DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Because it is all the same question. How do you define actualy happens/exists?

So you mean that everything actualy happend in the game is "real"? Isn't it same as "what you see on-screen is real"? I told you, it is a useful one.

It is not simple. Actualy, you haven't constructed a definition which would say that Sensei actualy exists yet.

Also, definitions of reality IRL are complex AF and require lots of ad-hoc axioms to the point when question "is something real" looses both its meaning and possibility of answer, so it would be strange if it would became simple when applied to denpa fiction.

The realy simple way is to use stupid definition and correct it from time to time

I am not focusing. I am suggesting the only thing I find reasonable.

You know, there is no reason to discuss reality of something at all. Theory might be true despite it's hypotesis might be not real and vice versa, because theory is true when it predicts the future (i.e. what we would see), but not when it says what is real and what is not.

But if you are going to discuss reality, you should be able to explain what do you mean by "real", because otherwise the simple answer is "nope, this is fuction, it is obviously not real". You can mean by "real" litterally everything, from "It is real if it could be IRL" to "It is real because it was said by narrator" and I can mean by "real" exact opposite thing so there is basicaly notthing to discuss unless you state what did you actualy mean by "real"

Last part is always the worst :( Good news no discussion would survive 0.36

Is that penis realy big or it is just Sensei's dellusion?
Hm, if you really need me to break it down then think of it like this:
  • Reality is what Actually Exists.
  • What Actually Exists is what defines Perception.
  • What defines Perception, is Reality.
Basically: What exists for your Perception to exist, is Reality.

Those who think Perception is Reality, are ignoring that Perception is merely how one interprets Reality. Perception itself is merely a part of Reality, as are we.

In this game, what is Reality is what Sel deems it to be. We merely use the logic within it to decipher what is intended to be considered reality within.
Sensei being a pedo = logical.
Sensei being pregnant with Haruka's child = Illogical.
Sensei having reality altering dick size powers = Unclear.
Rin rolling a 5 = Damn near guaranteed.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's been brought up before, but hasn't been discussed recently, but Maya has multiple meanings -- one of which is "that which is not," a concept from Hindu. Some aspects of the Hindu concept of Maya overlaps heavily with Paredolia. THus when I said last week that Maya was an illusion -- I wasn't entirely joking. It is very possible that Maya is something (or someone) else entirely, and Sensei was perceiving her as a normal teenage girl, and that the cliffhanger at the end of the last update was the veil being lifted from Sensei's eyes and him seeing the truth.

Under some interpretations of Maya, reality itself is an illusion, a hallucination or illusion driven by a universal subconcious concensus. White Wolf Game Studios played with this concept heavily in the 90s versions of their tabletop RPGs -- the Ravnos vampire clan could manipulate the Maya, and the core conflict of Mage: the Ascension was control over the universal subconcious concensus that defines "reality".

The more Sel leans into Paredolia, the more I think that this has some legs.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
It is very possible that Maya is something (or someone) else entirely, and Sensei was perceiving her as a normal teenage girl, and that the cliffhanger at the end of the last update was the veil being lifted from Sensei's eyes and him seeing the truth.
I don't know why else this gives me so much agony now and I seriously don't know why.

Reactions: Yarazin and rianzz
Mar 3, 2019
The final version cards 2023
A MANDATORY fix from the Ami Fix folder must be installed by everyone who has installed it before.
Rin has been corrected
Chika has been corrected
Otoha has been corrected
Sana has been corrected

Mega
I understand these are completely different contexts, but it still feels so weird to read "X person has been corrected" without the lil angry emojis. It might be too late for me.

Also, thanks for all the hard work with the cards!

• Haha
Reactions: wewladdy

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
In this game, what is Reality is what Sel deems it to be
Oh, simple, in this case everything is real
We merely use the logic within it to decipher what is intended to be considered reality within.

Sensei being a pedo = logical.
Sensei being pregnant with Haruka's child = Illogical.
Sensei having reality altering dick size powers = Unclear.
Rin rolling a 5 = Damn near guaranteed.
Do you imply that sensei being pregnant with Haruka's child cannot be "real"?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
It's been brought up before, but hasn't been discussed recently, but Maya has multiple meanings -- one of which is "that which is not," a concept from Hindu. Some aspects of the Hindu concept of Maya overlaps heavily with Paredolia. THus when I said last week that Maya was an illusion -- I wasn't entirely joking. It is very possible that Maya is something (or someone) else entirely, and Sensei was perceiving her as a normal teenage girl, and that the cliffhanger at the end of the last update was the veil being lifted from Sensei's eyes and him seeing the truth.

Under some interpretations of Maya, reality itself is an illusion, a hallucination or illusion driven by a universal subconcious concensus. White Wolf Game Studios played with this concept heavily in the 90s versions of their tabletop RPGs -- the Ravnos vampire clan could manipulate the Maya, and the core conflict of Mage: the Ascension was control over the universal subconcious concensus that defines "reality".

The more Sel leans into Paredolia, the more I think that this has some legs.
Ironically, in Japanese, Maya can apparently mean "Truth", "Reality", "Genuine", depending on the Kanji. Same with Maaya.

Both "Maya" and "Makinami" also happen to be the names of Japanese Warships. I can't help but wonder why Sel chose to give her the name "Maya Makinami" in particular.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Oh, simple, in this case everything is real

Do you imply that sensei beingpregnant with Haruka's child cannot be "real"?
More like "nothing is real" and "everything is connected".

Also, No. I even joked about it earlier:
You know... if it turns out Sensei gave birth to Nao-chan who is his and Haruka's child, I'm going to have to sit down and contemplate life a little.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
He just wanted his own shipgirl.
The thing is that even though he makes her suffer like hell she can still be that since Selly has serious problems and can do that to someone even if he likes her hahahahaha (Yes, I don't trust anything I said, I just wanted a reason to offend Selly and not make it seem like it was wrong)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
The thing is that even though he makes her suffer like hell she can still be that since Selly has serious problems and can do that to someone even if he likes her hahahahaha (Yes, I don't trust anything I said, I just wanted a reason to offend Selly and not make it seem like it was wrong)
Sel considers Ayane like a daughter, and she's been traumatized over and over... So, yeah, you're probably not wrong.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pedro4545454

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Sel said he loves us all in the beginning of thegame, do you think he lied?
Hm, the real question:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Btw, Personally, I think it might have been the Shapeshifter that was the first Narrator. Apparently, they were chosen:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It also just "sounds" like her to me. Could be wrong though.

Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
IMO like half the joy of making characters is putting them through hell. The more you love a character, the more you'll inevitably drawn to making them suffer. I honestly think that's one of the most normal things about Sel, actually. If anything, I think he's pretty gentle. Maya's so broken the worst of the worst doesn't really affect her anymore (she's basically only scared of losing sensei as far as I can tell), Ayane is strong willed and adaptive enough to bounce back given enough time and sensei, Rin has a tight nit support network, and so on.

Actually, thinking about it I think the character he's meanest to is Kirin lol. Where most other characters goes through much worse then her, they also have something that helps them keep going, be it personal resilience or friends they can rely on. Kirin meanwhile has Miku and maybe Makoto as of recent events, but I think her personality keeps her from even trying to rely on others. I think the way every problem builds up against her without a real outlet is probably a good amount of what makes her the way she is. Maybe she'll chill out if she can get to the point where she can actually talk to Noriko again

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes