DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
One thing that just popped into my mind: What was Sel's intention with introducing Akira's new apartment?

It seemed like a big deal after the 4th 5th 4th (?) beach event. Important enough to, in my opinion, kind of shoe horn its way into the plot by Touka just "being bad at evaluating appropriate gifts". I was ready to give it the benefit of the doubt, when it was clear that the direction of the story seemed to point towards Akira becoming sexually active with more and more girls and giving a plausible location to do all his heinous crimes divine deeds away from the prying eyes of his niece.
Instead, he barely uses it now. Wasn't the last time he stayed at his own apartment two resets ago, when he didn't even stay but was moved to the roof in the end?

So am I missing something? Was it quickly shut down because "oh well, now Chika is nearby so guess I better stay with Ami"? Or is there more to come, will it become more crucial to the plot over time? Or is it just another episode of "Sel had an idea but then he kinda forgot about it, whoops"? It kind of coincides with Akira's new learnt interest in writing, which he seemingly picked up during his very first stay, only to completely abandon it again.
Am I the only one who feels weird about all that?

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That reoccurring shot of her on top of him, clothed but in the cowgirl position, the fact it keeps appearing makes me think it might be the first time and she was possibly grinding on him in his sleep and that's what he woke up to... maybe? It'd fit with the idea she did something to him that set him on the bad path, if he awoke hard and aroused by the grinding he might've let her keep going and only freaked after they both came... i dunno, just adding to what you guys are talking about.

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
View attachment 3997363
I don't know if Sel is being vague here but going off of this 35 characters 35 purity routes. So if had to estimate we're going to have 6 chapters with 35 purity routes which gives us the 41 mentioned above.

Add on:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a lot of different routes, when does the corpse party begin tho?

Vega Cifer

Oct 3, 2022
I read up and isn't sekai being upset at Maya kindve ironic? Considering what she herself has done..

I also think that last scene with Makoto is still her. After all she has already been acting differently since she started learning about the resets to begin with. Plus she's been away from him for a long time. Her saying I love you at this point is weird but to her Akira being nice and saying good Afternoon and such as a greeting is also weird. Looks like the effects of learning you're in a perpetual time loop are coming to terms with her, but in different ways. I mean...it could be some shape-shifter but the way this entire event happened, like directly after big pp fails sex with Miku. I think it's her finally speaking what's on her mind or how she views it TBH. There are certainly flaws in the logic, it looks more like an example. However she isn't aware of Akiras more underlying problems as well which spawn from grooming, which again get extrapolated by everything going on around him even what seems to be people like Maya herself. Broken, upon issues upon more issues, upon resets upon memory and personality wipes

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
One thing that just popped into my mind: What was Sel's intention with introducing Akira's new apartment?
With Niki moving in, we might see a lot of content moved there instead as/if calling people to his home becomes a thing again. And the last time he stayed there was with New Maya when they first have sex, after their reunion at the shrine.
I read up and isn't sekai being upset at Maya kindve ironic? Considering what she herself has done..
It's because Niki was never a danger to Sekai (it was actually beneficial that Akira had a girlfriend to act as a smokescreen). She even teased Akira about her constantly. But Maya is an actual replacement for Sekai, someone he loves, and that is aware (at least to an extent) about her, and intends to erase her completely from his life.

Furthermore, the xoanon (NAO) tells us that Sekai called what she felt for Akira love, from that we can gather that she believed it was genuine love (regardless if it was or not). That would be a second reason for her to hate Maya, because their relationship mirrors what she found with Akira, which was also the first time she felt happy. It would then make sense as to why Sekai would view Maya as an actual rival and potential winner given that she is, well, dead.

Also, while Maya's relationship with Akira mirrors Sekai's to an extent, they're different at nuance. Sekai corrupted an innocent boy and groomed him for years. Akira and Maya are both victims of sexual abuse that found in eachother a way to cope with what had been done to them. Even if Sekai believes emotionally that what she feels is love, she isn't stupid, she'd be able to rationally identify that the reasons for Maya and Akira to be together are healthier than theirs.

Edit: Last possible reason is half tinfoil, but it could be that she hates Maya because they're both pursuing different goals reset wise. They're the top narrator guesses after Himawari, and her hatred could be a "present" hate, born during the resets, and for supernatural reasons - rather than the hate of the memory of a dead person looking over someone that wasn't even part of Akira's life when she was alive.

Last edited:

Vega Cifer

Oct 3, 2022
With Niki moving in, we might see a lot of content moved there instead as/if calling people to his home becomes a thing again. And the last time he stayed there was with New Maya when they first have sex, after their reunion at the shrine.

It's because Niki was never a danger to Sekai (it was actually beneficial that Akira had a girlfriend to act as a smokescreen). She even teased Akira about her constantly. But Maya is an actual replacement for Sekai, someone he loves, and that is aware (at least to an extent) about her, and intends to erase her completely from his life.

Furthermore, the xoanon (NAO) tells us that Sekai called what she felt for Akira love, from that we can gather that she believed it was genuine love (regardless if it was or not). That would be a second reason for her to hate Maya, because their relationship mirrors what she found with Akira, which was also the first time she felt happy. It would then make sense as to why Sekai would view Maya as an actual rival and potential winner given that she is, well, dead.

Also, while Maya's relationship with Akira mirrors Sekai's to an extent, they're different at nuance. Sekai corrupted an innocent boy and groomed him for years. Akira and Maya are both victims of sexual abuse that found in eachother a way to cope with what had been done to them. Even if Sekai believes emotionally that what she feels is love, she isn't stupid, she'd be able to rationally identify that the reasons for Maya and Akira to be together are healthier than theirs.
I see...so truly grooming rivals. This does make sense, honestly this past really is messed up

Reactions: Moonflare

Dc345

May 27, 2020
So far we have had 3 TSS. Noriko who has an egg, Futaba who doesn't and whatever what was going on with Sana. But I can't wrap my head around why Noriko and Futaba where isekaid there. Sana's terribly named brother said the gods congregate there but I can't think of any known ties Noriko and Futaba have to any of the 3 (possibly 4) gods.

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes