GR1MM

Nov 6, 2019
Oh, and about THREE MOONS, I completely forgot to mention that Nodoka told us a story including these in one of the previous Beach Trips, didn't saw anyone wrote 'bout it here yet.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Fingers crossed it's not "stomachache" with Chinami.
No way, her getting wizard sexed in 2 events when it took Tsukasa 3 via phone call to get the option to most likely be starting it and be left on a cliff hanger for several months doesn't make sense.

Actual Option 3: Chinami dies. Her illness is set up early in Chapter 1, we had some foreshadowing in chapter 3 with a muffled cough within her dog mask, and the turnaround time between a foreshadow and the event playing out is about one year (Maya foreshadowed her own reset at the end of chapter 2, poofed at the end of chapter 3). This would absolutely break multiple characters beyond just Chika and Yumi, as she's become very close to the Tsukiokas. Her illness is also a Chekov's gun that becomes increasingly wasted if it ISN'T brought up in a narrative-relevant way for too long. So her dyiing -- and appearing to stay dead for at least one cycle before returning -- needs to happen eventually. Or perhaps she dies and becomes Something Different (tm), as the game has shown that death is sometimes merely a transition (Sekai).

That fact that "Chinami is likely to die" in a world where death within the narrative is portrayed as temporary (Bluejay) is an odd intersection, and at some point we need to find out exactly what that looks like.

Finally -- in her first appearance, Sensei calls her an angel -- a word that has become inreasingly loaded as the story's progressed.

I think this is the most likely option, honestly. Plus, this is a narrative opportunity to pile on Chika's misery, which is a thing this game loves to do.
Soulest of Reads: Chinami's about to die, it's not going to be related to the illness, that's been a silly red herring (like seriously a dog mask?). She's physically going to get in the way of Chika attacking Yumi.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
My first thought when Sana said Yuki had not shown up for work was that a confrontation between Chika and Yumi had already happened off screen and Yuki was dealing with the fallout from that. Also I just realized Yumi may become homeless as a result of this on top of losing her best friend for something she didn't even do, poor girl.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Personally, I think there's an outside chance that something happens to Akira regarding the reset. The Apocalypse meeting toyed with the idea that it might cap with only 3 people being able to remember the resets. Maya had been around the longest and once Makoto joined, Maya got pushed out. Now that Akira has been around the longest, what happens if Yumi has finally entered the squad?

Narratively, I don't think he will be able to become reset, because we as the player have been following him around and we'll have too much knowledge to play a "new" Sensei. It would be kind of interesting to see how Sel would approach that, seeing the girls try to get him to remember himself (again), but I think maybe we'll be forced to "choose" a girl to be removed from the reset cycles, and that it'll be Ayane who gets popped. I don't know.

Also, I think that the Futaba/Nodoka scene having Futaba literally POP into our room, while Maya Prime also literally popped out, lends credence to the theory that she's still around in a different plane and that current Maya won't have her memories no matter what.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Also, I think that the Futaba/Nodoka scene having Futaba literally POP into our room, while Maya Prime also literally popped out, lends credence to the theory that she's still around in a different plane and that current Maya won't have her memories no matter what.
I absolutely wish this on no one but i kinda hope someone goes through the whole game and notes down every instance of 'slip' and the pop sound effect just so we can start mapping it out for more clues...

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My first thought is that it has something to do with Rin. Back in the beginning, she was probably the most popular character, and people have been wanting a hookup between her and Chika ever since the idea was thrown on the table. Chika might go to Rin to vent, things could maybe even start to get hot and heavy, but Rin, being Rin, could accidentally let it slip that Chika was the only girl that didn't know. Forget just destorying her trust in Yumi, she'd hate everybody.

The next idea is the one everybody already discussed, and that's Chinami being a meat shield for Yumi if Chika decides to get violent. Chika putting Chinami in critical condition would definitely break her, and maybe even slip into a state similar to what Akira was in, forcing Yumi to a roll where she would not be able to take care of them without someone's help, probably from Akira or Tsubasa.

I don't think it will be anything involving wizard content because it seems that you have to jump through a very specific set of hoops for that to even become a possibility, and I feel like this will affect more than a small group of people. But if it does, it will definitely freak a lot of people out.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes