Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
and if I remember right the game actually tells you to visit yumi before the hot springs event
It actually does? When/where/how? I have no memory of it and cannot imagine how it would go, it's been a very very long time since that part of the game was the new toy on the playground.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Bleh, well i retract my previous complaint regarding the yumiknows flag being completely invisible.
There's every possibility I may be conflating it with something else (possibly the beach trip with Makoto and Miku). My memory is shit these days, and I'm still rebuilding my save file after I overwrote the old one like a dumbass. I guess I'll find out when i get to that point (again)

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
There's every possibility I may be conflating it with something else (possibly the beach trip with Makoto and Miku). My memory is shit these days, and I'm still rebuilding my save file after I overwrote the old one like a dumbass. I guess I'll find out when i get to that point (again)
Cool, @ me if you do see it, i prefer not to spout bullshit and instead know the truth about things.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Bingoogus The exact quote is:
"Congratulations! You can now go on a special trip with Chika!"
"Things like this might happen every once in a while because you’re a super awesome, super likable guy who lights up the room just by walking in."
"To go on this trip, call Chika in the morning."
"But, before that, you might want to pay her roommate a visit."
then it should trigger a full alternate scene,
It does, though. Yumi just saying "fuck off" to blackmail and storming off was a great alternate scene. Really scratched that "why don't they just explain things" urge that appears every time I see the blackmail trope in fiction. Just because it doesn't explicitly replace the crossed-out event doesn't make it non-existent.
But if you follow the games advice you missed the new lude scene that just happened so I definitely see your point.
Hm? It's the other way around. If you get "Abyss" before onsen trip, yumiknows is set to false and thus you get "Things That Hurt".

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The exact quote is:
Thank you kindly.
It does, though.
It does but not in the way i mean, like, yes it's an alternate 'scene' but it's essentially just an off-ramp to the scene, you end up with a red crossed-out missed scene in the replay screen rather than a full alternate version of the same scene. Like, mechanically i found that off-ramp mini-scene really satisfying, (go Yumi!), but i was pissed it led to a strikethrough on the following scene and cause Selebus is a monumental troll, you just know any missed scene is going to become a problem at some point like badhomie did, even the quote you quoted says you should talk to Yumi first, those who didn't are going to wish they had at some point.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
you just know any missed scene is going to become a problem at some point like badhomie did
That is a very arguable conclusion. I mean, yeah, Yumi knowing about the extent of Sensei's relationship with Chika probably will cause complications for his relationship with the former - there is a reason I avoid it on my save - but that's not because a scene was missed, it's because Yumi knows about the extent of Sensei's relationship with Chika. For example, not fucking Haruka might well be "better", even though it misses a bunch of events.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That is a very arguable conclusion. I mean, yeah, Yumi knowing about the extent of Sensei's relationship with Chika probably will cause complications for his relationship with the former - there is a reason I avoid it on my save - but that's not because a scene was missed, it's because Yumi knows about the extent of Sensei's relationship with Chika. For example, not fucking Haruka might well be "better", even though it misses a bunch of events.
Well, of course it might be, but we have no way to know, all we have to measure this stuff is events being flagged as missed and the fact that Selebus is completely unsympathetic to people just wanting to play the game and not have their time wasted by missing some tiny but crucial details buried in the long monologues of philosophical fluff. I'm not saying whether he's right or wrong to make his game this way but for those of us who just want to enjoy the game and not get tripped up we have to work with what we have and thus missed scenes have to be assumed to be bad news, whether they turn out to be or not. Until it is otherwise revealed to be a false assumption to make, it's the safest choice.

Reactions: okokok

theblasbla

Feb 2, 2018
GOOD GOD, that Haruka scene. I usually dislike "poetry" with my NTR(if you know what I mean), but I certainly do enjoy this actual poetry.

It was beautiful. Exhilarating.

Edit: Just did a morning visit to Haruka at the cafe right afterwards, and I have to say the attention to detail is impressive.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Well, of course it might be, but we have no way to know, all we have to measure this stuff is events being flagged as missed and the fact that Selebus is completely unsympathetic to people just wanting to play the game and not have their time wasted by missing some tiny but crucial details buried in the long monologues of philosophical fluff. I'm not saying whether he's right or wrong to make his game this way but for those of us who just want to enjoy the game and not get tripped up we have to work with what we have and thus missed scenes have to be assumed to be bad news, whether they turn out to be or not. Until it is otherwise revealed to be a false assumption to make, it's the safest choice.
Selebus is just enough of a troll that the red strikethrough may be the optimal path and we don't know it yet.

The playthrough I'm working on now was intended to be a bad homie/yumi knows/good uncle playthrough, but it got saved over my old save before any of those decisions were made. I still intend to maintain both saves, one with all content available and one making the "bad" choices (the ones that lock away content), because I'm curious to see what the long-term ramifications of those decisions are. IIRC, Selebus is STILL writing alt-dialogue for Bad Homie, and he's not gonna go through that effort if it's not relevant somehow.

• Thinking Face

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Ami's event "Heaven for Human Blood" has left me a bit confused. Iirc, this is the first time we've seen Ami act like this, where it seems like her and Sensei are in a happy event but they're both fully conscious. I wonder how/if that ties into anything in some way or has any greater ramifications. She has crossed out lines about wanting to talk about wires and what happens after we die, and then she goes on this tangent about Sensei having never tutored Maya and that maybe someone is manipulating his memories.. and it's all just so weird.

I'm curious what the common interpretation for this event is. I noticed that in the wiki, there is no actual event description for it, but it does make note that the event title and the alternative title for if you miss it are both references to William Blake's poem 'Auguries of Innocence'. I'm not really sure what to make of all of that. Maya and Noriko both confirm that Sensei tutored her, and I'm pretty sure that future events have confirmed that as well, so how would Maya have gotten acquainted with Ami if not through Sensei? And why did they hide their knowledge of each other from Ami? Was is just because they were in a relationship? But then even passed that, where does Maya even come from? And also, what might Ami be referencing when she suggest that something bad might have happened to Sensei that he was hiding from her? Perhaps it was him getting Maya pregnant?

So many questions lol. This event really creeped me the fuck out and made me question a lot of things about the story that I thought I was beginning to truly figure out now that I'm on my second playthrough.

• Thinking Face

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Ami's event "Heaven for Human Blood" has left me a bit confused. Iirc, this is the first time we've seen Ami act like this, where it seems like her and Sensei are in a happy event but they're both fully conscious. I wonder how/if that ties into anything in some way or has any greater ramifications. She has crossed out lines about wanting to talk about wires and what happens after we die, and then she goes on this tangent about Sensei having never tutored Maya and that maybe someone is manipulating his memories.. and it's all just so weird.

I'm curious what the common interpretation for this event is. I noticed that in the wiki, there is no actual event description for it, but it does make note that the event title and the alternative title for if you miss it are both references to William Blake's poem 'Auguries of Innocence'. I'm not really sure what to make of all of that. Maya and Noriko both confirm that Sensei tutored her, and I'm pretty sure that future events have confirmed that as well, so how would Maya have gotten acquainted with Ami if not through Sensei? And why did they hide their knowledge of each other from Ami? Was is just because they were in a relationship? But then even passed that, where does Maya even come from? And also, what might Ami be referencing when she suggest that something bad might have happened to Sensei that he was hiding from her? Perhaps it was him getting Maya pregnant?

So many questions lol. This event really creeped me the fuck out and made me question a lot of things about the story that I thought I was beginning to truly figure out now that I'm on my second playthrough.
Assumption (but good one i guess):
Because Ami is jealouse.
When they were rotting away in their apartment, she took care of Sensei, although she felt just as bad.

For what ever reason (maybe once i knew), Sensei starts tutoring Maya and Noriko.
I guess it was mainly because of Maya, but also doing something again, that made Sensei starting to feel better.
Ami realised that Sensei got better and that it wasn't her caring alone or at all anymore.
And so, out of jealousy, she "decides" that the tutoring never happened and Sensei felt better alone by her taking care of him.

buff

May 29, 2017
So yeah, what do you guys think? I just fear that Selebus will just fuck us over and never give definitive answers in the end so we will just keep theorizing for the rest of our lives.
I don't think he will do that on purpose. He's making good money and turning out a great product and he works hard as hell, if he was a milker he wouldn't be releasing big-ass updates twice a month.

It is entirely possible something will eventually piss him off enough to quit though. I sure as hell hope not. And of course in something that takes year of real time, RL events could certainly intervene and make him stop working.

iebb03

Jul 22, 2019

There's a lot that can be extracted from that event. When it first drop it seems like we were seeing a Happy event involving both Sensei and Ami, after the Ode to marsh warbler event added in the rework it's now clear that Ami know about sensei's delusional episodes, so maybe she was just trying to comfort him while also laying on him her new insecurities. Why does she says that Sensei never tutored Maya? I think she's just in negation about it as I suspect she probably learned about it from Noriko, and doesn't want to think of the implications of Sensei knowing Maya from before and both of them hiding it.

Going into tinfoil material, I have a theory that this Ami is not the real Ami or is being influenced/manipulated by Sekai. In the most recent reset during Lamb Legs we have a scene with a 'different' Ami telling us that she couldn't comunicated with us before. During the date with Ami just before the reset starts Sekai appears talking to Ami, and she also 'breaks' when reading a poem wrote by her mother.

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
There's a lot that can be extracted from that event. When it first drop it seems like we were seeing a Happy event involving both Sensei and Ami, after the Ode to marsh warbler event added in the rework it's now clear that Ami know about sensei's delusional episodes, so maybe she was just trying to comfort him while also laying on him her new insecurities. Why does she says that Sensei never tutored Maya? I think she's just in negation about it as I suspect she probably learned about it from Noriko, and doesn't want to think of the implications of Sensei knowing Maya from before and both of them hiding it.

Going into tinfoil material, I have a theory that this Ami is not the real Ami or is being influenced/manipulated by Sekai. In the most recent reset during Lamb Legs we have a scene with a 'different' Ami telling us that she couldn't comunicated with us before. During the date with Ami just before the reset starts Sekai appears talking to Ami, and she also 'breaks' when reading a poem wrote by her mother.
Man reading that theory gives me chills. There certainly is something up with Ami, and up until recently I just presumed it was nothing more than the yandere overtones and severe trauma that affect her behavior. I just played through the Dorm Wars event chain again and in the The Scary Room event where Maya sees a slideshow(?) and is about to be reset or whatever, it's kinda clicking for me now that Ami has to be involved in the greater mystery of wtf is going on in this world.

I've read the theories that she's probably Sensei's daughter and all that, but I feel now that there has to be more of a connection with her and the three gods as well. I can't remember if it's happened yet, but I'd love to see some interaction between her and Yasu. I feel like she'd immediately point out some of the salient points about her place in the world.

• Thinking Face

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

I personally do believe that Sensei had tutored Maya before due to the same reasoning as yours, so the easiest way to think about Ami’s reaction is like what ppl mentioned: a mixture of jealousy and denial (she is a yandere after all). Unfortunately, it's difficult to deduce anything since we currently still don’t have a complete picture of the past; the information is always some descriptions one-sided from Ami, Maya, or Noriko (at best, some happy scenes or hectic events like Maya’s nightmare during the latest reset might offer some hints, but they're just confusing by design). It’s not entirely impossible that some of the things any of them said is partial truth, their own version of truth, their own vision of what should’ve been the truth, or just flat out not the truth (Perception matters!). Remember the time Sensei believed that Ami and Ayane kissed before during older times only because Ayane said so? Let's take things these girls claimed with a grain of salt before discerning who's lying or manipulating.

However, I do feel like there is always a chance of Sensei had tutored Maya before and You never tutored Maya before both being the truth, given how “happy” this event seems. More importantly, we have already seen how this world of reset can rewrite a certain person's certain memory while leaving others' memories as-is (ex1: No one remembered Makoto's change after Blue jay except for Maki; ex2: pregnant Ayane's memory right before reset being rewritten to not knowing the sleepover existed, while Sana still remembered and actually attended). Could Ami's perception insertloudbang regarding the fact that Maya once being tutored by Sensei was rewritten unbeknownst to everyone? Could it be the other way around?

In addition, since this event is "quite happy", it forces me to wonder if there is some influence from celestial beings involved. Ami is the daughter of Sekai and Nozomu (or potentially Sensei), and has quite the history of "freaking out". If this indicates that Ami can also be "touched by god" or "logged in", perhaps the statement You never tutored Maya before could be from the aspect of someone other the Ami (or still Ami but under some sort of influence) referencing a version of Maya we never met (imagine Sensei at the time is in fact talking to HOPE or Sekai the whole time). But of course, the fact that literally no one knows about where Maya came from makes it impossible to solve the puzzle. Thus, for now, we can only speculate before more vivid hints are disclosed. All we can agree on for now is that:

- The something bad Ami suggested right now is mostly believed to be hinting Sensei impregnating Maya or least being intimate to Maya
- Ami is creepy af (this girl scared the shit out of me more times than I am willing to admit)

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
Iirc, this is the first time we've seen Ami act like this, where it seems like her and Sensei are in a happy event but they're both fully conscious. I wonder how/if that ties into anything in some way or has any greater ramifications. She has crossed out lines about wanting to talk about wires and what happens after we die, and then she goes on this tangent about Sensei having never tutored Maya and that maybe someone is manipulating his memories.. and it's all just so weird.
Because Ami is jealouse.
it's now clear that Ami know about sensei's delusional episodes, so maybe she was just trying to comfort him while also laying on him her new insecurities.
There certainly is something up with Ami, and up until recently I just presumed it was nothing more than the yandere overtones and severe trauma that affect her behavior

Idk if you guys remember but Ami is on Judas place in the previous OFFICIAL game art used as cover art in this thread (Last Supper) which i doubt its a good thing :ROFLMAO:
Also her father's name literally translating to HOPE (one of the "entities") doesn't help :ROFLMAO:
AND given the OBVIOUS hints in the "relationship" between Sensei and Sekai, she could be Sensei's daughter too :unsure:

So yeah, there's a lot of things going on with Amy, that's why i think her character is the most intriguing since the beginning (given how "easy" she accepts the amnesia thing).

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
I personally do believe that Sensei had tutored Maya before due to the same reasoning as yours, so the easiest way to think about Ami’s reaction is like what ppl mentioned: a mixture of jealousy and denial (she is a yandere after all). Unfortunately, it's difficult to deduce anything since we currently still don’t have a complete picture of the past; the information is always some descriptions one-sided from Ami, Maya, or Noriko (at best, some happy scenes or hectic events like Maya’s nightmare during the latest reset might offer some hints, but they're just confusing by design). It’s not entirely impossible that some of the things any of them said is partial truth, their own version of truth, their own vision of what should’ve been the truth, or just flat out not the truth (Perception matters!). Remember the time Sensei believed that Ami and Ayane kissed before during older times only because Ayane said so? Let's take things these girls claimed with a grain of salt before discerning who's lying or manipulating.

However, I do feel like there is always a chance of Sensei had tutored Maya before and You never tutored Maya before both being the truth, given how “happy” this event seems. More importantly, we have already seen how this world of reset can rewrite a certain person's certain memory while leaving others' memories as-is (ex1: No one remembered Makoto's change after Blue jay except for Maki; ex2: pregnant Ayane's memory right before reset being rewritten to not knowing the sleepover existed, while Sana still remembered and actually attended). Could Ami's perception insertloudbang regarding the fact that Maya once being tutored by Sensei was rewritten unbeknownst to everyone? Could it be the other way around?

In addition, since this event is "quite happy", it forces me to wonder if there is some influence from celestial beings involved. Ami is the daughter of Sekai and Nozomu (or potentially Sensei), and has quite the history of "freaking out". If this indicates that Ami can also be "touched by god" or "logged in", perhaps the statement You never tutored Maya before could be from the aspect of someone other the Ami (or still Ami but under some sort of influence) referencing a version of Maya we never met (imagine Sensei at the time is in fact talking to HOPE or Sekai the whole time). But of course, the fact that literally no one knows about where Maya came from makes it impossible to solve the puzzle. Thus, for now, we can only speculate before more vivid hints are disclosed. All we can agree on for now is that:

- The something bad Ami suggested right now is mostly believed to be hinting Sensei impregnating Maya or least being intimate to Maya
- Ami is creepy af (this girl scared the shit out of me more times than I am willing to admit)
Hmm yes I agree with all of this. I hadn't really considered the implications of the whole Ayane lying about her and Ami kissing thing.
It certainly is impossible to say what has truly happened between any of the characters, and I think I lean towards the idea that there have been so many cycles and resets already that pretty much everything we are presented with is true in some way or in some timeline. There are so many threads (or wires, I guess) and it's all become so knotted up that you could reasonably assume that nothing is real, or that everything is, and even that both states of existence are true simultaneously. I just really hope that by the time this story ends, at least some of these elements of the world are definitively explained and we're not left speculating forever.

But yes, Ami is definitely super fucking creepy but in a way that is completely different from how Yasu is creepy. It's like Ami's character lulls you into a false sense of security and whenever she breaks, I genuinely get frightened. For all the disturbing things that occur in the happy events, it's things like her sudden tonal shifts when talking to Sensei that really sends shivers down my spine.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
4.20 star(s) 298 Votes