DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, has Selebus ever commented on a love for spider girls ever? I'm trying to decide if the early game associations between spiders and sexuality are intentional, there's something weird and psychosexual going on that's maybe slightly subconcious, or I'm reading into things too far and it's just as simple as ""gross" animal + sex = ick"
But my sample size is that one happy event (you know the one), the first futaba H scene, and Sana decorating her room with spiders.
There's also Kaori. There might be something there with the weird Sekai stuff going on with her, but also if it's more of a psychological thing Sel really likes Kaori and her tattoo is literally on her cleavage.

I'm also beginning to wonder if arthropods have significance in general. Butterfly imagery is common in really prominent ways (hairpins, memories), Imani seeming to be a bit of a bug nerd. Also again the way they're used for grossout moments in happy scenes. There's also a recurring fly motif going on in a couple early New Hope Cathedral events, right?
Spiders seem related to Pareidolia aka the Concerned god. Kaori seems to be it's Mistress and the Queen of Spiders. The Concerned Book 9 in the Life of Prizes Reset was called "The Dark" and had a spider mentioned. Then during the last Halloween and Reset, which was under Pareidolia's control, it seemed to mention Sensei was caught in it's web, and spiders would later be shown crawling around the bullets:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Butterflies and most other insects seem related to Sekai as she seemed to love bugs, and mentioned them in her poetry. She also usually wears a butterfly hair pin which Imani, and sometimes Touka wears.

Futaba was actually reading a book with a Butterfly on it, last we saw her:
There's also a vast association with eggs, so maybe it's about things that come from eggs? Butterflies could double as beautiful things that emerge once they shed their skin (which is what Akira is told to do), and the rest are maybe the example of bad things that come from that? Sekai's tongue feels like a slug, and she laid disgusting things inside of him. On the first happy event, Akira crawls out of Am I Okay's vagina, and so do the spiders.

The animal with Nodoka and Makoto seem to be a bird though, so maybe there's no deeper meaning to spiders themselves outside of him thinking it was fitting for that specific scenario, feeling or god.
The egg stuff may be referring to Spider Eggs. A spider lays eggs which creates more spiders. A predator grooms a victim which creates more predators.

Spiders are venomous little predators that capture unsuspecting victims that are usually smaller, then inject them with their venom, and devour them while they struggle to even struggle. They also prefer the dark.

Somewhat fitting considering Sensei, which may be why he crawls out of the same hole as spiders in 'The Room With Clocks' Happy Event. That hole which happened to belong to a victim of his, that he "feasted" on and may have "laid eggs" in.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I know we give Nodoka a lot of shit, but I'll be damned if I didn't laugh with her introduction lol

Also, stuff I didn't remember about Nodoka - she's apparently from out the barrier (???) [EDIT: nevermind, I now understand that's what they call the outermost part of the city but still inside the barrier], and also from her first meeting perhaps knows Akira's name?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vizer007

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
The egg stuff may be referring to Spider Eggs. A spider lays eggs which creates more spiders. A predator grooms a victim which creates more predators.

Spiders are venomous little predators that capture unsuspecting victims that are usually smaller, then inject them with their venom, and devour them while they struggle to even struggle. They also prefer the dark.

Somewhat fitting considering Sensei, which may be why he crawls out of the same hole as spiders in 'The Room With Clocks' Happy Event. That hole which happened to belong to a victim of his, that he "feasted" on and may have "laid eggs" in.
I find this rather insightful, thank you.

Reactions: DeSkel15

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So maybe this is how Otoha knows about Sekai?

Nodoka says her main interest in incest, Otoha seems to be a shotacon/brocon - she goes to Nodoka for inspiration for songs, Nodoka tells her to read Sekai's stuff. Then it would stand to reason that Nodoka knows that Otoha knows of Sekai, because she herself recommended the poems, and Otoha used them in her songs. I mean, it seems plausible.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You know, in the multitude of infinite universes, there is one universe where Akira got over Sekai, learned to be healthy again and isn't interested in teenagers at all. And in that universe, he's having the perfect life:

Although, to be fair, Kaori alone would already make it pretty close to perfect.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
You know, in the multitude of infinite universes, there is one universe where Akira got over Sekai, learned to be healthy again and isn't interested in teenagers at all. And in that universe, he's having the perfect life:

Although, to be fair, Kaori alone would already make it pretty close to perfect.
And in this universe, would Kaori still be mentally... ehm... unusual? Because that is what prevents me from actually wanting any sexual content with her. It just feels... not okay to me when i am not even sure if she understands what this even means.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
And in this universe, would Kaori still be mentally... ehm... unusual? Because that is what prevents me from actually wanting any sexual content with her. It just feels... not okay to me when i am not even sure if she understands what this even means.
I mean, she has said multiple times she's heavily physically attracted to him. Neurodivergent people can have romance in their lives too, and I'd assume if he wasn't going around with 35 people she'd have more time together to "learn" about those feelings too. And for all Akira is, he has never once taken advantage of her so not only would they have sexual content, most likely it would be initiated by her.

In our universe it would probably just be her being a tool for Sekai though. And replaying the game I'm not too sure she wasn't sort of Sekai from the start too - the scene when they go meet the chickens is very telling. Her personality shifts, Akira remembers Pareidolia from his childhood, and the world breaks so hard Wires (?) has to reset.

Reactions: Squalicorax

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I mean, she has said multiple times she's heavily physically attracted to him. Neurodivergent people can have romance in their lives too, and I'd assume if he wasn't going around with 35 people she'd have more time together to "learn" about those feelings too. And for all Akira is, he has never once taken advantage of her so not only would they have sexual content, most likely it would be initiated by her.
Well if you dont have a problem, good for you. But i will probably never stop thinking that she is more like a child as the wizards in that regard. I mean it doesnt really helps that it is implied that the attraction comes from the woman inside her and not herself.

And just to make this 100% clear, i wont judge anyone for having no problem. But for me this is really a line that i hope wont be crossed. Even when i already know how futile it is to have any hope about that.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Well if you dont have a problem, good for you. But i will probably never stop thinking that she is more like a child as the wizards in that regard. I mean it doesnt really helps that it is implied that the attraction comes from the woman inside her and not herself.

And just to make this 100% clear, i wont judge anyone for having no problem. But for me this is really a line that i hope wont be crossed. Even when i already know how futile it is to have any hope about that.
That is not implied though. You're focusing on Sekai taking hold of her to kiss Akira, in that sense it is implied yes. But from the time Akira meets Kaori way in the beginning (in chapter 1) and has a date with her, she starts to mention multiple times that she is physically attracted to him. That's not Sekai, that's just Kaori.

Now, obviously people may not be okay with having sex with multiple people for multiple reasons - so I'm not judging no one's personal opinions on if they (players) would or would not any character whatsoever. Haruka cheats on her husband, Sara is in constant denial about her son's death and coping with sex and alcohol, Maki has a very specific sexual past - one could find any of these to be a dealbreaker. But, as Kaori, they're all adults. And as all of the above, Kaori also has special circumstances.

I personally don't agree with her being a kid, she suffered a heavy trauma and that has affected her brain, and yet she's able to function, has multiple jobs, provides for herself and learns to live her life and better herself despite her disability. If she were to ever want a romantic relationship, to deny that based on "no, you have a disability and therefore any romantic relationship with you is a line that should not be crossed even if consensual" to my understanding would just be prejudice.

I would not like for her to be taken advantage of, on that we can all agree - but for a person with a mental disability be denied romance when they can take care of themselves, understand and set their boundaries (which she has done in relation to intimate relationships many times over) doesn't make sense for me.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
That is not implied though. You're focusing on Sekai taking hold of her to kiss Akira, in that sense it is implied yes. But from the time Akira meets Kaori way in the beginning (in chapter 1) and has a date with her, she starts to mention multiple times that she is physically attracted to him. That's not Sekai, that's just Kaori.

Now, obviously people may not be okay with having sex with multiple people for multiple reasons - so I'm not judging no one's personal opinions on if they (players) would or would not any character whatsoever. Haruka cheats on her husband, Sara is in constant denial about her son's death and coping with sex and alcohol, Maki has a very specific sexual past - one could find any of these to be a dealbreaker. But, as Kaori, they're all adults. And as all of the above, Kaori also has special circumstances.

I personally don't agree with her being a kid, she suffered a heavy trauma and that has affected her brain, and yet she's able to function, has multiple jobs, provides for herself and learns to live her life and better herself despite her disability. If she were to ever want a romantic relationship, to deny that based on "no, you have a disability and therefore any romantic relationship with you is a line that should not be crossed even if consensual" to my understanding would just be prejudice.

I would not like for her to be taken advantage of, on that we can all agree - but for a person with a mental disability be denied romance when they can take care of themselves, understand and set their boundaries (which she has done in relation to intimate relationships many times over) doesn't make sense for me.
The problem with Kaori is that there is probably nothing you could do with her that would not be taking advantage. So if somebody has to do it...

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Speaking of knowing Sensei’s name, I remembered feeling a little bit off hearing Osako also referring to him as “Sensei”. She is one of the few who has almost no reason to call him by that, especially during a private conversation with Wakana. But alas, calling him "Arakawa" is appropriate but slightly distant, and calling him "[REDACTED]" feels even weirder (like giving too much role to an inconsequential lesbian type of feeling).

Perhaps this is a continuation of Sensei introducing himself as "Sensei" to Wanaka during their first meeting, and these two simply roll with it ever since and never care enough to find out. I guess it isn't easy to come up with a nickname name other than "the creepy dude" or "Ayane's dad" for Osako to casually referring to Sensei, and neither of those sounds proper in this conversation.
1715606804571.png
also I can't stop seeing that lamp as a purple jelly fish; I need some eye rest...

Last edited:
Reactions: Apollo259

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Man, I really forgot how wild this first halloween party was.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Speaking of knowing Sensei’s name, I remembered feeling a little bit off hearing Osako also referring to him as “Sensei”. She is one of the few who has almost no reason to call him by that, especially during a private conversation with Wakana. But alas, calling him "Arakawa" is appropriate but slightly distant, and calling him "[REDACTED]" feels even weirder (like giving too much role to an inconsequential lesbian type of feeling).

Perhaps this is a continuation of Sensei introducing himself as "Sensei" to Wanaka during their first meeting, and these two simply roll with it ever since and never care enough to find out. I guess it isn't easy to come up with a nickname name other than "the creepy dude" or "Ayane's dad" for Osako to casually referring to Sensei, and neither of those sounds proper in this conversation.
View attachment 3630351
also I can't stop seeing that lamp as a purple jelly fish; I need some eye rest...
I think it's more of an Osako thing? Because she gets introduced to him first, and they banter about how while in the dojo she should be sensei, not him. But Ayane keeps going, so she probably just got to call him Sensei anyway.

Now, my personal opinion, I get the feeling that she just doesn't really care about him (or doesn't grant meaning to which name she uses)? Wakana cares a lot about him, clearly seen from when he comes back to school. So it stands to reason that Osako would have no real motivation to change his name (even after knowing), whereas Wakana is ever on this path of trying to meddle in his life. He's not just Sensei to her, he's Arakawa, her coworker, friend, closing to obssession, and who knows what else soon (and calling him Arakawa also links it to Sekai and Ami).

Now, what doesn't make sense in this story, of course - is why people haven't been calling him Arakawa from the start, since he'd be Arakawa sensei, not Akira sensei anyway (just as Wakana isn't Wakana sensei, but Otabe sensei). But we'll gloss over that, and finish by saying that I'm looking forward for when Wakana starts calling him Akira (if ever).

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
All I know is while Nodoka is still surfing at the bottom of my "like" meter - Ami has absolutely dumpstered through that floor.

Still trying to get out of the reeds of whatever the chapter 3 ending mess was about though I guess it's safe to say that the loss of Maya really was a terrible mind-fucking issue for Akira.

Real heartbreaking seeing how all the girls are trying to cope with it too :(

Edit: Crap, I seem to have messed up an Ami event? Didn't even realize I missed one as I've been following the guide closely but I guess I missed something.
1715620158264.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 297 Votes