barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The next thing is the despawning itself. Last time it happened to Tsuneyo in TH15 15NT M3, and more previously to Kaori in Wither. Both events, as well as the rest of the strange things that took place in Tojo Raman (Things Like Stairs and Blackout), came with electric blackouts. At this point it is safe to assume that these electric blackouts are byproducts of god’s work, like drawing immense power through the wires to achieve specific divine goals.
I don't think she despawns. I think she teleports to exactly where she needs to be (like right behind Sensei and Yuki when they're about to intrude into her father's room)

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
I've been thinking, how do you manage to "redeem" the MC? Like obviously, redemption would entail not screwing underage girls, but doesn't that kinda go against the entire point of the game? In a way, "redemption" is never starting the game in the first place, but again, I doubt anyone will accept an ending akin to "it was all a dream."

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
I've been thinking, how do you manage to "redeem" the MC? Like obviously, redemption would entail not screwing underage girls, but doesn't that kinda go against the entire point of the game? In a way, "redemption" is never starting the game in the first place, but again, I doubt anyone will accept an ending akin to "it was all a dream."
A very good question. I don’t think Sensei can ever be completely redeemed, because obviously the sins of his past will always remain. However, redemption is possible in the loose sense of the word when he’s finally able to strengthen his resolve, take a hard look at his past along with the horrible things that happened, and acknowledge them.

Akira couldn’t even remember his own name for an entire chapter or even Sekai’s face because he intentionally suppressed the trauma it brought him. Something that Niki helped him overcome in “The End of the Tour (Glasswalker)”. Still one of my favorite events in the entire game btw.

Yes, he was hated by his mother. Yes, he was groomed by Sekai. Yes, he ran out on Niki without saying a word after Sekai’s death. Yes, he repeated the cycle of grooming with his students like Sekai did to him. All of this happened.

But Akira’s problem right now is that, while he knows what he does is wrong, he almost never makes any active effort to become someone better. And when he does make an effort to become better, the gods are there to remind him that he’s their puppet to use as they see fit, whether he wants to be or not.

So to recap: I don’t believe Akira’s slate can ever be wiped completely clean, but he can at least gather the strength within himself to break the cycle of trauma and abuse, and become a better man for it. To do this, though, the gods must be dealt with somehow, some way.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
A very good question. I don’t think Sensei can ever be completely redeemed, because obviously the sins of his past will always remain. However, redemption is possible in the loose sense of the word when he’s finally able to strengthen his resolve, take a hard look at his past along with the horrible things that happened, and acknowledge them.

Akira couldn’t even remember his own name for an entire chapter or even Sekai’s face because he intentionally suppressed the trauma it brought him. Something that Niki helped him overcome in “The End of the Tour (Glasswalker)”. Still one of my favorite events in the entire game btw.

Yes, he was hated by his mother. Yes, he was groomed by Sekai. Yes, he ran out on Niki without saying a word after Sekai’s death. Yes, he repeated the cycle of grooming with his students like Sekai did to him. All of this happened.

But Akira’s problem right now is that, while he knows what he does is wrong, he almost never makes any active effort to become someone better. And when he does make an effort to become better, the gods are there to remind him that he’s their puppet to use as they see fit, whether he wants to be or not.

So to recap: I don’t believe Akira’s slate can ever be wiped completely clean, but he can at least gather the strength within himself to break the cycle of trauma and abuse, and become a better man for it. To do this, though, the gods must be dealt with somehow, some way.
Agreed, in order for him to have any semblance of redemption he would need to get away from the influence of the gods (and Sekai's ghost). He did at least try as you said so there may be some hope there when this is all over.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I don't think he's going to be redeemed at all. In fact, I suspect the "purity" endings may exist to redeem each of the girls from the downward spiral he's dragging them down.

This update showed that most of the girls are spiraling the drain without him. They need him, and considering the kind of man he is, that's dangerously unhealthy for all of them.

The most recent reset showed how this plays out. He ends up alone and miserable. That's his finale. That's his penance.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I don't think he's going to be redeemed at all. In fact, I suspect the "purity" endings may exist to redeem each of the girls from the downward spiral he's dragging them down.
As far as I remember it has been said several times that the pure endings will focus on Akira getting with each specific girl on the chosen route and having special sex scenes for each of them, so your logic doesn't make sense.

Edit:It's not to sound rude or arrogant, it's just a reminder.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Canonically speaking the Lessons in Love universe has ghosts, aliens, higher beings that can manipulate reality, talking plants and whatever the fuck Big Boy is. At this point Sel should just add Pokémon so Sana could get to fulfill her fantasy. I don't think anybody would be surprised if we saw a Garchomp somewhere in the background.

Last edited:

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Guys, I hate to admit it… but I have one of Good Kid’s songs stuck in my head now. “First Rate Town” it’s called. The music really didn’t fit the update imo, but I won’t deny it’s kinda catchy.

Damn you, Sel! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: DeSkel15

Dc345

May 27, 2020
I still have doubts about those aliens actually been real.
I mean there is a space war and if they aren't fighting aliens are they fighting space itself? And if that's the case I suddenly don't feel so bad for Maki and Makoto if their loved one got murdered by a black void of nothingness.

Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021
So far the girls that Akira has stopped himself from moving forward in the relationship are Imani, Kaori, Molly (because of the trauma he had in chapter 2) and Rin from what I remember,

Rin even pointed out that Akira could have made her fall in love with him several times but he didn't.

What is so unusual about these girls that makes Akira avoid being with them?
dont forget about yumi. even though he kissed her once, and blacks out with her around alot, he is very surprisingly adept with holding himself back. i will say that he probably will stop holding himself back with almost if not all of these girls this chapter.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I mean there is a space war and if they aren't fighting aliens are they fighting space itself? And if that's the case I suddenly don't feel so bad for Maki and Makoto if their loved one got murdered by a black void of nothingness.
Is there a war? We have never seen it. And if you look at what we know of this space war, it seems again just be a a convinient explanation why there are barely any men in the city besides akira. Well that and the wall. Only that the wall in context of the space war only makes sense if you dont think about it.

I still hope that the whole space war/wall doesnt end in some sort of dark city plottwist. And outside of the wall there is nothing but space and the whole city has just been created or removed from earth completely and all those gods are basically just the aliens who have won the war long, long ago and are now just fucking with what is left of humanity. especially maya and akira for some weird reason.

Unseenatlas

Jan 23, 2021
Is there a war? We have never seen it. And if you look at what we know of this space war, it seems again just be a a convinient explanation why there are barely any men in the city besides akira. Well that and the wall. Only that the wall in context of the space war only makes sense if you dont think about it.

I still hope that the whole space war/wall doesnt end in some sort of dark city plottwist. And outside of the wall there is nothing but space and the whole city has just been created or removed from earth completely and all those gods are basically just the aliens who have won the war long, long ago and are now just fucking with what is left of humanity. especially maya and akira for some weird reason.
its basically sel's plot point of why there are so few men in the story. chances are, while its "real" it will have no real affect on the story other then having a male dieI(like maki and makoto case)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
You know, ironically, Noriko did imply the space war was an economic thing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It'd be kind of neat if the "gods" were just fighting eachother over space and resources in this reality, in the background. Using characters they don't need (like most men), as tools against eachother.

Considering Kumon-mi and The Pareidolia Mall seem to be living things, that grow, change, and bring things in, then there being some kind of space/resource issue wouldn't be too surprising.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
its basically sel's plot point of why there are so few men in the story. chances are, while its "real" it will have no real affect on the story other then having a male dieI(like maki and makoto case)
But you see, the death of maki's husband didnt affect the story at all. Just the fallout it caused did.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
You know, ironically, Noriko did imply the space war was an economic thing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It'd be kind of neat if the "gods" were just fighting eachother over space and resources in this reality, in the background. Using characters they don't need (like most men), as tools against eachother.

Considering Kumon-mi and The Pareidolia Mall seem to be living things, that grow, change, and bring things in, then there being some kind of space/resource issue wouldn't be too surprising.
Mashiro got murdered by numbers?! That's even worse than getting killed by space itself.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes