Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I'm replaying the game and Tsuneyo says in her first dorm room scene that her father taught her "That my teeth will turn to liquid if I break the rules."

Doesn't this actually "happen" to Akira (and even Ami?) during a few resets/happy events? Sorry if this has been discussed before but I am either incapable of searching correctly or it's just a bad search.
It in fact has.Teeth being liquified is a thing that was mentioned a LOT in the early chapters but it seems that its either being ignored for now or Sel decided to give it up

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I'm replaying the game and Tsuneyo says in her first dorm room scene that her father taught her "That my teeth will turn to liquid if I break the rules."

Doesn't this actually "happen" to Akira (and even Ami?) during a few resets/happy events? Sorry if this has been discussed before but I am either incapable of searching correctly or it's just a bad search.
Yes, several happy events mention teeth melting, I believe it was even said in the room with clocks (first actual happy scene)

Reactions: Breadtaker

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Man i have to say though my by far favourite delusion speak is the marsh wobler.Not only is it used today but its just so weird and disturbing(Not to mention its actual lore relevance)

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
What's URM?
Universal Ren’py Mod. It allows you to view and change variables in real time, and is a valuable asset for Lessons In Love in particular. You can also use the URM to manipulate affection points and skip BS grind! So that’s a plus.

Here’s a link to it: https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-urm-2-1-4-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/
AKA, you can use URM to set Makoto and Futaba’s affection points to the correct amount and also unlock any missed events.

Should you use it, type ‘makotofutabafuntimelustevent’ in the search bar. That’s the variable for the “Toys” event, and you can even find it on the wiki under ‘Technical Information’:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Set the variable to True, and if you see a skip variable alongside it, set it to False. You can view the missed event in the Replay.

I say we add a link advertising URM to the OP at this point.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
AKA, you can use URM to set Makoto and Futaba’s affection points to the correct amount and also unlock any missed events.

Should you use it, type ‘makotofutabafuntimelustevent’ in the search bar. That’s the variable for the “Toys” event, and you can even find it on the wiki under ‘Technical Information’:

Set the variable to True, and if you see a skip variable alongside it, set it to False. You can view the missed event in the Replay.

I say we add a link advertising URM to the OP at this point.
I wonder is the wiki maintained?

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
It in fact has.Teeth being liquified is a thing that was mentioned a LOT in the early chapters but it seems that its either being ignored for now or Sel decided to give it up
Yes, several happy events mention teeth melting, I believe it was even said in the room with clocks (first actual happy scene)
Yeah, it disappearing is what made me wonder. I guess since it's connected to Tsuneyo's father/Wires who hasn't been around in a while (chapter 2?) I would give it even odds that it's dormant or Sel has forgotten.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Breadtaker

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Guess I set you up for that one lol.

Maybe not people who have already downloaded the game, but any newcomers will have to go to the front page to download it. I’d say the chances of them looking into it are even greater if it’s ‘connected’ so to speak. They may take a glance at the signature, clearly not know what it is, and move on.

But yeah, people will post questions that have been answered before regardless.
The inability to use the search function has been a detriment for the human kind

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

Yeah, it disappearing is what made me wonder. I guess since it's connected to Tsuneyo's father/Wires who hasn't been around in a while (chapter 2?) I would give it even odds that it's dormant or Sel has forgotten.
I am guessing this is more or less just Selly's deliberate choice of words back then to reach maximal squeamishness (same as the invisible hand stroking my intestine like a cock thing). Considering the fact that I can find "teeth liquifying" being used even in scenes located in HOPE's homebase, I incline to believe that this bizarre description cannot be used as a WIRE indicator for a shared connection.
1723834069750.png

Last edited:

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I am guessing this is more or less just Selly's deliberate choice of words back then to reach maximal squeamishness (same as the invisible hand stroking my intestine like a cock thing). Considering the fact that I can find "teeth liquifying" being used even in scenes located in HOPE's homebase, I incline to believe that this bizarre description cannot be used as a WIRE indicator for a shared connection.
View attachment 3938731
Sel has some weird fetishes then, dude.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019

Liquefying teeth were referenced twice in 0.41, so I don't think he's dropped it.
Here's the Tsuneyo scene you referenced:
I've been tracking references to liquid teeth on my second playthrough, here's what I've found so far:
I tend to think it's an important symbol rather than just general icky imagery precisely because of what Tsuneyo says. I think it's an indication that Sensei (or whoever) has broken some unknown rule, but I'm not sure whether these rules are specific to Wires or not. In all three of the happy scenes it's connected to AmIOkay, specifically sexual desire for her at least in the first two, so there might be something there.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
So I am pretty small brain, and I get that Akira is objectively a bad person, but I am very confused and would love to get some insight on the "Optimal playthrough" as it is now. So I playe dup to the 4.0 update, doing everything to make all the events green. Minmaxed, ect, but all throughout I was under the impression that the "Correct" path was as fence sitting as possible, as of the last two patches relating to the rich girls little sister, I can't recall her name right now, and the big choice with Io... getting the green path has reached new levels of skeezebag. IDK if I want to keep going getting the green path if it is so morally objectinionable and logically flawed... but... I really... REALLY dont want to replay the whole thing again and fix choices if somehow it ends up all hunk dory or doesn't matter in the end. Just the cheater pants bugs the shit out of me, this one is pretty next level.

I mean things might have gotten better after that particular event, I stopped playing 4.1 the second I was faced with the Io choice and saw it was the green path, but I saw there was a new update and I want to play, I love this game, but god damn does this dude conflict me between getting the good ending and actually picking the choices I want to. So far these have been really the only conflicting choices I have had to make...

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
So I am pretty small brain, and I get that Akira is objectively a bad person, but I am very confused and would love to get some insight on the "Optimal playthrough" as it is now. So I playe dup to the 4.0 update, doing everything to make all the events green. Minmaxed, ect, but all throughout I was under the impression that the "Correct" path was as fence sitting as possible, as of the last two patches relating to the rich girls little sister, I can't recall her name right now, and the big choice with Io... getting the green path has reached new levels of skeezebag. IDK if I want to keep going getting the green path if it is so morally objectinionable and logically flawed... but... I really... REALLY dont want to replay the whole thing again and fix choices if somehow it ends up all hunk dory or doesn't matter in the end. Just the cheater pants bugs the shit out of me, this one is pretty next level.

I mean things might have gotten better after that particular event, I stopped playing 4.1 the second I was faced with the Io choice and saw it was the green path, but I saw there was a new update and I want to play, I love this game, but god damn does this dude conflict me between getting the good ending and actually picking the choices I want to. So far these have been really the only conflicting choices I have had to make...
You're not alone in that line of thinking. The Io choice caused a lot of people to question if they want to continue on the green path. Nothing has really happened with Tsukasa yet but I imagine it will provoke a similar reaction.

I think generally the green path has led to a more compelling story so far. You can put your faith in Selebus's writing and hope that continues to be the case. The green path will almost certainly have more content in it. But its okay to miss things too especially if you're not comfortable with it. It's not like the game's narrative wont support your decision.

For me, I ultimately went with the green path on Io's story because the bad option left such an impression on me that I couldn't go back to thinking that wasn't part of Io's story. If you wind up wanting to change your decision without the hassle of replaying so much of the game, you can use the Universal Renpy Mod to change your save data.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Liquefying teeth were referenced twice in 0.41, so I don't think he's dropped it.
Here's the Tsuneyo scene you referenced:
I've been tracking references to liquid teeth on my second playthrough, here's what I've found so far:
I tend to think it's an important symbol rather than just general icky imagery precisely because of what Tsuneyo says. I think it's an indication that Sensei (or whoever) has broken some unknown rule, but I'm not sure whether these rules are specific to Wires or not. In all three of the happy scenes it's connected to AmIOkay, specifically sexual desire for her at least in the first two, so there might be something there.
Conceivably, it's Himawari that restores Akira via an egg at the end of "Room with the clocks". And if consuming an egg restores teeth then the teeth thing is either related to slipping or the egg serves a secondary function.

Maybe the liquefying of the teeth is related to being rejected by the current reality, and taking hold of an egg restores your pass or something.

Edit: going back to the Ami being factory reset in front of Akira in the beginning of the first winter, it could be that it was her being rejected by the current reality (thus the liquefying - if in that scene, I don't remember - would qualify as her being rejected by reality as well).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: aramaug and fasoaga

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

Your troubles are understandable and largely shared by a good portion of the community.

However, in the shortest way to explain it: You can either read the story Selebus wants to tell (green path), or the story that is at times more pallatable (and will always make less sense).

Additionally, this is how I see it, and maybe it helps: The player is not Sensei. Sensei is a character called Akira in a game that very much isn't an rpg. This game is written by an author that is a very good writer and a bad game designer. The way choice is presented in LiL, in my opinion, shouldn't even exist - because while the concept is very welcomed, its implementation is mediocre at best.

Final note: if you care more about writing quality, play the green path, if you care more about feeling good, choose the moral choice everytime.

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes