ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
I agree that "fixing" Io by making her re-live her trauma would be nonsensical. I think in the long-run, she prolly will start to improve somewhat after the dark path but maybe only after a reset wipes her memories of this shit, or after Sensei has a redemption arc or something

But I think Sensei not ever getting caught does not require much suspension of disbelief because the game sometimes says things or portrays Kumon-mi in a way such that it seems Sensei and the girls are the only real "people" present, and everyone else is merely a mindless NPC. Even the thing with Haruka getting caught or Io's anxiety attack from witnessing a "normal" family: it feels like those "people" are not real - they are puppets that serve to move the plot forward or provide tension/conflict and nothing more; they do not exist outside of that scene. E.g. I don't remember the exact details at this point but there was an event in recent updates where Sensei goes to the dorms and everything is totally fucked, and one of the girls (Yasu?) says something along the lines of "this is what the world looks like for us when you're not here"
I mean, it's more that somehow anyone who can't/won't do anything about it kinda knows while none of the characters that probably would do something about (i.e. all of the adults minus Haruka) don't. That said, the premise is already absurd - knowing a 30+ year old teacher was regularly hanging out with their underage students alone outside of school would already be a huge red flag and wouldn't fly, but for some reason all the adult characters are totally okay with it? Not sure how it is in Japan lmao.

Also not sure how I feel about "memory wipes". The entire point is that this dude feels the consequences of his actions, and if the world just conveniently fixes everything the moment something actually goes wrong, well, what are you even supposed to learn? Apparently there's a "dark" route or something coming in the future so perhaps that's the point where the chickens actually come home to roost.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Nah but one time when we where in the rooftop and talking to someone,didnt a girl evesdrop on us? Cant rember
In this exact scene Sekai is looking at them. She's also who supposedly saved Akira when Himawari failed to during "untitled".

But the implication of the wallpaper is that the girls could be aware of being reset and we're just not seeing them. Same as what happens with Maya, in which Ayane couldn't see her during the reset, and Akira only managed to because HOPE let him. So there could have been many girls at the school during resets that get left behind because we can't see them.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
In this exact scene Sekai is looking at them. She's also who supposedly saved Akira when Himawari failed to during "untitled".

But the implication of the wallpaper is that the girls could be aware of being reset and we're just not seeing them. Same as what happens with Maya, in which Ayane couldn't see her during the reset, and Akira only managed to because HOPE let him. So there could have been many girls at the school during resets that get left behind because we can't see them.
Painfull to think about

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

Interesting that the two girls it shows were at the apocalypse slumber party.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Interesting that the two girls it shows were at the apocalypse slumber party.
I don't think I ever talked about it, but if I recall correctly, on the reset that first brings winter, Akira sees Ami being reset on top of him - and she seems aware of what's happening. It's possible that that's an Ami thing, but it could also be possible that during the reset process, the girls somehow remember previous times or become aware of what's happening.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Part of the Breed Your Niece minigame takes place on the school rooftop, right? But it's Nao, not Ami? Maybe?

joryuken

Sep 19, 2018
question from 1 to my eyes are bleeding as I cried too much, how is this update stacking up? not playing until maybe october

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019

In addition to the Maya thing, there are other hints that people are still around during resets, just invisible. HOPE implies that not everyone disappeared during the first reset:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Similarly, Maya implies that Kumon-mi doesn't change during the reset, only Sensei's perception of it:
I like to imagine all the nameless people are just going about their lives as normal during resets and have to watch the crazy man do things like fuck a watermelon and have a naked dance party in the street.
I don't think I ever talked about it, but if I recall correctly, on the reset that first brings winter, Akira sees Ami being reset on top of him - and she seems aware of what's happening. It's possible that that's an Ami thing, but it could also be possible that during the reset process, the girls somehow remember previous times or become aware of what's happening.
I do think Ami is probably a special case given she remembers more than she should even when it's not a reset. Imagine if on top of her childhood trauma, she has to live with memories of her insides disintegrating every few months for thousands of years.

aintnowayy

Feb 11, 2023
You need the internal name of the event. Internal names look like this: "futabalust25 - chikaspring1 - etc"
You can check the name of the scene in various ways, the one I use is to open the .rpy files in the scripts folder (there's one script folder under Game and another under Subscribestar) and look for the lines that start with "label", for example you would find "label utaspring2".
You can also see the name of the scene by going to the wiki (only for older scenes, the wiki is not being currently updated), there's a "technical data" for each event with the name of the label.
You can *also* see the scene name currently playing in the quickwatch window in URM.

Once you have the name of the scene, you go to URM to the search function, change it to search for labels/scenes and look for the scene. From there you have the option to jump to the label (that's like playing the scene for real) or replay it.
Thanks, I got that part, but for some reason I can't seem to get to these scenes. I've tried replaying every label in the menu with makoto's name but I can't find out what these scenes in the replay menu are. (similar for some other girls like ayane and nodoka)

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
In addition to the Maya thing, there are other hints that people are still around during resets, just invisible. HOPE implies that not everyone disappeared during the first reset:
Similarly, Maya implies that Kumon-mi doesn't change during the reset, only Sensei's perception of it:
I like to imagine all the nameless people are just going about their lives as normal during resets and have to watch the crazy man do things like fuck a watermelon and have a naked dance party in the street.

I do think Ami is probably a special case given she remembers more than she should even when it's not a reset. Imagine if on top of her childhood trauma, she has to live with memories of her insides disintegrating every few months for thousands of years.
HOPE is such a jackass. "everyone?" "did they?" :ROFLMAO:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
She also starts resetting in front of Akira, Maya and Ayane, doesn't she? And Maya states that she's "Fucking disintegrating" after she ushers her into her room I believe, implying Maya say or knows

Reactions: Moonflare

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Thanks, I got that part, but for some reason I can't seem to get to these scenes. I've tried replaying every label in the menu with makoto's name but I can't find out what these scenes in the replay menu are. (similar for some other girls like ayane and nodoka)
You didn't change anything "in your save" if you only replay the scene using the script name. To change a missed event to "completed", modify its event parameter to true and its skip parameter to false via Variable Names will do the trick.

For example, set makotofutabafuntimelustevent = TRUE and makotofutabalustskip = FALSE then the first : ( will be revealed.

Edit: I haven't figured out what to do with the second : (. If you want you can jump to makotovsmolly (second half of Makoto's The Pit of Despair) and let the scene run. This counts as you completing the scene. BE WARNED that this also counts as you initiating this event one more time and it might set your save to a weird state.

Edit2: Aha I found it! set makotonodowin = TRUE to unlock the second : (

Last edited:
Reactions: aintnowayy

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Just to throw this out there, there's something I don't think has been talked about when it comes to Io's recent events.

It wasn't necessarily about her. By that, I mean it was about Uta:

Io looks up to Uta, and believes she would actually be dead if she never met her:
So, it seems like Io was trying to protect Uta from Sensei, by becoming Sensei's tool, after finding out that he's holding on to a wizard pic of Uta.

In other words: Io was trying to keep him from fucking up Uta, by offering herself.

It's all she had to offer:

The "parenting" stuff just forced her to stop being in denial about him. He reminded her of her mother. Then he could even use the same words she did:

In another timeline, this may have ended on a happy note:
But, even leaving may lead to problems. Albeit, I suppose we'll see.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024
She also starts resetting in front of Akira, Maya and Ayane, doesn't she? And Maya states that she's "Fucking disintegrating" after she ushers her into her room I believe, implying Maya say or knows

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Blech, that single image man, why you gotta go and post that and put it all up in my brain space again... that stare is a psychological weapon...
It just somewhat fit the point I was aiming for. I also wanted to add the "Ugh...I really hope this doesn't become a regular thing." thought from Io, but I figured that one would be a little unnecessary.

Good to know that some people aren't numb to stuff like this, though.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
It just somewhat fit the point I was aiming for. I also wanted to add the "Ugh...I really hope this doesn't become a regular thing." thought from Io, but I figured that one would be a little unnecessary.

Good to know that some people aren't numb to stuff like this, though.
It restored my faith in humanity that nobody here reacted well to the Io thing. Well at the very least if anyone actually enjoyed that scene they knew well enough to keep it to themselves. That stare still turns my stomach, the scene is well named I'll give Selly that.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes