BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
It is more likely that melting teeth is a reference to cremation. Japan has a %99.9 cremation rate, and it's been that high for over a decade. By virtue of their being an island nation and needing much of that limited land for agriculture, they don't have the real estate for expansive graveyards like the US does.

Cremated remains are often buried, and in Japan there are family graves/memorials where multiple members of the family might have their cremains interred. This is likely what Akira and Ami visit.

A few other points that make it unlike Sekai died in a fire bad enough to melt her teeth:
1) You have to still be alive to have your organs harvested, and it's heavily implied that Kaori recieved an organ transplant from Sekai (she calls herself a bag of spare parts and is briefly possessed by Sekai). If you're in a fire bad enough to melt your teeth, you are not going to survive that long enough to donate your organs.
2) Akira mentions holding her after the accident, which would be impossible if she were just a pile of ash (the teeth are the last thing to burn because of their high melting point relative to the rest of their body)
3) Some early happy scenes have an audio track of life-support noises. Who's on life support, and why would their being on life-support be in Akira's trauma space? The only people he cares that much about are Sekai, Ami, and Maya. Which of those three would have most likely been on life support? The one who dies (neither Ami nor Maya have indicated past medical trauma)

The most likely scenario is that Nozomu dies on the spot, Sekai is left in a near-death vegitative state, and Akira has to make the call to pull the plug and donate her organs as he's the next of kin. And Kaori is the life he saved with that decision -- which is why Selebus mentions that she's one of the most important characters in the game. She's the consequence of the worst choice he ever had to make in his life.

Also, the line "O world, in our dying moments please tell me. Why him?" is written by Akira. Akira is dying on the inside while Sekai is dying physically, and lamenting that it was his brother that dies by her side and not himself.

Finally -- symbolically, the casket used to cremate someone can be viewed as a vehicle carrying the deceased towards a final destination, and poets have this pesky tendency to be really big on symbolism, so interpreting a lot of what Akira says literally is a bit of a trap -- especially when he's in shoegaze word soup mode.

Edited to add point 3 and the following paragraph, as I remembered them after hitting Send.
Life support sound is in "The Room With Clocks", it might be a bit less remarkable because of the rework.
It also has a baby toy sound which could point towards Kaoris saved life or a baby.
Guess thematic there was life and death.

For others in general:
Sekai says that she was "torn to shreds", goes with the "plucking steel from someones body" by probably Akira.

YOUDIDIT

Jul 15, 2022
That link? Don't work.
Ah, sorry.
It writes "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly."
Apparently, I was too hasty in writing here.

Links to mod itself:

Jun 20, 2023
Чекнул твои профиль чисто на всякии пожарный, вроде наш человек. Твоя ссылка реально не работает, я тут попробовал покумарить с адресом, но чет никак не работает. Тем не менее если реально вещь 100% гарант работы, то богоугодную вещь сотворил тут большинство как раз на сандбох постоянно жалуется. Ты главное эту ссылку на дискорд канал официальный не скидывай, а то там всемирное пожарище начнется из-за такого то мода. Edit: перевод вн 18+ вроде Касатика паблик, скинь ему его, может он куда нибудь выложит в вк тоже. Когда ссылка заработает(одобрение получит) популярности будет побольше чем у гаид мода это точно

daagagsdgd

May 9, 2019
Liquefying teeth were referenced twice in 0.41, so I don't think he's dropped it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here's the Tsuneyo scene you referenced:
I've been tracking references to liquid teeth on my second playthrough, here's what I've found so far:
I tend to think it's an important symbol rather than just general icky imagery precisely because of what Tsuneyo says. I think it's an indication that Sensei (or whoever) has broken some unknown rule, but I'm not sure whether these rules are specific to Wires or not. In all three of the happy scenes it's connected to AmIOkay, specifically sexual desire for her at least in the first two, so there might be something there.
I also take liquefying teeth as more than general icky and gore imagery since it just shows up too many times. There are people arguing it could be a reference for cremation of Sekai, but I can't say it's very reasonable since then we should at least get some info on burial of Sekai and Nozumu.

I, on the other hand, think it might present another lasting childhood impact left by Saki according to Clockless Watch, as Sekai once said "God will chop your arms off should you slept in Lord's day", which sounds more like what Saki would say since she, not Sekai, was the religious person. For we knew that both Saki and Yuu died of Diabetes and Yuu passed earlier than Saki. Then it's natural for her to tell his children again and again not to follow their father's steps that it's stigmatize as an unconscious premonition resurfacing everytime he gets anxious (throat is clogged and no voice comes out). It also applies to Tsuneyo since her father has connection to god as Yuu, so it's plausible for him to use same weird educational strategy as Arakawa family.

Apropos of nothing, what do you think of the Egg in Happy Event? We know that Akira ate an egg in The Room With Clock as a symbol Eucharist and sound of egg breaking seems prevalent throughout the story. And to me in Everlasting Mercy, egg might present an emblem of hymen? As in Akira broke the egg of Maya and reveled in his innocent as some perverse Communion that is Dionysia? Thus "The filling of egg restores what I lost of teeth" could be a metonymy of "Sekai (or Maya, they are identical, the one who tried to fix Akira) fills the role of my lost mother (first one who broke him)." Nothing else comes to my mind. I think we need to discuss on it further.

Reactions: aramaug

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
Here's my review.
Good:
-Heroines design mostly on point
-Good potential
-Horror side adds a lil bit of creativity/mystery.

Bad:
-Feels like there's 10x more effort put into the "horror" scenes than the sex scenes.
-Puzzles that would take hundreds of hours of (mostly pointless)research inside the game if done without help.
-The good potential is not reached.
-Horror is mostly nonsensical, often pure waste of time screens, 20 fake end screens, random quotes from literature/famous people that have zero correlation with anything(kinda "fake depth" if you ask me)
-Sex scenes not that good
-Effort/time per sex scene is very high

This game is very long, even without reading everything, using max speed auto, this game takes 24+ hours to reach the current version's last scenes. Also, some heroines event chains are so long to finally get to bed them that at that point you don't even care anymore.

I guess you could say with this game the journey is better than the end goal, but the journey is pretty tedious for me. The horror is not scary at all and sometimes it makes you uneasy a bit. The horror is like doki doki meets liminal space meets dialup horror, but overall it's mostly random shit being displayed on screen. Doki Doki is more scary, and liminal/dialup/analog horror is pretty hard to do convincingly.

Conclusion: So yeah I give it 6/10, uncompleted and potential not reached and no hints that it will be reached. Also too long for what you get. The horror adds a bit of uniqueness but is more random and nonsensical than anything else. Best part is how the heroines look.

I know I'm late to this, but I'm reading up on the last few gazillion pages after finishing the latest update - and I just have to say this:

Holy bursh, having Pareidolia review LiL and giving it a 6/10 because Akira is a pussy, the sex scenes aren't hardcore enough and there being too much talking in between them in the first place, was not on my 2024 bingo card.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Do you seriously not remember by memory the 4th word of the 185th text box of the Main Event They're Just Lights which happened years ago?
That's why "untitled" was the best of all the puzzles, since it had actually relevant questions to the plot (some of them at least). Not good by any means, but better. Plus, Yumi deserves to go see the turtles.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
That's why "untitled" was the best of all the puzzles, since it had actually relevant questions to the plot (some of them at least). Not good by any means, but better. Plus, Yumi deserves to go see the turtles.
Tsuneyo and Io need to go to the amusement park.Uta needs to go back to her hometown and Yumi wants to see the turtles.

I swear if their endings or their "routes" doesnt include this happening i will mald

YOUDIDIT

Jul 15, 2022
Does it do anything to the reset puzzles? Might start a new game with this.
No.
I think the reset puzzles are very important part of the game. That's why there are no auto-passing puzzles or hints. There are many tutorials for that.
The mod automatically starts the next event after the previous one is completed only. Puzzles are just one of the events.

YOUDIDIT

Jul 15, 2022
And taking this opportunity, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who writes here. So many interesting theories and moments I missed myself.
In fact, there are two games - the first I play myself, the second I read here.
Some of the updates were terrible to me. But even there you found some interesting bits of information. Which made me come back to the game again.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
No.
I think the reset puzzles are very important part of the game. That's why there are no auto-passing puzzles or hints. There are many tutorials for that.
The mod automatically starts the next event after the previous one is completed only. Puzzles are just one of the events.
By that logic aren't grinding affection points and blindly looking for events also important parts of the game?

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes