uhhhwhat

Jun 6, 2024
Still curious about the relevance of Thomas as well:
What are your thoughts on this Thomas thing?

Also I had another 'has it been discussed' question to the lore masters on here about the MM note on Akira's board. Is the general thought that it's another Maya/reset shenanigans? The character Miu Miyahara from NiB and the event Rain King has a poem that basically ends with the note on Akira's board. Too much of a leap? lol
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
What if it really isn't a wizard dicking and instead she is actually dying? I think that would be more surprising, but would Sel really kill her? Even if she does die, she would probably return once the Reset hits, no?
A number of us were actually theorizing that as the trigger for the reset — which will (hopefully) return her.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Also I had another 'has it been discussed' question to the lore masters on here about the MM note on Akira's board. Is the general thought that it's another Maya/reset shenanigans? The character Miu Miyahara from NiB and the event Rain King has a poem that basically ends with the note on Akira's board. Too much of a leap? lol
Considering Pareidolia seems to be the imaginary friend type of entity, I've been wondering if it's been messing with/befriending Chinami in the background. Might just be a joke or an actual imaginary friend, though.

It hadn't really crossed my mind that it could be from Miu, but I can see that, now that you point it out. Miu seems to be trying to reach someone or something and may be the girl with blue eyes that Nodoka has mentioned. Interesting. Maya Prime suggested it looked like something she wrote, but she wasn't exactly known for being right.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
I might be misinterpreting what you mean by "bailed", but Yumi went back to the room, showered, and stayed the night, after Chika caught her and Sensei.

She came for food, but she stayed for the resets (and probably Sensei).

Albeit, it is difficult to tell what carried over after the Moon stuff. Ayane seemed to act like Sana and Nodoka weren't aware anymore, but Yumi still seemed aware:

If Yumi says she "bailed", I doubt Chika will believe her. She heard Yumi wanting to go back to his room:

Side comment;
She did go back to the room, but that was after it started raining and they got soaked (and she needed a shower/clothes,) so it's not a lie to say she showed up for food but then left to sit on the beach. I forget where she said she was going (bathroom? tea room?) but I think Akira even mentions she lied about where she was going to get away for a bit. Either way, I'm just saying she could just lie (and just explain that part about leaving/showering, and only being told to come for food*) because 1) She kind of has to if Chika can't "become aware" and 2) Making something up or omitting the reset stuff would probably be more convincing anyway.
I didn't take the three moon stuff into account though, to be fair. I'm not sure if it actually changes anything, or only affects what happened after he and Sana left the room, but I guess we'll have to wait and see

send feet first
Deal. Handshake?

Reactions: Comiies
Jun 1, 2022
Foot note: Sel immediately started trolling after he posted this
Is literally impossible to start doing things with her just yet, but I guess that just as with Tsukasa, things will get weird and they'll give you a chance to pull the plug. Unfortunaly for her. I've already decided to take this path of wizardry.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022

This actually has been discussed at least once before, but the time I was present for, I don't believe anyone brought up this connection (could be wrong.) I believe most of the discourse revolved around whether or not and how Maya could have been the one to write the note, and who else it could have been if it wasn't her, but nothing concrete. You should be able to find that discussion if you search for it, if you want to read it. Someone else will have to weigh in on if the NiB connection is likely though

Reactions: aramaug

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I just remembered that the first time you can kiss Chika is when she has to rush home cause Chinami is having an episode or the like (and she glitches out, which I think is the only time Chika has been supernatural).

This is really early in the game - so yeah, Chinami is probably dying (more likely to be what he's been planning since year one, at least more than him having Akira actively interested in kids, which came much later).

Edit: minor note, on my first playthrough I thought the whole thing was going to be about her having to work as a prostitute or something (it's a plot done many times to gyaru characters). I was surprised when it was about Chinami.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Selebus should really stop killing Chinami in the middle of each chapter. Novellety was lost years ago
Yep, it was lost cause we know it isn't permanent, even if she's weighed down by the force of a billion deaths throughout the full history of the resetting universe, she still always returns... i don't really see how her dying can have narrative weight. Like, yeah, seeing Chika and Yumi fucked up will suck, but the whole time we're reading/seeing that we're all going to be thinking 'but she'll come back so this is just temporary' and that sucks most of the impact out in the same way it did when Maya prime died cause he'd already half done it before and we also know it can't last forever, we know she's out there somewhere, just have to wait until she's restored.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Maya prime died cause he'd already half done it before and we also know it can't last forever, we know she's out there somewhere, just have to wait until she's restored.
Well, this one is more interesting because (Deskel will correct me if I am mwrong) we have to sacrifice something of equal value in order to return her; so her presence in TSS events is an actual promise of something horrible. We also don't known how much of abomination she will be when she will return; and I honestly expect that Sensei would regret bringing her back.

Also, her return would likely mean the end of a new Maya, which would also be the drama I wish to see. And Chinami will just return back with some memories possibly erased. Boring

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Well, this one is more interesting because (Deskel will correct me if I am mwrong) we have to sacrifice something of equal value in order to return her; so her presence in TSS events is an actual promise of something horrible. We also don't known how much of abomination she will be when she will return; and I honestly expect that Sensei would regret bringing her back.

Also, her return would likely mean the end of a new Maya, which would also be the drama I wish to see. And Chinami will just return back with some memories possibly erased. Boring
Yeah, they're not the same in terms of how they'll play out, i just meant in how the weight such things would usually have in a story are completely undermined in this one, almost all of us were very affected by the pop of Maya prime, but we'd have been completely crushed if we believed that was her full and complete death, no backsies.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Foot note: Sel immediately started trolling after he posted this
Between the two previews that Chinami is in I don't think she's (naturally) dying or getting fucked (this update). Unless Selebus has just gotten more shit at choreography after stomachache there isn't enough event space left for either of those two options to be done in a meaningful way while having these poses in it. This is a sick girl sitting up in bed to talk to a friend, not someone on their deathbed. Unless it feeds into the next update where she gets worse during main events the time isn't here.

I think Chinami's definitely sick in a struggling to get out of bed way. Whether it's by chance, she gets in the way of a Sensei Yumi confrontation or personally what I've gleamed from all of the released previews

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
As much as i dont like the depression versions of characters being used too often cause it loses its value,chinami dying will be very important(And imo highly probable) for a lot of reasons.

1)More suffering for the already miserable Chika
2)Tsubaki will have the perfect reason to satisfy her manipulative tendencies and officially adopt Chika(Because as that fascist said "Persuasion is best done when someone is mentally vurnerable")
3)Akira will be in the center of this change since his infidelity kinda got revelealed
4)I like the number 4

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes