DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
Another non-sequitur, but I've noticed the earlier Events in the game are absolutely peppered with references to how put-together and competent Akira was as a teacher prior to his reset (rebirth? reincarnation?). Have we ever seen any flashbacks to what exactly he was doing that so-impressed the more studious girls, like Makoto and Futaba? Very curious as to who exactly that 'version' of Akira was and how he ended up so different from the current one.
Technically, there has been a flashback scene of Akira teaching, just not teaching the class but doing private tutoring with Maya and Noriko. And he seemed pretty competent and invested then.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I would imagine Sensei was like this in class prior to the resets as well.
Part of why he changed surely was simply his amnesia, forgetting why he liked teaching, who he did it for.
Hence I wouldn't say current Akira is a different Akira then he was back then per se. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the true end/purity routes would lead him to return to his former self, regaining his memories, but finally facing his traumas and dealing with them properly.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Technically, there has been a flashback scene of Akira teaching, just not teaching the class but doing private tutoring with Maya and Noriko. And he seemed pretty competent and invested then.

I would imagine Sensei was like this in class prior to the resets as well.
Part of why he changed surely was simply his amnesia, forgetting why he liked teaching, who he did it for.
Hence I wouldn't say current Akira is a different Akira then he was back then per se. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the true end/purity routes would lead him to return to his former self, regaining his memories, but finally facing his traumas and dealing with them properly.
Adding to this, our Akira is extremely well-read and at least somewhat smart. If you'll recall, Touka has quizzed him in a variety of topics and he knew everything by heart, Wakana also is pissed at him because he clearly knows his subject matter and yet chooses not to put it into practice (she evaluates this during their first meetings and discussions about poetry).

As for him being put-together, that's debatable. He was a teacher that did his job, but Makoto (that was looking for a father figure) and Futaba (that is a romance novel nerd) aren't exactly the most credible judges of him when they couldn't even figure out he was dating Maya under their noses. I think it was more that he was a young male teacher at a female highschool that genuinely seemed to enjoy teaching.

I see no dissonance between original Akira and ours that'd make me think they aren't the same person.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Tinfoil hat theory -- Yumi's motive for bullying Futaba was really a variation of breast envy.

1) Of the original 10, Futaba was the only girl with larger breasts than Yumi
2) Futaba doesn't exactly hide how large they are
3) Yumi is ashamed of her breasts, makes an active effort to conceal them, and gets noticably uncomfortable when anybody -- including best friend Chika -- comments on them.

She's jealous of the fact that Futaba ISN'T ashamed of her breasts, and uses fatphobia as cover (an easy thing to do in Japan, which is an actively fatphobic country). The bullying is just an expression of her own insecurity.

Undermining argument: Touka exists.

DeanNorris

Aug 20, 2022
Tinfoil hat theory -- Yumi's motive for bullying Futaba was really a variation of breast envy.

3) Yumi is ashamed of her breasts, makes an active effort to conceal them, and gets noticably uncomfortable when anybody -- including best friend Chika -- comments on them.

She's jealous of the fact that Futaba ISN'T ashamed of her breasts, and uses fatphobia as cover (an easy thing to do in Japan, which is an actively fatphobic country). The bullying is just an expression of her own insecurity.

I would say Yumi's obsession with hiding her sizable knockers has more to do with her insecurities and her aversion of being associated with anything feminine.
She does her best to not be in any way, shape or form lady-like, but to come across as strong and independent instead. Not to be considered butch or potentially lesbian either though.
I assume a large reason for that is not growing up with a male authority figure, or any real parental figure at all really, and having to learn to get by by herself, becoming independent much earlier than would be considered natural. Also hating her Mom is surely adding towards her aversion of anything feminine, mothers being the epitome of what is considered to be womanly.

When it comes to why she chose to bully Futaba - to assert dominance. It's linked to the above really - both because of her insecurities, as well as trying not to be left behind in the social rankings, given that she has nobody to help her or back her up (until Chika).
Also, and I'm trying not to victim blame here, because Futaba is an easy target who is gullible and weak-willed enough to let it get to her. Yumi is shown to insult the other girls about their issues as well, but Futaba is the only one that really takes it to heart.
And last but not least, envy. Though I'm pretty sure it's not breast envy. Just general envy for having a stable life with loving people around her that respect her. Again, Yumi has that with Chika, but besides her and Chinami, she has basically nobody and would be considered an outcast, whereas Futaba always had friends and family.

Last edited:

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Absolutely.

Everyone who DMs me their credit card information with the secret digits will win an exclusive WIRES T-shirt and access to the game's next update a month ahead
... sounds like a scam ...
... are you gonna buy that t-shirt and buy patreon subscription via the provided card ... ?

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Hopefully this scene with this particular group implies some great and unprecedent content if a reset really is coming.
As for the return of the band...........sigh

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
A lot of the thumbnails I used actually came from R3burn in this post:
yes, please.
That’s Karin with Uta, right? If so—

ngl, kind of shocked she’s there. Also… do her boobs look smaller?
It's Kirin, Uta's just very small.
Tbf, I have no actual problem with their songs, after having listened to them a few times out of the game. and are bangers. The issue is that trying to read while having them playing was badly chosen, I hated and probably still dislike how they were incorporated in the Imani wars.

Interesting that the shot is about RAS, Ayane's probably aware that the reset is coming given that she got them all together. For naught, most likely, as only Makoto, Ayane and Maya should be the chosen girls to go through it (based on their number of events).

Also, screw Nodoka and Futaba I guess lol Apparently being able to figure everything out by herself (and her thousand of past versions), and surviving a symposium wasn't enough for an invitation. I assume Tsuneyo's still rejecting the invite.

Edit: Oh, I just realised, this halloween probably IS the RAS' version of the sleepover, isn't it? You get them all together (the entire class even) through the whole night so that they can see as the reset happens, it really is the improved version of dec 28 2020. Kudos, Ayane, well played. If only it was on dec 28 it could double as Himawari's birthday party, I wonder if she'll have a costume on at least...

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Just to put this out there, there is probably a case for why Pre Resets Sensei appeared to be more "put-together" than he was in the Resets. It was likely due to the one thing that Sensei lacked in the Resets:

His relationship with Maya.

Ami kept Sensei alive by basically doing everything around the house, making sure he was fed, waking him up, etc, but Maya was his stress relief and more or less therapist:
Maya also seemed to control him in a way that lead to him staying away from other girls (Noriko, in particular), and ignoring those voices in his head. Black-outs and Hallucinations aren't anything new as Maya Prime pointed out in Chapter 3's 'I Won't Say I'm In Love' Main Event.

Sensei, in the Resets, lacked part of this system that had kept him functioning for years, along with his memories of those years, and had nothing keeping his worst impulses in check.

This would probably be a reason that Sensei seemed more "put-together" Pre Resets. He had a system in place, that required Maya, and it kept him stable.

In the Resets, this System was neutered and Maya couldn't even tell him she loved him without breaking him. Current Sensei started out basically trying to fill the void left by her, with whoever or whatever he could.

Sana kind of looks like she's gonna shank Noriko...lmao.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

I would say Yumi's obsession with hiding her sizable knockers has more to do with her insecurities and her aversion of being associated with anything feminine.
She does her best to not be in any way, shape or form lady-like, but to come across as strong and independent instead. Not to be considered butch or potentially lesbian either though.
I assume a large reason for that is not growing up with a male authority figure, or any real parental figure at all really, and having to learn to get by by herself, becoming independent much earlier than would be considered natural. Also hating her Mom is surely adding towards her aversion of anything feminine, mothers being the epitome of what is considered to be womanly.

When it comes to why she chose to bully Futaba - to assert dominance. It's linked to the above really - both because of her insecurities, as well as trying not to be left behind in the social rankings, given that she has nobody to help her or back her up (until Chika).
Also, and I'm trying not to victim blame here, because Futaba is an easy target who is gullible and weak-willed enough to let it get to her. Yumi is shown to insult the other girls about their issues as well, but Futaba is the only one that really takes it to heart.
And last but not least, envy. Though I'm pretty sure it's not breast envy. Just general envy for having a stable life with loving people around her that respect her. Again, Yumi has that with Chika, but besides her and Chinami, she has basically nobody and would be considered an outcast, whereas Futaba always had friends and family.
1726512014567.png
YES

4.10 star(s) 303 Votes