Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Indeed. That was one of the ones that almost made me give up the game -- and made me start playing it with the code open.

Thank the three moons that Sel hasn't started archiving his scripts, etc., as .rpa files.

Hey... Wasn't there a three-moon sequence on Maya's birthday scene? Or am I remembering that wrong?
I started reading the code after the i think it was the second reset. That really sucked balls. But with the code? Resets became a total none issue.

Hm, i dont remember any three moons from her birthday, but there was a bunny in the shrine they wanted to visit that was out of order.

Reactions: Antosha

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
I started reading the code after the i think it was the second reset. That really sucked balls. But with the code? Resets became a total none issue.

Hm, i dont remember any three moons from her birthday, but there was a bunny in the shrine they wanted to visit that was out of order.
Hmmm. Maybe it was one of the earlier beach trips? But I have a strong memory of the two of them looking out and seeing three (different colored) moons.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Another question I have for this update is some technicality regarding ghost Sekai.
Why didn't Akira react to Sekai putting words into Ami's mouth right in front of him?
View attachment 3899433
Though it has been revealed that Ami can also sense Sekai's presence, she has plenty of reasons to choose not to call out her ghostly mom puppeteering her due to Ami's own conflicts in interest with Niki. However, Akira would never be able to continue engaging in a conversation normally if he could see Sekai literally acting up and joining in the discussion in front of him.

The only reasonable option for me is that whether Ami could sense Sekai at that scene or not, Akira couldn't see Sekai at that moment. This honestly is quite surprising for me. This not only means Sekai might be able to go cloaking while maintaining her influence (or even choose which individual can see her and which cannot), but this also suggests that she is willing to conceal her presence from Akira, and maybe even Ami, in order to proceed with her scheme.

Both of these are very worrying. I was thinking that at least these two remaining Arakawas will always be able to observe Sekai should she wish to show up in front of viewers and actively participating, but this scene is really telling me otherwise.
Are you saying Sekai is being sneaky and manipulative?

casablanca-humphrey-bogart.gif

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Personally i am not convinved that any of the dead people we have seen, or we have seen people speak with, or mention they speak with them, are actually those dead people. Just think of that one maya just this very update, she wasnt real. But she was still used like sock puppet. And i think the same is true for sana with her brother, or in this case sekai.

So there might be maybe some leftover from the real people that sometimes are allowed to do whatever when they are not used. A bit like Miller in the expanse. But, it seems more like their appearance is just been used to manipulate people.
Hmmm. Maybe it was one of the earlier beach trips? But I have a strong memory of the two of them looking out and seeing three (different colored) moons.
I mean the three moons sort of ring a bell. But i cant place where they might have appeared before.

0kami

Mar 13, 2020
Missing Molly event after Sardines. The 4th one. anyone have a save or willing to tell me what i fucked up?

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Another question I have for this update is some technicality regarding ghost Sekai.
Why didn't Akira react to Sekai putting words into Ami's mouth right in front of him?
View attachment 3899433
Though it has been revealed that Ami can also sense Sekai's presence, she has plenty of reasons to choose not to call out her ghostly mom puppeteering her due to Ami's own conflicts in interest with Niki. However, Akira would never be able to continue engaging in a conversation normally if he could see Sekai literally acting up and joining in the discussion in front of him.

The only reasonable option for me is that whether Ami could sense Sekai at that scene or not, Akira couldn't see Sekai at that moment. This honestly is quite surprising for me. This not only means Sekai might be able to go cloaking while maintaining her influence (or even choose which individual can see her and which cannot), but this also suggests that she is willing to conceal her presence from Akira, and maybe even Ami, in order to proceed with her scheme.

Both of these are very worrying. I was thinking that at least these two remaining Arakawas will always be able to observe Sekai should she wish to show up in front of viewers and actively participating, but this scene is really telling me otherwise.
Theres always the multiple Sekais theory.Also the more boring but also plausible conclusion is that Sekai started appearing before Ami(Or communicating with her or w/e) long before she started appearing infont of Akira.We know that at least the former is right cause Ami has said so herself so its prolly that.Ami for whatever reason is more in tune with Sekai that Akira.Cause for Ami Sekai is her mother,while for Akira its his trauma given human form.

Jeraviel

Jan 10, 2024
Talking about the supposed big thing Selebus was planning since year one...I honestly don't know how much it narrows it down.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it has to do with any specific character, who is the one with the most potential to have some sort of reveal or event? it has to be something special considering it took the game years until Selebus felt now it is the suitable moment. At the very least, the event has to be almost to the level of Prime Maya going poof

Is it of emotional value? or of lore/story value? Will a character be perma killed and not reseted like Maya? Is it something to do with the Gods?

I don't know if we can narrow it down further by taking into consideration the character events next update, since most of them have other adjacent characters that could potentially make an apperance, but at least we can probably cross out: Osako, Wakana, Tsubasa, and Yuki

So what I have learned from writing all of this. Is that I have learned nothing. lol I ain't confident on any of my assumptions, it has been years since I last played chapter 1 of the game, I only played the very beginning again but because of the revamp long ago.

In any case, I hope we got more clues with future previews images & event names

falco256

May 27, 2019
Patreon is no longer an issue seeing as he's gone from there anyway, tbh I've wondered whether he might do the Wizard stuff just to get it banned from sites with stuff like Rule 7, so that the only way to get it would be to wait for his free release.... or sub.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Personally i am not convinved that any of the dead people we have seen, or we have seen people speak with, or mention they speak with them, are actually those dead people. Just think of that one maya just this very update, she wasnt real. But she was still used like sock puppet. And i think the same is true for sana with her brother, or in this case sekai.

So there might be maybe some leftover from the real people that sometimes are allowed to do whatever when they are not used. A bit like Miller in the expanse. But, it seems more like their appearance is just been used to manipulate people.
I mean the three moons sort of ring a bell. But i cant place where they might have appeared before.
Third dorm wars Futaba x Nodoka writing contest.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Talking about the supposed big thing Selebus was planning since year one...I honestly don't know how much it narrows it down.

If it has to do with any specific character, who is the one with the most potential to have some sort of reveal or event? it has to be something special considering it took the game years until Selebus felt now it is the suitable moment. At the very least, the event has to be almost to the level of Prime Maya going poof

Is it of emotional value? or of lore/story value? Will a character be perma killed and not reseted like Maya? Is it something to do with the Gods?

I don't know if we can narrow it down further by taking into consideration the character events next update, since most of them have other adjacent characters that could potentially make an apperance, but at least we can probably cross out: Osako, Wakana, Tsubasa, and Yuki

So what I have learned from writing all of this. Is that I have learned nothing. lol I ain't confident on any of my assumptions, it has been years since I last played chapter 1 of the game, I only played the very beginning again but because of the revamp long ago.

Really interesting thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

Another character who's been around from early on around whom a lot of mystery remains: Kaori.

qaz098

Nov 26, 2020
okay i haven't message on here in like a year but i still been lurking on here and reading all the theory's. and i been meaning to start joining in again. so here some crazy tin foil thoughts i had while bored at work. and it about a character no one talk about chiaki chosokabe or chika mother.

like why dose she have an name and a model when so many of the other main characters dead parents dont. i mean sana brother keeps getting brought up and how he talks to both sana and sara but he dosent even have a name (unless i missed it). but still no model or even shown in a flashback. same with makoto dad. like we have so many characters that get brought up that dont have models like tsuneyo dad or nozomu. is it just me that that thinks it weird that the only 2 dead characters to have models are sekai and chika mother. also she was brought up in chapter 1 when you see a picture of her the first time we see chinami. is the thing sel going to bring up that he thinks might not go over well be chiaki and why it wont go over well is because her being suddenly important would come out of nowhere.

i know you could just say she has a model because it add to a scene for chika. but in that case why didnt makoto dad show up in a scene where makoto remembers a touching memory with him after he died. the same with sana brother could been used the same with sara or sana remember him. or even show his ghost talking to them like how we see sekai talk to ami or sensei. is it just because their male characters and sel scared if he shows an other male character model people freak out about ntr even if character dead or even a dead kid in sana brother case.

i feel like there something their with how the only two dead character with models are sekai and chiaki. maybe someone else can turn my crazy thoughts into a theory. i mean we overthink everything in this game like the backgrounds and colour. so maybe this isnt to crazy to think she might be more important than we think

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Something about this specific bit kinda stands out to me, the bit about being complete makes someone stay on script... we've wondered for a long time what makes someone able to pierce the veil and i feel like this is a clue, we've discussed trauma and pregnancy and who has ever visited the roof but nothing has ever come up as a concrete connection, does this little detail change any of that, what does someone have to lose to be able to go off the script? What triggers someone to begin being able to perceive their past selves memories? You all know i'm too dumb to get this shit on my own so what do you guys make of this? DeSkelly? Mooney? Fdsas? Maug?

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
okay i haven't message on here in like a year but i still been lurking on here and reading all the theory's. and i been meaning to start joining in again. so here some crazy tin foil thoughts i had while bored at work. and it about a character no one talk about chiaki chosokabe or chika mother.

like why dose she have an name and a model when so many of the other main characters dead parents dont. i mean sana brother keeps getting brought up and how he talks to both sana and sara but he dosent even have a name (unless i missed it). but still no model or even shown in a flashback. same with makoto dad. like we have so many characters that get brought up that dont have models like tsuneyo dad or nozomu. is it just me that that thinks it weird that the only 2 dead characters to have models are sekai and chika mother. also she was brought up in chapter 1 when you see a picture of her the first time we see chinami. is the thing sel going to bring up that he thinks might not go over well be chiaki and why it wont go over well is because her being suddenly important would come out of nowhere.

i know you could just say she has a model because it add to a scene for chika. but in that case why didnt makoto dad show up in a scene where makoto remembers a touching memory with him after he died. the same with sana brother could been used the same with sara or sana remember him. or even show his ghost talking to them like how we see sekai talk to ami or sensei. is it just because their male characters and sel scared if he shows an other male character model people freak out about ntr even if character dead or even a dead kid in sana brother case.

i feel like there something their with how the only two dead character with models are sekai and chiaki. maybe someone else can turn my crazy thoughts into a theory. i mean we overthink everything in this game like the backgrounds and colour. so maybe this isnt to crazy to think she might be more important than we think

Interesting.

The reason I think there aren't pictures/models of any of the dead/absent dads/husbands/brothers... is because as far as the game is concerned, Akira is the only male in Kumon-mi. I think. Same with the names.

But it's still an interesting question.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Sara's coping mechanism after losing her son was to try as hard as possible to pretend like he never even existed, so any pictures would have been put away ages ago.

Makoto's father has pictures, they're mentioned during that sequence, but Makoto's favorite was ruined by Sensei as he was leaving by accident. But he doesn't really need to be anything more than a nebulous person who existed to fulfil his role in the narrative.

Chinami very specifically calls attention to the picture of her mother when we first meet her, and she does this again when the Tsukiokas visit. By creating a model of her and having Chinami show off her picture when she meets new people, Chika's mother becomes more real, her loss is felt more than the other two, and that in turn steers us towards being more sympathetic towards Chika and Chinami, as their loss has become tangible.

tl,dr: Emotional manipulation

Jun 20, 2023
More so a time issue than a "Oh i cant do this" issue.We will see though.
You are in the army? Then as a contractor you should have a phone and even your laptop avialable. Dont know country you live in, so army regulations in your country will be much different than mine, but contractors should have more freedom and liberty than conscripts and contractors of private ranks, so if you are a sergeant class like me or even better officer staff, then you are a free man. Edit: if you are a private, then your best bet is to be friend with your NCO and have a good contact with 1 class lieutenant(старшии леитенант), then you will have more freedom than any other drafteers. That is how I did it in the 1 year conscription service, even in the army, connections do all the work. Also:Never be a snitch, be friendly, but never too friendly with sergeants, stay away from lieutenants unless you know them, stand up for yourself when threatened, but never try to make problems for others. Life will be a dream following this simple rules

Last edited:

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022

Aside from the not showing male characters thing, which I don't think matters that much, I wouldn't assume there has to be any special reason behind it inherently. We haven't really needed a scene with any of those characters, to be honest. What makes it easier for Chiaki to be modelled is that she's essentially just an older Chika with different hair, and the males we do see in the game (Adult / Young Akira) kinda look weird, anyway. So it's just easier to do her. Plus, Sel wanted the picture of Chiaki to be important, and you would have to do most of the work of modelling her in order to render that picture of her, anyway.
Something about this specific bit kinda stands out to me, the bit about being complete makes someone stay on script... we've wondered for a long time what makes someone able to pierce the veil and i feel like this is a clue, we've discussed trauma and pregnancy and who has ever visited the roof but nothing has ever come up as a concrete connection, does this little detail change any of that, what does someone have to lose to be able to go off the script? What triggers someone to begin being able to perceive their past selves memories? You all know i'm too dumb to get this shit on my own so what do you guys make of this? DeSkelly? Mooney? Fdsas? Maug?
I assume to be whole, whether figuratively or literally, comes down to the same thing. That being literally having part of yourself (or some concept like your understanding/mind) in another place, or figuratively, to not be able to fully use your mind or understand (being blocked from the answers by headaches/mania.) Nodoka doesn't see herself as whole until she learns the truth/can think clearly or possibly can uncover herself/Shiori. The other girls are whole because they're just entities in this world/plane with no outside connection, or parts of them missing, but they also have no understanding because of it. Maya would probably not be whole.

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes