korendrd

Sep 9, 2020
That’s Karin with Uta, right? If so—

ngl, kind of shocked she’s there. Also… do her boobs look smaller?
Honestly I thought it was Kirin, boobs too smol to be Karin. Karin's kinda tall and she isn't much taller than short Uta. She's also wearing Kirin's favorite high-rise anal floss under her daisy dukes.

joshpeterson019

Dec 29, 2020
Maybe I'm being stupid but I always thought our Akira was her Akira because he has the same personality of the old one while the other akiras were all different in addition to not being able to remember anything.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Good Kid has an alright singer and a alright sound which is considered good when discussing indie bands. But it could be much much worse... we could have Nodokathon the sequel with the Smiths playing in the background.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I don't follow, he is her Akira because he has remembered stuff from before the resets. None of the other Akiras seemed to have been able to do that. He's the Akira that managed to tell her again that he loved her. Sure, he didn't remember their entire backstory, but he remembered enough I'd think.

Also, to Riolol's point, there's a difference. Our Akira considers New Maya not his Maya because the memories that are gone are from the resets (thus, truly gone - to his knowledge). Hence, only one Maya could be his Maya (because the memories he's looking for are after her initial "backup"). Maya Prime could potentially consider any Akira, her Akira, because the memories she was looking for were from before the resets (which all of them could have, but only this one managed to reach for without imploding).

So, in that sense, our Akira is her only Akira (because he was the first reset Akira to reach for the past), and she is his only Maya (because she's the only one he had known). Their parameters are different for evaluating Mayas and Akiras because their situations are different (as far as we know).
It's different in theory, but not so much in practice. Maya Prime didn't think Sensei was Sensei, until this timeline, hence the whole reincarnation theory of hers, but none of them lasted long enough to reach the point where Current Sensei actually remembered something. (Or apparently had Himawari sell them that Scarf, plus whatever other divergences)

Maya Prime was thinking Current Sensei could "probably" be her Akira:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But, unless he had been through what they've been through:
She probably wouldn't truly see him as her Akira.

And Maya Prime was aware that Current Sensei didn't share their memories:

Current Sensei was basically just close enough, and seemed to be like her Akira, but at the end, it probably didn't matter.

Maya Prime probably wouldn't have even remembered the resets if all that was left in her head, was Akira. There being other Senseis probably wouldn't be distinguishable, and therefore there'd be only one, as far as she'd be aware.

It's also possible that Current Sensei isn't actually Akira. He "regained" a memory but he saw himself in it:
This game loves playing with the idea of perception, and has mentioned Shapeshifters and other kinds of entities that can appear human:
While also noting that there can be false memories:

I haven't completely written off that Current Sensei could just end up being New Akira, if not something akin to Knife Boy. It's probably fine to see him as Akira though, until more gets revealed.

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Good Kid has an alright singer and a alright sound which is considered good when discussing indie bands. But it could be much much worse... we could have Nodokathon the sequel with the Smiths playing in the background.
Dear Selly,

If you truly lurk in the forum still and happen to see his post, please don't see it.

Best Retards,
Everyone (I think)

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It's different in theory, but not so much in practice. Maya Prime didn't think Sensei was Sensei, until this timeline, hence the whole reincarnation theory of hers, but none of them lasted long enough to reach the point where Current Sensei actually remembered something. (Or apparently had Himawari sell them that Scarf, plus whatever other divergences)

Maya Prime was thinking Current Sensei could "probably" be her Akira:
But, unless he had been through what they've been through:
She probably wouldn't truly see him as her Akira.

And Maya Prime was aware that Current Sensei didn't share their memories:

Current Sensei was basically just close enough, and seemed to be like her Akira, but at the end, it probably didn't matter.

Maya Prime probably wouldn't have even remembered the resets if all that was left in her head, was Akira. There being other Senseis probably wouldn't be distinguishable, and therefore there'd be only one, as far as she'd be aware.

It's also possible that Current Sensei isn't actually Akira. He "regained" a memory but he saw himself in it:
This game loves playing with the idea of perception, and has mentioned Shapeshifters and other kinds of entities that can appear human:
While also noting that there can be false memories:

I haven't completely written off that Current Sensei could just end up being New Akira, if not something akin to Knife Boy. It's probably fine to see him as Akira though, until more gets revealed.
I mean, yes, I don't think either of us have written off much (including the most wild theories).

I am of the camp, however, that probable is good enough for the current middle of the road. Otherwise, if we get really technical with a game that flirts with perception we'd get nowhere.

Is it possible our Akira is the thing from outer space? yes. Is it more likely he's just Akira? also yes. Is it even more, even if slightly, likely that he's the original Akira (as all others) but that through Himawari/Pareidolia's tampering was able to remember more of his past? I'd say so too.

The only thing that's certain is that Himawari's name is Ami/Amy - anything other than that I'm open to be corrected on. Selebus better put both a moon and a flare on the event that's revealed cause that'll be my moment.

• Haha
Reactions: Riolol and DeSkel15

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
This made me think, Akira considers "his" Maya dead because new Maya doesn't have her memories but he never regained all of his memories so Maya Prime never truly got "her" Akira back, at least not by Akira's logic.
I suppose Maya's definition of "his Akira" must have changed or become more abridged over the course of meeting millions of Sensei iterations and watching all of them die.

She can't choose the most luxurious option that is "an Akira with all his memories" as "his Akira"; she only has either "an Akira with no memory" or "an unknown third party that uses Akira's body, and also with no memory". The most unfortunate girl in the universe literally cannot afford to be picky.

This argument still works if the past iterations were not some randos like Prime Maya believed, but were actually "all real Akira but all failed to recover any bit of his memory due to various reasons" (how she made this judgment, randos vs real Akira, was never clearly elaborated). If that's the case, then Maya still follows the memory criteria to a certain extend, but her bar is obviously a lot lower than Akira's with good reasons.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
If someone plays this game on mute they must think me insane for the amount of things I quote that's only available in sound form. Like, seriously, I don't even wear denim.
I used to play all h-games on mute because the music annoyed me until this game told me not to play it muted and I listened. I'm honestly glad I did, there are so many times the music in this game has made the bottom fall out of my stomach.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I used to play all h-games on mute because the music annoyed me until this game told me not to play it muted and I listened. I'm honestly glad I did, there are so many times the music in this game has made the bottom fall out of my stomach.
I feel like, with debatable exceptions, Selebus does a really good job with his songs - not only choice wise, but as a sort of storytelling also. For instance, when he uses for Yumi's "wake me up when it's over" and mirrors "I will deliver you to the fireflies", that communicates so much without a single line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apollo259

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
Selebus is usually particular with the soundtrack selection. Music does a good job of setting the tone of a scene and I genuinely think he has a talent for selecting the right tracks.

My problem with Good Kid is it felt like he just slapped a whole album over an update and called it a day. That and the fact that hearing English lyrics is sorta distracting. I'm reading text one moment and then thinking about lyrics the next cause I apparently can't focus.

I like Good Kid, I just hope it's a little more contained.

Reactions: Moonflare
4.20 star(s) 301 Votes