fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
On the topic of soundtracks, one of the newer soundtracks that has me unexpectedly shaken is iamhome played during Times New Roman.

Listening to it without playing that event is ok; it's just a calm peaceful tune. But when I was first playing that update and when I was still in that room trying to break out, instead of feeling annoyed or overwhelmed like the rest of the resets, that track made me feel like this time I was absolutely fucked. With the amount of doomsaying immediately prior to reset6, I thought Akira this time was truly done for, and there was no more I could do.

This track somehow just resonates so well with my imagination about "What BGM would be played for someone who peacefully accept their impending death in slow motion, knowing this time there truly is no escape from the disaster that's doomed to happen in 2 second".
Someone who's about to get hit by a car. Someone who's about to hit the ground after jumping. Someone who's about to be claimed by their own stage 4 cancer. The last few fleeting moments where they are still residents to this mortal plain. All that's left to do is listen to this epilogue music and quietly feel your own existence phasing out.

"This is it"
"The show's over"
"It's my turn"

I remembered letting my mouse go and just staring at that room and thinking, "Maybe I should just wither into nothing here".

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
It's different in theory, but not so much in practice. Maya Prime didn't think Sensei was Sensei, until this timeline, hence the whole reincarnation theory of hers, but none of them lasted long enough to reach the point where Current Sensei actually remembered something. (Or apparently had Himawari sell them that Scarf, plus whatever other divergences)

Maya Prime was thinking Current Sensei could "probably" be her Akira:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But, unless he had been through what they've been through:
She probably wouldn't truly see him as her Akira.

And Maya Prime was aware that Current Sensei didn't share their memories:

Current Sensei was basically just close enough, and seemed to be like her Akira, but at the end, it probably didn't matter.

Maya Prime probably wouldn't have even remembered the resets if all that was left in her head, was Akira. There being other Senseis probably wouldn't be distinguishable, and therefore there'd be only one, as far as she'd be aware.

It's also possible that Current Sensei isn't actually Akira. He "regained" a memory but he saw himself in it:
This game loves playing with the idea of perception, and has mentioned Shapeshifters and other kinds of entities that can appear human:
While also noting that there can be false memories:

I haven't completely written off that Current Sensei could just end up being New Akira, if not something akin to Knife Boy. It's probably fine to see him as Akira though, until more gets revealed.
Hey, I’m sure this has been talked about, but… what is the first divergence Maya noticed from the ever-repeating round of sorrow?

if it was the scarf (which is how I remember it), then Himawari really is a major player, it seems to me. She’s literally changed the unchanging balance in this cycle of misery. She may not be very powerful — she can’t just change stuff. But she’s very important.

And the question of what her role is, not to mention her plan (aside from saving mom and dad) seem pretty central as well.

Not controversial, I know, but interesting.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Riolol and DeSkel15

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hey, I’m sure this has been talked about, but… what is the first divergence Maya noticed from the ever-repeating round of sorrow?

if it was the scarf (which is how I remember it), then Himawari really is a major player, it seems to me. She’s literally changed the unchanging balance in this cycle of misery. She may not be very powerful — she can’t just change stuff. But she’s very important.

And the question of what her role is, not to mention her plan (aside from saving mom and dad) seem pretty central as well.

Not controversial, I know, but interesting.
Probably Ami becoming a Maid:
Then the scarf stuff happens.

Although, in theory:

Overall: Ami becoming a Maid is the first notable thing Maya seemed to notice, but it might be Yumi preventing Sensei from seemingly erasing himself/walking into static in 'Not Even Me' that really changed the timeline, if that was new.

Edit: Could be a few other things, though. Hard to tell since Maya focused mostly just on Sensei and Ami.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 301 Votes