option available and she would then string Otaha up with a bow served to Sensei for them both to play with. I mean it could still happen if Niki reflects on that moment and changes her mind. not enough has happened for that to be a completely dead possible plot line. Not much hope on my part though.

though the thing I'm still holding out on is when Rin finally has a mental breakdown after finding out about the kiss and runs to her floozy of a mom (that will kiss just about anyone with just a bit of booze) for parental comfort... only the mom has been drinking and fucks it up with the wrong kind of comfort :KEK:

edit: or Molly gets with Rins mom after both of them get drunk cause that would be hilarious in a black comedy way. Rins mom just says something that reminds Molly of Rin and she off loads her feelings into that moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alzheimer2010

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I mean it could still happen if Niki reflects on that moment and changes her mind. not enough has happened for that to be a completely dead possible plot line. Not much hope on my part though.
I really don't see it happening cause her reaction was pretty visceral and she was very "you're a god damn child ffs". Even if she thought that could give her an edge with Akira it doesn't mean she could stomach it, she's clearly not into sexing up the underaged let alone if she's even into girls.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Question time, cause i'm bored.

Who do you think is the most well written character? Not potentially counting Akira, and not who you necessarily like or hate the most, just the one with the most depth and complexity in their characterisation.

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
I am still playing catch up with only starting this game this week but I am in tears of laughter from the scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know this game is not all about laughs and some characters take a turn as I have seen in the comments about this in the past here but so far the characters in this game are really well done, it hard to say who I would put as best character for me but I am looking forward to meeting the rest, really enjoying this one for now at least.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
molly is cool? I thought she was mainly sel's nerd mouth piece so he can talk about things not plot relevent in his life... but he does that a lot anyway with literally every other character so she probably is cool

I think it would be hilarious if Sensei banged Otoha before Rin.
I had hopes on Niki being just as bad a person as sensei and using her authority as her teacher to take advantage of her but then we got that shocked face pull back from Niki after the kiss. Was a let down. Mainly because I saw that as how Niki would try to lure Sensei into 'loving' her by being the more depraved option available and she would then string Otaha up with a bow served to Sensei for them both to play with. I mean it could still happen if Niki reflects on that moment and changes her mind. not enough has happened for that to be a completely dead possible plot line. Not much hope on my part though.

though the thing I'm still holding out on is when Rin finally has a mental breakdown after finding out about the kiss and runs to her floozy of a mom (that will kiss just about anyone with just a bit of booze) for parental comfort... only the mom has been drinking and fucks it up with the wrong kind of comfort :KEK:

edit: or Molly gets with Rins mom after both of them get drunk cause that would be hilarious in a black comedy way. Rins mom just says something that reminds Molly of Rin and she off loads her feelings into that moment.
She's really just the overly exaggerated stereotype of people into anime, by which I mean that the stereotype itself is overly exaggerated from what we are actually like (mostly, will not contest that there are people who fit it), not Molly being the over exaggeration.

Who do you think is the most well written character? Not potentially counting Akira, and not who you necessarily like or hate the most, just the one with the most depth and complexity in their characterisation.
Have to go with Rin, as biased as that might sound considering I am a Rin fan. Her moments, you know the ones...Delirium, actually trigger emotional responses that are highly unusual for me in games. I am more often as cold and emotionless as Maya when in games, but those moments, and I do mean all of them, wouldn't let me do that and even broke me out of doing that for other characters across the game.

There are only two things that can get an emotional response out of me:
1. Things that are real and filled with emotion.
2. Fiction that is well written, skipping past my emotional detachment from fiction entirely.

LiL hit 2 in 0.8.0, which is when I started supporting it. In fact, that was the reason I started.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020

Outside of the aforementioned Maya, I think Rin and Noriko are both written pretty well. Rin is probably the most "teenagery" of them all, and Noriko does feel like she's living in the shadow of her sister.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of the characters are written very well, with their motivations staying in line with who they are over the updates. Makoto and Chika both have had some solid character growth.

Hot take but I don't know if I'd call Ami's character well progressed, in that her progression to Uncle Lovin' just comes out of nowhere (unless I'm mis-remembering, and I'm welcome to being corrected)

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

Yumi

That girl has so much damage, but her portrayal is consistent with that damage in a way that her archetype usually isn't.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Outside of the aforementioned Maya, I think Rin and Noriko are both written pretty well. Rin is probably the most "teenagery" of them all, and Noriko does feel like she's living in the shadow of her sister.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of the characters are written very well, with their motivations staying in line with who they are over the updates. Makoto and Chika both have had some solid character growth.

Hot take but I don't know if I'd call Ami's character well progressed, in that her progression to Uncle Lovin' just comes out of nowhere (unless I'm mis-remembering, and I'm welcome to being corrected)
She is part of the yandere vibes trio, the other two of which ended up being more or less false flags compared to her. Yanderes tend to go from 0 to 100 pretty freaking quickly (it is not uncommon for a yandere to be revealed to have had her feelings and acts build over time off screen, leading to sudden acts that seem to come from nowhere when they had been built up to out of our view), which is something we saw in early events for all three with Ayane's bathroom scene in the original beginning, Noriko taking the time she was supposed to be leaving to entice Sensei, and Ami with multiple things. While we haven't seen the most definitive sign of yandere from any of them, yet, probably dark route at the earliest, we have seen several things that fall in line, so I am willing to wager we might for once actually be looking at one.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
I find my strongest negative emotional reactions to characters are to the ones who bring other girls into the conflict. I don't mind the girls who have issues with Sensei (Yumi, Maya (especially before their true connection became clear), for example) - it's the ones like Kirin and Nodoka who fuck with the other girls that I really grow to dislike. I didn't like Yumi at first, not because of how she treated Sensei, but because of how she treated Futaba. Once Yumi apologized and stopped insulting Futaba, she became much better in my eyes, even if she still pushes Sensei away.

My strongest overall emotional reaction has been to Io - she's exactly the kind of girl I would have...not fallen for, really, but wanted to help/fix when I was that age. We'd have gone to the amusement park so fast...

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I find my strongest negative emotional reactions to characters are to the ones who bring other girls into the conflict. I don't mind the girls who have issues with Sensei (Yumi, Maya (especially before their true connection became clear), for example) - it's the ones like Kirin and Nodoka who fuck with the other girls that I really grow to dislike. I didn't like Yumi at first, not because of how she treated Sensei, but because of how she treated Futaba. Once Yumi apologized and stopped insulting Futaba, she became much better in my eyes, even if she still pushes Sensei away.

My strongest overall emotional reaction has been to Io - she's exactly the kind of girl I would have...not fallen for, really, but wanted to help/fix when I was that age. We'd have gone to the amusement park so fast...
Yeah, the Futaba thing did kind of start to trigger me after I started to be affected by the game emotionally since I have been in Futaba's shoes before, not for the same reason or hidden reason (we do in fact know Yumi didn't mean harm at this point, she just didn't know how to encourage Futaba at the time), which serves as a connection from real life.

Reactions: Wardtnaci

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

Since ppl have brought up the obvious choices like Maya, Rin, Yumi, and Noriko, I’m gonna go with Tsuenyo.

Not really sure if it’s bc she’s well written or not, but at least the girl cracked me up way more often than others (imo her unique way of funny is quite spot on)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Since ppl have brought up the obvious choices like Maya, Rin, Yumi, and Noriko, I’m gonna go with Tsuenyo.

Not really sure if it’s bc she’s well written or not, but at least the girl cracked me up way more often than others (imo her unique way of funny is quite spot on)
I do love me some Tsuneyo, but I have a very difficult time imagining how sex with her will go.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I really love characters like Yumi, Nodoka and Kirin, they help bring out facets of other characters, it's a shame most people only define then by their flaws, their emotional range hidden under layers of strong character and hard keep away mechanisms only further helps bring out other characters flaws, like how Makoto was prejudiced against Kirin, thinking she was a bimbo and then learning that Kirin is actually pretty inteligent and even reads psychology books and articles.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I really love characters like Yumi, Nodoka and Kirin, they help bring out facets of other characters, it's a shame most people only define then by their flaws, their emotional range hidden under layers of strong character and hard keep away mechanisms only further helps bring out other characters flaws, like how Makoto was prejudiced against Kirin, thinking she was a bimbo and then learning that Kirin is actually pretty inteligent and even reads psychology books and articles.
I could not agree more with this and I am one of those that has had a problem on an emotional level with events that occur because of their flaws (Futaba being bullied by Yumi, Kirin walking in on Ayane and pretty much holding her secret relationship with Sensei over her head, Nodoka for what she did to Yumi). These characters serve a very big purpose, highlighting good parts of others, giving rise to emotional attachment and reactions, as perpetrators or victims of the misfortunes that befall the cast, stuff like that.

Reactions: vehemental

Craigdon97

May 27, 2022
can anyone tell me the ways to break the world didnt know what it meant and it did it when i asked ami to call me daddy (forgetting her parents died) had to rollback cuz i felt super guilty lol

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022

Hard for me to decide between Yumi, Rin, Maya, Tsuneyo, Noriko, Sara, Maki, Yuki, and Wakana.

Characters that aren't that well written in my eyes:
Karin. As I perceive, Karin feels like she has almost no screen time, despite having one less event than the sum of Yuki's and Niki's (of course, I'm conveniently ignoring all the times they've appeared outside their events. Or how noteworthy occurrences were influenced/triggered by them). This is a shame since Karin is superior to Kirin in all aspects (IMO, one of the most attractive girls in LiL), except that Kirin makes for a more interesting character overall, at least as a source of conflict and themes. The plot currently demands Kirin more. I'd like to see Karin change and become more prominent. She's a side character among side characters.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes