DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yeah i dunno man, i do know autistics tend to go a bit overboard with diagnosing others with our particular brand of busted brain, seeing links and patterns where there aren't any so i'm inclined to think that's what's going on here, i could be wrong but it's really fucking rare for me to miss undiagnosed autism and i have a really good track record of identifying it, i've personally helped 4 undiagnosed adults discover their condition (3 men, 1 woman), all 4 later acquiring official medical diagnoses and i've yet to miss one that someone else detected so i'm pretty confident in my radar. Io just doesn't come across as autistic to me, but i could be wrong, you'd have to ask Selly if he intends her to be such and that he knows how to actually write one of us well enough to be accurate. I'm entirely unconvinced on all fronts.
What are your thoughts on Yasu when it comes to autism? And I mean the "normal" version that doesn't have her god in her ear.

Based off a few things, and stuff like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm assuming she's on the spectrum, but I'm not entirely confident in that due to the god stuff going on.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
What are your thoughts on Yasu when it comes to autism? And I mean the "normal" version that doesn't have her god in her ear.

Based off a few things, and stuff like this:
I'm assuming she's on the spectrum, but I'm not entirely confident in that due to the god stuff going on.
I genuinely don't see a single character having autism in this game. At all. It just doesn't fit the vibe of it in the slightest, it would feel weird and jarring (and not in the established way)

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Yasu is sensitive to supernatural stuff medium abused by god. I think real world diagnoses simply would not work with her

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I genuinely don't see a single character having autism in this game. At all. It just doesn't fit the vibe of it in the slightest, it would feel weird and jarring (and not in the established way)
The only one I'm thinking might, is Yasu, and mostly just due to how she seems to react to certain sensations and situations. Reminds me of someone I know who is diagnosed.

Then again, it could just be a coincidence or some god stuff.

Yasu is sensitive to supernatural stuff medium abused by god. I think real world diagnoses simply would not work with her
Fair point.

We might be seeing some of her past, pre god stuff, soon though, so that might give a better view at how Yasu really is.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
My only thought is 'nope'. There really isn't anyone in the game that gives me even partial vibes, everyone is either neurotypical, dealing with trauma/injury, or just has a bit of an atypical personality.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
My only thought is 'nope'. There really isn't anyone in the game that gives me even partial vibes, everyone is either neurotypical, dealing with trauma/injury, or just has a bit of an atypical personality.
What would you consider "vibes" if you don't mind me asking?

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
What would you consider "vibes" if you don't mind me asking?
Autistic behaviours or perceptions, interpreting signals through an autistic filter, recognizing patterns others miss or where there aren't any, biased interpretation of information due to overconfidence in known areas vs rational patience for only building theory off of facts, not conjecture, recurrent errors in logic due to 'not even knowing what you don't know'. The list goes on, vibes is just shorthand for picking up on things that are common with autistics. The more things i pick up on, the more i start to wonder about a person and start actually looking for clear flags.

Also, i tire of talking about this. No offence but i'm just too tired and disinterested to go back and forth.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Kaori has brain damage
Ami has something on the cluster b spectrum
Molly is Molly
Kirin is probably cluster b too

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Professional Takes:
Tsuneyo has Noodle-brain.
Noriko is Lovesick.
Sekai had Atheism.
Sensei has Ephebophilia.
Kaori is a Zombie.
Ami is Innocent.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
]lots of her "hasn't worked the way it's supposed to".
Leaving out the "since I was little" seems like a major oversight.

The way she says it, it implies that those parts of her worked fine, up until they didn't.

Either her trauma shut those parts of her down, or the medications she was put on to treat that trauma did. Most likely a combination of both.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Since Yasu "hears God and The World" in her head she'd probably be diagnosed with schizophrenia in the real world. Maybe the flashback is about that, her taking anti-halucinogic drugs.

Reactions: Riolol

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Since Yasu "hears God and The World" in her head she'd probably be diagnosed with schizophrenia in the real world. Maybe the flashback is about that, her taking anti-halucinogic drugs.
That's what makes Yasu hard to diagnose, in the real world you would just assume she is a schizophrenic who had been convinced the voices in her head were from god and the dead. Add in the sexual aspect of her cult and you would assume she was being groomed. The fact that gods are confirmed to be real in this world makes it far less simple.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Leaving out the "since I was little" seems like a major oversight.

The way she says it, it implies that those parts of her worked fine, up until they didn't.

Either her trauma shut those parts of her down, or the medications she was put on to treat that trauma did. Most likely a combination of both.
"Major oversight" seems like an exaggeration. I was using her description, not the time period.

There's also how Io implies that "trauma-less Io" still has problems:
Which would make a relationship with Sensei "never work".

So, I don't think all her issues come from trauma. I also don't think it's been implied that the medications actually cause her problems either.

In otherwords: By "since I was little" she could just be trying to be vague. Io doesn't actually seem to want Sensei to know her secrets.

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes