BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Okay, but why are there so many versions of Maya? Like, usual Maya, Long Maya, Moyo and that one Maya with numbers instead of name (not long one).
A theory of mine is that, not forcebly in that order, Long Maya might be an offspring of Akira and Maya, with Moyo being an offspring of long Maya and Akira. With Ma(o)ya(o)naise being what comes out of Moyo in the future.
Since those Mayas seem to be related to Hope, maybe it is gathering an army? to battle the other gods? Who knows.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That's weird, during my replay last month i bemoaned the loss of the first h-scene with Makoto but i found it in the deleted scenes on the computer... except it's gone now.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
That's weird, during my replay last month i bemoaned the loss of the first h-scene with Makoto but i found it in the deleted scenes on the computer... except it's gone now.
Didn't replay the redone chp1 and most probably will not. But i've seen alot images here that makes me think if Sel is secretly redoing other stuff. And i don't like retcons. Went through Room With Clocks for datamining and i don't really like it.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Book 9 titles in Life of Prizes (based on your choise in Spotless Mind):
Callous: The Lust Eater
Calm: The Wire God
Concerned: The Dark
Interesting, I had just thought that the Dark was related to the second god due to it apparently being in a dark room:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But the Dark being the Concerned domain might explain a few things. Definitely going to have to replay after this next update.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Attention: English is not my native language, so it's little complicated for me to write sentences in English. Though I can understand you all very well. So, be aware of bad English moment in this wall of text.

Okay, but why are there so many versions of Maya? Like, usual Maya, Long Maya, Moyo and that one Maya with numbers instead of name (not long one).
There are two possibilities for the various Mayas.

1) Aside from the actual student named Maya, they're all psychological constructs in Akira's head. Long Maya appears to be middle aged, and represents his desire to grow old with her. Moyo is a dessicated corpse, and represents his fear of her dying. Numbers Maya (the numbers spell out AmIOkay in hexidecimal, btw) I'm not sure about (I'd need to replay the happy scenes), and the warehouse full of Hanging Mayas would indicates that she exists in his every thought. This explanation would require all the various gods to be metaphorical concepts in Akira's head rather than literal beings.

2) If they're literal beings -- Maya tells the story of the celestial princess and the mortal she falls in love with on her birthday date with Akira. This might be a literal story. She, Long Maya, and Moyo might form a trinity, and she might have abandoned her post to be with Akira. That's why her past prior to meeting Akira is so mysterious to everyone. When she did this, she was a child, so we had child, mother, and crone (similar to the Greek Fates), and now her post is empty (the empty chair in the talk show segment). This gives very strong Wings of Desire (German film) and City of Angels (American remake of wings of Desire) vibes, where an angel falls to earth to be someone they've fallen in love with. AmIOkay appears to be being punished by the Angels for something, possibly this abandonment of her post, and the warehouse of Mayas could mean that the Mayas are trying to figure out a way to create a replacement for her.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Which one are you referring to?

Mine still has two; one is fondling/fingering, the other is fingering/bj (I also checked my v0.28 copy and these two are there as well)
1690465294407.png
I love Dangerous Words by the by; HOT :love:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Which one are you referring to?

Mine still has two; one is fondling/fingering, the other is fingering/bj (I also checked my v0.28 copy and these two are there as well)
View attachment 2804045
I love Dangerous Words by the by; HOT :love:
Yeah i see those two, but there was 3 when last i played... i know there was cause i specifically went looking for it after seeing the revamped version to compare and clearly remember laughing my ass off all over again when he whips it out and Makoto just stares at it in shock.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fdsasdf_p

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
Okay, I wanted to hold off on making this post until I was done with the replay. I'm kind of mid-way into the winter season right now, but I'll just post some interesting tid bits that I've been thinking of so far lore wise:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Something I've been thinking about is Nao-chan's eyes: how true or confident is the statement "Her eyes resembles Amy's and Maya's"?

That's a fair assumption for the characters, but at the same time we also have Sekai and a tons of Maya variants. So what are the odds of those eyes belonging to more otherworldly beings like, for example, Sekai and amiokay? (or the original Maya if such entity exists). Personally I think Sekai x Maya already sounds like a decent combination.

At the end of day it matters little who's eye is that if we don't even know what Nao-chan can or will do, but I guess I just have a hunch that Ami may not be as involved in the matter.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Something I've been thinking about is Nao-chan's eyes: how true or confident is the statement "Her eyes resembles Amy's and Maya's"?

That's a fair assumption for the characters, but at the same time we also have Sekai and a tons of Maya variants. So what are the odds of those eyes belonging to more otherworldly beings like, for example, Sekai and amiokay? (or the original Maya if such entity exists). Personally I think Sekai x Maya already sounds like a decent combination.

At the end of day it matters little who's eye is that if we don't even know what Nao-chan can or will do, but I guess I just have a hunch that Ami may not be as involved in the matter.
Well Sekai's and Ami's eyes share the same color so there wouldn't be any difference. Plus I feel like if his first impression of Nao-chan is "Her eyes resembles Ami's and Maya's" then the statement must be correct. It was something so similar that he felt the need to comment about it first after all. At this point there's so little we know about Nao-chan to even make a good theory.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Okay, I wanted to hold off on making this post until I was done with the replay. I'm kind of mid-way into the winter season right now, but I'll just post some interesting tid bits that I've been thinking of so far lore wise:

I think you are right about Sensei's episodes happening since the accident, iirc Ami says so in Mama's Girl.

Reactions: rianzz and saerav

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I kind of just realized nobody really talked about the possibly shapeshifting entities mentioned by Amy:
This on top of the Shapeshifter, we know of, implying there are other shapeshifters:
It makes me wonder if anyone in this game is actually "human", or are simply shapeshifting entities that think they are.

There's also Nao-chan who seems to be some kind of amalgamation of a couple girls, so maybe some shapeshifting entities are even experimenting, and Kumon-mi just so happens to be the controlled environment they chose to do it in.

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020

Honestly this story about how guy in early 20s gets abused for life, then gets traumatized by the death of a loved one to result in early dementia with hallucinations which is just shrugged off by people around him so that he dies by having an episode just in front of said people is heartbreaking. I can see it being a plot of a movie which results in you crying at the end or something

Last edited:

saerav

Jun 8, 2017

Also; I'm not so sure anymore that Yasu is a messenger of "HOPE". Wouldn't this line contradict that idea, as, for as far as we know, he is the oldest "god"?

1690496737773.png

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

Also; I'm not so sure anymore that Yasu is a messenger of "HOPE". Wouldn't this line contradict that idea, as, for as far as we know, he is the oldest "god"?

View attachment 2805167
To make matters more complicated, here is a quote from literally Armor of Older Gods, something we still don't a good understanding about what everything means.
1690498670163.png
Perhaps HOPE is an incomplete version, or a reincarnation, or maybe an iteration of the horny ball of light, so in a technical term HOPE is not the oldest.
Or it can be in a literal sense that the first god was the one that created humans, but still there are something that predated his existence.

Anyway you'll probably continue to find more lines here and there seemingly contradicting each other because we don't know the full picture of anything (not even 25% I think). For now I kinda take a step back to just acknowledge the sexually malicious nature of her god, and not trying to figure out who or what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: saerav

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

View attachment 2805167
Not exactly, it's possible that HOPE is actually the youngest. Although the Ball of Light is assumed to be the first, the Second god, can also be assumed to be the first apparently:
Then there's the third god which is mostly unknown, but could even be the "first" since nothing is really known about it. It's all mostly meant to be hearsay.

There's also how Nozomu/Hope apparently died, yet is still alive somehow. Based off Yasu's church being known as the Church of New Hope, it could be that HOPE is a New version of Nozomu. A younger version of an older god.

There's also maybe even 9 gods now, if we take the 'From the desk of the Ninth god' thing literally. The first 3 also may have been one god, which would make that one god older than the 3 we know. So, the older gods could actually be far older than the 3 gods we know.

Overall: It's overcomplicated and might be all bullshit, anyway. The Narrator/Narrators could have simply been lying to us about the gods. Of course, Yasu could also have been lied to. Or everyone is lying:

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes