Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Yea, now you reminded me of how awful Akiras behavior to Ayane during that time was. I need to replay the game, anytime I see the old stuff, its jarring how Akira acted at the beginning.
I don't really see Akira behaving in a specific way that's of note towards Ayane versus how he treats everyone else in the beginning of the game tbh.

A lot of Akira's behavior towards other people follows a "I try to present mostly truth to people, evade the parts of it that would be damning, and thus put myself in a gray area".

If we're talking about being a dick to people, he's one to almost everyone and the people that are out of the curve (imo) are Rin (in that he treats her better than most people if good homie), and Chika (in that he treats her worse than most people by not rejecting their "relationship" and thus cheating on her).

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I don't really see Akira behaving in a specific way that's of note towards Ayane versus how he treats everyone else in the beginning of the game tbh.

A lot of Akira's behavior towards other people follows a "I try to present mostly truth to people, evade the parts of it that would be damning, and thus put myself in a gray area".

If we're talking about being a dick to people, he's one to almost everyone and the people that are out of the curve (imo) are Rin (in that he treats better than most people if good homie), and Chika (in that he treats her worse than most people by not rejecting their "relationship" and thus cheating on her).
Akira is essentially a very horny personification of Occam's broom

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey, don't judge it too harshly until you've tried being Akira's girlfriend, Yumi.

The thing about never wanting something is that Akira never wanted a daughter either and yet Himawari is all he'll ever need (by her own definition).

Silenterra

Apr 7, 2021
I'd think it's technically possible, though it'd be kind of a twist that we're not given huge clues to predict. Depending on how you view/accept the human soul/spirit and whether or not one certain interpretation of that applies to the LiL universe — or if you want to view Himawari as a Schrodinger's cat stand-in as I've put it before — I think any first-born child Ayane has could just be Himawari. Especially in a time-loop setting. Himawari would just be the soul/person that is to be Ayane's child, if that makes sense. In that way it's also possible for Ayane to keep getting pregnant and having that pregnancy reset, and for Himawari to be the "possibility" as others have pointed out that has a binary lives/doesn't live outcome depending on if that pregnancy is eventually* successful. It's hard to claim exactly how everything regarding Himawari works though, and that's just one theory I'm not gonna purport to be the likeliest or true. *edit
That actually makes a lot more sense than whatever schizo theories were going on in my head, thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: PhiloPhilo

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I've always wondered if Himawari could be a diffrent child than the one Ayane was pregnant with in chapter 2. No real reason for this but I've always considered it a possibility, though I suppose anything is possible with all the supernatural time fuckery going on.
An interesting idea and it would be a neat plottwist with well execution, though "Himawari not being the child Ayane carried and mysteriously lost in Ch2" contradicts the finale of the event Untitled where amiokay actively put that unborn baby and Himawari together, effectively decreasing all other possibilities to a negligible level.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

OIUEFIU

Jul 4, 2021
Mabey, but because she is clearly in distress and needs him at that moment while he is constantly dismissing her, not wanting to deal with it, makes it feel a lot worse to me.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Mabey, but because she is clearly in distress and needs him at that moment while he is constantly dismissing her, not wanting to deal with it, makes it feel a lot worse to me.
Through the first two chapters, Akira would always get weird around the topic of pregnancy. When Ami talks about being inseminated, Akira gets up and walks out mid-coitus. When Ayane is laying the foundation to drop news of the pregnancy on him, he threatens to push her off the roof if she talks about being pregnant again.

It was so bad that I had suspected for quite some time that the real reason the loops are happening is because Maya had told him she was pregnant with his child, and he promptly jumped off the roof, and that's the leap that starts the game. Indeed, that was the core impetus behind the entire "Maya is pregnant" theory (that and the way she eats).

The only other reason I can think of for his reaction being so visceral is that maybe Sekai was pregnant when she died. Either way, something is definitely up with the way he has such a complex about pregnancy in the first half of the game (though that aspect of his personality definitely seems to have mellowed by chapter 4)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Through the first two chapters, Akira would always get weird around the topic of pregnancy. When Ami talks about being inseminated, Akira gets up and walks out mid-coitus. When Ayane is laying the foundation to drop news of the pregnancy on him, he threatens to push her off the roof if she talks about being pregnant again.

It was so bad that I had suspected for quite some time that the real reason the loops are happening is because Maya had told him she was pregnant with his child, and he promptly jumped off the roof, and that's the leap that starts the game. Indeed, that was the core impetus behind the entire "Maya is pregnant" theory (that and the way she eats).

The only other reason I can think of for his reaction being so visceral is that maybe Sekai was pregnant when she died. Either way, something is definitely up with the way he has such a complex about pregnancy in the first half of the game (though that aspect of his personality definitely seems to have mellowed by chapter 4)
I dont think you need to look so deeply into this.Its just sensei wanting to avoid responsibility.And being a father is the most responsibility he could take on,so it happening from one day to another is in fact a hellish scenario to him(Although there was that theory that Ami is the daughter of Akira x Sekai and not Sekai x Nozumo but until we get more info we cant be sure about that).

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

I don't know, I always got weird around the topic of pregnancy and I had nightmares about pregnancy on and off during my younger days and yet I never had to get Maya pregnant for it.

Akira is a very visceral person overall to anything that disagrees with him because his whole thing is "If I deal with something, I'll probably end myself and I can't do it because Ami exists, therefore I better run away whenever things get serious because I can't die yet (for her)".

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
I don't know, I always got weird around the topic of pregnancy and I had nightmares about pregnancy on and off during my younger days and yet I never had to get Maya pregnant for it.

Akira is a very visceral person overall to anything that disagrees with him because his whole thing is "If I deal with something, I'll probably end myself and I can't do it because Ami exists, therefore I better run away whenever things get serious because I can't die yet (for her)".
A few years ago, a younger PhiPhi received the dreaded texts. "Hey, I have something to tell you." — "I'm pregnant."
You're right, that shit ain't no joke. I can understand what Bargle said about our boy yeeting himself lmao fuck allat

Reactions: Moonflare
4.20 star(s) 297 Votes