Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Finally got the time to finish the update. I Only have to read through 60 new thread pages this time. You guys need to pump up your post numbers, I thought there would be at least 100 by now (Please don't).

Loved the Yumi event, It was basically perfect, at least as far as I'm concerned. In a way, perhaps, after all this time, they both finally understand each other. And am I the only one that is enough of a goober that I still start crying at the full circle "painted grey" line even after replaying the event 3 times?

Start:
"Our eyes meet.
Hers are grey and mine are absent.
She gazes out at the night one more time.
She takes a breath.
And she paints my absence grey as the anti-sun dances around her."
End:
"I can hear two things -- a storm and the sound of her breathing.
But I can only see one.
Everything else is painted grey."

Then I was stabbed through the heart when my prediction was realised with Chika thinking Yumi was with Akira behind her back the whole time, when Yumi would never betray her. Its so painful. Even in the moment of Chika's misunderstanding Yumi literally breaks it off because she doesn't want to betray Chika. Chika is also probably going to retroactively interpret Yumi keeping the Nodoka stuff from her as Yumi hiding a relationship with Akira from her. If and when Chika confronts her I get the feeling that Yumi is just going to fall to pieces and wont fight back much at all. The whole situation might destroy her more than it does Chika. Its going to be so painful for them, but I remain hopeful they will make it through it in the end.

And I guess Noriko might end up being promoted to my S tier depending on how her attempts to befriend Yumi play out in relation to the likely Yumi Chika fallout.

Also I loved prohibition era mob boss Moyo in the happy event.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
"In The End of the World, Ami has an accident."
"In Bluejay, Makoto falls down."
"It could be argued that Kirin went a bit too far in Prisoner."
"In Nightvision, Miku gets a bit altered."
In StomachAche Io couldn't feel it.

Christ, I go to the bathroom for 5 minutes and my job is gone. It's a real dog eats dog world huh
Down with Dc345 all hail Dc346

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
You do realize that "bullies" doesn't suddenly translate to "everyday bullying", just because you really really like Yumi, right?

'Matador' had Nodoka getting things ready, including taking Yumi's clothes, getting Sensei involved, taking a pic of them, then attempting to blackmail her.

It is bullying though, just like how it was bullying when Yumi tried to strip Futaba, way before that:
Nodoka probably was even inspired by that Event, since it made Futaba feel unsafe even while showering.

The Yumi failing at masturbating then getting cucked by Nodoka stuff, happens in 'Things That Hurt' (if it's not missed), not 'Matador'. In 'Matador' Yumi can reject being blackmailed and leave.

TLDR: You might want to pay more attention.
Yeah, it turns out that the victims of blackmailing have the option to refuse the blackmailer's demands and suffer the consequences. That's what makes it blackmailing.

Yumi is a typical teenage bully. That makes her a cunt. If the school administration found out, she would be suspended. She also apologized and stopped the bullying. Does that absolve her of guilt? Fuck no. But it does mean that things are improving and that Nodoka's response has no purpose other than her own perverse desire for revenge.

Despite that, Nodoka decides to get her revenge by committing multiple felonies (and IANAL, but at least two of these happen in "Matador": the picture itself and the blackmail). If the school administration found out, she would be expelled and sent to juvie (in the US). This is the definition of disproportionate response. I do not know how you can possibly equate the two.

Lil Caster

Mar 6, 2019
I'm confused... Is the "Happiest Girl in the World" event bound to fail? Because whenever I tried to trigger the Lifejacket Event by following the prerequisites like Ressurection Sickness it always led me to the Happiest Girl in the World Event and makes a Miss

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
I'm confused... Is the "Happiest Girl in the World" event bound to fail? Because whenever I tried to trigger the Lifejacket Event by following the prerequisites like Ressurection Sickness it always led me to the Happiest Girl in the World Event and makes a Miss
Sounds like someone was a Bad Homie to Rin… AKA you fingered Chika before the first Beach Trip.

‘rinbetrayed’ is the variable that dictates this btw. Switch it to False.

Also, I don’t know if you’re interested at all in using mods for this game, but I do highly recommend the Guide Mod linked in the OP if you do. It’s a lifesaver and informs you of exactly where to go and what prerequisites you need in every event.

Reactions: aramaug

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yeah, it turns out that the victims of blackmailing have the option to refuse the blackmailer's demands and suffer the consequences. That's what makes it blackmailing.

Yumi is a typical teenage bully. That makes her a cunt. If the school administration found out, she would be suspended. She also apologized and stopped the bullying. Does that absolve her of guilt? Fuck no. But it does mean that things are improving and that Nodoka's response has no purpose other than her own perverse desire for revenge.

Despite that, Nodoka decides to get her revenge by committing multiple felonies (and IANAL, but at least two of these happen in "Matador": the picture itself and the blackmail). If the school administration found out, she would be expelled and sent to juvie (in the US). This is the definition of disproportionate response. I do not know how you can possibly equate the two.
Yumi can literally refuse Nodoka's demands and suffer no consequences for it. Hence why 'Things That Hurt' is missable, and Chika never gets that pic no matter what.

Also "typical teenage bully"?

Ayane had to come to Futaba's aid, to protect her from being stripped naked by Yumi in Chapter 1's 'Weight Limit'. Later on she corners Futaba and threatens to kill her:

On top of this, Yumi also robs people, sells their stuff, scams children, and besides just threatening to kill people, she assaulted a student in their classroom with a bunch of witnesses while yelling:

Both should be in way more trouble than they are. Not just Nodoka. It should have never got to a point where Nodoka wanted revenge, and Yumi should have been expelled and in some kind of therapy, long ago.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Lil Caster

Mar 6, 2019
Also, I don’t know if you’re interested at all in using mods for this game, but I do highly recommend the Guide Mod linked in the OP if you do. It’s a lifesaver and informs you of exactly where to go and what prerequisites you need in every event.
Its on the 41.0 tho, would it even work on 42.0

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Edit: Huh that's weird, it still turned into a missed event even after turning it into false.
Rule of thumb that will help with any future missed events, you can go to the LiL wiki, type in the name of the missed event, and go to Technical Information to look at the script name:

In this particular case, ‘rindate50’. Set it to True and the skip to False. Also make sure ‘rinbetrayed’ is still False.

Its on the 41.0 tho, would it even work on 42.0
Yes, it will. The creator of the mod just doesn’t include a guide for any new updates until the public release drops.

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Yumi didn’t deserve what she got in “Matador” and “Things That Hurt”. But at the same time, Futaba didn’t deserve to be bullied by Yumi for so many years. Yumi was really awful towards her and was likely the sole reason for her bulimia problem to start with.

That said, Nodoka went way too far. That’s not just revenge, it is a series of crimes. And despite Yumi being able to walk away from it in one of the paths, that’s entirely dependent on if she knows about Sensei’s relationship with Chika or not. Obviously the Yumi on the other path is gonna give in to the blackmail, because she’s afraid of hurting her best friend who likes the same guy she does and she’s the only family she has.

I don’t blame Yumi for screaming “I’ll kill you” to Nodoka when beating the shit out of her either. The fuck else was she meant to say after being mentally scarred?

You know what they say: “Two wrongs don’t make a right.” Yumi was wrong for bullying Futaba and Nodoka was wrong for sexually assaulting her and roping Sensei into the mix too.

To play devil’s advocate for Nodoka for a moment, though, I think she’s way too overhated. Like okay sure, the Yumi thing didn’t earn her any points, but as we’ve learned… most of what she does, she does not out of malice, but as a way to shape the world herself.

Just look at what happened after she outed Io’s backstory in front of everyone. It made Io uncomfortable, but will ultimately over time be able to move her forward. You can even compare this to Tsuneyo’s standup routine in Dorm Wars 2. It served the exact same purpose.

Even last update, where Nodoka caught on to a lot of aspects about their world, including the time loops and gateways between existential planes.

Nodoka’s fucking weird and polarizing, but also interesting.

Imo Otoha is a way more hatable character. Her betrayal of Rin multiple times and her annoyingly aloof demeanor never fails to get a lip smack out of me.

Chika’s the one who summed it up best:

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes