saerav

Jun 8, 2017
What are the scenes I should pay attention to in regards to the "Upside Down House" that few people mention in this thread? I must've totally missed that "theme" in my first playthrough

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
What are the scenes I should pay attention to in regards to the "Upside Down House" that few people mention in this thread? I must've totally missed that "theme" in my first playthrough
It kind of just shows up every once in a while, but hasn't been explained.

Kirin's 'Bye Bye, Boner" event and Futaba's 'Upside Down' event, seem to be it's main appearances. However, it shows up quite a bit during resets, around Nodoka, seems related to Sensei's mom Saki and maybe Sekai, and typically when people, for whatever reasons, mention drawing something, it seems to be related. It's kind of just scattered throughout and it's more recent appearance seems to be in Nodoka's 'Lavender' event.

More or less, if a television is involved it'll likely be related. If someone weirdly mentions a house, or lavender, or a boiler room, or anything upside down, it's probably related. What it all means? Not really sure.

Reactions: saerav

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Why is this part gated behind amifingered?
View attachment 2722707
My best guess is that Ami, not being fingered, seems to be bad for Sensei in the grand scheme of things, and having less Shapeshifter lore is likely one of the things that makes it bad.

We have her hint that her name is hilarious:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and her name seems to be something that is notably important, considering she's hiding it.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hmm i just woke up, so im not sure of this.
Do we know if Nozomu was even a teacher? I just cant remember it right now.
Like, we know about Sekai, sure, but Nozomu?
I think it's just a theory. Don't really recall his profession being revealed, but it's also not like he comes up much and there's like 40+ seemingly notable characters, so it's possible I overlooked it.

Kagitane

Feb 8, 2021
Back to the theory that all girls are Sensei's daughters. I don't believe in this but I think the lineage issue is really important to the plot. So, what if all the characters do share a common ancestry, but at a rather weak level? Let's say all the characters had one original ancestor (god?) and it is because of their partial divinity that they can be named characters in Kumon-mi, have the potential to survive resets, and also attract the attention, one way or another, of the current gods.
But they are all on different levels because after a lot of years and generational changes, most families' bloodlines have become too diluted, which is why they have become "blind" and weak in relation to most things in Kumon-mi. In contrast to this, the Arakawa and Sakakibara families have saved much more and because of this they can see, hear and feel the true essence of things (I also think that they are much more influential and less defenseless to mysticism than they show us - I believe that they just don’t know how to show their abilities ).

Edit: This can also explain why the main and side characters are "immortal", while the same cleaners or Makoto's father are quite mortal.

I think this possibility is more plausible.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
i really need a pdf with the lore cause holy shit am i behind someone hook me up

also waiting on someone to clean june care package in case of DRM dropping hopefully soon?
I've wanted to do something like this for a while now, a carefully documented profile for each character's traits, potential motives and every evidence related to resets, gods, blackouts, upside down house, even evidence of their views of other characters, etc..., to support theory crafting but that would take a lot of time... Plus I don't really like chapter 1

1804maya

Dec 23, 2021
Most of the game tends to be lore, tbh. Might wanna be a little more specific.
oh yeah i meant like an iceburg type thing where the top is confirmed things or almost 100% correct things and as you get down it gets to the shadier not connected lore.

also tbh just need someone to help me catch up on lore events from like 0.28 cause thats where i last cared about lore

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes