Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
No, she consented.
Further, she requested, urged and taunted.

Stomachache is so hard to watch because both of them are putting themselves into that situation in an effort to deal with it the best they can, in the only way they can think of. Io is trying to salvage their relationship by making herself into the doll her predator taught her to be, Akira is trying to salvage their relationship by playing the Sekai role to Io's young Akira.

It is an awful to watch but beautiful scene in concept of what it's communicating to both of them. The ways to show love that their predators taught them were lies, and the look on Akira's face as he realises that is haunting.

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Further, she requested, urged and taunted.

Stomachache is so hard to watch because both of them are putting themselves into that situation in an effort to deal with it the best they can, in the only way they can think of. Io is trying to salvage their relationship by making herself into the doll her predator taught her to be, Akira is trying to salvage their relationship by playing the Sekai role to Io's young Akira.

It is an awful to watch but beautiful scene in concept of what it's communicating to both of them. The way to show love that their predators taught them were lies, and the look on Akira's face as he realises that is haunting.
What i loved most about stomacheache is when Akira says that Sekai is the one he loves.After everything Io said about how she got abused Akira said that he loves sekai.Now i know that its not real love and its just abuser love but holy fuck was this nice.

Think of it like this.Akira had a perfect mirror infornt of him.A person that had a similar experience,a person that carries a similar burden,with similar wounds.And that person expressed such disgust,such pure unfilltered hatred and vitriol for her abusers while he exclaims his love for his.Its such a huge contrast between the 2.One expressing hatred and the other love.One of my favourite events and im happy that Io has something this grotesquely beautiful to her name.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
What i loved most about stomacheache is when Akira says that Sekai is the one he loves.After everything Io said about how she got abused Akira said that he loves sekai.Now i know that its not real love and its just abuser love but holy fuck was this nice.

Think of it like this.Akira had a perfect mirror infornt of him.A person that had a similar experience,a person that carries a similar burden,with similar wounds.And that person expressed such disgust,such pure unfilltered hatred and vitriol for her abusers while he exclaims his love for his.Its such a huge contrast between the 2.One expressing hatred and the other love.One of my favourite events and im happy that Io has something this grotesquely beautiful to her name.
Io's the first one Akira opens up about Sekai with. And I'd point out that even more impactful than he saying that he loves Sekai is that he recognizes that he shoudn't, and that it's probably stockholm's.

It's important because it states the dissonance in his mind. He knows logically that he should see her as an enemy, and yet he can't break free of her infection.

Io stating that she'd kill her mother is way more advanced in terms of dealing with it than Akira's (granted, they are very different scenarios). But I think, to an extent, it also represents the difference that it made for Io to receive counseling and a support group.

Ultimately, Akira needs to brink Sekai into the light so that he can properly exorcise her. Which I think is why Himawari is present in her restoration. They summoned the ghost, so now it can be defeated once and for all (I hope).

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Io's the first one Akira opens up about Sekai with. And I'd point out that even more impactful than he saying that he loves Sekai is that he recognizes that he shoudn't, and that it's probably stockholm's.

It's important because it states the dissonance in his mind. He knows logically that he should see her as an enemy, and yet he can't break free of her infection.

Io stating that she'd kill her mother is way more advanced in terms of dealing with it than Akira's (granted, they are very different scenarios). But I think, to an extent, it also represents the difference that it made for Io to receive counseling and a support group.

Ultimately, Akira needs to brink Sekai into the light so that he can properly exorcise her. Which I think is why Himawari is present in her restoration. They summoned the ghost, so now it can be defeated once and for all (I hope).
Mhm i agree that Akira needs to deal with sekai on his own but i dont know about himawaris role in all of this.Im more of the opinion that shes here to deal with the supernatural side of things and not akiras trauma.

But what i believe(and hope) will happen is that the relationship between Akira and Sekai will accidentally be revealed(Maybe one of the girls peeks at Wakanas/Nodokas notes,or maybe Osako has a mini mental breakdown and starts screaming "IDC THAT HE IS AN ABUSE VICTIM AND THAT IT INVOLVES YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR I JUST WANT YOUR ATTENTION" or something osako like) and that will create a domino effect which will slowly force Akira to confront her.

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes