Oct 1, 2023
The thing is, that Sel is also a narrator.
Why would HE whisper into his own creations heads? Not that i think it's impossible but very unlikely.

Another thing is, that for ambiguous/unknown characters Sel uses a standard color for their name in renpy, which is a reddish tone.
Now, Sel uses for himself but interestingly also for Sekai an identical red color value different from the standard one.

/e

For refenrence: red in HexDec is #ff0000

Those get the standard reddish color:
define seven = Character("73 65 6b 61 69")

Different from, lets just take Maya:
define m = Character("Maya", color="#18b500", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])

Now Sel and Sekai and a parrot?
define se = Character("Sekai", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
define parrot = Character("Parrot the Parrot", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
define red = Character("Red", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])
define sel = Character("Selebus", color="#96001B", who_outlines=[(absolute(2.5), "#000", absolute(0), absolute(0))])

/e2

So, i mentioned it some time ago, red moons in japanese culture are associated with, lets boil it down, desaster.
It fits for Sekai given the story so far.
Don't know what the parrot was about.
That Sel gives himself that specific color is interesting and i have to ask myself if he sees himself that way.
I know that he knows that he has his flaws and whatever.
I wonder if he's going introspective there.
1719687507791.png

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
Somebody said we read too much into the game in this thread and... I get it.
Sometimes there's a lot of overreading done yeah, but I don't blame them when dev makes 200 plotlines and only intends on following 1/10th of them, or sometimes something you thought to be true turned out to be false a chapter later or maybe it isn't false actually then there's the voices and they all use different ways to write and oh wait no now they sometimes write the same way

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
You know what would be interesting to see? We need a hero to put ALL of the most prominant theories(With the corresponding evidence) in a post for any newfag that comes around and wants to immerse himself in the lore,or any old fag that forgets some stuff.

EDIT:Honestly if push comes to shove i can do it.Although people will need to decide what are the best theories worth mentioning.Proving proof for them etc etc

Last edited:

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
You know what would be interesting to see? We need a hero to put ALL of the most prominant theories(With the corresponding evidence) in a post for any newfag that comes around and wants to immerse himself in the lore,or any old fag that forgets some stuff.

EDIT:Honestly if push comes to shove i can do it.Although people will need to decide what are the best theories worth mentioning.Proving proof for them etc etc
The idea is nice and i'd like to see that.
And they should be distinguishable.
I liked Deskels aproach in a timeline, so it could work.
But i guess we would need those (and the timeline) in the op so they don't get burried.

Last edited:

gazgiz

Nov 13, 2019

Part of the fun is bouncing around all 1918 pages trying to figure it out.

On the other hand USER theories collated would be greatly appreciated.

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
Maybe you guys can help, i'm trying to remember something in game....

In one of the recent updates, there was text that was basically shitting on some game that was very similar to LIL. It wasn't clear to me what he was talking about, other then he was clearly bent about someone making a game "like LIL". Does anyone remember that, and know what event that was from?

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

In one of the recent updates, there was text that was basically shitting on some game that was very similar to LIL. It wasn't clear to me what he was talking about, other then he was clearly bent about someone making a game "like LIL". Does anyone remember that, and know what event that was from?
I believe it was during the most recent dorm wars.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As to what game it's referring to, I guess "lost in you" or "dissonance"? Can't say myself, I played both of them but neither was my cup of tea, so I don't remember much of either. Anyway, not a good Selebus moment there overall, both in regards to fourth wall break or choice of music for most of the update.

Edit: Just explaining my point further, you have already done it dude, your game is already an amazing piece of writing, you don't have to go on attacking or throwing shade (all the more on people supposedly copying you), let what you wrote speak for itself. That's my take.

Slub

Oct 9, 2020

As much as I enjoy checking the thread to read some of your theories, there are tens of thousands by now. Like the other person mentioned, every single flaw and random action that gives the characters a personality is made into elaborate theories about the hidden meaning and consequences it will have on the future. Sometimes people just do stuff.

Then again, I’ve also been wondering if there’ve been new theories about the daughters name.

Oct 1, 2023
As to what game it's referring to, I guess "lost in you" or "dissonance"? Can't say myself, I played both of them but neither was my cup of tea, so I don't remember much of either. Anyway, not a good Selebus moment there overall, both in regards to fourth wall break or choice of music for most of the update.

Edit: Just explaining my point further, you have already done it dude, your game is already an amazing piece of writing, you don't have to go on attacking or throwing shade (all the more on people supposedly copying you), let what you wrote speak for itself. That's my take.
my name is Selebus im the greatest writer of all time, everyone is stupider than me and I deserve to get a golden crown and be paid millions of dollars every month.
Everyone who decides to make a game "inspired" by me is a thief and stupid womp womp

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017

Ahh that's it! Thanks. I happened on "Another World" and i thought as i was checking that game out, "maybe that's the one i vaguely recall Selebus bitching about". But no, now that i see the text, clearly not "Another World"

And yeah i agree, using your game as a platform to vent about that, IS a bad look. That's probably why i even remember his rant, because it's jarring and detracts from LiL. But Sel seems to be lead by his ego, so "on brand", i guess.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Ahh that's it! Thanks. I happened on "Another World" and i thought as i was checking that game out, "maybe that's the one i vaguely recall Selebus bitching about". But no, now that i see the text, clearly not "Another World"

And yeah i agree, using your game as a platform to vent about that, IS a bad look. That's probably why i even remember his rant, because it's jarring and detracts from LiL. But Sel seems to be lead by his ego, so "on brand", i guess.
Lot of weird decisions in that update, unfortunately. I'm still annoyed about the music.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
It's "Lost In You", and having played it, Selebus has a very valid point. It's an absolute clone of LiL, with a few very small changes to the DNA.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Lot of weird decisions in that update, unfortunately. I'm still annoyed about the music.
The only song I felt was genuinely fitting in that update was one called “Pox”. It plays during the “Irregular Heartbeat” Main Event where Akira leads new Maya inside his apartment.

The tone was genuinely melancholic and really drove home just how much Akira missed Maya Prime, and yet despite that, he couldn’t help but fall back into his old destructive coping mechanism to try and numb the pain. Truly sad to witness with all that in mind…

So yeah… I agree most of the soundtrack selection was weird and distracting in 0.39 but I have to give props to this one in particular.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes