Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Who really is Sekai? Like she can't be normal...
tbf few adults in this game are normal. but if you mean the original alive Sekai, she was a deeply malevolent predator, and possibly broken person (we don't know her past or general life outside of Akira yet). The ghost/angel/god/something current Sekai we have no idea.

I currently debate with myself if it would be more interesting to find out that Sekai was a victim at one point too, or that she really just was this naturally fucked up individual. Hoping we find out one day.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
I currently debate with myself if it would be more interesting to find out that Sekai was a victim at one point too, or that she really just was this naturally fucked up individual. Hoping we find out one day.
I believe that Sekai was a victim as well at one point. We don’t have evidence yet to support this, but I just have a feeling. Abuse is often part of a tragic cycle that is passed down from generation to generation, until someone is finally brave and strong enough to break out of its oppressive chains.

“It’s all part of a cycle.” That’s been quoted in the game on numerous occasions, right? Maybe there’s more to that than meets the eye. Maybe it represents not the cycle of the resets, but the cycle of abuse.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I believe that Sekai was a victim as well at one point. We don’t have evidence yet to support this, but I just have a feeling. Abuse is often part of a tragic cycle that is passed down from generation to generation, until someone is finally brave and strong enough to break out of its oppressive chains.
Sometimes, but not always. Sometimes, they're just a sociopath.

But I do suspect that we'll find that she was abused, likely by a religious figure, and that trauma will likely help explain why so much of the fuckery in this game is couched in divine terms.

Oct 1, 2023
tbf few adults in this game are normal. but if you mean the original alive Sekai, she was a deeply malevolent predator, and possibly broken person (we don't know her past or general life outside of Akira yet). The ghost/angel/god/something current Sekai we have no idea.

I feel like Sekai is just part of Akira's imagination

Dec 18, 2020
I feel like Sekai is just part of Akira's imagination
Well, then Ami his schizo daughter/niece ghost as well xd

But I understand what you mean, considering the event in which Akira fingered Sana he was talking with Sekai right before this, but Sana didn't see anyone. YET, we know Sana can see supernatural shit, so it is likely Sekai is really just part of his broken mind.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
But I understand what you mean, considering the event in which Akira fingered Sana he was talking with Sekai right before this, but Sana didn't see anyone. YET, we know Sana can see supernatural shit, so it is likely Sekai is really just part of his broken mind.
That's just one Sekai though. There's the Sekai with Kaori, there's the Sekai Yasu meets, the Sekai that possesses Makoto and Futaba to the threesome, possibly the Sekai that talks to Ami, HOPE saying he can bring back a Sekai Akira can make pregnant, there's the many different mentions of "the world itself" talking to people...

I have seen more to suggest that Sekai exists than that she doesn't. But if there is a middle ground, maybe it is that something exists, and that Akira perceives it as Sekai? I haven't reached the second reset yet in my replay, but so far a lot seem to suggest that Akira is way more in control of things than I had thought, so maybe he can influence the others too (withholding that one for now cause it's clashing from what I remember about current developments).

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

It seems like Sekai was just unable to find happiness by normal means:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Until she fell for Sensei, and eventually had Ami. They seemed to make her happy.

The Sekai(s) roaming around, though, are another story. They may be like Nao and possibly sadistic:
At least one seems to care about Sensei and Ami, though. Albeit, they may have also murdered Yumi, and some plants after they talked shit about Nao-chan.

Oct 1, 2023
Well, then Ami his schizo daughter/niece ghost as well xd

I was about to write that event as evidence and you beat me to it. I think I still need to clarify a bit what I meant.

Sekai was a real person that existed, she is the one who abused Akira and likely made him become the same as her, then she died.

The Sekai that Akira keeps seeing are just hallucinations of his broken mind, he is so far gone that he is probably a schizophrenic as well.
It is already established that if the world is fucked and if there is something supernatural going on, everyone can see it. Maya and Ayane saw the world being distorted which means it's true. Even Yumi and Tsuneyo saw the world being reset before their mind was wiped which means that everyone can see if something supernatural is happening before their eyes.
But in the nurse's room, when Sekai was talking to Sensei, Sana couldn't see her, she just saw Akira talking to himself, and this is despite Sana also hearing things and having similiar problems as Akira does.

Ghost Sekai is just a part of a sick man's mind, and it makes sense if the gods can see her too because they can see inside Akira's mind as well. Maybe she was implanted there by one of the gods, maybe not, but she isn't real.

Regarding the Sekais that appear in front of others that are not Sensei, they are probably doppelgangers taking on the form of the person that can fuck the most with Akira, but SEKAI herself is long dead.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Regarding the Sekais that appear in front of others that are not Sensei, they are probably doppelgangers taking on the form of the person that can fuck the most with Akira, but SEKAI herself is long dead.
Except the Sekai that appeared in front of Yasu wasn't seen or heard by Yasu, she only saw the stuffed rabbit Sekai was carrying, and Akira wasn't in that scene to see it.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It is already established that if the world is fucked and if there is something supernatural going on, everyone can see it. Maya and Ayane saw the world being distorted which means it's true. Even Yumi and Tsuneyo saw the world being reset before their mind was wiped which means that everyone can see if something supernatural is happening before their eyes.
But in the nurse's room, when Sekai was talking to Sensei, Sana couldn't see her, she just saw Akira talking to himself, and this is despite Sana also hearing things and having similiar problems as Akira does.
I think there is plenty of evidence against such a clear-cut answer. Perception is one of the most recurring themes of the supernatural events. Maya says everyone sees things in different ways, and it has been shown that even if supernatural things are happening, people can see them in different ways. In the first part of the game, Yumi saves Akira from stepping into the static, and she certainly wasn't seeing any static. When he first sees Yasu, she's seeing him with someone that he isn't capable of seeing. There's an event where Kaori ignores Maya so hard it borders on her not seeing Maya at all. After her first confession, Rin starts hearing the clocks (presumably from the room with the clocks) and starts dreaming about multiple cycles, but instead of being on Akira's perspective, it's with hers and she keeps resetting until she finds a world where Chika loves her (and no one can hear or dream these things but her).

We could spend a long time listing randomly picked events where all sorts of characters see or perceive things different from how the others see them. What I mean by that is: Simply stating that because only Akira sees a specific supernatural event one way, and others see it in a different way (or at all), should not be enough to conclude that it isn't happening.

I think a more sensible answer is that we can't say for certain yet.

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Oh going back to something from chapter 3 but uh - as morally fucked as it is, man the "scum" event with Haruka and Sensei agreeing to tag team the girls was...yeah where's plant 7 when I need him to summarize for me. "Finna get wet bro"

Reactions: Squalicorax

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
Okay, I'm nowhere near deep enough into the meta-plot going on to comment on the theories going around this thread, but has anyone remarked on this yet?

Leoxsama

Jun 26, 2017
From the event "Try. Try. Try." we can see that not all that is paranormal can be seen by everyone:
View attachment 3632471
This honestly lends credence to the idea that this world is all virtual and/or can be explained with real world logic and there is no supernatural bs going on. I'm much more of a fan of mystery stories that have a bunch of shit that seems supernatural at face value until it's revealed later on that's anything but. It's also a good challenge for the writer to try and explain all the seemingly supernatural bs that happens using real world logic or speculative science.

EDIT: It's even more of a challenge to do that with a denpa vn of all things.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020
Okay, I'm nowhere near deep enough into the meta-plot going on to comment on the theories going around this thread, but has anyone remarked on this yet?
I guess we just don't talk about Kaori that much, you know? She's a bit of a mess, and it's hard to really figure out what she's saying sometimes. But yeah, that scar is probably from surgery after a car accident a long time ago when her parents died. But I don't really remember Kaori situation, so I may be wrong.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Kaori was in a wreck, and seemed to require "spare parts".

Coincidentally, Sekai also was in a wreck and had certain parts of her still functional afterwards.

The theory is that Sekai's functional organs are in Kaori. Hence the scar on her side, and presumably the spider on Kaori's chest hides a scar. Kaori also apparently has a certain soft spot that is dangerous to touch.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Who really is Sekai? Like she can't be normal...
She can. Well, she obviously was broken beyong repair and did horrible things, but she isn't necessary worse then, idc, Haruka.

My favorite theory is that Sensei's sexual attraction is a sort of divine intervention, so every single women in his life was attracted to him. His mother just became distant, but the root cause of Sensei and Sekai relationship was said divine intervention, not Sekai's perverted nature itself. She just haven't stop when she should have to. Something like that

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes