Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Again, I might have to, at some point, look into why Molly's costume does it for me when I don't even know who's she's cosplaying at.

What have we learned through this analysis? Nothing other than that I like Molly apparently, her last arc clearly did something for me :ROFLMAO: you're welcome.

Edit: Hex translation is: "Where did it go?"

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Just to put this out there, there is probably a case for why Pre Resets Sensei appeared to be more "put-together" than he was in the Resets. It was likely due to the one thing that Sensei lacked in the Resets:

His relationship with Maya.

Ami kept Sensei alive by basically doing everything around the house, making sure he was fed, waking him up, etc, but Maya was his stress relief and more or less therapist:
Maya also seemed to control him in a way that lead to him staying away from other girls (Noriko, in particular), and ignoring those voices in his head. Black-outs and Hallucinations aren't anything new as Maya Prime pointed out in Chapter 3's 'I Won't Say I'm In Love' Main Event.

Sensei, in the Resets, lacked part of this system that had kept him functioning for years, along with his memories of those years, and had nothing keeping his worst impulses in check.

This would probably be a reason that Sensei seemed more "put-together" Pre Resets. He had a system in place, that required Maya, and it kept him stable.

In the Resets, this System was neutered and Maya couldn't even tell him she loved him without breaking him. Current Sensei started out basically trying to fill the void left by her, with whoever or whatever he could.
This is sound, if not for the fact that along with the support system his trauma would also be gone.
This is just a thought experiment, I personally agree with your views. Enough of Akira remains that he feels effects of his past, but is bereft of context or support. And by context I mean both of who he is, and who other people are. Ayane is hardly more than a blonde bimbo to his eyes, where she'd be a much more different person to the original Akira, akin to at the very least a niece. I just find it interesting that there is a study to be had in how much erasing one's memories saves them from their demons, although I don't think that is one of points of LiL. Maybe if that was one of the directives of the simulation, who knows...

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Again, I might have to, at some point, look into why Molly's costume does it for me when I don't even know who's she's cosplaying at.
Futaba Sakura, one of the Persona 5 party members (Makoto, Futaba, Ayane, and Rin are also all costumed as characters from the game).

Like Molly, she's a redheaded otaku who looks younger than her actual age due to being somewhat underdeveloped (in Futaba's case, poor diet due to being a recluse after the death of her mother)

Makoto is literally dressed as a character named Makoto, because upon finding out that Molly had started an on-the-nose contest with Persona 5 characters, Makoto went to Sara's bar, bought a beer, and asked Molly to hold it. Makoto Nijima is also a student council president who yearns to please a father who is too dead to care. In case your nose wasn't bloody enough, or something.

Love these characters, and Persona 5 is legit one of my favorite video games of all time, but these two costume choices are REALLY low-hanging fruit.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Futaba Sakura from Persona 5.

Well, yeah, she's super hot. But I mean like I'd have to play persona, I don't know what is it about the design, it speaks to me. Maybe it's some buried memory of when I was younger or someone I dated, I really don't know. It really works though, kind of sad Molly shouldn't have any story beats for a long while.
Like Molly, she's a redheaded otaku who looks younger than her actual age due to being somewhat underdeveloped (in Futaba's case, poor diet due to being a recluse after the death of her mother)
Okay, now I got it :ROFLMAO: traced the parallels with some characters from the past. Mystery solved lol

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
You tell 'em Nao-chan. I don't know what it is, but you tell 'em.

This is sound, if not for the fact that along with the support system his trauma would also be gone.
This is just a thought experiment, I personally agree with your views. Enough of Akira remains that he feels effects of his past, but is bereft of context or support. And by context I mean both of who he is, and who other people are. Ayane is hardly more than a blonde bimbo to his eyes, where she'd be a much more different person to the original Akira, akin to at the very least a niece. I just find it interesting that there is a study to be had in how much erasing one's memories saves them from their demons, although I don't think that is one of points of LiL. Maybe if that was one of the directives of the simulation, who knows...
Tbh, I think the whole "amnesia" thing with Sensei is actually just him blocking things out at will.

Virtually everything with Maya, Niki, and Sekai wouldn't work if his memories were actually erased.

It's even been implied that what he does learn about his past just goes in one ear and out the other:

Overall: I don't buy that Sensei's memories (of his past at least) were actually erased. He's probably just running from/ignoring them until he can't, or is forced to confront/need them. Things like Sekai haunting him, keeping Ami's picture in his pocket this whole time, and never even trying to remember his name, wouldn't make much sense if his memory was actually erased.

There's a reason Niki didn't really buy it:

Sensei forgetting past Resets wouldn't be farfetched, but just forgetting basically everything always seemed to be a little convenient.

Also, on the topic of memories, I'd like to quote The Joker because I liked the comic for the most part (the movie can eat a nuke):

Nevertheless, I think Sensei just doesn't want to face his memories. Too much responsibility and pain, even now. He also seems to feel guilt over his past with Maya, in particular, but what brought this on after years of indulgence, is the real mystery. Possibly related to why the Resets even began.

Maya could definitely be the catalyst and we're still not sure why we see Maya hanging from a rope:

As for the mantra, yeah, I can see Maya grooming Sensei into thinking like that. She's not exactly above saying things like this:
Albeit, I wonder where she learned this from..

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
You tell 'em Nao-chan. I don't know what it is, but you tell 'em.

Tbh, I think the whole "amnesia" thing with Sensei is actually just him blocking things out at will.

Virtually everything with Maya, Niki, and Sekai wouldn't work if his memories were actually erased.

It's even been implied that what he does learn about his past just goes in one ear and out the other:

Overall: I don't buy that Sensei's memories (of his past at least) were actually erased. He's probably just running from/ignoring them until he can't, or is forced to confront/need them. Things like Sekai haunting him, keeping Ami's picture in his pocket this whole time, and never even trying to remember his name, wouldn't make much sense if his memory was actually erased.

There's a reason Niki didn't really buy it:

Sensei forgetting past Resets wouldn't be farfetched, but just forgetting basically everything always seemed to be a little convenient.

Also, on the topic of memories, I'd like to quote The Joker because I liked the comic for the most part (the movie can eat a nuke):

Nevertheless, I think Sensei just doesn't want to face his memories. Too much responsibility and pain, even now. He also seems to feel guilt over his past with Maya, in particular, but what brought this on after years of indulgence, is the real mystery. Possibly related to why the Resets even began.

Maya could definitely be the catalyst and we're still not sure why we see Maya hanging from a rope:

As for the mantra, yeah, I can see Maya grooming Sensei into thinking like that. She's not exactly above saying things like this:
Albeit, I wonder where she learned this from..
This made me think, Akira considers "his" Maya dead because new Maya doesn't have her memories but he never regained all of his memories so Maya Prime never truly got "her" Akira back, at least not by Akira's logic.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
This made me think, Akira considers "his" Maya dead because new Maya doesn't have her memories but he never regained all of his memories so Maya Prime never truly got "her" Akira back, at least not by Akira's logic.
Yeah, and Maya Prime probably shared that belief.

Still, sadly or fortunately(?), the Maya Prime calling Sensei "My Akira" at the end, had lost pretty much all of her memories by then.

As far as she knew, he was her Akira, at the end:
She probably wouldn't even be able to think otherwise.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Wonderful, simply awesome, the best, the music that was so well received... well it's not like it'd affect me, i check the files before adding the update to the game folder and always test any new music before leaving it or deleting it. I remember being so confused why folks were complaining about the music in the Imani wars update cause to me it was only images and text, i've gotten so used to vetting each update i'd forgotten all about deleting the songs, they had no connective context, Sel added some shitty music, no idea where or when it'd play but it would be irrelevant as i'd hate it anywhere, so bye bye, scroll forward half an hour and i just blissfully waltzed in without a clue it was meant to be playing.

• Haha
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Yeah, and Maya Prime probably shared that belief.

Still, sadly or fortunately(?), the Maya Prime calling Sensei "My Akira" at the end, had lost pretty much all of her memories by then.

As far as she knew, he was her Akira, at the end:
She probably wouldn't even be able to think otherwise.
I don't follow, he is her Akira because he has remembered stuff from before the resets. None of the other Akiras seemed to have been able to do that. He's the Akira that managed to tell her again that he loved her. Sure, he didn't remember their entire backstory, but he remembered enough I'd think.
Also, to Riolol's point, there's a difference. Our Akira considers New Maya not his Maya because the memories that are gone are from the resets (thus, truly gone - to his knowledge). Hence, only one Maya could be his Maya (because the memories he's looking for are after her initial "backup"). Maya Prime could potentially consider any Akira, her Akira, because the memories she was looking for were from before the resets (which all of them could have, but only this one managed to reach for without imploding).

So, in that sense, our Akira is her only Akira (because he was the first reset Akira to reach for the past), and she is his only Maya (because she's the only one he had known). Their parameters are different for evaluating Mayas and Akiras because their situations are different (as far as we know).

Last edited:

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I don't follow, he is her Akira because he has remembered stuff from before the resets. None of the other Akiras seemed to have been able to do that. He's the Akira that managed to tell her that he loved her again. Sure, he didn't remember their entire backstory, but he remembered enough I'd think.
Depends on what you mean by "enough", there are still years of their time together that he doesn't remember. Taking away even a year of somebody's memory can seriously change them as a person. Akira doesn't see New Maya as his Maya for that very reason. Maya may have felt the same way about him. I feel it's worth mentioning that New Maya has more memories of her time with Akira (Prime?) than Akira has of his time with Maya Prime.

• Thinking Face

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I check this thread after a long hiatus and what do I see? Some uncalled Good Kid slander. Disgusting.

View attachment 4041175
Mate, bro, buddy, everyone, and i do mean everyone, has shit taste in music, without exception, because it's entirely subjective and for every fan there will be a hater. I myself simply do not enjoy 99% of male singers and about 95% of female ones, it is very rare for me to enjoy lyrics and of the ones that i do 95% are in a foreign language so the voice is just another instrument without meaning, if some music has lyrics you can be sure there is a 99.9% chance i will hate it and want it gone.

(I stared at the post for a while trying to figure out how to make it clear i'm not trying to be a dick but just putting on a bit of a performance amongst friends but i couldn't do it, so this addendum is to direct you to read it in the jovial spirit i meant it.)

• Haha

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Depends on what you mean by "enough", there are still years of their time together that he doesn't remember. Taking away even a year of somebody's memory can seriously change them as a person.
What he did remembered was enough for her. It's all started with his buying that green scarf, before that she was cautiously testing waters (taking him to coffee vending machine, to maybe carefully stimulate his memories through sense of taste).

Some of her verbiage early on led me to believe that previous iterations of Sensei were some other entities entirely, rather than the same person, who just did get quite far enough to gain his memories back. But maybe it's just her perception. Remember her reaction to being sent back when she was almost reset the first time? She was convinced that the Past Sensei were a fake and was actively blocking out his voice and face much the same way Akira used to block out Sekai.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Mate, bro, buddy, everyone, and i do mean everyone, has shit taste in music, without exception, because it's entirely subjective and for every fan there will be a hater. I myself simply do not enjoy 99% of male singers and about 95% of female ones, it is very rare for me to enjoy lyrics and of the ones that i do 95% are in a foreign language so the voice is just another instrument without meaning, if some music has lyrics you can be sure there is a 99.9% chance i will hate it and want it gone.

(I stared at the post for a while trying to figure out how to make it clear i'm not trying to be a dick but just putting on a bit of a performance amongst friends but i couldn't do it, so this addendum is to direct you to read it in the jovial spirit i meant it.)
How dare you to talk about subjectivity of personal preferences on the Internet of all places. Fuck you bro, get a taste of my mad Paint skills.

fiddy-fuck-you.gif

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Depends on what you mean by "enough", there are still years of their time together that he doesn't remember. Taking away even a year of somebody's memory can seriously change them as a person. Akira doesn't see New Maya as his Maya for that very reason. Maya may have felt the same way about him. I feel it's worth mentioning that New Maya has more memories of her time with Akira (Prime?) than Akira has of his time with Maya Prime.
These are very different things. Let me put it in a different way.

Is our Akira Niki's Akira? Going by your perspective he'd be just as "not enough" of an Akira to Niki as he was to Maya. He remembers only fragments of his past. Yet you don't see Niki and Ami questioning if "this" Akira is their Akira. They classify Akira as a person that has lost or is blocking part of their memories and that's it.
Lastly, it doesn't escape me that there is a nuance to someone not being the same if losing their memories, and, well, yes - in that sense our Akira isn't her Akira. But neither would he be the Akira of anyone in this game.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 301 Votes