Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
No! No touch Chinami! Chinami is safe and sound!
(not actually angry with you)
Not to be overly grim, but considering the alternative, she might be safer dead.

Edit: Oh, and not to have a post just for this, I also recall that when Chika's mother is watching her house from the frame, she slips back into the picture when she's satisfied the house is alive again. Sana claims her brother talks to her, and given ghost Sekai being real (confirmed by the Niki event), it might be that Chika's mother and Sana's brother also are.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I'm just now getting the chance to try the update. I downloaded the game fresh, copied files for the care packages from my old version to the new one as instructed in the pinned post in the Ask Selebus section of Discord, and launched the game. Game launches fine, but I get an error when I try to load my save. Anyone know where I went wrong or how to fix?
By any chance were you running any mods on the previous install?

Specifically, a guide mod or the linear mod?

apostolodieros

Jun 13, 2019
What are the chances that Himawari, by taking Ayane with her, prevented her from being the next one to forget everything with the reset? Is it possible he has some bigger plan for Ayane?

It would be strange because resets are usually things that last a long time, but in this case 9 days have passed by the day counter, is it possible that there was a reset and it was simply forgotten?

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
It would be strange because resets are usually things that last a long time, but in this case 9 days have passed by the day counter, is it possible that there was a reset and it was simply forgotten?
It's not so much a reset, as it is amnesia, or being placed on autopilot. Resets generally follow a cycle, return to a starting point, and affect everything within Kumon-mi, with the notable exceptions. This is actually just what happens to Akira a lot, he's put on autopilot while he's elsewhere or unconscious and then when he returns it's [amount of time] later, and he was seemingly acting normal in many cases. Assumedly only select people or the beach trip itself were affected, as well. Another case of someone tampering with people's minds/memories and changing things for whatever reason.

Regarding Himawari, she almost certainly has plans for or to help Ayane. Right now she seems to be fighting for self-preservation and to aid Ayane and Akira, at least. No idea if her motive here was because Ayane would have been reset, or what other danger she was facing.

As an aside, not sure if this was supposed to actually be a full week+ beach trip or not. I haven't looked at the code, but I'd be interested in checking if something unintentionally caused the day count to increment by eight instead of one. I thought it was a weekend trip until I read that, but could have just been wrong. And the interference adding a week would be weird. Oh well.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes