alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
From name, this game need ntr to perfect!!!!
That's not even possible since Sensei is literally the only male in the game, others are only mentioned and are not even anywhere close to NTR material unless you're suggesting they rape the girls into Stockholm Syndrome. Only one guy in the entire game, Sensei and I mean player Sensei specifically, is anywhere near willing and even he won't do that, the other guys are described as nice people who would never try to do such a thing or completely oblivious to the girls even existing because they are too caught up in their work.

Yes, that was me taking a shot at Ayanae's dad for his lack of interaction with his daughter. I mean, at least he's there, but that's not enough for his own flesh and blood. Come on, man, pay attention to your daughter once in a while so she doesn't have to walk all the way down to the skullery to talk to Geoffrey.

You mean "Lessons in love" automatically goes with ntr ?
I mean, sure, if love means Stockholm Syndrome, since that's basically what it is when the girl starts asking for the guy whole stole her from her lover to mess her up and do all sorts of other things, psychologically speaking anyway. I'm no psychologist, but there's no way they actually want it, it's a mental defense mechanism at best.

Understandable, thank you for your respect for the big boss selebus.
I'll ask directly on his Discord or SubscribeStar when I get the chance, but I've got to get off for now for a few hours. I don't think he'll say no since there's no chance of actual game assets getting out, but better to be safe, I don't want to be the one to repeat the reason the characters aren't given to subscribers anymore. This could also give me the potential green light I need to share my own work on a different project that uses them, so I do have my own goal at stake as well.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: jesusjackct

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
No no, he ain't.
The others just don't get any screen time~~~
In game means making an appearance, that's why I also said the others are only mentioned. If they don't actually appear, they are not in game, just in text. In game means they have the sprites and other graphical assets player Sensei and the girls do.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
If Selebus wasn't allowing the game to be released free after a short period anyway, the leaks would pose a potential benefit as that gives the possibility of playing to players who can't afford to pay. However, because it is released free after two weeks, that reasoning does not apply.
I feel like it be more beneficial to Selebus if he would stuck with twice per month instead one big update and have a public release a week after patron. It seem like there would be less incentive to leak early and it would hurt much less.

The rest is going a bit far, don't you think? I don't mean the point, I mean the tone you used.
Don't know. When people grandstand on topic of piracy and pretend to not understand how it may be discoreging for people putting work into a product it's pissiming off to no end.

Some of it was definite sarcasm, but some was not. I found it pretty clear which was which, actually, but you're right, some people may not.
I'm usually 100% serious when I call myself Jesus. It's just a thing i do.

He does, which is a sign of a good developer.
I don't thing so. That is not to say he isn't a good developer.

While he is sticking to his own vision, he is also not completely ignoring his players.
I thing taking it this personal and being as defensive as Selebus was about the game isn't the same as taking players feedback into account, not in the least. I'm glad he's distancing himself now, as I'm sure it was contributing heavily to his stress. I'm sure both patreon and discord are better in that regard.

I also disagree with the negative reviews because a majority of the negativity boils down to people not liking elements that are inherent in this type of game, especially the Denpa aspects. That was a pretty widespread complaint for some time, that there was 'too much darkness' going on or something like that. Then there's the complaints about there being consequences that people completely miss because they didn't read or didn't get to an event in time. Then finally the complaints about certain puzzles needing certain things like sound.
Some of the reviews are talking about how writing is "pretentious" and the writer like "the sound of his voice", so to speak. Which is, actually, close to how I thought about the game in the beginning.
Hey, I'm here for smut, what's this existential angst about? Opening script editor, Edgar Poe...what? Gtfo, just let me choose a name and I'd be on my merry way. I skipped a lot in the beginning, before I developed genuine interest in the story. But if it doesn't click for you, it doesn't click for you.

From name, this game need ntr to perfect!!!!
There alredy is. MC get cocked by a giant sophisticated devine vibrator machine.

No no, he ain't.
The others just don't get any screen time~~~
There is curious line in the game, how "dorms don't exist during night time", I assume because Sensei isn't around to visit them. You can say that other male characters exist only in other girls heads, until proven otherwise.

In game means making an appearance, that's why I also said the others are only mentioned. If they don't actually appear, they are not in game, just in text. In game means they have the sprites and other graphical assets player Sensei and the girls do.
You're being too real, it's no fun.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I feel like it be more beneficial to Selebus if he would stuck with twice per month instead one big update and have a public release a week after patron. It seem like there would be less incentive to leak early and it would hurt much less.

Don't know. When people grandstand on topic of piracy and pretend to not understand how it may be discoreging for people putting work into a product it's pissiming off to no end.

I'm usually 100% serious when I call myself Jesus. It's just a thing i do.

I thing taking it this personal and being as defensive as Selebus was about the game isn't the same as taking players feedback into account, not in the least. I'm glad he's distancing himself now, as I'm sure it was contributing heavily to his stress. I'm sure both patreon and discord are better in that regard.

Some of the reviews are talking about how writing is "pretentious" and the writer like "the sound of his voice", so to speak. Which is, actually, close to how I thought about the game in the beginning.
Hey, I'm here for smut, what's this existential angst about? Opening script editor, Edgar Poe...what? Gtfo, just let me choose a name and I'd be on my merry way. I skipped a lot in the beginning, before I developed genuine interest in the story. But if it doesn't click for you, it doesn't click for you.

There alredy is. MC get cocked by a giant sophisticated devine vibrator machine.

There is curious line in the game, how "dorms don't exist during night time", I assume because Sensei isn't around to visit them. You can say that other male characters exist only in other girls heads, until proven otherwise.

I believe his model to be fine as is, which is basically twice a month with two weeks between patron and public. This gives patrons ample time to get the head start they paid to have, one week may not.

It still could have been put a bit more nicely, the "aww, what's that?" part, I mean.

I have to disagree on your disagreement, a good developer should always listen to their players. That is not to say do as they tell him, that just means actually paying attention to what they say and addressing any concerns, which Selebus does. Going too far and submitting to the will of the players to the point of doing things in the game as they want, to a large degree specifically, not the occasional player request, is actually a sign of a bad developer. As an example, Innoxia, developer of Lilith's Throne, has been guilty of going too far on listening to players lately, spending far too much time on player requests and not enough on what they want personally to be added or what they already have planned.

That's not the player feedback I'm referring to, what I'm referring to is when he interacts on an in game issue. He's been extremely responsive to issues that might be bug related, which there have been a few, both with version bugs and save bugs, but at the same time, he's not doing the player base's every whim, either.

I mean, that's player Sensei in a nutshell. He's a pretentious, narcissistic, greedy asshole whole does whatever it takes to get what he wants. Of course the writing is a bit pretentious, it comes from player Sensei's point of view. He is both himself and the narrator in this story through his interactions with others and his inner thoughts respectively.

So Geoffrey would exist in a sense because Ayane said so, but not Yumi's father because, while she does mention him, she never mentions interacting during the events of the story? Just trying to get a sense of what you mean by only in their heads.

I don't always interpret the tone of what is being said in text correctly, so I sometimes mistake serious for not serious and the reverse.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
It still could have been put a bit more nicely, the "aww, what's that?" part, I mean.
Maybe. I regret nothing, though.

I have to disagree on your disagreement, a good developer should always listen to their players. That is not to say do as they tell him, that just means actually paying attention to what they say and addressing any concerns, which Selebus does. Going too far and submitting to the will of the players to the point of doing things in the game as they want, to a large degree specifically, not the occasional player request, is actually a sign of a bad developer. As an example, Innoxia, developer of Lilith's Throne, has been guilty of going too far on listening to players lately, spending far too much time on player requests and not enough on what they want personally to be added or what they already have planned.

That's not the player feedback I'm referring to, what I'm referring to is when he interacts on an in game issue. He's been extremely responsive to issues that might be bug related, which there have been a few, both with version bugs and save bugs, but at the same time, he's not doing the player base's every whim, either.
That's not really what I'm talking about. Sticking with your vision, even when some people complain about it, addressing concerns, being uber responsive - that's all fine and good. I'm talking about how he gets all defensive and passive aggressive sometimes in his responses. I'm not criticizing it, just saying it's not good for stress reasons and I'm glad he's doing less of it now.

I mean, that's player Sensei in a nutshell. He's a pretentious, narcissistic, greedy asshole whole does whatever it takes to get what he wants. Of course the writing is a bit pretentious, it comes from player Sensei's point of view. He is both himself and the narrator in this story through his interactions with others and his inner thoughts respectively.
It doesn't look like narrator is always the person as Sensei. It's hard to distinguish, though.

So Geoffrey would exist in a sense because Ayane said so, but not Yumi's father because, while she does mention him, she never mentions interacting during the events of the story? Just trying to get a sense of what you mean by only in their heads.
It's like pre-installed knowledge. Just like with space war, girls don't question it, they just know about their dads, butlers and such, even when girls don't interact with them, because they (dads and butlers) don't exist. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Maybe. I regret nothing, though.

That's not really what I'm talking about. Sticking with your vision, even when some people complain about it, addressing concerns, being uber responsive - that's all fine and good. I'm talking about how he gets all defensive and passive aggressive sometimes in his responses. I'm not criticizing it, just saying it's not good for stress reasons and I'm glad he's doing less of it now.

It doesn't look like narrator is always the person as Sensei. It's hard to distinguish, though.

It's like pre-installed knowledge. Just like with space war, girls don't question it, they just know about their dads, butlers and such, even when girls don't interact with them, because they (dads and butlers) don't exist. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see.
Have you seen some of the comments he replied to in that way, he was giving what he was given, I would have done the same.

I mean it kind of is, it just may not be the same one we play as. I still hold major stake in my theory that he has a split personality and that's where the USERS come from.

I see now, though it could also just not get mentioned, not every story mentions what goes on off screen so to speak.

Hell yeah I like the sound of my voice. It bought me a fucking house.
Well, I mean, if it's buying you nice things, I would say that's a reason to like it. :p

Selebus is secretly Nolan North
Maybe

npezone

Dec 31, 2020
That's not even possible since Sensei is literally the only male in the game, others are only mentioned...
It could be possible that Haruka finally snaps and abducts Rin (assuming she doesn’t turn out to be her lost daughter or something).
Or similarly; Maki tends to have something of an obsession with Haruka. But in this case; I’d wish them all the best (and perhaps Sensi gets a regular kitty threesome).

Unless I’m mistaken; nothing says such unsavoury nonsense can’t be girl-get-girl...

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes