shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
I still think something involving Chika is more likely, but I'm not sure there's enough space before the reset for Chinami to get sick and die all in 0.43. Surely we would need Chika and/or Yumi events after her death in order to see how it affects them? But there aren't any in 0.44, and the main events will probably be packed with a Halloween party and a reset.
There isn't enough time for her to die in 0.43 but she can leave the update really bedridden like the previews have shown. Chinami's death possibly at the hands of Chika and Yumi fighting can absolutely happen as a main event in 0.44 and something that traumatic could be the trigger for the reset.

Oct 1, 2023
There isn't enough time for her to die in 0.43 but she can leave the update really bedridden like the previews have shown. Chinami's death possibly at the hands of Chika and Yumi fighting can absolutely happen as a main event in 0.44 and something that traumatic could be the trigger for the reset.
Nothing as traumatic as seeing the big cock monster in front of your face

• Haha
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I agree with the Chinami thing, but as a counterpoint, if Chinami is going to die, then it would make sense that it happens right before a reset, as she can come back right after. People don't die in kumon-mi after all, and if Chinami's a character she too is meant to achieve completion, thus she can't not be there (for long).
It's spring, and spring never happens in Kumon-Mi.

All bets are off.

Maybe in spring, death actually sticks -- or at least until it's no longer spring.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It's spring, and spring never happens in Kumon-Mi.

All bets are off.

Maybe in spring, death actually sticks -- or at least until it's no longer spring.
The basis for this could be either right or wrong. It seems that the cycles are supposed to have spring and fall. Winter takes two resets, and Summer does the same. This probably means that even with spring and fall having been taken, their original reset spots are still there, which would also mean that spring and fall reset the world as well, same as Winter and Summer.

It's strange because having just one continuous seasonal cycle without resets would also mean no Wires, HOPE or Pareidolia, since they'd probably get fused again into a single being. Maybe they're never gods to begin with and the nature of the resets and their split is an attempt to maintain their makeshift divinity (they're called makeshift gods after all).

Himawari is either confused or playing dumb at Ayane's mention of a reset. Wild theory time, what if the actual gods that visit Kumon-Mi through the gate aren't even aware of the reset mechanic, as it is a fake divine act on the simulation/minds of its people alone?

Furthermore, if the four gods aren't even gods, what does it mean for NAO (xeonon) to call her acts half-divine in nature? Is that because she's a fragment of a higher being, a spawn of a something and a god, or something else entirely?

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
Akira is actually a marsh wobler.He has said so himself early on in the game

"But nobody cares that im a marsh wobler"
The marsh warbler (Acrocephalus palustris)
[...]It is notable for incorporating striking imitations of a wide variety of other birds into its song.[...]

Akira did say that he is a white fronted parrot when he was with Nodoka. I suppose, being a marsh warbler makes it easy for him to imitate other birds.
I could imagine Yumi calling him a dickcissel, for example.

Reactions: Comiies

Deathfollows

Apr 4, 2024
>People dont die in Kumon mi
>Makotos father and Sekai
>Are we a joke to you?

Anyways to add to the tin foil theories.The way i interpet the relationship between the world and the terminals is that of a tree(Insert laugh track about wires) and its branches

The world is the tree.The host to every ternimal and the terminals themselves are its branches.When the terminals "die" and dissapear their cut off from the tree and wither away.IF we follow that interpetation now the various gods and miscreants that inhabit said terminals are pests that hurt the tree,break the branches and move from one branch to another until it breaks and dissapears.

In short i believe that the conflict of these deities will cause the branch to break(Maybe thats the reason why Wires is so hellbent in keeping the status quo? And if thats the case is Hope dissatisfied with how subservient they are to the tree and thats why he wants reform? And even more so is pareidolia bitter about it just like hope but instead of seeking reform he wishes to destroy its owner? Stuff to think about i suppose)
were either of them IN Kumon-me? Makoto's dad wasnt and Sekai happened way before the fuckery thats happening now.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
were either of them IN Kumon-me? Makoto's dad wasnt and Sekai happened way before the fuckery thats happening now.
They both died before the fuckery started.

The fuckery loops from mid/late summer to early January. If the phone call Maki got is to be taken at face value, he died in June. There is no June within the time loop -- meaning he was already dead when the game began.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
guys did you know that Kumon-mi is a wordplay on "cum on me" haha crazy right subscribe for more theories
Sort of related but it really bugs me when characters say their wordplay does not work in text, forgetting they are supposed to be speaking Japanese. I know it's just a little fourth wall breaking joke but still it irks me.

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes