Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
I also think going bad means the fans freaking out. Stuff that comes to mind is another loved character getting raped, hard reset etc. I can think a assault happening to a wizard or even Wakana would cause people to be really pissed. Some left the game after even the hint with Tsukasa. Who else is really popular? Would Niki being butchered or something like that cause problems?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vega Cifer

Oct 3, 2022
What is the escape shampoo option supposed to be? I forgot...but it may be the thing from one event that bricks your run so I don't wanna select true with URM to test..

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Something he had planned since year one that is unlikely to go well...

all of the crossed out are unlikely since they weren't major players at the start of the game/weren't even supposed to exist at first:
The obvious guess is Chinami getting sexual with Akira - that is what's obviously not going to go well. Chinami dying would be sad I guess, but also wouldn't classify as it going bad. Let's see the other ones:
Last thing, this is bound to happen next update, which isn't halloween/reset yet.
I think it might be another matador moment with Tsubasa and Yumi. Tsubasa does see Chika as another daughter and I wouldn't be suprsied if she got back at Yumi for "wronging" Chika.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I think it might be another matador moment with Tsubasa and Yumi. Tsubasa does see Chika as another daughter and I wouldn't be suprsied if she got back at Yumi for "wronging" Chika.
Tsubasa doesn't mess with the Yamaguchis, she said so to Touka. Neither would she mess with Chika's sister. She likes to believe that she's doing what's right for everyone and Yumi is, Chika liking it or not, both her sister and a sort of big sister to Chinami. Also, Yumi didn't do anything, I'd doubt she'd encourage Chika to do anything but talk to her.

We might see however Tsubasa enacting her Touka plan on Chika to test it first. This is what she intended for Touka to experience after all. It will be interesting to see what and how exactly she planned to conclude the "initiate my daughter in sexuality and then break her heart" move.

Edit: In fact, Akira has done exactly what she wanted him to do regarding Chika (they have talked about this in the past). It's just that he hasn't really done anything, and it just worked out that way (because of Touka's meddling, ironically).

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Yumi and Noriko are made for each other with how much bad luck they have… No wonder they’re becoming friends.

…Nah but seriously, please don’t be Yumi again.

• Sad
Reactions: Riolol

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I also think going bad means the fans freaking out. Stuff that comes to mind is another loved character getting raped, hard reset etc. I can think a assault happening to a wizard or even Wakana would cause people to be really pissed. Some left the game after even the hint with Tsukasa. Who else is really popular? Would Niki being butchered or something like that cause problems?

They forgot about the second day at the beach, not the first.
Soon, with Halloween.

Edit: one minor thing that could be a huge thing is that Ayane asks Himawari if they're about to reset, and Himawari's answer is: "Reset?", like what the hell are you talking about/what even is that. I have no idea what to make of that. But I keep wondering now if resets are even a thing when it's been confirmed that they're slipping through planes. Maybe instead of resetting they're being sent to yet another kumon-mi each time? (like I needed even more complication).

Last edited:

uhhhwhat

Formerly 'gdrtshts444'
Jun 6, 2024
First post! Long time listener, first time caller. Finally caught up with the game and, admittedly while I'm on the theory train, I'm more likely at the dumb dumb table. I read through the stuff on here about the 0.42 Happy Event and didn't see much about the David Lynch references so I thought I would kick some things around. The first part in the red room is from Twin Peaks, which was mentioned and is a whacky show and good watch for the most part...very 90s. In the show, the place is called the Black Lodge and takes place both inside the dreams of the main character, but is also a physical location with supernatural figures who are essentially playing a chess game within the town.

Second scene is David Lynch's Rabbits:
David Lynch has said that any of his art is subjective and whatever interpretation the audience gets from it is always valid (something Selebus has parroted a few times in the Discord). Much like LiL, David Lynch stuff has a lot of theorycrafters and dumb dumb tables, and the leading theory for Rabbits is that its about God godlike entities mimicking what an average human life would be like, all inside a fictional setting. It also takes place within another one of his movies, but thats a deeper rabbit hole, pun intended.

Lastly is Eraserhead, and probably the most relevant of the bunch to Lessons In Love, as it's about an inexperienced single father who is failing at being a dad to his very deformed and kinda creepy baby. It's a horror-esque film dealing with the anxieties of being a father and ends with him, upon truly learning how deformed the kid actually is, kills the baby and possibly himself. Lots of religion and spiritual stuff embedded in this one.

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
They forgot about the second day at the beach, not the first.
I didn't forget that, its just if things were changed because of her, didn't they also have to change the cause of her losing it??

Edit: Not even sure I agree with the theory, just grasping at anything to explain what happened. I hope your right that it gets explained.

Last edited:

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
Check out this Noriko event from last update:
I'm taking whatever little victories I can.
So can Akira do it without the egg then? Is that one of the things Nodoka was ranting about?

Edit: How did Futaba do it without an egg? Did she have one we didn't see, was Nao-chan around somewhere, there was here outline there.... damn this is some crazy and interesting stuff.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I didn't forget that, its just if things were changed because of her, didn't they also have to change the cause of her losing it??
That's assuming things were changed because of Chika, which is highly unlikely.

And also not really, when Makoto jumped they simply put her back with all her memories which caused her to become even worse. Then when the actual reset happened it properly reset her, until her father died and she confronted things again. I'd wager Chika "finding out" about Yumi doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of supernatural things. At most, she breaking her heart might be one of the conditions to start engaging in the supernatural.

Edit: Pareidolia seems to know what will happen before the trip even begins.
So can Akira do it without the egg then? Is that one of the things Nodoka was ranting about?
Yes. Akira can dreamwalk by using his own triggers. As it is, I'm not sure if the egg is needed for slipping or it's more of a token of safe passage. Think of it like that big gate and if you have the egg you don't have to worry about being locked on either side (this is all a very preliminary interpretation though).

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
And also not really, when Makoto jumped they simply put her back with all her memories which caused her to become even worse. Then when the actual reset happened it properly reset her, until her father died and she confronted things again. I'd wager Chika "finding out" about Yumi doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of supernatural things. At most, she breaking her heart might be one of the conditions to start engaging in the supernatural.
Ohh I like this! Say for example Chika was the cause, and everything got changed but she kept the memories of doing it, like Makoto. Yeah she would be messed up until next real reset.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes