Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Another small thing is that Pareidolia wanted Ami to go on the beach trip, and there were things from the Great Pareidolia Mall in the shed Yumi almost kisses Akira. And Narrator (Himawari?) wanted Akira not to leave the room when Sana comes to get him (Sana, who may be an agent of Pareidolia at this point). Yet when Himawari shows up, she can only save Ayane.

Pareidolia seems like a big clue to what happened on the beach because he's been very vocal when there's interference from other people. Yet he says absolutely nothing the entire trip. He just gives Akira a heads up about Ayane's lust event and that Akira might be in trouble if he forgets Pareidolia is with him later on. Was all of this part of Pareidolia's plans? Another thing that happens is that auto-pilot is the one that gives us clues about cottontails, and auto-pilot apparently is also a person.

Many things to figure out...
Clarification -- he explicitly says "go over well," not "go poorly"

So he's talking about the audience response, not whether the event turns out well for the characters invovled.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Okay, now that I'm actually rested and a bit more sane (relatively speaking), further theorizing on the next update. Option 1 (sex with Yumi with a monkey's paw) and Option 2 (we find out the content in the letter Nodoka wrote to herself/we find out what was buried beneath our feet) are still on the table.

Actual Option 3: Chinami dies. Her illness is set up early in Chapter 1, we had some foreshadowing in chapter 3 with a muffled cough within her dog mask, and the turnaround time between a foreshadow and the event playing out is about one year (Maya foreshadowed her own reset at the end of chapter 2, poofed at the end of chapter 3). This would absolutely break multiple characters beyond just Chika and Yumi, as she's become very close to the Tsukiokas. Her illness is also a Chekov's gun that becomes increasingly wasted if it ISN'T brought up in a narrative-relevant way for too long. So her dyiing -- and appearing to stay dead for at least one cycle before returning -- needs to happen eventually. Or perhaps she dies and becomes Something Different (tm), as the game has shown that death is sometimes merely a transition (Sekai).

That fact that "Chinami is likely to die" in a world where death within the narrative is portrayed as temporary (Bluejay) is an odd intersection, and at some point we need to find out exactly what that looks like.

Finally -- in her first appearance, Sensei calls her an angel -- a word that has become inreasingly loaded as the story's progressed.

I think this is the most likely option, honestly. Plus, this is a narrative opportunity to pile on Chika's misery, which is a thing this game loves to do.

Oct 1, 2023
Okay, now that I'm actually rested and a bit more sane (relatively speaking), further theorizing on the next update. Option 1 (sex with Yumi with a monkey's paw) and Option 2 (we find out the content in the letter Nodoka wrote to herself/we find out what was buried beneath our feet) are still on the table.

Actual Option 3: Chinami dies. Her illness is set up early in Chapter 1, we had some foreshadowing in chapter 3 with a muffled cough within her dog mask, and the turnaround time between a foreshadow and the event playing out is about one year (Maya foreshadowed her own reset at the end of chapter 2, poofed at the end of chapter 3). This would absolutely break multiple characters beyond just Chika and Yumi, as she's become very close to the Tsukiokas. Her illness is also a Chekov's gun that becomes increasingly wasted if it ISN'T brought up in a narrative-relevant way for too long. So her dyiing -- and appearing to stay dead for at least one cycle before returning -- needs to happen eventually. Or perhaps she dies and becomes Something Different (tm), as the game has shown that death is sometimes merely a transition (Sekai).

That fact that "Chinami is likely to die" in a world where death within the narrative is portrayed as temporary (Bluejay) is an odd intersection, and at some point we need to find out exactly what that looks like.

Finally -- in her first appearance, Sensei calls her an angel -- a word that has become inreasingly loaded as the story's progressed.

I think this is the most likely option, honestly. Plus, this is a narrative opportunity to pile on Chika's misery, which is a thing this game loves to do.
arf arf!

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
First post! Long time listener, first time caller. Finally caught up with the game and, admittedly while I'm on the theory train, I'm more likely at the dumb dumb table. I read through the stuff on here about the 0.42 Happy Event and didn't see much about the David Lynch references so I thought I would kick some things around. The first part in the red room is from Twin Peaks, which was mentioned and is a whacky show and good watch for the most part...very 90s. In the show, the place is called the Black Lodge and takes place both inside the dreams of the main character, but is also a physical location with supernatural figures who are essentially playing a chess game within the town.

Second scene is David Lynch's Rabbits:
David Lynch has said that any of his art is subjective and whatever interpretation the audience gets from it is always valid (something Selebus has parroted a few times in the Discord). Much like LiL, David Lynch stuff has a lot of theorycrafters and dumb dumb tables, and the leading theory for Rabbits is that its about God godlike entities mimicking what an average human life would be like, all inside a fictional setting. It also takes place within another one of his movies, but thats a deeper rabbit hole, pun intended.

Lastly is Eraserhead, and probably the most relevant of the bunch to Lessons In Love, as it's about an inexperienced single father who is failing at being a dad to his very deformed and kinda creepy baby. It's a horror-esque film dealing with the anxieties of being a father and ends with him, upon truly learning how deformed the kid actually is, kills the baby and possibly himself. Lots of religion and spiritual stuff embedded in this one.
Very interesting. Yeah, I had none of those references so it definitely helps. Also, welcome to being active on the thread.

Reactions: LessonsInDissonance

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Since everyone is throwing out their ideas of what may or may not go over well, i think it's going to be the Wakana/Osako split and whatever Akira does to one of them... dunno what, but i wouldn't be surprised if one of them cheats with him, and i think the shocker would be of it's Osako... imagine that scene and then imagine Selly being worried about it going over well... sound possible? Does to me... wouldn't be the first lesbian to sleep with a dude cause they're mess up in the head and confused about their identity...

• Wow
Reactions: Moonflare

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023

Chinami's illness as a plot device might not be a chekovs gun. It could be an incentive down the line to NOT fix the world. Chika might be strongly opposed to leaving the time loop if it meant progressing her sister's illness.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Since everyone is throwing out their ideas of what may or may not go over well, i think it's going to be the Wakana/Osako split and whatever Akira does to one of them... dunno what, but i wouldn't be surprised if one of them cheats with him, and i think the shocker would be of it's Osako... imagine that scene and then imagine Selly being worried about it going over well... sound possible? Does to me... wouldn't be the first lesbian to sleep with a dude cause they're mess up in the head and confused about their identity...
I would actually love it if the impetus behind Osako's makeover is that she got the D and now wants to look cute for Sensei, and there's the potential for it to happen in the next update, but if he's talking about something he started setting up in year one, this is unlikely to be it, as Wakana was introduced at the start of year two.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I would actually love it if the impetus behind Osako's makeover is that she got the D and now wants to look cute for Sensei, and there's the potential for it to happen in the next update, but if he's talking about something he started setting up in year one, this is unlikely to be it, as Wakana was introduced at the start of year two.
You sure? Could've sworn both of them had a presence in the story from the earliest of days, just not modelled, Osako with Ayane doing karate and Wakana... actually i dunno about that one, might've just been students mentioning her?

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I also think going bad means the fans freaking out. Stuff that comes to mind is another loved character getting raped, hard reset etc. I can think a assault happening to a wizard or even Wakana would cause people to be really pissed. Some left the game after even the hint with Tsukasa. Who else is really popular? Would Niki being butchered or something like that cause problems?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

GR1MM

Nov 6, 2019
Well, as I am sure new to partaking in this place discussions, I calmly finished an update and read through the thread to be ready to some theoretical shit going on later in game.

First on, I'd like to say if any of you thought about this strange thing that Ami is ultimately cute for everyone? It just clicked to methat maybe it might be hereditary from Ami talking about her mother with Niki.

Also, don't know why I've had that thought during the event, but it somehow seems to me that Sekai was sexually assaulted in her family, maybe not exactly like Io, but nonetheless

Fuckin' loved Yumi event. Listen, that shit is ultimate peak of adorable. A bit of prespoilersjf 0.43 was kinda good, like new Osako style better that previous one.

Also, kinda humoured by some phrases,just like someone said up in the thread.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Also, don't know why I've had that thought during the event, but it somehow seems to me that Sekai was sexually assaulted in her family, maybe not exactly like Io, but nonetheless
We're told that Nozomu fucked the world into existence.
Sekai translates to "world"

It is likely that Nozomu is the person who abused Sekai and turned her into the person she became, and she perpetuated that cycle by doing the same to Akira, and now she appears to Akira and tells him to keep the cycle going by doing it to Io.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Another small thing is that Pareidolia wanted Ami to go on the beach trip, and there were things from the Great Pareidolia Mall in the shed Yumi almost kisses Akira. And Narrator (Himawari?) wanted Akira not to leave the room when Sana comes to get him (Sana, who may be an agent of Pareidolia at this point). Yet when Himawari shows up, she can only save Ayane.

Pareidolia seems like a big clue to what happened on the beach because he's been very vocal when there's interference from other people. Yet he says absolutely nothing the entire trip. He just gives Akira a heads up about Ayane's lust event and that Akira might be in trouble if he forgets Pareidolia is with him later on. Was all of this part of Pareidolia's plans? Another thing that happens is that auto-pilot is the one that gives us clues about cottontails, and auto-pilot apparently is also a person.
Yea there are quite a few missing puzzle pieces in this beach trip, especially around Pareidolia's involvement; they all seem to have some openings but none with definitive ends. I suppose that's classic LiL by now but normally such a thing lasts for several updates, and I feel like this is a rare occasion that you're expecting quick results but you instead just get nothing.

• What does Pareidolia try to achieve? It verbally demands Sensei to bring Ami, but then immediately fast forward to Sensei already at the beach without Ami. Do you want her to be there or not? Or is it because Pareidolia knows that Sensei this time wouldn't budge so it might as well skip forward? Are you going to do something about Sensei's "disobedience"? Or have you already?

• The image Pareidolia showed Sensei, the "Resurrection of Flesh" and the message "may you privately and securely touch a clitoris tonight". The backstory of the fresco is about Paul's passage regarding the resurrection of Christ. There are more than infinite ways to deduce what Pareidolia was trying to suggest with the fresco, but the message is undisputedly loud and clear. Sensei did privately and securely touched a clitoris that night and then everything went to shit. So, is that three-moon oceanic view related to the meaning behind "Resurrection of Flesh" and is it happening upon a requirement being fulfilled?

• Coincidentally, Himawari showed up around the same time to drag Ayane to "somewhere safe", and ultimately to prevent something unwanted from happening. My problem is that Ayane doesn't look "more spared" than the others by the end of the beach trip. Ayane couldn't notice the missing Sunday (from Sensei's perspective of course) and her perception about the fuckery still looks exactly the same as Makoto, someone who most certainly didn't get Himawari's aid. So did Himawari's plan really worked? Or did her plan fail if Ayane isn't showing any significant difference from her ctrl group Makoto?

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Coincidentally, Himawari showed up around the same time to drag Ayane to "somewhere safe", and ultimately to prevent something unwanted from happening. My problem is that Ayane doesn't look "more spared" than the others by the end of the beach trip. Ayane couldn't notice the missing Sunday (from Sensei's perspective of course) and her perception about the fuckery still looks exactly the same as Makoto, someone who most certainly didn't get Himawari's aid. So did Himawari's plan really worked? Or did her plan fail if Ayane isn't showing any significant difference from her ctrl group Makoto?
Maybe she's feigning ignorance? Pretending to be as out-of-sorts as the rest of the squad cause Himawari told her to? Or maybe all Himawari had to do was get her out of the room/building?

GR1MM

Nov 6, 2019
We're told that Nozomu fucked the world into existence.
Sekai translates to "world"

It is likely that Nozomu is the person who abused Sekai and turned her into the person she became, and she perpetuated that cycle by doing the same to Akira, and now she appears to Akira and tells him to keep the cycle going by doing it to Io.
It just doesn't connect with the fact that Sekai, uhh, how do I say it correctly... oh, yeah, gave up her family name, something must've happened to be this way, I think

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes