Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
It's definitely more than that, his name isn't something only she has, either. It's Otoha that tells her in the first place. Her main thing is that she wants to understand and uncover, which means understanding who he is, and why he "hid that name"
Its actually both!

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
While this is extremely heartwarming, it makes me feel sad for Sara. Poor woman never stood a chance.
Logically, Sara isn't a good fit for a better Akira. Niki is even more bound to Akira than she is, but Niki is able to at least try to set boundaries and try to guide him into a better path.

Sara is a massive enabler for whatever he does, and I wouldn't put it past her to accept a oyakodon situation involving Sana (maybe even Ami). So, if Akira's future lies in not getting better, Sara would be a better fit than Niki in that way I guess.

Tbf Sara's offer to "get married" (basically) at the end of the trip was very Sara, and very nonsensical as well. It just goes to show her issues in not getting over her son's death and her personal demons/psychosis passing on to Sana - and Akira's also definitely not the one that's going to help her with that.

Edit: So yeah, basically what people have already said, Niki wins by default. Which is a shame cause I personally like Sara.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, that is adorable.

To be fair, Wakana just so happened to have read all of Sekai's books / poetry and been extremely into it coincidentally. And assumedly, Nodoka is in the exact same boat(?) Being another fucking nerd that reads books and all. Her reaction to finding out his name is Akira was pretty telling, she probably figured everything out immediately.
I don't really know why his first name would be that important anyway, I feel like I forgot a scene about one of Sekai's poems or something but I'm kinda lost on that honestly. Wakana made the connection from Ami's poetry to Sekai's poetry to everyone have the same last name. "Shrug emoji."
Wakana figured out Ami's mother was "The Girl Who Cannot Breathe" due to how similar the 20+ poems (only was supposed to send 1) that Ami sent her, were, to them, and Ami claiming she was inspired by her mother's old poems. Then Wakana likely figured that "The Boy" in them was Sensei (due to how he acted when it came to the poems), and that Sekai was "The Girl" due to her being Ami's mother.

Nodoka only recently figured out the Ami mother connection due to Wakana and Ami more or less pointing it out at the beach, and seems lost on who "Akira" is supposed to be:
I can't help but think that Nodoka is just going to state the obvious when it comes to her secret Ami info:

Nodoka - "Akira, Ami's mother is 'The Girl Who Cannot Breathe', and she's most likely...a Pedo."
Sensei - "...No shit..."

But here's hoping it's something a little more interesting.

Nodoka probably just reacted to Sensei's name the way she did, due to it being the first time she heard it. She seems fascinated with getting to know the real him:

Last edited:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Okay, that is adorable.

Wakana figured out Ami's mother was "The Girl Who Cannot Breathe" due to how similar the 20+ poems (only was supposed to send 1) that Ami sent her, were, to them, and Ami claiming she was inspired by her mother's poems. Then Wakana likely figured that "The Boy" in them was Sensei (due to how he acted when it came to the poems), and that Sekai was "The Girl" due to her being Ami's mother.

Nodoka only recently figured out the Ami mother connection due to Wakana and Ami more or less pointing it out at the beach, and seems lost on who "Akira" is supposed to be:
I can't help but think that Nodoka is just going to state the obvious when it comes to her secret Ami info:

Nodoka - "Akira, Ami's mother is 'The Girl Who Cannot Breathe', and she's most likely...a Pedo.".
Sensei - "...No shit..."

But here's hoping it's something a little more interesting.

Nodoka probably just reacted to Sensei's name the way she did, due to it being the first time she heard it. She seems fascinated with getting to know the real him:
My timeline's a bit off then lol. Both of them knowing about Sekai's work is interesting, though. I can't imagine Nodoka not making the connection between Akira and Ami's mother eventually, with her obsession over the truth/knowledge. It'll be interesting to see what she makes of it

No, DeSkel. That is AMIable.

I'll see myself out.
I fucking hate that that's a word now.

• Haha
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I fucking hate that that's a word now.
I mean, I think it's been a word for a couple of centuries at least. If you mean that I once again made you hate something you didn't before... You're welcome :ROFLMAO: please forward your payments to the nearest ihop.

Edit: I also want to make a point on Nodoka that doesn't really merit an entire post. I think it's fair to say that we may never see the real Nodoka in the current cycle.

She behaves like a person tormented by something, and that is increasingly pointed out as the updates roll out. What she says during Yasu's last events "I have to get it, cause that means she got it, and so I have to get it too, you get it?", or something to that effect, when coupled with what we know about her, might mean that Nodoka is compelled to solve things instead of wanting to.

Maybe that's the real Nodoka, but maybe Nodoka also has her own demons passed down by her family - and she'd be a different person without those supernatural/psychological responsabilities. Well, she'd definitely be a different person regardless if not having to care/provide for what (I assume) is a disabled person since she was a little girl.

Last edited:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Nodoka is compelled to solve things instead of wanting to.
I've been tryna say this. Nodoka is obsessed with knowledge and understanding things/people. That's partially why she compiled everyone's habits and experiences into a book and held the Nodokathon. It's not just the perverse satisfaction, it's understanding people and their carnal desires, too. And also why she has to find or "get" things. Whether or not it's familial/something similar to Sekai & Ami, she can't help it. She can't not know.

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I'm kind of surprised by how much people like Imani and Rika. Besides Imani's tragic backstory, I find both of them super forgettable. Imani serves a purpose in the story forsure, but Rika to me seems like pure filler.
Ive legit never seen anyone even mention Rika other than off hand comments about "Haha now we HAVE to hook up with her to complete the friendgroup bonding experience teehee".She has no content and is pretty forgettable.

Imani is bae though.Good personality and she will play a vital role in many girls storyline in the future

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Ive legit never seen anyone even mention Rika other than off hand comments about "Haha now we HAVE to hook up with her to complete the friendgroup bonding experience teehee".She has no content and is pretty forgettable.

Imani is bae though.Good personality and she will play a vital role in many girls storyline in the future
Saw a few posts a few pages ago of people talking about how she wasn't getting love in the previews. Maybe it was ironic complaints lol

Imani is fine, but her character design is off putting to me. I don't want to say because she's black, but it just looks off. Like she kinda creeps me out. I agree that her personality is cool though and shes obviously going to be really consequential to the rest of the girls in the class. I also just didn't buy the whole "I like her a lot but I don't want to ruin our relationship" thing that Akira had with her. It didn't seem like there was enough development with their dynamic to really warrant that. Granted, it had been awhile since I played before I played through the last 20 or so updates, and maybe I'm just not remembering earlier events when she was first introduced. But that kinda goes to show that shes underdeveloped if there's that big of a gap between consequential moments with her.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
I'm kind of surprised by how much people like Imani and Rika. Besides Imani's tragic backstory, I find both of them super forgettable. Imani serves a purpose in the story forsure, but Rika to me seems like pure filler.
How is Imani forgettable? She's literally the only black She tried to murder her students with a giant spherical rock and alligators. She works other languages into her speech when she's angry/shy. She's basically Rin but older and more quippy. She connects with her students and tries to empower them as she sees herself in them. She's pretty easily pulled her weight. Also she's black.

I don't want to say because she's black

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Saw a few posts a few pages ago of people talking about how she wasn't getting love in the previews. Maybe it was ironic complaints lol

Imani is fine, but her character design is off putting to me. I don't want to say because she's black, but it just looks off. Like she kinda creeps me out. I agree that her personality is cool though and shes obviously going to be really consequential to the rest of the girls in the class. I also just didn't buy the whole "I like her a lot but I don't want to ruin our relationship" thing that Akira had with her. It didn't seem like there was enough development with their dynamic to really warrant that. Granted, it had been awhile since I played before I played through the last 20 or so updates, and maybe I'm just not remembering earlier events when she was first introduced. But that kinda goes to show that shes underdeveloped if there's that big of a gap between consequential moments with her.
>Bro doesnt like imani cause shes black
kekw

Now in all seriousness.The reason that Akira gave as to why he doesnt want things to progress with imani make sense if you think about 1 simple thing.The Akira rn(Especially after the whole 2 month coma) is an extremely vurnerable state where he experiences various emotions in varying degrees of intensity all the time.So when someone,anyone is kind and friendly to him he is bound to respond in kind(I can also do a deep dive into abuse victim mentality and bla bla but w/e)

TLDR:Akira due to his past is weak to kindness so he values imani,hence his hesitation to hurt their relationship.

• Haha
Reactions: Riolol and jamyong

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
How is Imani forgettable? She's literally the only black She tried to murder her students with a giant spherical rock and alligators. She works other languages into her speech when she's angry/shy. She's basically Rin but older and more quippy. She connects with her students and tries to empower them as she sees herself in them. She's pretty easily pulled her weight. Also she's black.

Adult models go so hard bro ong

• Haha
Reactions: PhiloPhilo
4.20 star(s) 299 Votes