JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
You overestimate time spent to grinds. You only have to play ~500 generic events during full walkhrough, which can be done in a hour. It is boring, but would not significantly affect total game time

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Maybe she knew broken Makoto would basically r*pe Akira? Still messed up any way you slice it. We all knew Sekai was a terrible person though.
Actually, in retrospect, Sekai may have even persuaded Makoto to use Sensei.

Makoto seems to think "the world" was speaking to her in "White Oak Doors":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Actually, in retrospect, Sekai may have even persuaded Makoto to use Sensei.

Makoto seems to think "the world" was speaking to her in "White Oak Doors":
Hmm, maybe Sekai needs people to be "broken" in order to influence them which is why she was exited.
Kaori is already pretty broken so that fits too. Although I still quite like the transplant theory.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Bingoogus Just out of curiosity, how far are you into your replay, and how much time would you guess it's taken you to get that far? Are you playing any certain way (good/bad uncle, etc), and did you use URM to skip the affection/lust grind?
Ok well according to my first post about starting to replay it was jun 5th then i have been playing for 15 days and just hit the scene where Noriko gives Sensei the box of letters. I've been playing about half of the time i've been awake which is hard to calculate since my sleep is literally all over the place and of random lengths so i'm not even going to try, and i've been playing without the grind and using the guide mod for quick navigation. Just playing to see everything again so the intended route.

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
This game certainly foreshadows a lot early on. Even in a conversation with Maya, the word "Perception" is foreshadowed as being of great importance. Maybe I'm just paying a lot more attention the 2nd time around.
Sel did say Perception is a Core Theme of his work just last night, so makes sense

Reactions: saerav

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That 'my word is law' bit is sprinkled around a bit more in the game, noticed it a few times during my replay so far. Just small things like 'lying to me is bad' 'do as i tell you' 'don't argue'. I don't remember the specifics, but each one has stood out to me as "that's another grooming technique reference/clue" each time i've seen one.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That 'my word is law' bit is sprinkled around a bit more in the game, noticed it a few times during my replay so far. Just small things like 'lying to me is bad' 'do as i tell you' 'don't argue'. I don't remember the specifics, but each one has stood out to me as "that's another grooming technique reference/clue" each time i've seen one.
Yeah, it really goes to show just how effective she was at, well, what she did.

Also, it makes Sensei more or less begging Ami not to try to be like her mom, a little heartbreaking.

As Sensei puts it:
Ami is "chasing after something she doesn't want to find".

To Ami, everyone loved her mom:
Especially Sensei. What she doesn't seem to actually know, is why.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
With more of her menacing side getting revealed as the game progresses, I am starting to think perhaps Sensei’s brother Nozomu wasn’t as mentally fucked up when alive or from the beginning (as least not as fucked up as the entity now we know as HOPE).

I vaguely remember an event (can’t recall which one) hinting that Sekai was always like this, as her grooming and everything stemmed from her own original personalities and not a product of being with Nozomu.

Now with Mama’s Girl describing him as “normal” (with Ami’s hesitancy) and “next to mom, no one could ever looked good. Not his fault”, maybe Nozomu was also a kind of victim of Sekai, who tainted both Arakawa brothers.

Reactions: Riolol
4.20 star(s) 298 Votes