akselx

Mar 29, 2020
The whole "you're worried what it will do to you" comment is what sealed it for me.

Daisy has already told us that her name is Akira's favorite flower, and Ayane's comment to the effect of "I made sure it was something you really like" paired with "worried what it will do to you" really implies that by answering the question, we're naming Daisy.
Yeah, I still think Himawari makes more sense.
Sunflowers are ever present in visuals.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Which effectively created a supernatural being that exists outside of time and space, appears to be immune to the rules of the time bubble, and is something of a wildcard in whatever the gods are planning.
Eh, maybe she just was the only available hire at the time.

1678932774567.png

• Haha
Reactions: fdsasdf_p

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
We won't see the real Tsuneyo with any regularity until she feels safe to drop her mask or until she's forced to -- either because she's too exhausted to keep it up, or she's in emergency mode like she was in that Halloween event (or when Yumi was attempting to kill Nodoka, I think that was a mask-off moment as well)
She felt pretty authentic when Sensei meet her by chance on the bridge before the date.

Reactions: crustlord12

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I actually went with Sakura myself, because the narrator waxes poetic about the smell of Ami's cherry blossom shampoo during one of the trips, and later in the update when Niki took him to the scene of the accident, one of the images that showed up was of a sakura tree.

It may not be canonically right, but it is incredibly appropriate -- not that yours isn't, I think all three are very good options based on textual hints.

Eh, maybe she just was the only available hire at the time.
She definitely isn't the stillborn child, because she was never born. I assumed the stillborn child was a reference to Sekai being pregnant when she died (and I'm still fairly sure about that).

Reactions: DrFree

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
She definitely isn't the stillborn child, because she was never born.
Details. The whole dialogue is playful. Their names also color coded similarly, for what it's worth and, I think, that happy scene with this monstrosity was either in the same update as reset that erased Ayane's pregnancy, or some time after it.
I assumed the stillborn child was a reference to Sekai being pregnant when she died (and I'm still fairly sure about that).
How so? I don't think this lines up.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Details. The whole dialogue is playful. Their names also color coded similarly, for what it's worth and, I think, the scene with this monstrosity were either in the same update as reset that erased Ayane's pregnancy, or some time after it.
The scene with the Stillborn Child is Trinity III, from Chapter 1 (Halloween update, specifically).
Ayane's attempt to tell Sensei she was pregnant was prior to reset 3 (halfway point of chapter 2)

How so? I don't think this lines up.
There has to be a source for Akira's revulsion at the idea of getting someone pregnant. It's multiple degrees of magnitude beyond "doesn't want to be father," into some kind of trauma response. And there isn't really another place to pinpoint a source for that trauma but the accident.

Reactions: DrFree

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
So, nobody's really talking about it (or if they are, it's buried in DRM salt), but I think the old man is dead. Or at least was prior to the reset. Or maybe nobody's talking about it because it was obvious to everyone else.

1) Tsuneyo's reluctance to the ramen shop is unusual. Like there's something she's trying to avoid.
2) She's being morbid in the scene on the bridge, even asking (obliquely) about what will happen to her.
3) She's genuinely afraid to to go to the shop.
4) She's later called to the shop by her neighbor because of a smell.

There's nothing concrete, but I think she suspects that he's gone, and is afraid to return to the shop because that would make it real.

It also helps that she was talking about the potential for rain, and my brain IMMEDIATELY jumped to Hughes' funeral in Fullmetal Alchemist. That might have seen me down the Red Herring Trail, actually.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
There's one of the most revealing and plot-relevant events in the entire game so far hidden behind an impossible bonus question (Mother's Milk)... and there's also a high-school-length essay about different ways of making coffee.

This game has two halves.
The whole coffee bit was peak trolling.

We know it's a reset update, we're given this absolute beast of an essay, and of course we're gonna read every word of it because we know some part of it's gonna be needed for the reset.

And then it has absolutely nothing to do with the reset.

*chef's kiss* 10/10 trolling

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
You don't even have to think about it too much, something I saw recently replaying, I think the most detailed test and wink is very early, (perhaps possibly added in the rework of cap1) affection event 10 of ayane, curiously titled, Name of Our Children, It happens right after an internal Akira monologue.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Glad i could inspire you, you obviously need it. Also i'll have you know i'm in the 8th grade not the 2nd. Still haven't learned the word sycophant just yet but considering how much of a cunt meanie you are i can take a wild guess.

But Akira's navel is soooooo cute though.

You must be really miserable if your life consist of playing video games you hate and then whine about it all day. Get help.

Am i supposed to know whatever that is ?
I don’t expect you to know what anything is. I honestly don’t understand how you can enjoy this game, you are unable to comprehend simple sentences.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
This new Happy event managed to tense me right up more so than the previous ones, good job.

I am not sure how serious I should be about the role of the BREEDYOURNIECE Ami in everything, or this event only makes sense by treating it merely as a gateway to the past.

She introduced herself basically as some type of fear incarnate. Thus, 今 repeatedly saying I AM YOU clicks with some Sensei's monologue, but the fact that 今 looks like big eye Ami would imply Sensei's inner fear toward Ami? (I mean the girl is yandere af so it's sensible)

And I don't think 今 only represents Sensei's fear like in a metaphorical sense, but in fact is one of the supernatural beings, or at least something super unnatural. The way she says "there are still some who wish to use you" implies she's is not one of the three gods but somehow an entity with equal footing?

Finally, the preferred name Nao she gives doesn't match her appeared name 今 in the textbox. While it's hard to discern what kanji Nao is written into, 今 literally means "present, now, today" aaaaaaaaand I don't think it's currently helpful :p

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
She introduced herself basically as some type of fear incarnate. Thus, 今 repeatedly saying I AM YOU clicks with some Sensei's monologue, but the fact that 今 looks like big eye Ami would imply Sensei's inner fear toward Ami? (I mean the girl is yandere af so it's sensible)
Akira also has a severe phobic reaction to the idea of getting someone pregnant, which is something Ami actively wants and talks about -- Ami might well be his daughter, which would literally make her an embodiment of that phobia. Also -- at the start of the game, he only thinks of her as a niece, which wouldn't trigger the phobia, but as he remembers more of his relationship with her mother, he becomes aware of that possibility, so this is a dread that builds naturally.

Last edited:

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
On the other hand, she's literally wearing a daisy

It's probably Himawari since Sel's quite the weeb, but I don't think Daisy is entirely unfounded.

If you actually think the game is "word vomit" bad and this update has nothing interesting, i really don't see a point for you to play it, let alone comment on it.

Never said that you can't, though. You have every right to think and do whatever the fuck you want. I just happen to think that your opinion is garbage.

For the record i don't think that me whining about you whining about the game is any less pointless than you whining about the game in the first place (yes this sentence makes sense). I just felt like voicing my opinion. Including the fact that complaining about the quantity of words in a fucking VN makes you a whiny little bitch.
Something can both have a mildly interesting story and be word vomit. This game absolutely leans into the word vomit.

Glad i could inspire you, you obviously need it. Also i'll have you know i'm in the 8th grade not the 2nd. Still haven't learned the word sycophant just yet but considering how much of a cunt meanie you are i can take a wild guess.
Hey mods, last I checked, the T&C here require you to be 18+

Anyway back to the game

This was actually one of the better updates in a while, and the reset event wasn't completely stupid like the last one (and thankfully the answers are super easy to lookup in the script). I hope the trend of actually plot heavy updates continue, but I imagine we'll again go back to the usual meaningless events with frankly not interesting characters in between actually interesting updates.

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
So, nobody's really talking about it (or if they are, it's buried in DRM salt), but I think the old man is dead. Or at least was prior to the reset. Or maybe nobody's talking about it because it was obvious to everyone else.

1) Tsuneyo's reluctance to the ramen shop is unusual. Like there's something she's trying to avoid.
2) She's being morbid in the scene on the bridge, even asking (obliquely) about what will happen to her.
3) She's genuinely afraid to to go to the shop.

There's nothing concrete, but I think she suspects that he's gone, and is afraid to return to the shop because that would make it real.

It also helps that she was talking about the potential for rain, and my brain IMMEDIATELY jumped to Hughes' funeral in Fullmetal Alchemist. That might have seen me down the Red Herring Trail, actually.
I thought of it as well, just I was expecting her reaction to be much much more acute or shaken if this is the case, but it might be a type of coping mechanism like you describe. You can still visit her at archery and Tojo's normally after the reset, so in a 4th wall breaking sense her dad is probably still kicking (same as sick Chinami fully recovered) but this probably isn't a valid proof :LOL:

I just hope that it's not her dead dad that starts to smell..............
When they have this conservation I just thought the ominous shadow is some type of reset Ami, but now I can't help but relating it with Tsuenyo's dad and interpreting it the morbid way.
1678940033899.png

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes