DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
... What is this upside-down house everyone mentions here ...
... What does is symbolize ...
I'm not entirely sure.

It seems to be related to Futaba and Nodoka, as Futaba's Chapter 1 'Upside Down' Event more or less introduced this "Upside Down House" through a notebook that was apparently from someone in it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Albeit, it seemed to have multiple narrators. Meanwhile, Nodoka has seemingly drew this house in her Chapter 2 'I See Everything' Event:

Ami may have as well in Noriko's 'I Really Want to Stay at Your House' Chapter 3 Event:
If you're not fucking her.

Presumably, it's also related to Sensei's and Nodoka's mothers, and possibly to Sel's last game 'Nothing is Beautiful'. Noriko has watched it, it's appeared during resets and happy events, it's appeared on TV with Otoha, and Niki. Etc.

Sensei even seemed to see it through static:
In the 'There Is Nothing' Chapter 1 Main Event.

Overall: It's appeared and been mentioned numerous times, but why, isn't clear.

It may be the house that Possessed Tsuneyo recently mentioned:
In her 'TH15 15NT M3' Chapter 4 Event.

If so, this Upside Down House may be where the supernatural stuff started, or at least could be related to the origin of things.
We don't know yet. There is this "tv show/movie" that is on all the time according to Noriko, in the old district, about a group of women stuck inside a boarded up house. And each time she watched it, it was showing different things. However, she noticed that as she watched it in the dorms (outside of the old district), it changed to them eating some sort of grey substance (whereas it was real food when she watched it before).

The upside down house could also be related to Nodoka's mother, maybe she even lived in it. As both her mother and her wife (?) seemed to be a part of this movie. Otoha also watches this, Nodoka makes mention of it, and it even shows up in the room with the clocks (possibly, but it's not upside down then).

From a different angle, there is a note somewhere about a woman that had to follow the rules of the house - and that makes me think that the upside down house might have been Sekai's childhood home (she didn't have a good relationship with her parents apparently, since she refused to answer when being called her family name).

That could mean that the upside down house could be "grandma's home", that Ami mentions - in case that the grandma is Sekai's mother, instead of Saki. However if that is the same house by a lake that Tsuneyo mentions, I don't know. DeSkel15 please address these as well if you're going to answer Nadekai's question.
That note is probably from Futaba's 'Upside Down' Chapter 1 Event, where rules, papa, and the boiler room, are mentioned. It also seems like this house is at the edge of the universe.

As for the house near a lake that has clues, that Tsuneyo mentioned, it could definitely be "Grandma's house". Ami implied it was by a lake:
In Chapter 4's 'Goodnight, Moon' Main Event.

Assuming "Grandma's house" may be related to Yuu's house (which Saki once lived by, and may have moved into at some point), in Sel's previous game 'Nothing is Beautiful', then it should also be near a lake, since in NiB there was a lake, that Yuu casually visits at one point:
(There was apparently a rumor of a murder being involved with the lake)

The recent Happy Event 'Rain King' also had Yuu, and the other NiB characters as well as Ami, show up at his house.

How about another crazy theory that is lacking in sufficient evidence? A random thought just assaulted my mind:

Three gods, three sides of a cross - they all begin with C: Callous, Calm, Concerned.

But then we're told that a cross has four sides, not three. Well, what if the fourth also begins with a C? Like the Caretaker (or "Caring" if we're to follow the trend of adjectives).
Ami says a lot of creepy-ass-shit when she's caring for Akira, like:
She addresses the gods:
She is the original person that used sunflowers to calm him down before Himawari:
We can add a lot more to this, but since this isn't a thesis but just a random thought - I'll stop here. I don't think this Ami is USER4, but some other Ami could be. Three sides of a cross make a T, from Teacher Sekai. And what is the fourth side of Teacher Sekai, what is the part that was only added later? her daughter. And this would both be an entity that is formed prior the resets, and also resonate with Akira's own care for Ami herself. Because, just as he can be Callous, Calm and Concerned, he can also care for her, as we've seen.

Is USER4 the Caring god then? Or, if you don't agree with any of this, how about the C thing? Will USER4 also have a C? And if so, what will it be if not Caretaker or Collector?
Perhaps "the Cataloger"?:

It does seem like the 4th USER/Entity may be a D adjective instead though:

Last edited:

Khaly

Apr 13, 2019
Well guys, i'm just playing what i have missed last few patchs and this should have nothing to do with any discussion going on here but I have to get this off my chest: Holy shit i would kill Ami for fun

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
How about another crazy theory that is lacking in sufficient evidence? A random thought just assaulted my mind:

Three gods, three sides of a cross - they all begin with C: Callous, Calm, Concerned.

But then we're told that a cross has four sides, not three. Well, what if the fourth also begins with a C? Like the Caretaker (or "Caring" if we're to follow the trend of adjectives).
Ami says a lot of creepy-ass-shit when she's caring for Akira, like:
She addresses the gods:
She is the original person that used sunflowers to calm him down before Himawari:
We can add a lot more to this, but since this isn't a thesis but just a random thought - I'll stop here. I don't think this Ami is USER4, but some other Ami could be. Three sides of a cross make a T, from Teacher Sekai. And what is the fourth side of Teacher Sekai, what is the part that was only added later? her daughter. And this would both be an entity that is formed prior the resets, and also resonate with Akira's own care for Ami herself. Because, just as he can be Callous, Calm and Concerned, he can also care for her, as we've seen.

Is USER4 the Caring god then? Or, if you don't agree with any of this, how about the C thing? Will USER4 also have a C? And if so, what will it be if not Caretaker or Collector?
I love the idea of The Caretaker pointing to a Caring God, and that Ami is somehow connected. The stuff about "on the way to twenty-four" is a great catch, I don't see what it could mean except TERMINAL 24, which means Ami either somehow knows about a coming "mega reset" or maybe even has the ability to cause it herself.

When I thought about (some version) of Ami being involved in USER4, I wondered if it could have something to do with the mysterious "return to form," and I found something that I'm kicking myself for not noticing earlier:
Ami uses the phrase "return to form" four times. In "All For You" the narrator uses the specific term "fourth form" to refer to the emergence of a new God, who with all of the four symbolism is presumably USER4.
So I think "the two of US return to form" refers to two people/entities combining to form USER4. Since it's a return to form, I would think that USER4 was once whole, but was split into halves. Ami refers to (probably) herself as half of a whole:
In the context here, the "whole" is her mom, which could have unsettling implications for the nature of a reformed USER4.

If one of the halves is (some version of) Ami, who is the other? The narrator of "Miserably Ever After" also uses the phrase, so I assume that narrator is either Ami or the other half of US. This might sound crazy, but I have a theory for who it is:

Yung Waffles

Oct 2, 2019
Noriko and Uta getting animations is probably a stretch considering candidates for animations have prior "h scenes."
Was wagering that one of each of their upcoming events were h scenes. Like during the first event of each he's with them, and the h scene being the second chained to it.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Forgot about this, and now I'm really hoping Niki and Ami have a happily ever after:
From Chapter 2's 'We Were Angels' Main Event.
It would be the most logical, wholesome, and vanilla ending possible. First girlfriend and childhood friend becomes a mother to the daughter of her lifelong love and the abuser that fucked up both their lives - thus providing the support both of them needed and eventually being a huge part in them forming a real healthy family.

The one problem I see in this is, of course, Maya. As Noriko said (implied) when Wizard Maya had sex with Akira she put him in a position from which he would never be able to get out of. He was just a victim until then, but in that moment he became something else and now has a responsability to Maya (prime or not), that I'm curious to see how would go in this perfect ending with Niki and Ami.

Edit: Also, even in this ending, I gotta admit that the chances of Noriko still trying to ntr her sister decades later (with her now brother in law) is a very real possibility. I wonder if wife Niki would at some point just get tired and straight up allow Noriko to have sex with Akira for her to get it out of her system...

Last edited:

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
... How many people know of Aki-kun's trauma ... ?
... Is it only Akira himself and his daughter ... ?
... Or are there more ... ?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
... How many people know of Aki-kun's trauma ... ?
... Is it only Akira himself and his daughter ... ?
... Or are there more ... ?
Which trauma? There are many. The most important ones are Sekai dying in front of him, and Sekai grooming him/sexually assaulting him. The first one many people know about (almost all the adults basically and a lot of other people) - granted, they don't know what Sekai really was to him.

If it's about the abuse then not a lot of people. Ami, for instance, doesn't seem to know - she thinks it was a love story that the world didn't understand (like her own, and to some degree that may have mirrored real Sekai's ideas about Akira, in that she may have truly "loved" him).

Maya may know to many extents, since he used her as a replacement - she knows at the very least they had a sexual relationship because her reasoning for separating Akira from Niki/Noriko was to separate him from the memories of Sekai. Osako, Wakana and maybe Imani infer that he was the boy, but again, they know only to an extent.

Niki may suspect, but I don't think she knows (although Niki has admitted she purposefully makes a point of ignoring a lot of things). Kaori has been given hints by Akira, but she's far from the realization of what she has inside of her and their relationship to wizard Akira.

So yeah, to most people Akira has been traumatized by seeing his brother and wife die in front of him in a car accident and that's it. And even the people that know or suspect of Sekai don't have the full picture. In that, Maya and Ami are the closest to knowing everything, with Maya on top.

Edit: Also, Maya Prime may have seen pictures of Sekai abusing wizard Akira in Scary Room. She's shocked and asks "is that her? but these should have been gone" - which are either Niki or Sekai, and she knows Niki/wouldn't have been surprised by Niki having pictures with Akira still.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
He still porks his niece/daughter... unless you are a "good uncle" who only bones her underage friends.
Yeah, tbh, from Ami's perspective Akira has had sex with 999 out of 1000 Amis, and he'll have sex with every single one of her friends, including wizard Maya in the past, and perhaps other wizards in the future. At this point, not having sex with her isn't being a "good uncle" but just adding insult to injury lol

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes