idiotamerican

Aug 18, 2018
anyone have a .31 full save? my backups are incompatible for some reason. can't read back the thread without hitting spoilers. thanks

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
That also assumes she literally answered what he asked.
That is how people answer questions usually. Also, Noriko says "you disappeared once before then, too", which to me sounds like she's talking about the second disappearance, rather than about accidental encounter after said disappearance.

Still, I take your point about weekends and Thursday, it does create room for doubt - perhaps their last actual meeting was not the usual tutoring. It may be somewhat of a special day of a week, given the game begins on Thursday.

Crazynutso

Sep 13, 2022
Are all the care packages on the first post cleaned/free of DRM? Do we still need the DRM remover?
Friend, all the 'care packages' are is really kinda lame DVD extra crap. I could understand wanting to install them if you paid for them, but otherwise? That's just crazy. Also, yes, probably filled with DRM. Can also cause crashes if you paid for them and don't install them just right.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Friend, all the 'care packages' are is really kinda lame DVD extra crap. I could understand wanting to install them if you paid for them, but otherwise? That's just crazy. Also, yes, probably filled with DRM. Can also cause crashes if you paid for them and don't install them just right.
Yeah, honestly, if you give half a shit about these extras you can see about 90% of what's on offer just by looking at the files directly, and the other 10% is just dialogue written in Renpy script. I get you might want the authentic experience but if you're so thirsty for it then just follow the guide.

Personally wish the damn things didn't exist just so we wouldn't have a slow but constant trickle of folks stumbling in asking about them. If they were even remotely worth it i'd happily put up with it but they're not, so it's just fuckin' annoying.

Kagitane

Feb 8, 2021
Hey guys, I was just thinking and maybe Yumi actually got the money from Tsukasa. They just went to pay for the damage Yumi had done to the equipment and staff :LOL:

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
Do we know the exact date when Sekai and Nozomu died btw? I can't remember it but I know it has to be at least after Maya's birthday.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That is how people answer questions usually. Also, Noriko says "you disappeared once before then, too", which to me sounds like she's talking about the second disappearance, rather than about accidental encounter after said disappearance.

Still, I take your point about weekends and Thursday, it does create room for doubt - perhaps their last actual meeting was not the usual tutoring. It may be somewhat of a special day of a week, given the game begins on Thursday.
Yeah, "usually" doesn't mean always. Meaning it's an assumption. That is without taking into account that Noriko was overwhelmed by her emotions when she said this. We also don't know the full story about the bus as it got redacted, so Sensei not seeing her then, is an assumption as well. (Albeit so is him seeing her.)

Sensei technically only disappeared on Noriko once (twice, if you consider the bus thing). They still saw each other after the accident, when he first "disappeared", as like she said he wasn't opposed to seeing her:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but he actually disappeared on her later on due to Maya presumably. That could be what she was referring to. Noriko did also say:
"find you again", after she mentioned the last time she saw him, implying she had been referring to a time she had found him.

Also this:
5 years ago was when Maya entered the picture, I suspect, or close enough. She and Noriko immediately started competing and bickering.
Doesn't really fit imo, since Noriko said Almost 5 (not actually 5):
and has implied that they were being tutored at least by 10:
Noriko is 16
so almost 5 years ago, she'd likely be around 12, maybe 11. Not to mention "been later" implies she's referring to after it already happened, not when it started.

There's also stuff like Noriko implying she was tutored since she was 6:
and that Maya showed up a short period of time afterwards:
seemingly immediately making things difficult for Noriko:
In other words, it seems like Maya was likely close to 7 or 8 when she started being tutored, and their "bullshit" started around 7 years ago give or take.

Overall: It doesn't really fit the presumed timeline. Of course, I could be wrong, as that could be intentional. It's been implied that not everything that we've been told or shown is true:
There's also likely more to the story with Maya and Noriko that simply hasn't been revealed yet.

I definitely don't think the Bus story is just filler though. It also easily explains why she said Thursday. I think there just being a special tutoring day on a school day for their last meeting is quite a stretch. Especially since Noriko claims:
Thursday could definitely be an important day though.

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
Has there been any reveals about the significance of the letter T? It comes up quite a lot. I think i remember it being the first letter of someone Sensei was an old friend, but later on he seems to hate that latter possibly due to association with that person. What with the whole... people's names not actually being the names Sensei sees them as, it's hard to guess who it might be, but with the naming convention my only guess would be possibly Tsuneyo's father?

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
Has there been any reveals about the significance of the letter T? It comes up quite a lot. I think i remember it being the first letter of someone Sensei was an old friend, but later on he seems to hate that latter possibly due to association with that person. What with the whole... people's names not actually being the names Sensei sees them as, it's hard to guess who it might be, but with the naming convention my only guess would be possibly Tsuneyo's father?
I always figured it was referring to Sekai, before Sensei remembered her properly she always appeared as "Teacher", and in the ABC song that plays in Something Everyone Knows and Ignores, the letter T word is censored but based on the context it would make sense for it to be "teacher".

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
I always figured it was referring to Sekai, before Sensei remembered her properly she always appeared as "Teacher", and in the ABC song that plays in Something Everyone Knows and Ignores, the letter T word is censored but based on the context it would make sense for it to be "teacher".
Ah, that does make a lot of sense. It didn't even cross my mind that the word might not even be a name directly. Thanks!

Reactions: DeSkel15

idiotamerican

Aug 18, 2018
Did you use the guide mod? If you did you need to install it to use your saves.
i do indeed. the error i get is

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/script.rpy", line 1: expected statement.
    79 6F 75 20 77 6F 75 6C 64 6E 27 74 20 64 6F 77 6E 6C 6F 61 64 20 61 20 63 61 72 2E 2E 2E

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
i do indeed. the error i get is

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/script.rpy", line 1: expected statement.
    79 6F 75 20 77 6F 75 6C 64 6E 27 74 20 64 6F 77 6E 6C 6F 61 64 20 61 20 63 61 72 2E 2E 2E
Translating the Hexadecimal code suggests you got hit with the DRM wiping your saves. Did you download and add the care packages to the game from here without clearing the DRM as instructed in the OP? Also the DRM wipe needs to be done after every update.

FYI the Hexadecimal code translates as 'you wouldn't download a car...'

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
There's also stuff like Noriko implying she was tutored since she was 6
She couldn't have been tutored since six, since Sensei left Niki ~eight years ago, when Noriko was 8-9. Which, well, doesn't leave a lot of time for Noriko to be accepted back into Sensei's life, spend some time being tutored mostly on her own, then have Maya appear, them and Sensei spending time together and the disappearance if said disappearance happened almost five years ago.

Still, it's something to consider.

Mori Enjoyer

Apr 7, 2023
Anyone know why Sensei's brother would be mad at Sensei for exclaiming this? Seems like Ami was old enough or that it left enough impressions at the time for her to bring it up. This from Chapter 1 Event;

Can't really think up of anything other than googling "symbolism and meaning of Cherry Blossoms." Seems like a weird thing to get 'really angry' about. Nozomu (his name?) and Sekai were both 'married/together' and that the age gap was pretty huge (i think?) between Sekai and Sensei to when she started doing her funny business with Sensei. Is it an immature thing to get angry about? Jealousy? Or just information eventually gonna be revealed?

I don't really want to assume anything like Nozomu had a feeling of him being cucked by his younger brother or something else entirely. I guess the other thing being the choice of wording on Ami's side and just me having tunnel vision to a piece of dialogue with not that much significance.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
She couldn't have been tutored since six, since Sensei left Niki ~eight years ago, when Noriko was 8-9. Which, well, doesn't leave a lot of time for Noriko to be accepted back into Sensei's life, spend some time being tutored mostly on her own, then have Maya appear, them and Sensei spending time together and the disappearance if said disappearance happened almost five years ago.

Still, it's something to consider.
Not necessarily. The accident isn't exactly 8 years ago. Niki said last 8 years:
and recently seemed to compare it to almost a decade:
So, It's likely close to 9 years ago. (It'd explain why Ami was apparently seven):
We don't have an actual date for the accident, even if I do think it's likely the day they visit the graves, or a date where he actually ghosted Niki.

Then there's how Noriko has likely recently became 16, and could have been close to 7 when she was actually tutored. Still, technically 6 though.

We aren't given specific dates for the tutoring (like most things), so the time period is hard to place.

We're also not explicitly told Sensei was a tutor only after the accident or after leaving Niki, as far as I can recall, so he could have started tutoring Noriko just before the accident happened, then resumed it after a break. Based off how Niki was the one who told her family about Sensei's tutoring:
It seems to be a thing he was doing before he started ghosting her.

Also Noriko didn't really need to be accepted back into Sensei's life. Like she said:
In theory, the accident actually brought them closer together soon after it separated him from her sister. Then a short time later, Maya showed up.

Of course, this is all estimation. The actual timeline for these events is purposely murky, and a lot happened.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Anyone know why Sensei's brother would be mad at Sensei for exclaiming this? Seems like Ami was old enough or that it left enough impressions at the time for her to bring it up. This from Chapter 1 Event;

Can't really think up of anything other than googling "symbolism and meaning of Cherry Blossoms." Seems like a weird thing to get 'really angry' about. Nozomu (his name?) and Sekai were both 'married/together' and that the age gap was pretty huge (i think?) between Sekai and Sensei to when she started doing her funny business with Sensei. Is it an immature thing to get angry about? Jealousy? Or just information eventually gonna be revealed?

I don't really want to assume anything like Nozomu had a feeling of him being cucked by his younger brother or something else entirely. I guess the other thing being the choice of wording on Ami's side and just me having tunnel vision to a piece of dialogue with not that much significance.
Sensei seemed to consistently bring up what his brother's wife smelled like, around his brother.

It implies that Sensei spent a lot of time with Sekai (enough to recognize her scent), and would fantasize about her in front of her husband. I definitely think it was likely a jealousy thing. The "cherry blossom" part is likely only important because that was Sekai's scent.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

I mean I'd be some level of angry too if my little brother sniffed my wife from time to time and had the audacity to actually tell me about his afterthought, no matter how little the rascal is.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018

When Ami was old enough to pick up on this, Akira would have been late teens or early twenties. That's old enough for him to be a genuine threat. Also, Akira and Sekai's relationship had been going on for about ten years, Nozomu might have noticed enough by this point to at least be suspicious.

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes